Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pretend? ❯ The Plan ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto.
Pretend
Chapter One
Sasuke sat in his living room, in the dark. The black curtains of the windows were shut tight, letting absolutely no light in. It was the middle of the afternoon and he should be training but no, here he was, with his arms folded, glaring into the darkness. All because of them.
((Flashback))
Sasuke stood in a clearing of the forest; it was a little after noon and the sun beat down on him, making him sweat before he even began his afternoon training session. Since it was hot and he was alone, he took of f his shirt, before he began.
He did his little ninja hand signal thing and said the “Art of the something or other”
And Poof!
There were now four Sasuke squaring off.
Sasuke’s, eyes flicked to each doppelganger watching for any movements. Two of the doppelgangers sprang for Sasuke, moving faster than the eye could follow. Sasuke stayed where he was, ready to spring into action at any moment, his eyes, darting every which way, searching for any sign of the two doppelgangers, while still keeping an eye on the third one. A very difficult thing to do. One of the doppelgangers sprang into view and punched Sasuke in the stomach, only to have his fist go right through Sasuke as he faded away. The doppelganger looked momentarily confused and turned around just in time for the real Sasuke to punch him in the face. ((A/N: Can he do that? I’m not sure, but I put in anyway cuz…well, just cuz. So, sorry if it’s wrong.)) The doppelganger went sprawling across the ground but jumped up, recovering quickly. The second doppelganger, took this opportunity to take a shot at Sasuke. Sasuke smirked, preparing to dodge its attack only to find that he was being held from behind by the third doppelganger. Sasuke took a punch from the second doppelganger and soon the first one joined in. Sasuke took a few punched from the two doppelgangers, then almost managed to knock one out of the fight, but then he heard…
Tee, hee, hee
Sasuke missed a beat and was sent flying by a punch in the face. He skidded across the ground and landed near the base of a tree. He then heard a collection of small gasps coming from behind a nearby bush.
“What the bleep!” Sasuke exclaimed, jumping up. He waved his hand and…
Poof! Poof! Poof!
All three doppelgangers disappeared in three poofs of smoke. ((A/N: Once again, is that how it’s done?))
Sasuke moved slowly towards the bush and pulled aside the branches to peer behind it. Crouched behind it were three young women, ranging from about the ages of 13-15, looking up at him with sheepish looks on their faces. He glared down at them, and then tossed his head to the side, indicating that he wanted them to get out in the open.
All three complied, hesitantly stepping out from the safety of the bushes. They lined up in from of him, looking down at the ground, none brave enough to face his glare head-on.
“What the bleep are you doing here? Sasuke said, coldly, still glaring at the three girls.
Well, u h, we um,” one of the girls, seeming the oldest of the three, began, then looked up into Sasuke’s eyes, which told her to shut up or else, and stopped, looking back down at the ground, with her hands behind her back.
Sasuke stalked off, grabbing his shirt as he left, leaving the three girls behind.
((End Flashback))
Sasuke’s glare intensified. “That’s it!” Sasuke exclaimed, pounding his fist onto the couch cushion. “I’ve got to figure out a way to get rid by it, well, at least he wasn’t. And when he found them peeping into his windows, while that was disturbing enough to turn around and find someone looking at you through your own window, it was simple to remedy. He bought thick, heavy, black curtains. Simple, yet effective. Even now, they were probably watching his house wondering when he’d come out. But they had crossed a line today. When the time came that he couldn’t train with them around, he knew he had to get rid of them. The only problem was that he didn’t know how to get rid of them for good. Glaring didn’t seem to work. He frowned as he thought, furrowing his brow.
((We’ll leave him alone as he thinks.))
Meanwhile, across town, we find our favorite ramen-eating, idiot, Naruto, sitting at the Ichiraku noodle stand.
“Ramen for me, yeah! Ramen for you, no! Ramen for me, yeah! No ramen for you!” He sang in his mind over and over again, slightly moving to the beat in his mind and humming the tune under his breath as he happily slurped up his ramen.
((Now back to Sasuke))
Sasuke stood up and went to his kitchen, turning on the light as he went in. He went to his refrigerator and pulled out a bottle of water. He slowly opened it and took a sip as he stared off into space, still thinking. He sat down at his kitchen table and leaned on his elbow, his chin resting in the palm of his hand. He suddenly snapped his fingers, sitting up straight, as he got an idea. He smiled to himself as he gulped down about half of his water and put it back into the fridge.
“Now, all I have to do is get the details down. I can’t screw this up.” he said to himself as he walked to his bedroom, pulling off his t-shirt.
As he lay in bed, he thought about the details of him plan, going over everything two or three times, until he felt that it was fool-proof, and it had to be, because there was a fool involved. When he felt that everything was ready, he softly drifted off to sleep.
((The next day))
The sun shone in through Naruto’s window, beating down on his face. He scrunched up his face, trying to block out the bright light, but failed. He groaned as he rolled over, pulling his pillow then blanket over his head. Suddenly, his blanket was gone. He groaned again and rolled into a ball, holding his pillow tight over his head.
Thinking it was Iruka, come to wake him up, “It’s Sunday morning, Iruka, go away and let me sleep,” he said, his voice muffled by the pillow.
“It’s Sunday afternoon, you idiot, now get your lazy ass up. I need to talk with you.”
Though the voice was muffled by the pillow around his head, he didn’t think that it was Iruka. He rolled over onto his back, blinking the sleep from his eyes, and saw Sasuke standing over his bed. His eyes snapped open and he let out a small yell. “Your not Iruka!” he exclaimed, sitting up in his bed, and pointing an accusing finger at Sasuke.
Sasuke rolled his eyes and ignored Naruto’s idiotic comment. He grabbed Naruto’s wrist and pulled him up, then dragged him out of his room.
“Hey! What the bleep do you think your doing!” Naruto exclaimed, trying to pull away from Sasuke, but couldn’t. And so, he was dragged into his living room.
Sasuke pushed Naruto down onto the sofa and stood with his arms crossed in front of him.
Naruto glared at Sasuke, “What the hell are you doing here?” Naruto asked, “And more importantly, how’d you get in here?”
“You’re door was unlocked" Sasuke said, simply.
“Oh,” Naruto said, scratching his cheek, “Guess I forgot to lock it last night &well, what do you want? “
Sasuke took a deep breath and let his arms fall to his sides. He looked at Naruto then looked away. “Ineedyourhelp,” he said, softly and quickly.
Naruto raised an eyebrow, “Wha?”
Sasuke took another deep breath, “I need your help,” he said, still softly, but loud enough to hear.
Both of Naruto’s eyebrows shot up, “What?” he asked, surprised to hear those words coming out of Sasuke‘s mouth.
Sasuke clenched his teeth, “I. Need. Your. Help.” he said, slowly, tightening his hands into fists by his sides.
Naruto leaned forward, cupping his right ear, grinning, “Now, one more time.”
“Naruto” Sasuke said in warning, his eyes narrowing dangerously.
Naruto grinned, “Just kidding. So, what can I do for the ‘Great Uchiha Sasuke’?” he asked, leaning back and putting his hands behing his head.
Sasuke sighed. This was the part he was dreading. “I need you to pretend to be my boyfriend,” he said.
“I knew it! I knew you were gay!” Naruto yelled, jumping up and pointing a finger at Sasuke.
Sasuke gave Naruto a dirty look. “Are you through? Because I wasn’t.”
“Oh, sorry. Please, continue,” Naruto said, waving a hand, and sitting back down.
Sasuke took another deep breath, “As I was saying, I need you to pretend to be my boyfriend, so that I can get rid of those idiotic girls that keep following me around,” he said, glaring at Naruto.
Naruto shook his, “Sorry, pal, but I don’t swing that way,” he said, laughing slightly.
“I said ‘pretend’!” Sasuke said, his glare intensifying.
Naruto snickered, “Ok, ok, don’t blow a blood vessel,” he said, “But how’s pretending to be your boyfriend gonna help you?”
“Don’t worry about that. Are you going to help me or not?” Sasuke said, folding his arms and looking down at Naruto.
“Sure, why not? But what’s in it for me?” Naruto asked, also folding his arms and looking up at Sasuke.
Sasuke knew that Naruto would ask that, so he already had an answer ready. “I’ll pay for every meal that we eat together.”
Naruto cocked his head to the side, thinking “Hmm, ok,” he agreed, nodding his head, “But can I be bi?”
Sasuke rolled his eyes, “Whatever.”
“Cool, then let’s go get some grub. I’m starving.” Naruto said, rubbing his hands together then standing up. He started towards the door.
As tempting as it was to keep his mouth shut, Sasuke had to say something. “Uh, Naruto,” Sasuke began, “You might want to change.”
Naruto turned back, “Huh?” he asked, confused, then looked down at himself. He was wearing only pair of boxers with little yellow ducks printed all over them. “Oh, right,” he said, laughing sheepishly, “Hold on a sec.” He then ran off to his room to change.
Sasuke shook his head, and waited by the door.
Five minutes later Naruto came out, running his hands through his hair. He was wearing his usual orange outfit. “Sorry, couldn’t find any clean clothes for a minute” Naruto said, laughing.
“Maybe we should go over some of the details before we go out,” Sasuke thought, having second thoughts about Naruto.
Naruto looked up, “Huh? Well, alright,” he said, “What’s the plan?”
Sasuke walked back to Naruto’s sofa and sat down, “Sit, this is going to take a while,” he said.
Naruto nodded and plopped himself down beside Sasuke.
"Ok, we’ve got to do this subtly or else it’s not going to work, you got that? So its going to take a while to pull this off. I'll just tell you the first part for now, to save time, and when we get to the next part I'll tell you then, ok?"
Naruto nodded.
"Alright, the first thing we've got to do is just be seen together, which we're about to do. We need to seem closer than usual, make people think, alright?" Sasuke explained.
Naruto nodded again, "that's all we have to do for now?"
Sasuke nodded, "Yes, we'll do that for a few days then we'll go on to the next part."
"Alright then, let's go," Naruto said, getting up.
Sasuke got up as well, following Naruto towards the door, "Oh, and Naruto, whatever happens, follow my lead, ok?"
Naruto nodded once again, "Yeah, yeah, I got it."
((to be continued))
A/N: Tell me whatcha think. Of course, I’m still going to keep writing this story regardless if anybody liked it or not. My buddy is really keyed up on it. She’ll be my slave driver till it’s finished. sigh well, review please.