Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Purity of Snow: Trials of Love ❯ Realization...and Flowers ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

* * *
 
 
Naruto and Sakura continued their kiss until Sakura finally let go. “Naruto….no…..I'm sorry…..I can't.” She brought her arms back to her chest and she moved Naruto away from her, “I'm sorry, I shouldn't have…..I shouldn't have done that.”
 
Naruto's quiet expression lingered…he had feared for so long that once he expressed his true feelings for Sakura that she would push him away. Though, he understood her reasons perfectly. “Sakura…” he looked up to meet Sakura's eyes again, “…Sasuke will come back one day, and then you can smile again.” Naruto pushed a convincing grin onto his face to sheer his teammate up.
 
Sakura gave Naruto a weak and loving smile, “Naruto…thank you…” She reached out and held Naruto's face as she kissed him on the cheek. “I'll go now…bye…” Sakura straightened herself as she walked past the boy who had crushed on her for so long, and went back to the village.
 
Naruto couldn't move, he reviewed what had just happened, and how he finally had to accept that Sakura's heart belonged to someone she held very dear to her heart. Naruto smiled, proud that he finally knew the truth, and he walked forward to the other side of the bridge. He looked up and noticed a snowflake fall and land between his eyes. The snow was pleasant, the cold wind blew against him; winter had come to Konoha.
 
Naruto walked along the rocky path away from the bridge and towards Ichiraku's. Ramen would definitely lift his spirits a little bit. The snow began to rain down lightly, rooftops and gravel developing a thin sheet of snow. Along his way, Naruto noticed a discarded bouquet of flowers helplessly being assaulted by the snow that threatened to cover their existence. Naruto stepped overhead and shook the snow off the damaged flowers as he picked them up. “Who would throw you guys away so cruelly?” Naruto searched for a card or a note among the flowers. Then deep inside the folds of the bouquet, a small card made its appearance known. Naruto gently tugged the card out and read the message: TO: Naruto ; FROM: Hinata” Naruto's eyes almost pooped out of his head! “For m-m-me!” His voice stuttered, “F-f-f-from Hinata?!”