Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Red White Blue ❯ White ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Hyuuga Neji was a very white person.

 
White - for hygiene.
 
Every day Neji washed his face with white soap from Dove. One time in the morning, one time in the evening.
 
Every day Neji washed his hair with white shampoo. His hair was extremely happy with Neji's good care.
 
Every day Neji put on a clean set of white clothes. White socks, white pants, white boxers, white shirt, white jacket, and if possible, white sandals instead of the traditional blue ones.
 
Every day Neji combed his hair with a white brush. One hundred strokes in the morning and one hundred strokes in the evening equalled ultra-soft and silky hair.
 
Neji was especially proud of his hair.
 
Proud, because he took care of his hair so much. Proud, because you could see he took care of his hair so much. Proud of his hair, his beautiful soft and silky hair.
 
-- Proud, because both Gaara and Sasuke always looked at him with jealousy whenever he was playing with his hair again. That he was the reason why Gaara had a dark and gloomy mood at the dinner table in the morning, simply because Neji was paying more attention to his hair rather than Gaara self. That he was the reason why Sasuke always upset bypassing people with his dark and brooding look, simply because Neji forbade him to play with his Neji's hair.
---
White - for representation of his clan.
The Hyuuga-clan, together with the Uchiha-clan, was one of the most prestigious clans in Konoha. Lots and lots of people often wondered what would rule: the Byakugan from the Hyuuga-clan or the Sharingan from the Uchiha-clan.
The Hyuuga-clan was huge, prestigious, rich, powerful.. and until today not killed like the Uchiha-clan.
Every member of the Hyuuga-clan, both Main and Branch family, could immediately be recognized because of their typical white eyes and white clothes.
Hyuuga Neji wasn't an exception. Though Neji hated the entire Main family from the Hyuuga-clan, though his future wasn't as sunny as he wanted it to be, though he would probably never agree with his uncle Hiashi-Sama, though he would probably never really bond with his nieces Hinata and Hanabi, Neji wore, since the day he was born, nothing else besides his white clothes which represented his clan.
And when someone asked him why he always wore those white clothes, even though he practically hated his own clan, Neji always answered (with a very angry voice) he just liked the color.
-- Gaara and Sasuke didn't care at all when they heard his reason. Neji was right somewhere though: his often translucent white clothes and shirt were great on him!
---
White - for mourning and death.
Mourning, because a very important person is gone, and will not come back, and never will be seen again.
Mourning, because that person has brought an emptiness in your heart which you would have to carry for the rest of your life.
Mourning, because every single day Neji loyally visited his father's grave. Rain or sunshine, spring or fall, morning or evening, without or without freshly sought-out flowers. His flowers were always white of color, because Neji thought that white flowers represented his mourning.
From the moment Hizashi died, the Yamanaka flower-shop kept on receiving orders for the most various white flowers. From white roses to the most simple marguerites. From snowdrops in the winter to daisies in the summer.
Mourning and Death were a big part of Neji's life. He declined parties, meeting, dates, get-togethers and what-not, simply because he wanted to visit his father's grave. He felt obligated to show the entire world he didn't agree with his father's fate, and he felt obligated to visit the grave every single day.
-- Gaara and Sasuke thought that all this attention for a dead person went a little bit too far, especially when they waited 6 hours for Neji on their first date.. without any results. Neji never showed up that time.

White - for personality. You could describe Neji's entire personality with white words.

 
White was for the winter. Beautiful.. no, perfect. A white winter was the thing Konoha could only dream of with its soft climate. Dream of those thousands and millions of white snow-flakes who just dropped from the sky, each a gift from heaven.
 
But the winter had secrets as well. Even though the snow was very beautiful, one should not forget its storms. Big, powerful storms, which destroyed everything in its path. Storms like this pasted after a while, but the damage would always stay.
 
-- Both Gaara and Sasuke had underestimated Neji when they told him he looked `cute' when he was angry. The damage Neji caused (`I AM A BOY AND THEREFORE NO CUTE! I AM DANGEROOUUUSS!') could still be found on both bodies.
---
White was for purity. And if Hyuuga Neji was anything at all, then he was definitely pure. That pure relaxed look when he was meditating in lotus-style. Those pure attacks of rage he had when his uncle looked down on him for the umpteenth time because he was just a simple Branch member. That pure jealous look when he saw Naruto and Sasuke friendly fighting together, or when he saw Gaara and his brother doing brother-stuff. That pure smile which appeared every time he got a compliment from those he worked so hard for.
-- That pure surprised look when both Gaara and Sasuke gave him a birthday presents 3 months after his birthday, simply because they had forgotten to give it earlier.
---
White was for emptiness. That emptiness in your soul because your father sacrificed himself to save your uncle. That emptiness in your soul because you knew from the day you were born you could be nothing more than a Branch member. That emptiness in your soul because, how hard you tried, no-one from your family would appreciate you more.
-- That emptiness in your soul because Gaara and Sasuke tried to attract the least possible attention when holding hands under the dinner-table: as if it would be such a shame if you would see it.

Yes, as you can see, Hyuuga Neji was a very white person.