Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Shock ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Seventeen

Title: Shock

Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto, not me. I own nothing mentioned here.

Summary: The feelings have been building for so long, Sasuke can't stand it. [KakaSasu]

A/N: This is somewhat of a sequel to the drabble back in Sakura Petals called Cover. Sasuke gives Kakashi Icha Icha paradise to see if he’ll take off his mask. But Sasuke gets a kiss instead, so…um, review? Ja!


~*Shock*~



He watched Kakashi with dark eyes as the man sat back against a log, his favorite orange book in his hand. Sakura was sitting across from him, nibbling on a nutrient bar, and Naruto was spinning a kunai on the tip of his finger. The fire burned brightly in the exact center of their little circle, casting dark shadows over the ground and splashing orange across the half of Kakashi’s face that wasn’t covered. Sasuke watched the silver haired man from under the cover of his bangs, his fingers tapping a nervous rhythm on his knees. He was waiting for Kakashi to send them to bed, so he could have this once in a lifetime chance.

Slowly, Kakashi closed his book, and slipped it into his back pouch. “You three,” he said lazily, “off to bed. I’ll keep watch out here.” Naruto was the first to stand, stretching his arms and complaining about how tired he was. Sakura followed next, but much more quietly. The silver haired man’s dark gaze lingered on Sasuke as the teen stared calmly back at him. “You’re next, Sasuke.” The man said.

The Uchiha stood up slowly, stretching the stiff muscles in his back, his eyes still on Kakashi. The man raised an eyebrow as Sasuke took his sweet time. By the time the dark haired boy climbed into the tent, his other two teammates were already fast asleep. It’s better that way, he thought, a small smirk gracing his pale features. If they’re asleep, then that makes my mission a lot easier. The teen settled into his sleeping bag, and waited patiently while the hours went by, until the moon shown brightly into the tent flaps.

Sasuke crawled out of the tent slowly, careful not to bump Naruto’s legs. When he finally made it out, he breathed in the fresh, night air, and swept his eyes over the campsite. The fire had burned down to a gentle glow, and Kakashi had fallen asleep on the log he had been leaning against. Icha Icha Paradise lay open on his chest, spine up, and his head lolled back against the log.

Weird position to sleep in. That can’t be comfortable. Sasuke made his way to the Jounin’s side, and leaned forward until he could see the man’s face. Kakashi’s one eye was closed. All right, he’s asleep. Maybe I can actually get away with this without him waking up. The teen kneeled next to the silver haired man; dark eyes fixed on that troublesome mask covering the bottom half of his sensei’s face. All I need to do is pull down his mask, and then…Swallowing hard, Sasuke reached for the man’s mask. And then, finally, I can kiss him!

Just as pale fingers latched onto the mask, a hand shot out and wrapped around Sasuke’s wrist. Dark eyes stared into a dark eye that mirrored his own surprise. The Uchiha swallowed thickly, and tried to paste a nervous grin on his face, but Kakashi saw right through it.

“Sasuke-kun,” the silver haired man said lazily, sitting up and making the teen lean back, “you were supposed to be in bed and sleeping by now.” His grip was strong on the teen’s wrist, but gentle enough where it wasn’t hurting him. His voice held a note of curious anger. When Sasuke didn’t give him an immediate answer, Kakashi sighed heavily. “What is your obsession with my mask?” He asked, almost afraid to hear the answer.

“It’s in the way.” Sasuke replied darkly, glaring at said mask like it was the gum on the bottom of his sandal. He tugged at the wrist locked in Kakashi’s grip, and groaned inwardly when the man wouldn’t just let go. Apparently he wasn’t one hundred percent satisfied with Sasuke’s answer. “That stupid mask is in the way of your mouth.” The dark haired teen replied reluctantly, ignoring the blush spreading across his pale cheeks. There was a moment of silence where Kakashi just stared at him, then quite suddenly the Jounin started to laugh.

“It’s in the way of my mouth?” Kakashi smirked, his visible eye crinkling with his amusement. Sasuke felt his cheeks heat more and tried not to pout-Uchiha’s didn’t pout-as the silver haired man carefully wiped the tears out of his eyes. “Sorry, Sasuke, it’s just-is that an indirect way of telling me to kiss you?”

Sasuke blushed more, if that were really possible, and lightly smacked Kakashi on the arm. “It’s your fault, you bastard. You didn’t have to kiss me after I gave you that book.”

“But I did.” Kakashi said lightly, hooking his fingers underneath his mask and pulling it down. Sasuke’s eyes widened a fraction of an inch, and his fingers went up to trace the man’s darkly attractive features. “Now that the mask isn’t in the way, what do you plan on doing?”

Sasuke effectively shut him up.

“Mmm. Now go to bed before someone wakes up.”

“Hn. Baka…”



~Owari~