Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Purity of Snow: Trials of Love ❯ Memories in Tears ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

* * *
 
 
The young woman known as Hinata, ran down the street of the Business District of Konoha. She kept her hood closed and tight to her face in order to hide herself from the world. She ran along a wall until she turned into a quiet alley where she stood against the wall and shivered in the cold.
 
Her pace of breathing was fast now, but in time it would recede. She lowered her hood to reveal a soft red panting face. She looked around the corner and into the alley to make sure noone was around.
 
Upon the confirmation of her solitude, Hinata slipped to the ground resting on her ankles and put her hands up to her face to muffle a silent cry. Her face contracted as streams of tears came from her eyes, she lifted her knees up to her chest and held them close with her arms; she buried her head into her lap as she let out small moans and cries.
“Naruto-hic-kun…”
 
She had held on for so long, her feelings for Naruto. She had loved him ever since their childhood. Their time as genin, the Chunnin exams, his battle against Neji (her cousin), their times as teammates…these memories flowed into Hinata's mind, which only increased her streams of tears.
 
Yet through it all, could she still not match up to Sakura? Had she lost the love of her life because she was too late? “Natu-hic-to kun…-hic- I can't let you go…-hic- at least not without letting you know how I feel -hic-……” Hinata thought for a while, her crying subsiding slowly. “That's -hic- it… I'll tell Naruto how I feel…-hic- and then…and then…-hic-…”