Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Purity of Snow: Trials of Love ❯ Ichiraku's Noodle Shop ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

To Hobbesthebrainslug: Thank you very much for you review! I hope you come back to see the rest as I finish up. Thank you come again.
 
* * *
 
 
Naruto stumbled across the piling snow and into his favorite ramen restaurant. Upon lifting the small drape that stood for the entrance he called out to the owner, “Hey old man! A quick order of your hottest ramen!” Naruto took a seat on his favorite bar stool, without even looking the chef had already begun preparing Naruto's dish. Naruto's mouth watered as he waited for his ramen bowl.
 
The chef slid the ceramic bowl across the counter and it conveniently skidded to a stop in front of the eager young man. He took a set of chopsticks, split them apart, leaned over his bowl and……….suddenly sat still.
 
“What the? I…oh!” Naruto let out a depressed sigh as he put the chopsticks down and leaned back, “Not even ramen can help me this time! I'm so confused!” Naruto moved the ramen bowl aside and placed his elbows on the counter, leaning his head into his hands. What's going on? I can't et her out of my head!” Naruto kept thinking about the bouquet he had found in the snow, and the card addressed t him from none other than Hinata of the Hyuuga clan!
 
Why? Why would she get me flowers? Does she…like me? Duh, she usually brings me flowers when I'm in the hospital, but I feel fine. She had the flowers…for me…but there was no real reason. Could she have gotten them just because…-gulp-…she wanted t? But that could mean that she…!!!
 
Naruto snapped out of his thoughts, “I've gotta asked her!” Naruto quickly dug under his headband for a Ramen coupon. “Here you go! Thanks! Gotta run!” The coupon floated lazily to the counter, as Naruto turned to leave Ichiraku's. He blindly ran towards the drapes, which led out into the snowy region of the Leaf Village.
 
Now here's how the thing works, the drape usually goes down far enough to cover the face of a person if they were just the right height and the person would actually have to look down to see if there was someone on the other side.
 
WAM!! As Naruto's head went into the small drape, he hit something incredibly hard, as if there was a wall on the other side and he rammed his head right into it. Naruto flew back onto the counter and lay there for a minute muttering under his breath. “Damn, what the hell did I just hit? He slowly jumped from the counter and looked around to regain his blurred vision.
 
“Man, I could've gotten a concussion or something. Hey! Who hit me?!” Naruto rubbed his forehead annoyingly, “At least my metal headband took most of the hit. Hey, where are you?!” He walked forward and under the drape. Looking around the perimeter, he aimlessly searched for the thing or person who rammed into his head. “HEY! You heard me! Who hit m-?” At that moment Naruto's foot hit something as he walked along. Looking down curiously he wanted to confirm what he walked into.
“GAAH! AH! AH! Ah!!” Naruto's face went into that of shock and extreme fear. Laid across the ground in the snow was the frail body of Hyuuga Hinata, her face paralyzed in a surprised and dazed expression. “Hi-Hi-Hi-Hi-na-na-na-ta-ta???!! Oh man! What do I? What do I do? The one girl in Konoha who could possibly like me and I knock her out!! Okay this is bad! Really bad!”
 
At once Naruto knelt down and placed his arm behind Hinata's head, having her neck rest in the dip of his elbow. He then placed his arm under her knees and got up easily equalizing her weight distributions between each arm. “Hang on, Hinata. I'm gonna take you somewhere … inconspicuous until you wake up.” Naruto held her close, while slightly feeling a blush in his face, and he turned down the road to head for his home.
 
Its warm……-lub dub- -lub dub- -lub dub-……a thumping?……-lub dub- -lub dub- ……no……-lub dub-……a heartbeat…but……who…?