Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Precious ❯ Precious Hello ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Precious Hello

By Silver Dragonfly

Hatake Kakashi strolled through the door and into the waiting room at Konoha's hospital only to stop as his eyes took in the large assortment of people already waiting. "Am I late then…"

Raven hair fell over raven eyes despite the forehead protector attempting to hold them back as his former student turned to look at him and smirked. "I'm impressed Kakashi… you're not late for once when it isn't a matter of life or death." Sasuke replied.

Sakura giggled from her seat opposite of Sasuke.

"But it is a matter of life." Kurenai added from where she stood leaning against the windowsill.

Jiraiya snorted. "Or Naruto's death."

The females in the room all giggled while the males squirmed.

Kakashi blinked.

"Ah... Hinata-chan was being oh how do we say it…" Iruka somewhat nervously tried to explain.

"Incredibly loud and explicit on just what she planned to do to Naruto?" Tenten offered from where she sat next to husband, Neji.

"Things involving very sharp weapons and her expert knowledge of Naruto's anatomy." Ino added as Shikamaru cringed from his position to her side leaning against the wall.

Kakashi's visible eye widened.

"She's certainly come a long way since the Academy, She could hardly even look at Naruto she was so shy." Sakura added, as their minds all drifted back. Although that had all started to change after the Chuunin exam. They had all really changed then.

There was a loud scream, muffled curses, and then a loud yelp.

"I wonder if she drew blood…" Ino trailed off.

Shikamaru glanced at his wife, then sighed and resumed his position against the wall. "How troublesome."

"Ino are you always so bloodthirsty?" Hanabi asked from where she sat near her cousin and Tenten.

"Of course not!" Ino exclaimed then glanced at Shikamaru from the corner of her eye as he snorted. Ino shrugged as the others all chuckled.

Another yell echoed down the hall as the occupants in the waiting room glanced towards the empty corridor.

Konohomaru hurried back into the waiting room, his arms full of drinks and vending goodies. "Did I miss anything?" He asked as he passed out the items.

"Nothing much. Though Ino thinks Hinata drew blood." Sakura answered as she accepted her own drink from the younger shinobi.

Konohomaru shuddered.

Suddenly there was the sound of baby cries. As one everyone's heads turned towards the hallway, and then smiled. The tension that had been building in the room washed away, as everyone visibly relaxed.

Sasuke chuckled. "Who'd have thought."

"Thought what?" Konohomaru asked.

"That Naruto and Hinata would be the first to start a family out of all of us," Shikamaru stated.

There were several agreeing nods from around the room.

"So any last calls on the bet?"

"Bet? What bet?" Iruka demanded.

"The bet on whether it would be a boy or girl." Kakashi informed him.

"So far its been pretty fifty-fifty ne?" Tenten asked.

"With one long-shot." Jiraiya added.

"Ah yes, the possibility of twins." Neji stated with a slight smirk.

Sasuke eyed the Hyuga, "You know something don't you…"

"He always knows something, and even if he didn't he'd have you believing he did." Sakura added before Neji himself could respond. Over the years, the Leaf Genin who had been in that first Chuunin exam when the Sand and Sound attacked had built strong friendships as well as partnerships. The result begin that the various members of the teams often ended up working together. That Neji and Naruto were now related by marriage, only added to that.

Before the debate on whether the elder of the Hyuga present was actually hiding something from the rest of the group could escalate any further, Tsunade appeared in the doorway with a huge foolish grin. "They're all okay! No complications."

Everyone waited for her to say more.

"Well!?!" Ino finally demanded.

""Nu-uh. I'll let Naruto tell you. He'll be out in a few minutes, as one of the nurses is currently wrapping his hand."

"I knew it! She drew blood!" Ino cheered.

The others either groaned or snickered.

Tsunade shook her head, "No. No blood. Though she did manage to crush several of his fingers. He'll be fine by morning though."

As if summoned by there words Naruto wandered into the room, one of his hands wrapped in gauze, and an incredibly stupid grin on his face.

Everyone waited… Naruto just grinned.

"So Tell us already!!! Naruto no Baka!" Sakura demanded.

Naruto flinched, but then smirked as the glazed look slowly left his face. "A girl…" several exclamations interrupted him, "and a boy. Twins."

The room was silent for a moment and then cheering and all sorts of exclamations filled the room. Naruto soon found himself being slapped on the back, punched in the shoulder and the receiver of various other 'Congratulations.'

**********

Naruto slipped through the door and over to the hospital bed as quietly as he could, not wanting to wake the woman laying on the bed if she was sleeping.

"Naruto-kun?" Her soft voice asked as eyelids slowly opened to reveal her pale eyes.

"Hey Hinata-chan. How you feeling? I tried to come back sooner, but the others wouldn't let me go. I swear I'm going to be black and blue…" a soft laughter interrupted his rant.

Hinata couldn't help but smile and laugh when she was with him. He could always make her smile. Naruto reached up to hold her hand with his, the winced and changed hands. Hinata's expression saddened, "Naruto-kun…Did I?"

Naruto only chuckled and leaned in to give her kiss on the cheek. "Don't worry about it, it'll be fine by morning. They're beautiful Hinata-chan."

Hinata smiled, "They are. Tsunade said they would bring them in again a little before you came back.

As if speaking her name summoned the Godaime, she entered with one arm securely holding a blanket. The older woman only smiled at the couple as she placed the baby boy in his mother's care. Then backed away as Sakura brought in their daughter and put her in her father's arms.

Sakura gave them a wink. "We'll be back later to make sure you both eat dinner," She told them before slipping out the door to join the ruckus out in the hallway that obviously going to progress into a full blown impromptu party.

However both parents were to caught up in the tiny bundles they each held. "So, what are we going to name them?" Naruto asked softly as he watched his tiny daughter yawn and blink pupil-less pale blue eyes at him. He gently stroked the stands of pale blond hair that crowned her head and then ran a finger gently down her cheek.

Hinata watched him for a moment, "Hana… and Akarui." She told him, looking down at the similarly blond haired boy in her arms.

Naruto lifted the newly name Hana up so that she lay in the crook of Hinata's unoccupied arm. He leaned on the bed so he could watch the expressions of all three members of his family. "Uzumaki Akarui and Uzumaki Hana. Welcome to Konoha and our family."

**********

Jiraiya eyed the expressionless young man for a moment before giving into a heart felt sigh and placing a stack of coins in his hand, and then grumbled loudly as he did the same for the waiting Tsunade. "I still say you two cheated."

"We did nothing of the sort. You're just a sore looser." Tsunade countered and just proceeded to grin as the others proceeded to pay up as well.

Other Notes:

hana - means flower in Japanese

akarui - means bright or cheerful

hinata - means sunny or bright place