Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Everything You Want ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Twenty-eight

Title: Everything You Want

Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

Summary: Sasuke gives Naruto some advice before he leaves Konoha again. [One-sided NaruSasu]




It was like history was repeating itself, except Naruto had been the one to come to him instead of Sakura. The blond boy looked much like she had those years ago, tears staining his cheeks, his bottom lip trembling. Passersby wouldn’t recognize him as Uzumaki Naruto, the boy who would become Hokage.

“You know,” Sasuke drawled, turning his head to regard the smaller boy with narrowed eyes. “Sakura tried the same thing the first time I left. What makes you think it’ll work this time?”

Naruto swallowed thickly because he knew Sasuke was right. If Sakura couldn’t get him to stay the first time, what made him think he could make Sasuke stay the second time?

“And just like her, you want to confess that you’re ‘so in love with me’.” The Uchiha snorted to himself, like it was some private joke, and turned dark eyes on his former teammate. “Let me give you a piece of very helpful advice. You can’t have everything you want whenever you want it. You should keep that in mind when you think about becoming Hokage.” Sasuke stared at him for a long moment, satisfied when Naruto broke eye contact and clenched his fists at his sides.

“Can’t I?” The blond said quietly, as more tears made new tracks down his face. He wiped at them angrily with the back of his hand, and tried to look Sasuke in the eyes. “As long as I work at it, I will become Hokage. Just you watch, bastard. I’ll become Hokage.”

“But you can’t make someone love you, moron.” Sasuke’s voice was laced with venom, meant to pierce straight through the blond’s heart. Sasuke was glad he hit his mark as the blond clenched his fingers in his jacket, just above the steady beating of his heart. With the other boy so distracted, Sasuke turned on his heel, continuing on his way without annoying friends hindering his path. He could almost hear Naruto’s heart breaking.

Trust me, Naruto, it’s better this way.



~Owari~