Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Caged ( Chapter 53 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Fifty-three

Title: Caged

Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

Summary: He can’t hide the jagged pieces of his heart from Sakura. [Slight NaruSaku]

A/N: I guess this takes place during Shippuden, right after they run into Sasuke at Orochimaru’s hideout. The bastard blows up his room and yeah…

::May contain spoilers::




Those dark eyes pierced right through his soul when he met them, and had to hold back a sharp gasp as he felt like his heart was getting ripped into a million, jagged pieces. He saw Sasuke’s haughty smirk, before Orochimaru and Kabuto appeared, and took his best friend away again. Emotions like he’d never felt surged through him, and he clutched at his jacket, right above his heart, as the tears started to cascade down his cheeks. He was sobbing and he couldn’t make it stop, no matter what he screamed on the inside of his head.

Two, pale arms wrapped themselves around his shoulder’s, and Naruto sunk into Sakura’s embrace. She smelled like sunflowers and she was so warm.

“We have to go, Naruto. We can’t stay.” The pink haired girl said quietly, in his ear, her voice filled with unrepressed emotions. He could feel her arms trembling just the slightest as he raised a hand to wipe away his tears. Naruto let his teammate help him up, putting an arm around his waist. Team 7-minus Kakashi-walked away from the sight with the two friends trailing slightly behind them.

“I couldn’t get him to come with us.” Naruto moaned, sniffling softly as Sakura led them beneath a large tree. He felt the pink haired girl squeeze his waist in a soothing manner, and for a moment he felt stupid for enjoying the act. Sakura was just trying to comfort him.

“We’ll get him soon. He’s just being difficult now.” The pink haired girl gave his waist another gentle squeeze before pulling away, wiping the bit of moisture away from her eyes. Naruto was still sniffling next to her, even though the tears had stopped.

“Thanks, Sakura-chan.” The blond mumbled, giving her a sad smile. The pink haired girl smiled at him, glad that she could help her teammate in any way she could. They made their way back to Konoha, their hope just growing stronger with every step.



~Owari~