Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Ribbons ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Twenty-six

Title: Ribbons

Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto. Also, the summary is a line taken out of the song ‘Our Lawyer Made Us Change The Name Of This Song So We Wouldn’t Get Sued’ by Fall Out Boy. I don’t own that either.

Summary: The ribbon on his wrist says do not open before Christmas. [ShikaCho]

A/N: As you can see, I took out the title that is usually below the line. It looked really weird just sitting there, and I got tired of typing it twice. /rolls eyes/ Review! Ja!

P.S. I know it’s not Christmas anymore, but bear with me, folks. I got it out reeeally late. Arigatou!




Chouji pulled the red ribbon from its spool, and wrapped the shiny strip around his wrist, using his teeth and his other hand to tie it into a fluffy bow. He had attached a tag to his chest, with Shikamaru’s name on it, surrounded by little, purple squiggles. On the back of the tag read the words: ‘Do not open before Christmas!’

Since he hadn’t exactly gotten the other boy a Christmas present, he thought giving himself would be the best thing. Granted, Shikamaru would probably just stare at him, but it was the thought that counted, right? Besides, there was no way the other ninja could resist this little surprise. Offering yourself to your best friend was a little weird, especially since said best friend didn’t know you had a thing for him. But Chouji had always liked surprises, and hoped Shikamaru liked him enough to accept his ‘gift’.

Chouji set the ribbon down on the dresser, and looked at himself in the mirror. He had wrapped the ribbon around his whole body, only leaving his head uncovered so he could see. He had gone soft on his legs and arms, opting to be able to move instead of staying still like a statue. He wouldn’t be able to make it to Shikamaru’s house bunny hopping all the way there. He’d get too tired too fast.

Chouji pushed his feet into his boots, not having the use of his arms, and reached over to open his bedroom door. Making his down the stairs was tricky, keeping his eyes on the steps so he wouldn’t trip. His legs weren’t bound that tightly-he wanted to move, after all-so he could still walk, to some degree. He wasn’t at the foot of the stairs in no time, and pulling the front door open.

“Chouji, is that you?” His mother’s voice resonated from inside the kitchen. He heard footsteps coming his way and hurried to get out the front door. He was just closing in when she turned the corner, and he saw her confused gaze through the tiny crack.

“I’m going to Shikamaru’s, mom. I’ll be back soon.” The chubby boy closed the door with a gentle click, and stepped out onto his porch. Pure, white snow blanketed the sidewalks, and clusters of little kids ran through the yards, throwing snowballs and making snow angels. Chouji smiled at them all as he made his way down the street, nothing on his mind but his best friend and the ribbons he’d have to untie.

He was at the other boy’s house in a few short minutes, and lifted his foot to kick the door, hoping Shikamaru answered. He didn’t want Shikamaru’s parents answering and thinking something weird was going on. And really, Chouji didn’t think this was weird at all, wrapping himself in ribbon just so Shikamaru could unwrap him. Really, it was normal for a fifteen-year-old boy to do these kinds of things just to gain someone’s affection.

After what seemed like forever-it was only three minutes, really-the door swung open, and Chouji was relieved to see Shikamaru on the other side. His best friend looked him up and down carefully; eyebrows furrowing as they stopped on the tag attached to the boy’s chest. The pony tailed boy reached for the small slip of paper, and read the words written messily on the back.

“’Do not open before Christmas’?” Shikamaru eyed his best friend carefully, tracing the path of the ribbon with his eyes. “What’s up with this, Chouji?”

The chubby boy found himself fighting off a slow blush as the other boy fingered the ribbons at his chest. “Well, can I come in first? I’ll tell you inside.” Shikamaru gave him one last stare before stepping aside to let him in, and waited patiently for his friend to hobble inside.

“Who’s Christmas present are you supposed to be?” Shikamaru smirked, closing the door as soon as Chouji made it passed the threshold. He led the other boy down the hallway, and stopped in front of sliding door, in which his room was right behind.

“This might sound weird, but I’m supposed to be your Christmas present.” Chouji smiled nervously at his best friend, who seemed to have tensed as soon as the words left the chubby boy’s mouth. Chouji shuffled his feet as he waited for the other boy to come back to the world.

My Christmas present?” Shikamaru asked, dumbfounded. Once Chouji had made it inside the room, Shikamaru still had enough sense left to slide the door shut. He was still staring at the other boy, like the words in his head just refused to wrap around his brain. “My Christmas present?” The pony tailed boy asked again, walking towards his bed and dropping heavily on top of it. It didn’t take a genius to know what the real meaning underneath those words were, and Shikamaru wasn’t sure he was ready to hear them.

“I didn’t-I didn’t have anything else to get you.” Chouji explained, nervously pulling at the ribbon around his wrist. It’s where all the ribbons connected with one big bow. “And I thought it was the perfect time to tell you that I, uh, liked you. You know?”

Shikamaru blinked rapidly as a rush of warmth made his skin tingle. He thought he wasn’t ready to hear Chouji’s confession, but it made him feel so warm and happy. The pony tailed boy stood up, and took the hand with the ribbon wrapped around its wrist. He fingered the fluffy bow with a single finger and held back a smile when his best friend blushed darkly.

“Do I really have to wait for Christmas?” Shikamaru asked, leaning forward conspiratorially as his breath warmed the other boy’s cheek. Chouji stuttered as three fingers stroked the inside of his wrist, gently playing with the bow holding his ribbons together.

“Not if you don’t want to.” Chouji managed to say, swallowing thickly as Shikamaru seemed to get closer and closer every time he blinked his eyes. On the last blink, Shikamaru had leaned forward that last inch, and pressed his lips to the other boy’s. He unraveled the ribbon with the tips of his fingers, and smirked against Chouji’s lips when the other boy surged into him.

“Merry Christmas, Shikamaru.”

“Merry Chris-mmmph.”



~Owari~