Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Better Than Me ( Chapter 56 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Fifty-six

Title: Better Than Me

Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

Summary: Sasuke thinks sakura deserves someone better than him. [SasuSaku]

A/N: Song doesn’t belong to me. It belongs to Hinder, and it’s called “Better Than Me”, just like the title. ^_^


“And I think you should know this
You deserve much better than me”

“Better Than Me” – Hinder



One look at the clock told him it was too late to still be awake. Sakura was lying next to him, her chest rising and falling with soft breaths, her pink hair fanned out around her head and sticking to parts of her cheeks. He watched her sleep for a few moments, his light, his dream, and first and foremost his reason for living. She deserved someone so much better than him.

He’d been a bastard to her most of their young lives, and even now he was cold and unfeeling. But he loved her, and to her that far outweighed everything else. Sakura had told him that constantly,

But still, watching her lay there, he felt like he wasn’t good enough. His pride wouldn’t let him admit it, but he knew it was true. Sakura had been so patient with him, had loved him even when he wasn’t there. He felt blessed just to have someone like her in his life, loving him despite everything.

Sasuke made himself more comfortable in bed, facing the beautiful, pink haired girl. One hand rested next to her head on the pillow, the other resting across her stomach. On her left ring finger was her engagement ring, glittering in the faint light from outside. The dark haired teen smiled softly-the smiles he only let a few, choice people see-and reached out to put his hand over hers.

“Sas…uke.” Sakura murmured in her sleep, rolling closer to him, pressing her face into his shoulder. The Uchiha held her close, his fingers playing with the hair at the nape of her neck. He didn’t deserve someone like Sakura, but despite all that, she stayed with him anyway. He couldn’t have asked for more.



~Owari~