Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Shiver ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Sixteen

Titile: Shiver

Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto. If I owned it, we’d we a lot less ninja action and more yaoi! But, sadly, that hope is so far away. /sniffs/

Summary: Two friends take a walk in the falling snow. [KotIzu]

A/N: This pairing is Kotetsu and Izumo. ^^ And for those of you who don’t remember them, they were proctors for the first part of the Chuunin exams-the written test! They blocked the rookie nine from getting to the second floor, but Sasuke saw right through them. Ha ha, I’m going off topic here. Well, here’s the pairing and the chapter. Just review and that’s all. Ja!


~*Shiver*~



Kotetsu set the last of the Hokage’s papers onto her desk, then turned to go, stuffing his hands into his pockets. He shut the door softly behind him, grabbed his coat by the door, and met up with Izumo at the top of the stairs. Tiny snowflakes had started to fall on Konoha. There was barely an inch on the ground, but you couldn’t see the sidewalk or the signs for any of the stores.

“Was the Hokage working diligently?” Izumo asked, as the two of them walked down the snowy streets towards home. With just a thin jacket, he shivered in the light breeze and wrapped his arms around his shoulders. He had never liked winter, but with his small frame who would’ve been surprised?

“She wasn’t even there.” Kotetsu grinned, as he rubbed the bandage across his nose. Christmas was a mere three days away, and they had a whole week off. “I’m not surprised. Tsunade-sama always slacks off, and it is getting really close to Christmas. Probably visiting friends.”

“Yeah.” Izumo agreed softly, shoving his hands into his coat pockets to keep them warm. The streetlights glared in the falling snow, and lights from houses were just turning off. They were late getting home again. Izumo stopped underneath a lamppost suddenly, and Kotetsu looked back at him questioningly.

“What’s up, Izumo?” He asked, as he backed up to where his friend was standing. The snow had started to fall harder, faster, and they could barely see what was in front of them.

“I just feel like we forgot something.”

“Oh? And that would be?”

Izumo opened his mouth, but snapped it shut when his eyes latched onto something green that hung from the light above their heads.

“Mistletoe.” He breathed, not meaning to say anything out loud.

“What would we need mistletoe for?” Kotetsu snorted, giving his friend an odd look. Looking at Izumo more closely, Kotetsu realized his friend was looking up, his mouth hanging slightly open. He followed the other man’s gaze, and his eyes nearly fell out of his head. “Oh. That mistletoe.”

Izumo swallowed around the lump in his throat. “What now, Kotetsu?”

Kotetsu took a small step forward, his eyes meeting the other’s in front of him. “I don’t know, but it is Christmas tradition. Maybe we should…?”

“…yeah.” Izumo swallowed hard, his hand going up to clutch at Kotetsu’s arm with gloved fingers. The other man put his hands on his friend’s hips, then leaned forward slightly, making Izumo lean the rest of the way. Their lips met briefly, in the space of a breath, and Izumo could feel the other man smirk against his lips.

“It happens every year. I wonder if someone’s trying to tell us something.” He took Izumo’s hands into his own, rubbing them to warm them up. “What do you think, Izumo.”

“I’d say you were right.” And slowly, they walked towards home in the snow.



~Owari~