Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Precious ❯ Precious Moments ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Notes: This is a companion ficlet to two of my other Naruto one shots, as it takes place after Precious Hello, but prior to Precious Farewell. Enjoy.

Precious Moments

By Silver Dragonfly

Iruka looked up at the soft knock just outside the classroom door. "Come in." He called out, curious as to who would be visiting him so late after normal school hours; though the brief break from grading would be welcomed. His smile broadened as he saw who it was. "Naruto-This is a pleasant surprise."

The young man grinned and for a moment Iruka was reminded of when he first took Naruto in as a student. Back then Naruto had been the number one hyperactive loudmouth of Konoha and now-now he was married to the heir of the Hyuuga clan; was a loving father, a Special Elite Jounin, and the Godaime's choice as her successor.

"Ah, well, you know me…"

Iruka chuckled. "And seeing as I know you, just what brings you to the Academy when I know you usually spend this time with your family?"

Naruto remained silent as he helped himself to a seat on the corner of Iruka's desk, then looked at Iruka from the corner of his eye. "Hinata and I have decided to enroll the twins starting the next session."

Iruka's eyes opened wide. "What! So soon?!"

Naruto smiled. "Yeah, they're ready for it-even though I hate to admit it. Besides, now that Godaime has made it official she wants me to start more formal training-whatever that's supposed to mean. And Hinata's expecting again-so we thought it best." Naruto turned to face Iruka with a smirk.

"You-She-Naruto-Congratulations!"

Naruto smirked. "Thanks. But considering how much busier it's going to make us, we decided it would be the best thing for them. Also, Shikamaru and Ino are planning on enrolling their kids as well-gives them all a chance to learn from someone different and make new friends. Oh, and I thought I should foreworn you."

"Foreworn me?"

Naruto gave him a fox-like grin and scratched the back of his head. "Yeah-it seems like both Hana and Akarui have managed to activate their Byakuugan and learn the Kage no Bunshin."

Iruka stood up in shock. "They've What?!"

"Yeah I was pretty shocked when instead of two I had ten tackle me all with the Byakuugan activated. Seems they had been watching Neji and I spar.

"Ten! That makes five clones each!"

Naruto nodded with a grin. "Although they pretty much dropped afterwards."

Iruka laughed. "I wish I had been there to see that."

"Yeah well most of the group was, much to their amusement."

"Well its not every day that we see your signature technique turned back on you after all."

Naruto only chuckled. "Not that it helped them when I summoned one of the toads."

"You didn't!"

"I did. The old toad took out four of the clones just appearing-then it decided to help the kids."

Iruka laughed outright at this.

Naruto shook his head. "Luckily for me, Hinata decided to save her poor husband before the rest of the kids and even some of the adults decided to join against me as well. Kakashi would have done it too."

Iruka shook his head as his laughter slowly died down. "It's going to be an eventful session then with those kids joining the ranks."

"You better believe it. Almost as eventful as when I was in the academy, eh?"

Iruka shook his head. "I don't know if anything can compare to those days."

Naruto laughed. "I suppose you're right. Well, I better get going or Hinata and the twins may hunt me down. Oh yeah! Hinata asked me to invite you over for dinner. You free?"

"Sure, in another hour then? I still need to finish up these papers."

"Sounds great. And don't be late Iruka or I'll send the twins out after you. Remember the last time we let them after someone who was late?"

"Kakashi was never late to dinner with you guys again was he?" Iruka asked.

"Nope. I'll see you at the house then. Later Iruka!"

Iruka waved and chuckled to himself as the blond vanished out the door. So the Uzumaki twins were joining the academy. He had a feeling life around Konoha was going to be a bit more dynamic again for the next few years.