Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Red Eyes under The Moonlight ❯ Interlude : The Melancholy of Seiji Nara ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Red Eyes under the Moonlight
By:
Dea-Sama
 
ZOMFG ! It's chapter four~ <3 I'm so proud of myself … the fact the chapters are so long =D. I usually limited myself to writing 6 pages in a size 14 font O_o, now I can make like 8-9 pages of size 9 font! Oh the proud ness ~! Haha ..
 
Ahem! I'd like to note that this chapter is an INTERLUDE. Meaning, Filler, I guess. It's basically something to follow-up on Seiji melancholy. Boy, do I hate this character! He really does remind me of Eichi from Full Moon wo Sagashite. P.S: The title is so TOTALLY inspired from SHnY.
 
Diclaimer:
 
Dea: I hate you Seiji!
Sei: Eh?! Why?! You made me!
Ino: NO I DID!! T_T
Natsuo: Dea-Sama does not own Naruto & co. Masashi Kishimoto does.
Dea: And remember; Saruko, Rei, Seiji, Kurugumi and *luffs* Natsuo belong to ME! =D
 
Interlude: The Melancholy of Seiji Nara
 
 
Deciding he still had plenty of time, Seiji (after he had brought back the party supplies to his Mother and Sakura) went to his favorite place. A certain place that, somehow, all the males in his family went to.
It was on the rooftop of a building quite near Ichiraku's, on it was a bench with a small ceiling over it. Almost like a modern bus stop on a skyscraper!
The young sat on the bench and stared up at the red sky; the sun had started to set. In less than an hour, the party would start. By the time he came back, the suna would've probably arrived already; yet, no matter how much he wanted to see their shocked faces, Seiji had bigger problems to deal with.
 
It seems that lately, Natsuo and Saruko have been getting along quite well; they were even able to have a civil conversation, for once. Even though that pleased Seiji a lot, it still made him very jealous. It was always him who was kinder and smarter with Saruko, yet, Natsuo gets more attention.
 
Seiji clutched his fists. It just wasn't fair.
 
“Ne, Seiji! SEIJI!” Natsuo screamed to his friend; who wasn't paying attention.
 
“Huh? What?” Seiji replied, snapping to reality.
 
Natsuo sighed and repeated his question with a slight blush.
 
“I ... Sa- … W-what do you think of Saruko?”
 
Without hesitation, the smart boy replied. “I like her.”
 
Natsuo's brown/black eyes widened, then he glared at his friend and he seriously muttered.
 
“Then that makes you my rival.”
 
“Eh?”
 
“Seiji Nara! From today on, I, Natsuo Inuzuka am your Rival!”
 
Ever since Natsuo had made that proclamation, the two guys would always fight; for Saruko and themselves. But ever since Seiji could remember, Natsuo always won. It infuriated the young chuunin even more too just think about it.
 
Why is it that no matter how much he tried, he never got what he wanted? The young man then felt guilty, he was thinking very selfishly right now. His anger grew.
Not wanting to take a violent approach to his anger, Seiji closed his eyes and concentrated on his breathing. At least that's something Natsuo can't beat him at!
 
The young man snickered. He was being very foolish right now. All these thoughts that passed in his head right now, would definitely not reach anyone's ear.
 
Suddenly the female Hyuuga he had met earlier came into his mind; her shy smile taunting him like a pest. Sure, she was beautiful, but Saruko was the one he loved. That won't change for a long time. And yet, no matter how many time Seiji told himself this, Kurugumi always appeared into his mind.
 
He shrugged, and let his mind wonder about her. The young man then remembered that he would be seeing her later. Seiji justified his thinking of her pure curiosity (which is probably what it is, anyway).
 
Seiji smiled. That's right. Saruko's the one I love!
 
The smart-ass chuunin got up and put up his fist in front of his face. He looked at his hand carefully, filled with new-found determination. He was going to win-over Saruko no matter what! But, before that, he's going to force Natsuo to tell him what had happened the past few days. If it made Natsuo and Saruko closer to one and another, should Natsuo gloat about it? (Oh little do you know Seiji! Little do you know …)
 
The young man, descended from the building and entered Ichiraku's; his thinking period had ended earlier than he had thought, no one but his mother, Sakura, Teuchi, Ayame were there.
 
“Sei! Come on and help out! What on earth were you doing?” Ino snapped at her son.
 
“Sorry Mom, I …”
 
Saruko's appearance interrupted Seiji's apology. “Seiji! Ara? No ones here yet?”
 
“You're all too early! Well, it's fine though, I've got a new idea.” Ino announced to everyone present.
 
“What is it, Ino-san?” Ayame asked from behind the counter.
 
Ino laughed. “Come on closer.”
 
When Saruko, Seiji, Natsuo, Teuchi, Sakura, Ayame and Ino were all in a circle; the young blond woman whispered her supposed genius plan.
After it was said, Saruko did not look pleased; she did not like her role one bit. Seiji and Natsuo merely laughed at their boy-ish friend.
 
“Don't worry Saru-Chan! I'm sure you'll fill the role well!” Natsuo exclaimed, causing everyone to laugh.
 
~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@
A.N: Whoa, this Interlude was very very short, wasn't it? Anyways, it filled its role. =D Now I wonder, how is Seiji going to find out what Natsuo did? Hmmm, I'm going to have to make up something good!
You know, maybe I shouldn't made this an interlude in the first place! UGH BAKA BAKA!! SNAP OUT OF IT D! YOU'RE GOING NUTS!! Ahem! *cough* Sorry `bout this … As I've said (I don't know If I said it though) I just wrote this because the next chapter is going to be long so I figured “Imma just throw this in for the hell of it!” I'm so stupid T_T. Some writer I am! T_T *goes into depression*