Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Carry ( Chapter 48 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Forty-eight

Title: Carry

Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

Summary: Sakura is entrusted with an important decision. [SasuNaru]

A/N: Sequel to ‘Won’t Go Home Without You’. ^_^




Naruto shifted onto his side, smiling lazily as he opened his eyes to the sight of his husband lying next to him. Heh…husband. They were officially married now, weren’t they? The blond blinked back his tears and reached out for Sasuke’s hand, lacing their fingers together on the other man’s chest. He could feel the heavy press of their rings on his hand.

Almost five months had passed since their wedding, and it still felt like they were still on their honeymoon. Every night was well spent memorizing each other’s bodies, reveling in the taste of skin and desire, even though they’d been together for years, and already knew these things by heart.

Onyx eyes opened slowly and a sleepy smile spread over Sasuke’s lips as he met Naruto’s eyes. He leaned forward to capture the blond’s lips, and stroked his fingers up tanned skin.

“Good morning.” Sasuke murmured against the blond’s lips, running his fingers down the other man’s back and stopping on his hips. If you looked close enough, you could see the light bruises-shaped like Sasuke’s fingers-marring the perfectly tanned skin. The Uchiha pressed a soft kiss to the blond’s temple, then pulled away to check the time on the nightstand. “It’s almost noon, dobe.” Sasuke sighed, sitting up and leaning his back against the headboard. Naruto sprawled over his chest and placed butterfly kisses all over his abs.

“Who cares?” The blond said distractedly, laving Sasuke’s chest with loving kisses. He shifted to straddle the other man’s waist, and ran his fingers through soft, dark hair.

“We need to talk to Tsunade-sama.” Sasuke told him, putting his hands on the blond’s shoulders, and holding him at arms’ length. The Uchiha placed a soft kiss on his mouth, and moved away before the other man could respond properly. “We can’t miss this appointment.” The Uchiha rolled them over, pinning the smaller man beneath him and depositing another kiss to Naruto’s forehead.

“Why can’t we miss it?” The blond asked.

“You’ll see. Now get up and take a shower while I make breakfast, ne?” Sasuke moved to get up, but Naruto seized him by the shoulders and pulled him back down for another kiss. The Uchiha let the blond man guide the kiss for a few minutes, reveling in the feeling of their bodies pressed together, of Naruto’s tongue stroking over his own. Finally, Sasuke pulled away, and gave the other man’s bottom lip an affectionate nip. “No more distracting me, dobe. Go take a shower while I make breakfast.”

“All right.” Naruto grumbled, missing the warmth of his lover’s body as Sasuke moved off of him. The dark haired man located his boxers some feet from the bed, and stood up to slip them on. The blond man watched his backside appreciatively before pulling himself from bed and headed towards the bathroom, only stopping to grab a towel before he disappeared behind the door.

Sasuke got to work down in the kitchen, pulling two pans out of the cupboard. He placed them on the stove, and went over to the fridge, pulling four eggs out of the carton then shutting the fridge. He cracked two eggs on the ledge of the sink, and put them in the pan. The eggs sizzled pleasantly as he milled about the kitchen, pulling the waffles out of the freezer, and sticking them in the toaster. He cracked the last two eggs into the other pan, and moved a step to his right to scramble the ones in the other pan. When those eggs were nearly finished, he moved back to the fridge and pulled out a bag of grated cheese, chopped green and red peppers, and chopped onions. He went back to the stove, sprinkling the cheese, peepers, and onions into the pain. He shut the eye off for the scrambled eggs, and concentrated on making his own breakfast.

Naruto walked into the kitchen just as his waffles popped out of the toaster, and he grabbed a place from the cupboard. He scooped his scrambled eggs onto the plate, then grabbed both of his waffles and the syrup from the fridge and sat at the table. Sasuke came and joined him a few minutes later, and they ate in silence.

****

Naruto sat back in his chair, rubbing his belly and letting out a contented sigh. Even though the breakfast hadn’t filled him up as much as he had liked, it was delicious. Sasuke was a very good cook and the blond man never failed to love everything he made.

“I’m going to take a shower. Clean up for me?” Naruto nodded his head at the dark haired man, his blue eyes warming with the food in his belly. He stretched liberally, watching through half-lidded eyes as his husband set his plate in the sink, then disappeared down the hallway. The blond stood up and grabbed his own plate, setting it down in the sink as well. He went about putting the cheese, peppers, and onions away, grabbing the syrup as he passed the table. He gave Sasuke ten minutes of hot water before he stepped in front of the sink and started to do the dishes.

Sasuke came down a few minutes later, his hair sticking up at odd angles after he had run a towel through it. He combed it down with his fingers as he came up to the blond, wrapping his arms around Naruto’s waist from behind. The dark haired man kissed the back of his neck softly, causing little goosebumps to erupt on the blond’s arm. Sasuke pulled away after a few minutes and went to sit at the table.

“Ramen for lunch?” he asked, watching the blond with a soft smile, his head propped on his hand. The blond turned his head briefly to flash his husband a foxy grin.

“You bet.” He said simply, before shutting off the faucet and reaching for a towel to dry his hands. Sasuke stood up from the table, running a hand through his drying hair once more for good measure. Sasuke grabbed his house keys from the table near their front door as he slipped into his sandals, the blond man next to him just stomping his feet inside. They left the house the next minute, locking the door behind them, and walked towards Hokage Tower.

They made it in record time, reaching Tsunade’s office with three minutes to spare. Sasuke rapped his knuckles on the door, and waited until he heard Tsunade tell them to enter.

The blonde woman’s eyebrows pinched together, “You were almost late, brat. You made Sakura wait for longer than she should have.” The Hokage motioned for them to sit down, and Sasuke took the only seat left, pulling the small blond man into his lap. Tsunade cleared her throat, but not saying anything as she laced her fingers together on the table. “Naruto,” she started, “do you know why you’re here?”

The blond shook his head, curiosity piqued as he realized he was the only one that didn’t know what was going on. He felt a little left out. And what did Sakura have to do with anything?

“Okay, we can fix that. Two months ago, Sasuke came to me with a question.” Tsunade explained, leaning back in her chair. Eager blue eyes stared at her questioningly, wanting her to get on with it. “Well, he asked me if it was possible for you to have children.”

“Just me? Or both of us?” The blond asked confusedly, wanting clarification so he would know what she meant. Just the fact that Sasuke was asking this made his heart swell with happiness, and he had to blink a couple of times to stop himself from crying in front of them all.

“Both of you naturally. I told him that you could go one of three ways. The first is adoption, but I thought you both would like to have a bit of yourselves in your children, so I think it could be ruled out. The second option is a surrogate. Sakura has already volunteered if you want to go that way.”

“And the third option?” Naruto asked, knowing Sasuke already knew. The blond could feel his heart beating faster with every word coming out of Tsunade’s mouth.

“The third option is very risky, and it may not even work. But be warned, if it does, then any children you have may hurt you in the long run.”

“Just get to the point, Tsunade-baa-chan!” The blond yelled, agitated.

“You could use your sexy no jutsu.” Tsunade told him bluntly, watching with some amusement as the blond’s eyes widened to twice their size. He probably didn’t think that was even possible, but Tsunade had done some research without him knowing. “I have these pills that can keep your sexy no jutsu in a released state until the baby is born. That way, the baby will have Sasuke’s genes and yours as well, but from your jutsu.”

“How will it hurt me?” Naruto asked, excited at the prospect of having their own children that actually shared both of their traits. He felt Sasuke shift underneath him. “It’d be great to have a child that way. Sure, Sasuke’s genes are dominant over mine, but the baby will still be part of me. So how will this hurt me, Tsunade-baa-chan?”

“Well, for one, the pills I’m going to give you might make you sterile. That’s one way the pregnancy could fail. Second, there’s a chance Sasuke will have no reaction to your female body. And thirdly, do you really think you two will make it through nine months with no sex?” Tsunade said the last part with a little quirk of her lips, watching the blond’s cheeks turn red.

“Nine months?” Sasuke grumbled, not sounding at all pleased with the idea. But it was up to Naruto, and Sasuke trusted the blond with his life.

Naruto bit his lip, going through all of their options in his head. Since he was the only one that knew how to do the Sexy no Jutsu, he would be the obvious candidate for pregnancy. And Tsunade was right in assuming that Sasuke wouldn’t react to his female body.

“Can we talk it over and get back to you?” Naruto asked quietly, as he pushed himself out of Sasuke’s lap. He took the other man’s hand as he stood, then pulled him towards the door to Tsunade’s office. “Can we come and see you tomorrow? We might need the whole night.”

“That’s fine.” Tsunade nodded, leaning back in her chair. As soon as the two left, Sakura finally spoke up, her voice extremely low.

“If Naruto chooses the third option, will the Kyuubi affect the baby at all?” The pink haired girl asked, concerned for future niece or nephew’s health. She watched as Tsunade nodded, and Sakura felt her stomach sink into her knees.

“Since Kyuubi’s seal is on Naruto’s stomach, I feel the baby would be in danger. The reasons I gave him before are simply made up.” Tsunade let out a low breath, hoping the Uchiha brat knew what he was doing.

****

When they finally reached their house, Naruto dropped onto one of the couches in their large living room, and thought about their options again. He still couldn’t believe that Sasuke had said something to Tsunade. It was really exciting to know the other man was thinking about kids now. Naruto knew it was because of their fight five months ago, which seemed really silly when he remembered it now.

Back to the options, Naruto sighed, watching as Sasuke took a seat next to him, putting an arm around his shoulders. The blond sunk into his embrace, his head against Sasuke’s chest.

“What do you think we should do?” Naruto asked him, reaching out for his other hand, and lacing their fingers together on Sasuke’s lap. “The third option is risky, but I like the sound of it. The baby will have both of our traits, and it’ll look like us. I mean, more like you than me.”

“I don’t want to do it if it puts your life in danger.” Sasuke said quietly, and for a moment acted like he hadn’t said it out loud. He shifted against the blond man, turning so they were face to face. “I’m letting you choose, but I think a surrogate would be the safest way.”

Naruto nodded his head, knowing what Sasuke was trying to get at. Kyuubi’s seal was on his stomach, and since he needed to use chakra to stay in his Sexy no Jutsu, it would more that likely hurt the baby in the long run.

“Okay. We’ll trust Sakura to be our surrogate. Guess it doesn’t really matter as long as we have a baby.” Naruto grinned up at him, the grin not quite reaching his eyes. Sasuke leaned forward to kiss him, lingering for a couple of minutes before an idea struck him. Pulling away, he gave his blond husband a small smile before he stood up.

“Oi, you want to go test Tsunade’s theory?” The Uchiha grinned, holding his hand out, one thing on his mind. When Naruto laughed and took his hand, Sasuke felt his stomach tingle pleasantly.

He was going to copy Naruto’s Sexy no Jutsu.



~Owari~