Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Red White Blue ❯ Blue ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: I -actually- have no idea whether or not the commander-in-chief in an army wears blue. If not, please imagine he does for a moment.
 

Uchiha Sasuke was a very blue person.

 
Blue - for blood.
 
According to Sasuke, the Uchiha-clan was the most prestigious clan from Konoha. When Sasuke was still a child, and had more family than one crazy bother, the Uchiha-clan was the most superior clan. No other clan was as prestigious as the Uchiha-clan. No other clan was as strong in the most various exclusive techniques as the Uchiha-clan.
 
.. No other clan was spoken so much of after a family-tragedy.
 
Because of these reasons Sasuke believed without a doubt that the Uchiha-clan was more than the average clan. The Uchiha-clan was above other clans. The clan was respected and honored.
 
Yes, Sasuke was proud of his clan. Proud, because he was allowed to wear the Uchiha-symbol on his clothes. Proud, because he was allowed to wear the Uchiha-name. Proud, because he had the Uchiha-blood running through his veins. Because even though he was wearing the Uchiha-symbol on his clothes, even though he knew all exclusive technique from the Uchiha-clan and even though he had the Sharingan.. the Uchiha-blood made him a real Uchiha.
 
Yes, his blood made the difference. Everyone could simply sew the Uchiha-symbol on his clothes! Anyone could say his or her surname was `Uchiha'. Anyone could learn the exclusive technique of the Uchiha-clan, simply with hard work. Anyone could learn the Sharingan! (You just needed to befriend an official Uchiha-member and then be at the right moment at the right place to obtain your very own Sharingan eye the Kakashi-way!)
 
But the Uchiha-blood, that royal, rich, powerful, prestigious Uchiha-blood, that was really exclusive! That was unique! His blood, his royal blue blood (because Sasuke never doubted a moment the Uchiha-blood was not royal) that was from him alone!
-- It was probably because of this reason Sasuke didn't really care when Neji showed up one day wearing a t-shirt with the Uchiha-symbol, or when Gaara, who did not really have a real surname, just borrowed Sasuke's when he submitted himself for an official gathering.
---
Blue was for authority.
Sasuke always wore his blue clothes with pride, because blue, blue equaled authority!
When Sasuke was still a child he loved to look at picture books. The braver, powerful, prouder and stronger the main character was, the happier Sasuke felt.
Sasuke especially loved his picture books about the army. All those people! All those uniforms! All that discipline and authority! Sasuke thought that the best part was that the commander-in-chief could only be estimated from the rest because of that blue on his uniform. Without that little bit of blue the commander-in-chief would be as normal as the rest of those thousands of soldiers.
This was the reason why Sasuke loved to wear blue clothes. After all, he was one of the few who wore a complete blue attire in the entire village. From all those thousands of ninja's in Konoha one could easily spot him because of his blue clothes. Without that blue Sasuke would be as normal al the rest of those thousands of ninja's. While wearing all that blue, Sasuke felt proud, and full of authority.
-- Sasuke's most embarrassing moment ever was the moment he entered the final round of the Chuunin Exams.. all thanks to his black -BLACK!- attire. The only thing what went well that day was the fact he was late: Neji never had to see him in that ridiculous black outfit.
---
Blue - for hard work.
Hard work was a big part of Sasuke's life. Without hard work Sasuke wouldn't be the one he was today. Without hard work he would never become stronger. Without hard work he would never be able to defeat his brother.
When Sasuke got up in the morning he always did 200 sit-ups and 300 push-ups. If he felt ill he reduced both to 150. Breakfast was full of cereals, fibers, protein.. in short: everything he needed to work the rest of the day.
The rest of the morning: training.
Begin of the noon: train. End of noon: train. Begin of the evening: train. Rest of the evening: train.
Night? Eat and sleep. So Sasuke could get up the next day to train further.
If people heard how Sasuke spend his days, they all stared at him. How did he keep up with such a life? Did he never relax? Wasn't his life incredibly boring?
... Sasuke always felt less empty inside when he proudly answered he was an Uchiha and he could do this, this hard work. Even though he wasn't a grown-up yet.
Because he WAS an Uchiha. He COULD deal with this hard life, only because he wanted to kill his brother somewhere in the future. In short: he was great.
-- Sasuke figured out pretty late a relationship required hard work as well. It wasn't easy to deal with both Gaara's aggression and Neji's tantrums. But he would be able to do this. After all, he was an Uchiha, and he symbolized hard work.

Blue - for personality. You could describe Sasuke's entire personality with blue words.

Blue was for power.
 
Sasuke was an Uchiha. The only survivor of the Uchiha-clan. And simply because of this Sasuke was a powerful person, always searching for more power.
 
Because Sasuke was the only survivor from the Uchiha-clan, he had to bear with a heavy burden everyday. If he died, there would be no Uchiha-clan anymore. (The fact his brother was still a live aside, because Sasuke refused to talk about his brother) Without him no-one would remember the Uchiha-clan anymore after all those years. Without him the most prestigious clan from Konoha would never live on. Without him, Itachi could just live his own life without worrying about a foolish little brother back home who kept on getting stronger and stronger. (Yes, Sasuke loved to believe this)
 
Yes, Sasuke thought he had to bear with a heavy burden. But he could take it. Because he, Uchiha Sasuke, only survivor of the Uchiha-clan, had enough power to live this difficult life.
 
He was a powerful person, because he represented an entire clan on his own. He was a powerful person, because he would make sure no-one would ever forget the name `Uchiha'.
 
-- Sasuke found out he didn't have enough power as he thought he had, when he kept on screaming, fighting, moping and sulking for a complete 2 hours without either Gaara or Neji admitting the `Uchiha-clan was superior'.
---
Blue was for calmness.
Sometimes people said Sasuke was stocked up with anger, hate, rage, madness, revenge, sorrow and what-not. If people saw Sasuke sitting at the lake, deep in thoughts and looking quite peaceful, people usually tend to agree that Sasuke was probably planning a murder. Because it couldn't be true that Uchiha Sasuke was merely day-dreaming!
Sasuke didn't agree with those people. Inside of him, there was completely nothing! No hard feelings, no passionate anger: nothing. Because really, how could he be angry when Naruto irritated him all day, if you compared that with that bomb of emotions he felt when he was 8 and had to watch the tragedy of the Uchiha-clan for 24 hours? (Credit goes to his brother)
No. Sasuke believed without a doubt he had a lot less feeling than anyone else. Inside of him, there, it felt calm. It was empty, quiet and calm. If Sasuke couldn't handle the world anymore, he just completely shrank into himself, because there, there it was calm. For a moment no emotions. For a moment no feelings whatsoever.
-- Both Neji and Gaara were very surprised when Sasuke decided he DID have a little bit of feeling for both of them, by showing them a rare true smile.
---
Blue was for hope.
Though Sasuke had no emotions, he did have a lot of hope. Sasuke lived for hope, and hoped for life.
Hope to become stronger than his brother someday. Hope to revenge his brother by killing him. Hope that, right before Itachi would die, his brother would acknowledge him as more than a `foolish little brother'. Hope to be seen as more than `Itachi's little brother' someday, without anyone help.
Hope that the Uchiha-clan would never be forgotten. Hope to revive his clan someday. Hope that his clan would be as prestigious and alive as it used to be someday.
Hope that Naruto would never become stronger than him. Hope that Sakura would just see he wasn't as great as she thought he was. Hope that Kakashi-Sensei would just show up on time for training -just ONCE!-, so Sasuke wouldn't have to spend entire mornings waiting.
-- Hope that both Gaara and Neji understood how much they meant to him, even though he would never be able to tell him with words.

Yes, as you can see, Uchiha Sasuke was a very blue person.