Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Lonely ( Chapter 44 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Forty-four

Title: Lonely

Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

Summary: Sakura thinks about Sasuke. [One-sided SasuSaku]

A/N: Another little SasuSaku. Heh. So this little thing takes place during Sasuke’s and Naruto’s fight. Just Sakura thinking. ^_^ “Name” belongs to The Goo Goo Dolls.


“I think about it all the time
But I don’t need the same
If it’s lonely where you are
Come back home
And I won’t tell ‘em your name”

“Name” by The Goo Goo Dolls



Sakura looked out over the expanse of grass and trees just outside of Konoha, as the rain fell around her. Kakashi still hadn’t returned with her teammates safe and sound. She was really starting to worry.

Sasuke-kun…Sakura blinked her eyes rapidly, willing herself not to cry as thoughts of the dark haired boy ran through her head. She couldn’t believe he was leaving! Hoe could Sasuke just leave them for Orochimaru? They were teammate’s’ almost like family. Didn’t their time together mean anything to Sasuke?

Sakura moved away from the gate, and sat on the bench, her hands shaking just a little. She was so in love with Sasuke, wanted to be with him so badly that it hurt just to think about him. If Sasuke went away, then what was she supposed to do? She trusted Naruto, and she trusted Kakashi, but what if they didn’t bring Sasuke back?

A tear dripped down her cheek, mingling with the rain. She ignored it as she balled her fists in her dress, and slowly let the sadness overtake her. She hadn’t been able to stop him; hadn’t been able to convince him to stay. And it really hurt to know that Sasuke didn’t care enough about her.

Sakura sniffled softly, and stared back over at the gates. She would go home for now, and wait for the morning to come. She could get some rest and then she would greet her teammates tomorrow. Decision made, Sakura pulled herself from the bench and walked home.



~Owari~