Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Red Eyes under The Moonlight ❯ Chapter Four : Welcome Back to Konoha! Part Two ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Red Eyes under the Moonlight
By:
Dea-Sama
 
OMG! It's finally Chapter Four! T_T Wow, I'm really so very proud of myself … anyways, the party is about to commence! What is Ino's plan? OMG! What about the Suna? Will they show up? What's Naru-Chan gonna do when he sees Saru-kun? (Yes, -kun. Gotta problem?)
 
DUN DUN! The long awaited chapter FOUR! Tanoshimi-na-no-da~!
 
EDIT: I just noticed some huge loophole in my fic … If Naru-Chan's 25 … that would make everyone else around that age … and so … if Saruko-Tachi is 15 … wouldn't that mean that their mothers (excluding Saruko of course) gave birth at 15 years-old?! Why did I have to notice this now? Now I'm going to be forced to remove the bios in the beginning. The Rookie 11 should be around the age of 30-35, I guess. Sigh. DEA-SAMA NO BAKA!!!
 
Disclaimer:
 
NO TIME FOR FRIKKEN LAW ABBIDING SHIT RIGHT NOW! ONTO THE PARTY!!
 
Chapter Four: Welcome Back to Konoha! Part Two
 
The sun had already set. The night sky already settled in. A single generation of shinobi all crammed into one little restaurant. Teuchi and his daughter serving their longtime customers while reminiscing on old times; everyone was still the same. The only ones missing from the grand reunion was Naruto-Sama and the Suna Siblings.
 
A young woman was walking eagerly in front Ichiraku's, calmly (yeah right) for either Sakura to appear with the Hokage or the Suna's Kazekage to appear with his older siblings. She sighed, it was painful having to wait for them for her master plan to come into play.
 
“Ino! What are you doing out here?” said a male voice from behind the woman.
 
“Oh, it's just you Shika.” Ino replied to her husband with a sigh. “I'm waiting.”
 
“For who? Naruto?” Shikamaru asked, placing himself beside his wife.
 
“Well yes, without the guest of honor, there won't be fun in my game.” Ino answered, looking on her left and right.
 
“No matter what, I still don't understand you women.” Shikamaru said to himself, scratching the back of his head. “Mendokusei.”
 
“Ah! So I'm a problem now, eh?”
 
Ino put herself in front of Shikamaru; her hands behind her back looking up at her beloved with a pout.
 
“It's not that you're a-“
 
The man didn't have to time to finish. Ino suddenly stood up and planted a soft swift kiss on her beloved's lips. The young woman giggled to herself. Men are such fools.
 
“Don't worry, my game will start soon.” She told him with a sly smile.
 
“So basically, you're not going to tell me what it is, are you?” Shikamaru said with a slight disappointment.
 
“Why should I? You're smart enough to figure it out on your own, after all.”
 
The young couple stood there for a while, simply enjoying each other's company.
 
~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@
 
At the back of the restaurant there was a door leading to Teuchi and Ayame's home, Seiji, Natsuo and Saruko were there preparing for Ino's plan. The female sadist sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror once more. It was sad. What was sad? The simple fact that Ino's plan will work. Saruko wondered what her adopted (let's go with that) father will do; seeing her like this. This is torture. Then again, the sadist didn't mind torture, but on Naruto? The young genin couldn't answer that. What she did know was that, if she didn't do this, Ino would bring hell upon her. Not that that's a bad thing, since Saruko can handle herself. Sadly, what Ino can't bring upon Saruko, she'll being upon Seiji. Not that Saruko minded that either … The point is, she was going to make Ino's plan come true.
 
The girl sighed again.
 
Behind her, Natsuo and Seiji were playing a game of cards. Just a few minutes ago, they were laughing their asses off at Saruko. The genin figured they got bored. She let out another sigh. Annoying, so annoying, very very annoying.
 
A while after, the clock rang, notifying the kids that it was already 8' o clock. The Suna would be arriving at any moment now. It was sad that the three shinobis wouldn't be able to see their reactions when they learn there's nothing wrong with Naruto-Sama. This time, all three of them sighed. Waiting was such a painful thing.
 
“This is going to work isn't it?” Natsuo stated, dropping a 4 of hearts onto a card pile (erm … no clue what game their playing).
 
“Sadly for me, yes.” Saruko muttered, looking at Seiji's hand of cards.
 
“That's my mother for you.” Seiji reminded, dropping a 5 of diamonds on the pile, causing Natsuo to quietly curse.
 
(Still don't know what game their playing …)
 
At that moment, the three childhood friends were a huge explosion coming from Ichiraku's and they sighed noting it was the arrival of the Suna Siblings. They just missed something that would probably never happen again in the history of their sad lives. The 5th sigh in the past 5 minutes surfaced. Now all was left was Naruto-Sama to come and the games can begin.
 
“We should go get ready.” Seiji announced.
 
“Good point. We'll walk about 5 blocks from here.” Natsuo seconded. “That should be long enough for Ino to ready things.”
 
“Okay.” Saruko said, giving into her faith. “Natsuo give me the cloak, please.”
 
“Here.”
 
“Thanks.”
 
After Saruko put the black cloak on, the three shinobi left Ichiraku's owner's home and started to walk.
 
It was dark out, the only light came from the moon and the few light poles on the streets. Luckily, it wasn't all that cold outside or Saruko would have died. Whose idea was this again? Oh yeah, Ino's.
 
“Shouldn't you two put your cloaks, what if were seen?” Saruko announced to her friends.
 
The two boys didn't reply, but they did put their cloaks on. The trio was now 2 blocks away from Ichiraku's.
 
~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@
 
Back at the Hokage Mansion, Sakura and Naruto were walking together out the gates. They were late, too late. Sakura sighed. Ino was probably very restless at that moment. The two of them walked silently. Sakura secretly awaiting the start of Ino's little show and Naruto was trapped in his thoughts.
 
Lately, the young man looked quite tired and bored. He was obviously anxious for Natsuo and Seiji's return from Tori no Kuni, he couldn't wait to know the results of their mission (little did you know Naru-Chan. The pink-haired woman walking at his side smiled at the thought of Naruto's reaction when Ino's plan starts; her inner self laughing its ass off.
 
A few minutes later, the duo passed three people in cloaks. Naruto stopped walking when he caught a glimpse of one of their faces. It couldn't be?
 
Sakura, who knew who they were, quickly beckoned Naruto to move on. They were late enough as it is. Luckily for the kunoichi, Naruto wasn't himself lately and so … he did not protest or complained. The Hokage let himself be taken away by Sakura as they slowly approach the restaurant.
 
Once they arrived, everyone greeted their Hokage/long-time friend. The first one to come up to him was a half-drunk Kiba, who kept on patting Naruto's shoulder, saying something along the lines of:
 
Hahaha! Cheer up man! You'll be happy tonight!!
 
Deciding to ignore the vagueness of Kiba's words, Naruto smiled back and pat his long-time friend's back thanking him. Hinata approached Naruto and simply gave him a simple greeting, before bringing her drunk husband back to the table.
 
After everyone had greeted him, Naruto took a seat with Sakura, Ino and Shikamaru. The second the Hokage had taken his seat …
 
“INO!!!!!”
 
The entire restaurant turned to the trio that now stood at Ichiraku's door. A man sporting black pants and a black t-shirt over a brown net top was standing in front of the two others, panting. He looked extremely pissed. Perhaps that's an under-statement …
 
Behind the man was a young woman with long blond hair sporting a simple black kimono and another man wearing a loose maroon jumpsuit (pardon the word T_T) wrapped with a white sash (pardon the word again).
 
“Wow! You guys actually did come!” Ino exclaimed, greeting the guests. “Sorry `bout the phony letter.”
 
“SORRY?! You have no idea how stupid of an ide-“
 
“Kankuro! Shut it! You're the one who fell for it!” Temari snapped from behind her brother.
 
The man immediately stopped talking. His older sister was right, he was the only one stupid enough to believe something had really happen to Naruto.
 
“To go to such extreme lengths last minute, what's the occasion?” The Kazekage asked taking Kankuro's place in front of the gang.
 
Ino snickered and everyone but Sakura, Teuchi and Ayame gulped nervously.
 
“What on earth are you talking about? We're just having a reunion.” Ino replied, somehow making it sound like the truth.
 
Ino then beckoned the trio to sit at the table beside hers and everyone continued the party. That is, until three cloaked being entered the restaurant; their faces were hidden. Teuchi then stuck his head out of the counter and spoke to the guests.
 
“May I help you?” He asked.
 
Ino, Sakura, Shikamaru and Naruto looked up at the mysterious trio. The figure in the middle looked down to Naruto, a lock of raven hair was revealed.
 
“Y-you couldn't possibly be …” he muttered.
 
The middle figure removed the hood; under it was terribly nostalgic face. Naruto's blue eyes widened and so did everyone else's. There was no idea that that was who the Hokage thought it was. Just no way … and yet, there he was, in flesh in blood, in front of him.
 
“Uchiha …” the person started.
 
“… Sasuke.”
 
Naruto ended with a shocked breath. The restaurant was silent; after more than 15 years, the Traitor had finally re-appeared …
 
 
Or did he?
 
~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@
 
Saruko was pissed. She was very pissed. Not only did Ino's plan work but, she had looked the part so well, it hurt. Of course, the young girl had to use some simple genjutsu to make her look more like a man (height and face). Her long hair was tied into a very low ponytail behind her head and her birthmark under her left eye (that I never mentioned) hidden by the genjutsu.
 
Behind, Natsuo and Seiji were still hidden and their presence unknown; although it was somewhat clear that Hinata, Neji, Shikamaru and Shino had seen through the trick already. The two boys were silently laughing. For once, it was Saruko being tortured and not them.
 
“A-are you really Sasuke?” Naruto asked, still under some shock.
 
“In the flesh.” Sasuke/Saruko said with a gentle smile.
 
Naruto's eyes almost welled up with tears, but luckily a very drunk Kiba brought the party back.
 
“OI! NO TIME TO TALK LET'S PARTAY!” Kiba exclaimed putting his arm Saruko/Sasuke.
 
The entire restaurant replied by raising their cups of sake to the air. The two cloaked people sat at the bar in front of Teuchi. The old man snickered; Ino's plan worked.
Seiji, still hidden, turned to Natsuo who was sitting beside him.
 
“Now what? My mother didn't tell us anything pass here …” He whispered to his friend.
 
“No clue. She probably doesn't know herself!” Natsuo exclaimed quietly.
 
Seiji turned to the cup of water that Ayame just placed in front of him. He had a very bad feeling about all this.
 
 
A meter away from the two boys, Sasuke/Saruko was sitting across from Naruto, Ino's at his/her side. He/She sighed. Ino did not give her instructions pass this point, she turned to her left and the young woman grinned at her, as if to say: Improvise!
 
Saruko/Sasuke sighed. Obviously, Ino did not think of that would happen after! The disguised Sasuke turned to Naruto. What was she supposed to do? What was she supposed to say? If only she knew! Unfortunately, the fact that she had never met Sasuke made things very difficult.
 
“Ne Naruto …” She finally decided to say, not accustomed to the manly voice that came out her lips. “I-is Saruko here?”
 
Somehow, the young girl felt proud. Even though she faltered as she talked about herself, it made her laugh. Naruto, after taking a sip of sake, smiled at him.
 
“Sadly, she left 2 and half years ago to look for you!”
 
The man hiccupped. Saruko laughed to herself; her father didn't even take a single glass and he was already getting drunk.
The two of them talked pointlessly for a while.
 
Happy of the result, Ino got up and beckoned her husband, Sakura, Natsuo and Seiji to follow her out.
 
It was night outside; there was soft gentle wind blowing and the bright moon shining above.
 
“Ka-chan, what are we gonna do now?” Seiji asked her mother taking his hood off.
 
“I didn't think about that.” She replied innocently.
 
“AHA! I KNEW IT!” Sakura and Natsuo said at the same time.
 
“Ino, have you thought of what might happen?” Shikamaru asked his wife with an interrogating stare.
 
“Er … no …” Ino replied nervously. “I knew you would … so … tell us.”
 
Shikamaru sighed.
 
“Saruko is disguised as a man in a party where everyone's drinking sake. A 15-year old girl's alcohol immunity isn't that big, y'know.”
 
Ino, Seiji, Natsuo and Sakura looked at him. What was Shikamaru saying?
 
“Naruto's half-drunk … Saruko is disguised as someone who he has been waiting for more than 20 years!”
 
Seiji, Ino and Sakura backed away. They did not like where Shikamaru was going with this. Natsuo, confused, decided to ask what was going to happen.
 
Before he could answer, Shikamaru was interrupted by a drunk Neji who popped out of nowhere' He was walking groggily and hiccupping every 5 seconds or so, he limped to Shikamaru and put his arm around his neck. The man hiccupped waving his glass of sake around with his left hand.
 
“I know what's g-going t-to hap-pen!” Neji announced, somehow knowing what the gang had said before he arrived.
 
“What? WHAT?!” Natsuo repeated desperately wanting to know what was going to happen.
 
“.. and they don't have a clue!!” Negi continued saying.
 
“Who?!” Natsuo was getting annoyed.
 
Sakura, Ino, Seiji and Shikamaru decided to stay out of the seriously pointless conversation; simply staring at the two like they were nuts.
 
“The sweet caress of the twilight!!” His empty eyes lit up.
 
The man was now seriously talking gibberish.
 
“There's magic everywhere!” He continued.
 
“AND WITH ALL THIS ROMANTIC ATMOSPHERE … DISASTER IS IN THE AIR!” Neji screamed, finished his glass of sake.
 
Now everyone, including Natsuo, stared at Neji. He was a total nutcase, and to think he's an Anbu member!
At some point the drunken man started to sing “Can you feel the love tonight” until Sakura brought him back inside.
Shikamaru sighed.
 
“Somehow, Neji's right.”
 
“How so?” Natsuo asked, still annoyed that it took so long for him to get a simple answer.
 
Once again, Shikamaru was interrupted; (much to Natsuo's despair) Sakura came running out the restaurant. The kunoichi looked panicked.
 
“N-naruto …” She breathed out. “Naruto and Saruko are gone!”
 
Everyone's eyes widened.
 
“Oh god! Shika! WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS RIGHT?!” Ino snapped. “Seiji, Natsuo go to Teuchi's place, see if their there! NOW!!”
 
As soon as the order left Ino's lips, the two boys left running, not bothering to put the cloak back on as they ran into the restaurant, exposed.
 
“Stupid Mother!” Seiji snapped as he and Natsuo ran up the stairs leading to Teuchi and Ayame's home.
 
~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@
 
Back downstairs, Ino decided to tell everyone her plan.
 
“Ino! How could you think up such a thing?!” Hinata exclaimed, outraged.
 
“But, you have to admit its genius!” Chouji commented.
 
“Yeah, well, does it matter what their doing up there?” Kankuro added with a mischievous grin.
 
“Saruko's 15, baka!” Sakura screamed.
 
They went on. Ino sighed; she sure did make a huge mess this time.
 
 
 
Upstairs, Naruto and Saruko were alone in a room (OMG O_O, I'm so bad …), A seriously drunk Naruto trying to approach Sasuke/Saruko who was backing away as Naruto came to him/her. Saruko gulped when she reached the wall. Her vision was failing her, the alcohol taking its effect quite quickly.
 
She hiccupped and grinned at Naruto. She pushed him under her; Naruto was lying on his back, Saruko's hands at each side of his head to keep her up.
 
And that's how Seiji and Natsuo found them.
 
Outraged, the boys dragged Saruko up. She hiccupped.
 
“Thank god we came before anything happened.” Natsuo said with relief, carrying Saruko on his back.
 
Seiji nodded; Naruto was on his back.
 
“No point telling them was happened now, though.” Seiji added.
 
Saruko's genjutsu disappeared; she had fallen asleep and so did Naruto. The two boys laughed how is Ino going to explain to them what happened?
 
~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@
 
The next morning, Naruto-Sama could not remember a single thing from the night before. He remembered going to Ichiraku's for a reunion then … What happened?
The young Hokage sat up and looked beside him; there was another bed with someone in it, that person was under the sheets and so Naruto could not guess who the person was.
 
He decided to look on his right, out the window. For one thing, he wasn't at home, from the view, Naruto guessed he was at the hotel beside Ichiraku's Ramen. Looking down from the window, he saw Ino, Seiji and Natsuo … -tte? When did Seiji and Natsuo come back?
 
The more the man thought about it, he could not remember. He looked at the person on the other bed.
 
“S-sasuke?”
 
He whispered to himself; and that's when he remembered …
 
Sasuke made a sudden appearance in Teuchi's restaurant, both of them were drunk and they went uptairs …
 
“EH?!?!?!”
 
The Hokage's scream woke poor Saruko who was sleeping on the bed beside her father's. Angrily, she got up and screamed back at him.
 
“Dad, would you mind SHUTTING UP?! I'm trying to get some sleep here!”
 
Realizing what she had said, Saruko shut up herself; the both of them stared at the other in silence.
In Naruto's mind, a thousand questions were forming;
 
“What's a girl doing here?”
“Why'd she call me Dad?”
“What really happened yesterday?”
“Did Sasuke really come?”
 
Same with Saruko …
 
“Oh my god, what am I doing here?”
“Why's Dad here?”
“Did I do something yesterday?”
“Does he recognize me?”
“Does he think I'm Sasuke?!”
 
“Ano …”
 
“Ano …”
 
They both said at once.
 
“Y-you go first!” Saruko said (more like ordered), not wanting to explain anything. Where's Ino when you need her?
 
“W-who are you?”
 
“Who do you think I am?”
 
Saruko smiled mischievously. Naruto looked at her.
 
“Sas- … no … It … SARUKO!?”
 
Naruto got up with a start, he realized what had happened. He also felt stupid that he didn't notice anything, some Hokage he turned out to be. The night before, the man who came was Saruko pretending to be Sasuke. The both of them got drunk; they went upstairs and almost … well, right.
 
“THIS WAS INO'S IDEA, WASN'T IT?!”
 
Saruko, realizing that her father figured out the scenario on his own, nodded. She felt herself blushed.
She nearly kissed her own Dad. The young genin sat in there in an awkward silence. Luckily, Naruto didn't notice.
He was too busy fuming and walking angrily around the room. How the Hokage turned his embarrassment into anger, Saruko did not know.
 
A few minutes later, the man walked towards the window and opened it.
 
“INO!! I'M GOING TO FRIKKEN KILL YOU!!” He screamed down at the gang below.
 
Saruko laughed; same old Dad.
 
“What's so funny?!” He snapped turning to his daughter.
 
“Y-you are!”
 
The genin continued laughing, Naruto smiled and laughed with her. Saruko then felt a few tears travel her cheeks; she stopped laughing and walked up to her dad.
 
“I'm home.” She whispered with a smile.
 
“Welcome back.”
 
Naruto returned his daughter's smile.
 
~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@
 
Back at the Konoha Gates, a man had collapsed while Naruto and Saruko were having their little nostalgic reunion. Izumo and Kotetsu immediately tended to him; luckily the man was just exhausted and hungry, the two guards sent him to the Hospital.
 
When the man woke up, he found himself in a plain white room. Beside him was a bowl of ramen, he stared at it; it looked familiar. Before he could remember, a medic-nin entered his room.
 
“Ah, you're awake! I'm Sakura. Do you remember anything?”
 
“Well, I'm not injured or anything … I think I was just tired.”
 
“That's good to know, but just in case, we'll keep you here awhile.”
 
“Thanks.”
 
Sakura turned around, but then realized she forgot something, she looked at the man.
 
“Do you know why you came here?”
 
The man's eyes widened slightly. Why DID he come here? And where exactly WAS here?
 
“I-I don't know.”
 
Sakura approached the man's bed and smiled kindly.
 
“Don't worry, your exhaustion might have caused a short-term memory loss. Do you remember your name?”
The man searched his mind and shook his head.
 
“I see … I'll come check up on you later, so please rest.”
 
And with that, Sakura left the room. She would have to call Tsunade for this case. The kunoichi turned and looked through the small opening at the room's door; who was that man?