Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Kick ( Chapter 47 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Forty-seven

Title: Kick

Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

Summary: In the middle of the night, Shikamaru feels a kick. [ShikaTem]




Shikamaru was startled awake by a hand shaking his shoulder, and Temari’s hushed voice in his ear. The pony tailed man sighed and rolled over to see what she wanted. He flinched in pain when she turned on the lamp.

“Shikamaru! Give me your hand!” The blonde girl said hurriedly, seizing his hand and placing it over her swollen belly. A few minutes ticked by with nothing happening, until Shikamaru felt a small kick against his hand. “Did you feel that? The baby’s kicking!”

Shikamaru rubbed her belly, feeling his lips curve up on a smirk, “That means he’s almost ready to come out.” The pony tailed man felt another kick, and held back the wealth of emotions surging through him. “Did he wake you?” Shikamaru slipped an arm over her waist and pulled her closer.

“Hokage-sama warned me about this, too.” Temari snuggled against Shikamaru’s chest, and twisted her fingers in the hair at the nape of his neck. The baby kicked again, causing Temari to smile widely as she put a hand to her belly, as if she could calm him that way. “I can’t wait to see him.”

Shikamaru made a low noise in his throat, content for now to go back to sleep. He could still feel the baby kicking whenever Temari shifted against him. There were three weeks left until the baby was due. Shikamaru couldn’t wait to see his son.



~Owari~