Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Sora ( Chapter 60 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Sixty

Title: Sora

Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

Summary: Sasuke made him a promise before he left. Trust the bastard to go and break it. [SasuNaruSasu]

A/N: This is the last chapter folks. ^_^ Please don’t spear me for the things in this last chapter. It’s sad. /cries/ So, this title is an actual song. It’s from the Escaflowne movie, and the song is also called ‘Sora’. When I heard the song, I knew I wanted to use it to fuel the sadness. Review!!!!




He didn’t want Sasuke to go, but the knew the dark haired boy had to. He could beg, he could cry, hell, he could do anything he damn well pleased. But Sasuke was still going. It was an S-class mission, and so it was dangerous, and there was a good chance the Uchiha may not come back. It terrified him to no end, and no matter how many tomes Sasuke promised he would come back, Naruto really prayed he would.

The morning of the mission, the blond watched his lover pack with furrowed eyebrows, on edge about what was to come. Sasuke kept looking up at him, exasperated that Naruto was so paranoid. They both understood the risks; that they could die at any given time. Sasuke had tried to comfort his lover’s worry, to tell him that he would be back because there was no way he was going to leave his dobe behind.

“I know, bastard.” Naruto muttered softly, sitting on the edge of the bed, Sasuke standing just next to him. The dark haired boy took a deep breath and kneeled in front of the blond, his dark eyes softening as they met blue. Naruto felt the corners of his mouth quirk.

“I love you.” Sasuke told him, gripping the other boy’s chin between his index finger and thumb. He planted a soft kiss on the blond’s lips, then his cheek, and then the tip of his nose. Naruto giggled despite himself and pulled the Uchiha closer for another longer kiss.

“I love you, too bastard. And if you don’t come back, I’ll hunt you down and bring you back to life. Then I’ll kill us both in a weird murder slash suicide.”

“Mmm. I’ll come back; don’t worry.” Sasuke kissed him again, then grabbed his pack from the bed and left the room. Naruto flopped back against the bed, his blue eyes staring listlessly up at the ceiling. He had a bad feeling about this mission, and prayed to God that Sasuke stay safe.

****

A few weeks had passed, and Sasuke’s team had returned…without him. The blond demanded answers, yelling at the other members for leaving his lover behind. He had screamed, and cried, and threw stuff until Tsunade had had enough and put him to sleep. He woke up a few hours later, strapped to a bed in the hospital. Every part of him ached with sadness, desperately wanting to cry until his chest unclenched.

He wasn’t allowed to be alone at all over the next three months. Sakura stayed with him mostly, trying to get her blond teammate to do something besides mope. The light had died in his eyes, and he wasn’t the hyperactive blond she once knew. He was more like Sasuke had been when he was twelve.

On the rare chance that he was alone, Naruto would bite into his own skin, urging it to tear and bleed. The Kyuubi would only heal the wound seconds later, and Naruto felt frustration in the fact that he couldn’t join Sasuke wherever the other boy had gone. The Kyuubi couldn’t let his host die, after all. But it didn’t matter. Naruto died a little more each day that Sasuke wasn’t there.

That’s when it happened. During a horrible night nearly six months later, the door to his apartment swung open, and a very familiar figure stood in the doorway. Naruto had been awake still, sitting on his couch and trying again to take his own life. The Kyuubi had healed his wounds again-as he always did-and Naruto had just given up. But his heart nearly jumped into his throat at the sight of Sasuke standing there, drenched in rain. Naruto was up in a second, throwing himself at the dark haired boy and crying into his shoulder.

“I told you…I’d come back…dobe.”



~Owari~


A/N: Ah ha ha! And that’s the end. Whew! I’m tired. >_> Not that it’s all come to an end, I feel so empty inside. /cries/ Ah, oh well. But keep a look out for anything new from me! Ja ne!