Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Rain ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Thirteen

Title: Rain

Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto, not me. I own nothing mentioned here.

Summary: As the rain fell around them, he felt Sasuke's warm weight on top of him, saw the familiar smirk strained at the edges. [SasuNaru]

A/N: This is another SasuNaru, folks. I don’t really know what to say to this besides it was the draft for Gathering Storm. Yeah, so this is how it was supposed to go, before I got a better idea. So, review and tell me what you thought. Or even give me suggestions. Ja!

And by the way, if I get any of the Japanese terms wrong, please tell me. I can never remember the Japanese name for Sasuke’s fire jutsus… /sweatdrop/


~*Rain*~



He really hated the rain, especially when it was ruining potential training time. Actually, it was training time. He just didn’t want to be cooped up inside his house. After three months of the cold shoulder from Sasuke, the dark haired teen had finally decided to stop being a jackass. And Naruto was excited that he would finally get to show Sasuke up like he had wanted to all those years ago. They weren’t always at each other’s throats anymore, but Naruto still felt like he had to put up a front when he was around the other boy. Something about Sasuke really made him uneasy when they were alone together.

A crack of thunder pulled him from his thoughts, and he started to wonder if maybe he should’ve stayed inside. But then he saw Sasuke standing underneath the gates, and a smirk tugged at his lips. It looked like he was going to get his wish after all.

“Oi, Sasuke-teme! You want to spar for a little while?” The blond asked, as he took a few steps closer to his teammate. Sasuke just smirked at him from the cover of a dark raincoat. Naruto had always hated his haughty smirks. “Well, do you want to or not?”

Sasuke’s smirk broadened as he pulled off his raincoat. “Of course I do, dobe.” The Uchiha moved over to the side and hung the sleek, black material on a hanging branch. There was another crack of thunder, and a streak of lightning that lit up black eyes. Sasuke was shaking with anticipation.

“Anything goes, teme.” Naruto called over to his teammate, clothes feeling heavy from the rain. It had completely soaked through his orange jacket, and he could feel it freezing his bones. “The first one to pin the other wins.”

“It’s your call, dobe.” Sasuke brought his hands out in front of him and curled them into fists. There was mud underneath his feet, but he wasn’t worried about it. His attention was focused on pounding the blond into oblivion. “Well, what are you waiting for?”

“Teme!” Naruto rushed at him, fist pulled back to land a punch on that haughtily smirking face. Sasuke dodged it easily, as well as the next one that came seconds later. Naruto aimed a kick at the Uchiha’s jaw, but Sasuke caught him by the ankle and landed a kick in his stomach. Growling, Naruto flipped out of range, and formed a familiar hand seal in front of him. “Taju! Kage bunshin no jutsu!”

“This trick again? Don’t you know anything else?” Sasuke smirked, as he formed his own seal, Sharingan following the blond’s every move. The real Naruto wasn’t in the group of shadow clones. “Katon! Ryuka no jutsu!” The flames licked at the three nearest shadow clones, and they disappeared in puffs of smoke. Sasuke searched the immediate area, trying to find his blond teammate amidst the trees. There were only shadow clones in front of him, all of them holding kunai and waiting for the dark haired teen’s next move. ‘You can stop hiding now, usuratonkachi! How is this sparring if you stay hidden the entire time?!”

The rain was starting to come down harder, and the time between cracks of thunder got smaller. Sasuke licked his lips, tasting the rain on them. He was getting impatient.

“Sasuke!” Naruto yelled, as he appeared behind the dark haired teen. Five of his clones surrounded the Uchiha, and the real Naruto aimed a kick at the other boy’s back. “And now, my secret move!” Sasuke was up in the air the next moment, watching Naruto’s shadow clones below. “Uzu-ma-ki! Naruto! Barrage!”

Before Sasuke could touch the ground, he vanished in a puff of smoke, and a log was left in his place. Naruto cursed colorfully as he spun around, trying to find the dark haired boy. His feet were slipping on the mud as he turned towards the sound of shadow clones popping.

“Katon! Ryuka no jutsu!” Sasuke aimed his attack at the real Naruto, and missed at the last second as the blond dodged. He tracked Naruto’s movements with his Sharingan, readying another fire attack. He took a deep breath of air; ready to release his attack, but something caught him from behind.

“Heh. I win, teme.” Naruto grinned, as Sasuke realized that he was now pinned down in the mud, with the blond boy straddling his hips. The other boy’s cocky grin really got on his nerves. “You didn’t see me coming, didja? Ha ha, I beat you again! I’m better than you-ack!” Naruto went wide-eyed as Sasuke rolled them over, so that he was the one pinning the blond to the ground.

Something was wrong. Sasuke realized it the minute he rolled them over. Naruto’s face was flushed underneath him, and the blond was breathing hard. Sasuke found that his eyes stayed locked on the blond’s lips, and suddenly he didn’t want to be there anymore. And yet, he didn’t want to get up.

“You know, you could let me up.” The blond suggested, starting to feel a little weird that the other boy hadn’t moved. Sasuke’s hair was hanging on the sides of his face, soaked from the rain, and his shirt was sticking to his chest. Naruto didn’t want to have to keep staring at it.

A streak of lightning lit up the area, exploding in the blond’s eyes. Sasuke felt his breath catch slightly, and tried to convince himself to get up. His legs refused to move. The more he tried to make himself move, the less he really wanted to. And suddenly he was struck by how much he wanted to lean forward, to claim Naruto’s lips as his own. Something was definitely wrong with him.

“Sasuke.” Naruto’s voice came out as a low moan-probably an accident-and Sasuke’s insides froze up. He couldn’t hold himself back anymore; couldn’t convince himself to stand up and get off of the warm body underneath him. So he did the only thing he could think of. He leaned down and kissed the blond. There was no warning; not even a muffled gasp as their lips met. There was a fleeting sense of completion, though, before it was swiftly swallowed up and all Sasuke felt was that warm mouth.

Naruto made a soft sound in his throat, and gently pushed the dark haired boy away. He didn’t say anything for a long time, just stared at the other boy, at a loss for words. What were you supposed to say to your best friend after he kissed you, that wouldn’t ruin your friendship?

Slowly, Sasuke pushed himself off of the blond, and grabbed his raincoat from the tree branch. He stayed quiet the whole time, not once looking to see if Naruto was watching him. It was still raining, but Sasuke didn’t put it back on; he just balled it in his fist. He left without saying anything. What was there to say? He had kissed Naruto, another boy, and his best friend. His best friend who liked a girl.

Naruto didn’t even stop him.


Someone was banging on his front door. Sighing, and half-annoyed, Iruka slid out of bed and went to answer the door before it was busted down. He was surprised to see Naruto on the other side, soaking wet and muddy from head to toe. He had some cuts on his face, too.

“Do you know what time it is, Naruto?” The Chuunin asked, as he stepped aside to let the shivering boy inside. Iruka disappeared into his room to grab a towel and warm clothes, then headed back into the living room. The blond stayed quiet as he toweled himself off, and changed into the clothes Iruka had handed him. “Why the heck were you out in the rain? Are you crazy?”

“I was training.” The blond whispered; grimacing as he thought about what had happened moments earlier. He dropped down onto Iruka’s couch, and leaned his head back against the cushions. Why had Sasuke kissed him? Was it just the spur of the moment, or was the other boy hiding how he really felt? “I was training with Sasuke and something happened. I didn’t know who else to go to.”

“What do you mean something happened? Did you hurt him?” Iruka sat next to the blond on the couch, two mugs of steaming, hot tea in his hands. He set the mugs down onto the coffee table, then turned to Naruto for more information. “Why were the two of you training in the first place?”

“I wanted something to do, but that’s not the point. We were training and I said the first person to pin the other wins. Well, I won, but afterwards he…”

“He what?”

“He kissed me.” There was a loud crash from Iruka’s room, and Kakashi came stumbling out, a sheet wrapped around his waist. He was hastily tugging his mask up.

“Sasuke kissed you?” He asked breathlessly, as he dropped next to Iruka on the couch. The Chuunin hid his face in his hands while Naruto gaped at them. Kakashi didn’t seem to notice. “Well, did he say anything? Are you two involved now? Is that what you’re trying to tell us?”

“Kakashi…” Iruka said in a warning tone, as he turned back to Naruto. “Ignore him for now, but he posed a few important questions. Why did Sasuke kiss you?”

“Hell if I know. I’m not a mind reader, Iruka-sensei.” Naruto took a sip of tea, and tried to ignore the feelings swirling around in his stomach. He was confused because he had liked the kiss. But he was supposed to like Sakura…right? Not Sasuke.

“He likes you but he doesn’t know it. Not yet, at least.” Kakashi said, as he leaned against Iruka. The pony tailed man blushed and hid his face again. “I think you should talk to him about this kiss. If I’m guessing correctly, you’re confused now, aren’t you?”

Naruto didn’t need to answer that question; his blush was enough.

“Then go talk to him.”

“I agree with Kakashi, that you have to talk to him. It would be better to do it first thing in the morning, so he knows you don’t hate him.” Iruka stood up from the couch, and grabbed the now empty mugs from the coffee table. He left Kakashi and Naruto alone as he went into the kitchen.

“So why are you here, Kakashi-sensei?” Naruto asked, almost afraid of the answer. All he got from the other man was a wink that gave him his answer.

“You can stay for tonight, Naruto. It’s still raining, and we’re closer to the Uchiha compound.” Iruka said, as he came back into the room with blankets in his arms. He dropped them onto the couch, and watched the teen for a long moment. “Get some sleep tonight, okay?”

“Okay.” Naruto said, as he fixed the blankets on the couch. Kakashi stood up as well, holding tight to the sheet around his waist. The blond didn’t want to know what that was about. When the two men had left the room, Naruto could finally think for himself. They were right; he needed to talk to Sasuke. And first thing in the morning sounded like the best idea. They would both get time to think about things.

Two hours later the blond didn’t want to wait until morning. He didn’t think he could wait another couple of hours. So he pulled himself off the couch, put his shoes back on, and snuck out the front door. The rain had stopped, so he would stay dry all the way to Sasuke’s house. When the compound finally loomed into sight, Naruto tried to calm his nerves and get things over with. He went to the front door, feeling awkward in Iruka’s borrowed clothes. But he pushed that feeling aside and knocked on the door.

Five excruciating minutes later the door swung open, a sleepy and confused Sasuke on the other side. The dark haired teen rubbed at his eyes to get the blond into focus.

“Naruto? What are you doing here?” The Uchiha leaned against the door, trying to not fall forward. He had just fallen asleep before the blond came knocking. “Is this about earlier? I’m sorry about that. I didn’t know what I was doing. So if you came here to-“

Forgetting that he was supposed to talk to Sasuke, the blond grabbed him by the face and smashed their lips together. Sasuke lost his balance and fell backwards, taking the blond boy with him. It was a moment before either boy realized the door was still wide open.

“I liked it.” The blond finally said, after they had closed the front door and moved into the living room. They were sitting side by side on the couch, barely touching but for their legs brushing. The tiredness was still evident in Sasuke’s voice as he spoke next.

“I got that from when you kissed me.” The dark haired teen smirked, too tired to even use his usual haughtiness. He leaned back against the couch and let his fingers gently brush the other boy’s. It was a comfort to know that Naruto returned his feelings and didn’t hate him. He was going to say that to the other boy, but when he opened his mouth, he yawned instead.

“That’s right; I woke you up.” The blond stood up from the couch and gently stretched himself out. The clock in the hall was chiming two-thirty, and Sasuke was falling asleep on the couch. “I should probably get going before Iruka-sensei realizes I’m gone.”

“You could stay.” Sasuke suggested, his voice thick with sleep. He stood up from the couch, swaying a little as he made his way towards the stairs. Naruto was suddenly afraid the other boy was going to trip down them or something. “I think it’s raining again.”

A look out the window proved that it had indeed started to rain again. Naruto smiled as he looked over at Sasuke, who was holding out his hand like he expected the blond to take it. And Naruto did take it, and let the Uchiha pull him up the stairs. He would worry about the technicalities later.



~Owari~