Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Red Eyes under The Moonlight ❯ Chapter Two : Nothing has Changed ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Red Eyes under the Moonlight
By:
Dea-Sama
 
Taratata! Onto a new chapter of this the story that I am practically making up along the way! Lol!
Anyways, so … will our two … semi-heroes, Natsuo and Seiji capture their old friend/crush, Saruko?
Nobody knows! Not even me! Okay … Maybe I DO know but … WHATEVER!!
So yeah, I DO know what's gonna happen … but not how … If you have ever tried writing a story with a lot of character development, then you know what I mean.
 
To those who don't let me explain; when you start writing a story, YOU'RE the one writing it, yes. BUT, at some point, the characters take charge. You at some point really feel the story take place and a beautiful movie starts to play in your head and you don't have any control of what's going on.
Of course, an author can't always let their characters take charge! I usually review my writing so, I guess I'm fine. I still think I can improve but, this Fic is already a lot for me.
 
I really can't believe how much my writing has improved! It's really amazing =)
Alrighty then, onto the chapter … =D
 
Disclaimer:
……………
 
 
 
 
 
Chapter Two: Nothing has changed
 
Natsuo Inuzuka and Seiji Nara have been running for about three hours straight now. It seems as if their prey never gets tired, or maybe it was just insulted and needed to burn some steam.
The predator and prey were running on the branches of an unusually dense forest near Toki-Sama's village.
 
Four hours now passed, none of them are willing to give up the chase. Then, it seemed as if time has stopped. The prey turned around and smirked; it had become the predator. Natsuo and Seiji stopped running, and fell to their knees. Seiji looked up to see their prey's eyes; which had become blood red with three small swirls around its iris.
 
The young man looked up; the sky had turned blood red and the moon as well. Natsuo didn't need to look around to know the scenery had changed; he merely glared at their enemy who smirked at the two boys like she was superior.
 
Natsuo turned to his friend and with difficulty he said. “Seems like, she really took it personally.”
 
Seiji laughed sarcastically. How is it that Natsuo can make a joke in their situation?
 
Flashback
 
Natsuo and Seiji were sitting by a bond fire in the forest clearing where their enemy could've killed them. The two boys (and Rei) were peacefully eating some instant ramen; pretending to be in the open.
Their plan was to lure their prey out; since the two were pretty sure she was already watching them.
 
“Ne, Seiji.” Natsuo said, commencing their little show. “Who do you think that person was?”
 
“Who? The raven summoner?” Seiji replied, hiding his face in his ramen trying to sense their enemy whereabouts.
 
“Yeah, I mean at this point … you should know who it is, right?”
 
When Seiji found the enemy's location, he slowly nodded his head to Natsuo. The hyper-active Chuunin grinned, that sign had meant that everything was going according to plan.
 
“Actually, I still haven't really thought about it.” Seiji revealed, finishing his ramen. “But …”
 
“But what?” Natsuo repeated trying his best not to laugh and ruin their plan.
 
“I still think its Saruko …”
 
“EH?! That can't be!!” Natsuo exclaimed.
 
“Well, I've been thinking and … This seems like something Saruko could do.”
 
“How come?”
 
“You know how much of a sadist Saruko can be, she probably wanted to terrorize the village for fun or something.”
 
“No way is it Saruko! I mean, how can a 15 year old girl be flat chested?!”
 
At that moment, the two boys just wanted to burst into laughter but they didn't. In their minds, they swore they could hear Saruko falling over and screaming at them. Little did they know, their enemy did fall over and silently cursed the two ninjas.
 
Natsuo and Seiji looked up at their old friend as she stared down at them with infinite anger.
 
“You think maybe she has a complex about her chest?” Natsuo whispered to Seiji, who shushed him.
 
For the past four hours, it has been like this; Natsuo and Seiji chases after Saruko. Saruko's fury increases. She uses her Sharigan. The boys are weakened. They don't give up. The chase starts again.
 
Somehow it felt like a game, a game of determination that is. If Natsuo and Seij lost, Saruko would escape. If they won, would everything return to how it used too?
 
Almost three years ago, Naruto-Sama had given permission to Saruko to look for Sasuke (even though it was painful, he decided Saruko deserved to know what Naruto didn't couldn't tell her). The young girl left off immediately after she had found out, not bothering to take any weapons, food or clothing.
 
It's a wonder how she survived those years. Nevertheless, Natsuo and Seiji continued to chase her.
Before they knew it, night had fallen and the trio was out of energy. Natsuo was lying face up on the grass breathing heavily, Rei sitting tiredly on his stomach. Seiji was leaning on a tall tree and Saruko was sitting far away from the two boys, her arms hugging her long legs.
 
Since her mask was giving her a hard time to breath, she removed it; revealing her beautiful, flawless pale face and her long shinning raven hair. Seiji admired his old friend/crush silently. She's so beautiful. He thought to himself.
 
Natsuo, knowing his rival would be too shy to make a move, got up and made his way towards his longtime crush. Saruko, busy with her thoughts, at first didn't notice Natsuo, whose face was barely two centimeters away from hers. The young man looked at her, a huge smile dressed across his tanned face.
 
“You know.” He started. “You've gotten quite pretty, Saru-Chan. That totally compensates for your chest.”
 
Seiji got up with a face of total jealousy/anger/disgust. “NATSUO!!! I swear I'm going to …”
 
PUNCH!!
 
Before Seiji could strangle Natsuo, Saruko made a move. The poor victim flew all the way till the other side of the clearing, a huge fist mark on his face. Natsuo giggled nervously; he kinda saw it coming.
Seiji, on the other hand, looked at his friend pretty shocked for the past 10 seconds, but then … he started to laugh.
Something about that precise moment made everything go away. It was like they were kids again, the old times …
 
A younger Saruko walked alone on the streets of Konohagakure; she had just come back from the Academy and she was making her way towards the Hokage Mansion. It was a quiet sunny day, and hundreds of people passed on her streets; some of them recognizing who she was and giving her a small polite wave. When she arrived in front of the huge arc; leading to the gates of the Hokage mansion, the young girl heard a warning. Instinctively, she turned around; a rogue soccer ball was coming straight for her.
Luckily, Saruko had very swift reflexes; she quickly ducked and caught ball with her two hands.
 
“Oi! Thanks a lot!” screamed a boy's voice from afar.
 
Saruko looked at the two boys who were running towards her; one was running his hands in the air smiling, the other was struggling to keep up. Once the two of them arrived in front of the young girl, Saruko gave them the ball and turned around to continue her way to the mansion. The boy who had a harder time running grabbed her shoulder.
 
“You're not actually going to just leave without telling us you're name, are you?” He said kindly with a smile.
 
“Yeah! After all, you are pretty cute!!” the other boy added planting his face barely a centimeter away from Saruko's.
 
The young girl blushed and glared at the boy as she punched him to oblivion. The kinder boy laughed and Saruko turned her back on the boys.
 
“Saruko.” She said turning to Seiji one last time before walking towards her home.
 
~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@
 
 
The morning sun has started to rise above the village of Tori no Kuni; its light poking through the slightly opened door of a young maiden's room. The sunlight reflected on her beautiful face as her dark eyes slowly opened. The girl found herself in a spacious room furnished with only the futon she was in and a small desk in the corner.
She got up and laid her hands on her legs, which were covered by the warm blanket; her eyes wandered the room. Somehow, she couldn't remember how she's gotten there.
 
As if to answer her confusion, Seiji walked in; Natsuo and his dog at his tail. It didn't take long for Saruko's memory to return …
 
The night before, Seiji used his Kage Mane no Jutsu to bring Saruko to Toki-Sama's estate. The two boys made up a reason to allow her to stay, and so she was here.
Her two old friends were probably very curious to know what she has been doing for the past two and half years. Saruko snickered to herself. Sorry to say they'll be disappointed.
 
 
Seiji and Natsuo sat at Saruko's side. Even though it was morning, the young kunoichi looked beautiful.
 
“Ohayo gozaimasu~ Ohime-sama!” Natsuo greeted with his usual energy and cheerful smile.
 
“O-ohayo …” she whispered.
 
“Eto … Saruko …”
 
And Seiji starts the game! Saruko thought with a grin. “You want to know, right?”
 
The two boys nodded.
 
“I'm sorry to disappoint you two.” She explained without the slightest sign of guilt. “I haven't found anything.”
 
Natsuo and Seiji looked at each other; Rei looking confused about the situation, stayed quiet.
 
“Well yeah, that we wanted to know…but that kinda isn't our goal here …” Natsuo replied, putting Rei on his lap.
 
“The raven, then?” Saruko said confused what her friends wanted to know.
 
“No, no.” Seiji replied. “Where'd you go? What did you do? Stuff like that!”
 
The three shinobis laughed. Saruko smiled; she had forgotten how much fun it was staying around these two. The young girl looked from Natsuo to Rei to Seiji and back, until she realized.
 
“Natsuo, since when …” Saruko questioned as she pointed at Rei.
 
“Oh? Him?” Natsuo smiled and took Rei in his hands. “Saru-Chan! Meet Rei~”
 
The white dog barked happily at girl and jumped out his master's hands onto Saruko's shoulder to lick her face. The young girl giggled and her two friends smiled. Everything's fine, nothing has changed, was what all three of them thought at once.
 
For a few hours, Saruko told her friends about her adventures in this world dominated by shinobi. She had met many of her father's old friends; ironically learning more about her “father” than herself. Not to mention the hoard of jutsu, legends and information she has gathered in the space of two years.
 
A little bit past noon, Shima came into the room to tell the teens that Toki-Sama has waiting for them in the dinner room. Natsuo and Seiji turned to their friend. She smiled (more like grinned) and told them that they'd have loads of time to hear her gloat. The three friends laughed.
 
“Alright then, Saruko please get dressed there's a kimono on the desk over there.” Shima explained.
 
The three shinobi turned to the light blue kimono decorated with dark raven butterflies that was folded neatly on the desk. Saruko turned to her two friends with a face that said: “Get out.”
Seiji got up and walked towards Shima, who was still at the door. Natsuo sat there smiling hugely.
 
“YOU GET OUT TOO!!” Saruko screamed once again punching her stupid pervert of a friend.
 
“Fine with me~ not like you have anything to show anyway!” Natsuo noted bluntly as he followed Seiji and Shima out the door.
 
“ARG!!! STUPID PERVERT!!!” Saruko screamed as she walked to the beautiful kimono. “How ever did I survive around him?”
 
Outside, Seiji was strangling some sense into Natsuo while Shima desperately tries to stop him.
 
“Damnit Natsuo!! WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS AHEAD OF ME?!”
 
Seiji let go of his friend and stared at his feet in frustration; why couldn't he have Natsuo's boldness? His shy and quiet nature infuriated him. Natsuo put his hand on his friend's shoulder, Seiji looked up to see Natsuo's smile.
“Let the games begin, my friend!” He proclaimed.
 
Seiji smiled back and two of them punched each other's fist. “Let the games begin.”
 
~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@
 
Seiji, Natsuo, Shima and Toki-Sama were in the dinning room waiting for Saruko to arrive.
 
A few minutes ago, when the boys were waiting in front of the room, Saruko opened the door as to see only her head. She blushed as asked Shima to get her a maid to help put on the kimono since she did not know how.
Her two Chuunin friends laughed as much as they could since Saruko couldn't do anything; fact is she was half-naked behind that door. A few minutes later, the maid arrived and so the boys made their way to the dinning room.
 
“How long does it take just to put on a stupid ki-“
 
Seiji's phrase was cut off when Saruko entered the room. Her long hair has been braided and her eyes reflected a certain embarrassment as she came in.
Natsuo and Seiji looked at each other, the same phrase rang in their ears; The games have begun!
 
“Saruko you look beau-“
 
“SARU-CHAN KAWAII~” Natsuo interrupted jumping to Saruko's side.
 
The two rivals glared at each other.
 
“Shut Up!” Saruko snapped, this time kicking Natsuo out the room and into the pond.
 
“Now that wasn't cute at all …” Natsuo grumbled to himself as he spat out some water.
 
“I think maybe we should eat now …” Seiji suggested.
 
Once Natsuo dried off, Toki-sama called out for their food.
 
“Uwaa~ It looks so good! Itadaki-“
 
Before the over-eager chuunin could dive into his plate, Seiji took it away; causing Natsuo's head to leave a mark on the table.
 
After lunch, Saruko took a walk around the village; it looked so peaceful without her there to terrorize it. She grinned evilly; but she had to keep her sadistic ideals to herself. She found very relaxing without having to take care of her two friends, but somehow the young girl had found herself re-attached to the boys.
 
Two years ago, it took several weeks before Saruko got used to being alone; without having Natsuo as a guinea pig for her experiments. Now that they had returned into her life, the young kunoichi felt strange. Her two childhood friends were the same but … they looked to different. Somehow, they had changed in her eyes.
 
Saruko shook those thoughts away and looked up at the sky; clouds had started to gather. Luckily for them, she and the boys would be leaving for Konoha soon.
 
“Oi! Saruko!”
 
The kunoichi turned around to find Seiji running towards her. “What's wrong?”
 
Seiji looked up and blushed slightly. “Eh? Nothing, I just …”
 
The young man didn't need to complete her phrase, Saruko knew him too well for that. She smiled.
 
“I'm fine, as long you pay for my shopping!”
 
“E-eh!? That's not fair, Saruko!” Seiji exclaimed.
 
Saruko looked directly at her friend; the intense glare causing him to gulp.
 
“Oh fine!”
 
Saruko snickered while Seiji sighed taking one last look at his wallet. By the end of the day, it'll be empty. He thought.
 
The two went shopping around the district; Saruko getting her hands on any outfit, weapon, or piece of jewelry that Seiji could afford. Obviously, as the young man had predicted, his wallet was empty. The two konoha shinobi, took a breather on a bench surrounded by trees. Seiji sighed; he may have lost his money but at least he spent the day with Saruko.
 
He smiled. What's Natsuo going to do now, I wonder. The young chuunin looked the bags surrounding him; kimonos, katanas, fine jewelry, lucky charms and other sutff filled those bags. He looked up and tried to find Saruko by eye; she had gone off to buy something of her own money.
 
A few minutes later, Seiji spotted Saruko running towards him with two cones of ice cream in her hands.
 
“Thanks for everything today, Seiji!” She thanked. “I really appreciate it.”
 
Seiji took the ice cream cone his friend was offering with a smile. “No problem. You know I'd anything for you.”
 
“Nothing has changed …” She murmured as she sat down beside her fellow ninja.
 
“Ne, Saruko.” Seiji started. “Do you still want to find Sasuke?”
 
Saruko looked at the void for a while; her mind seemed to wander into memories she cherished and cursed. Actually, the young girl didn't really know anymore, but she'll have to come up with a better answer for Seiji.
 
“Two years ago, when I left, I met a man.”
 
Seiji immediately straightened up; his friend had a marvelous talent for story-telling.
 
“He was a kind and mysterious man. For a while he took care of me and taught me a lot of things, while I was in his care. He never told me his name either, so I always called him `Onii-Chan'.”
 
Saruko stopped to dig into her memories; trying to remember those days as if it were yesterday.
 
“He was tall, had dark eyes and raven hair like mines. He knew a lot of things, and because he looked like me, the name `Onii-Chan' fit him perfectly. Onii-Chan was able to teach me a lot of jutsu that he knew the Uchiha Clan used. He seemed to know a lot about the Uchihas, and so wondered if he knew someone who was of that bloodline.”
 
Seiji became really interested with the story now. How long is Saruko going to make me wait?! He thought, waiting for the rest.
 
 
 
“Sadly, every time I asked, he brushed it off with another question. Onii-Chan looked very sad so I didn't ask him many times, but enough for him to know I was interested. He told me; ` The Uchihas are cursed. None of them living right now are happy.' That answer was enough to tell me he did know an Uchiha, but of course, he'd never tell me the whereabouts of Sasuke Uchiha.”
 
“A few days after that, Onii-Chan had disappeared and left me a note: Please don't look for Sasuke.”
 
When Saruko ended her recital, a thousand questions found its way to Seiji's mind. As they say; a question answered, 20 come to replace it!
Among the things Saruko's tale made Seiji think about, one of them bothered him the most.
 
“Saruko … did you … tell him about Sasuke?” He asked taking a bite out of his ice cream.
 
“No … I didn't” She answered sneaking a glance at the menacing sky.
 
Seiji crossed his hands together and let his head rest on them; he had finished his ice cream (that was quick).
 
“Did you think maybe … he was Sasuke?” Seiji asked again.
 
“At first, since he looked like me …” Saruko explained. “But, he could barely do any of the jutsus he taught me!”
 
The girl laughed. “If he can't even do the Gokakyuu no Jutsu, there's no way he's an Uchiha!”
 
~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@
 
When the rain had started to pour down, Saruko and Seiji made their way to Toki-Sama's estate. The two friends parted ways as the entered into the housing part of the mansion (male and female rooms were separated). Saruko walked slowly towards her room as she admired the garden under the rain; the moon's light already started to shine over it. She smiled; oh how she loved the night sky!
 
When she arrived in her room, she changed into a simple yukata; a dark green one with hibiscus on it.
The kunoichi was relieved to get out of the uncomfortable kimono she had worn all day. Satisfied with how the yukata looked like, she stepped out of the room and asked a nearby maid where the onsen was.
 
Saruko was excited to get a decent bath; not being able to wash herself for three days. Luckily for her, no one was in baths (why would there be anyone?). The young shinobi stripped off of her yukata and slipped into the hot spring without washing off.
 
The warmth of the water soothed her aching muscles; she plunged herself in till her chin, her long hair safe as it was tied into a bun.
 
“Alone at last~” She moaned; nothing but the raindrops hitting the glass ceiling above her to keep her company.
 
~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@
 
“SE-I-JII!!” Natsuo snapped as his friend entered the room.
 
“Ugh, give me a break Natsuo, it was such pain carrying those bags.” The young man complained jumping onto his futon (he had given the bags to a butler so he can put it in Saruko's room).
 
“Aha! So you DID go out with Saruko!!” The hyper-active chuunin exclaimed.
 
Seiji ignored him but inside, he felt like gloating. Although, being the smart-ass he is, the geinus shinobi knew that his gloating would be for nothing; Natsuo most definitely has a come-back plan.
 
“Alright fine then! Don't gloat! All the better for me ~”
 
That said, the young shinobi and his dog left the room. Seiji stared at the door. What is he going to do?
 
 
 
Natsuo left the room and headed for the roof; he had just discovered a passageway to it the night before.
He turned left on a corridor and entered a door; through there he pressed a trigger on the floor that dropped a ladder from the ceiling, leading him the roof.
Rei ran around merrily around the roof; the numerous humps and chimneys serving as obstacles. Natsuo watched his partner play around as sat his back at a chimney. He looked up at the sky; since it rained, the night sky was clear and moon was full. He closed his eyes and that's when he heard it; a beautiful voice.
 
The young man opened his eyes and directed his stare at the certain part of the mansion with a glass ceiling. From there, he heard someone singing.
 
Kimi wa itsumo kagayaiteta
Egao hitotsu chiisa na hoshi
Taisetsu ni shiteta yo
Ano hi boku wa mamorenakute
Kuyashi namida koraeta dake
Itami ga nokoru yo
 
((You have always been shining so brightly
Your smiling face is just like a tiny star
I have been treasuring it
On that day I could not come and protect you
I just held my tears of regret inside
I am still feeling the pain))
 
Natsuo continued to crawl slowly to the beautiful voice until he arrived at the edge of the glass ceiling. He looked down and felt the heat swiftly rise to his head. He felt himself blush and yet … he could not look away.
 
Just below him, there she saw; Saruko naked, alone … in an onsen. She was still singing and her eyes were closed. Natsuo was lucky that the young girl wasn't paying attention to her surroundings.
 
“... namida koraeta dake, itami ga nok-“
 
Saruko looked up; she felt like someone was watching her. Luckily, Natsuo moved away in time and his unknowing friend/crush went back to humming her song. Natsuo sighed with relief.
Then he heard Rei bark behind him; the young chuunin turned to his dog who pulling his foot. The young man raised a brow, and looked at the glass below his hands; it was starting to crack.
 
“U-uso!!!” He screamed as the glass broke dragging him and Rei the hot spring below.
 
The fall was brutal, Natsuo fell swiftly to the floor causing a huge splash; disrupting Saruko's beautiful melody. The young girl screamed but didn't move yet. Natsuo closed his eyes and stayed underwater; scared for his like.
 
“Don't tell me …” Saruko whispered to herself; she got up and walked slowly to the man a meter away from her, her arms covering her small cleavage.
 
Natsuo couldn't take it. He shot up from the water right when Saruko was a fair 10 centimeters from him. The young man came face to face with his crush. The two blushed furiously.
 
“PERVERT!!!” Saruko screamed grabbing Natsuo by the back of his shirt and throwing him out.
 
Back at Seiji and Natsuo's Room …
 
“Welcome back!” Seiji greeted. “Eh? What's with the bump?!”
 
Natsuo walked in the room, a huge mark left by Saruko on his head. He looked dead and out-of-energy; the young man removed his slippers and slipped right into bed.
 
“It's nothing!” He said before hiding himself under the white sheets.
~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@
 
The next morning, Seiji, Natsuo and Saruko packed their bags and prepared to leave Tori no Kuni's village.
After a quick last breakfast with Toki-Sama and Shima, the three friends left off.
 
Road. A few kilometers away from Tori no Kuni.
 
“Ne Natsuo, seriously where were you last night?” Seiji asked.
 
Natsuo and Saruko blushed at once, Seiji's suspicions raised. “Don't tell me …” ( O___O )
 
“N-no!! I was just walking around the mansion last night and …” Natsuo stole a short glance at Saruko.
 
“I … I was playing with a stray cat …” Saruko made up. “Natsuo stopped me … since I was allergic and …”
 
“Her face was priceless! It's been a while since I've seen that cute face!!” The hyper-active chuunin said; completing their excuse.
 
“A-ah …” Seiji replied; he didn't quite believe them, though. They are so lying to me.
 
Natsuo and Saruko turned away from their friend. He knows we're so lying to him!
 
~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@
 
A/N : I'm done! Well, this chapter was pretty short; I think … anyways, I really enjoyed this chapter! Yup yup! It was fun to write. Just so you know, I like making my stories very very happy at first … of course, drama will soon ensue! X) Tanoshimi nanodesuyo ~
 
Ahems, Disclaimer note : I don't own the song I added onto this chapter. I found by accident when I was looking for the lyrics of Nagareboshi by HOME MADE Kazoku … =) I accidentally found lyrics to
Nagareboshi he … some song from Sailor Moon (ugh …) I really liked the meaning of that little part, so I took it.
 
Okay, hope everyone enjoyed this chapter! I hope you guys stick with this Fic till the end!
Yoroshiku ne? x) ~ Kudos!