Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Respect & Understanding ❯ Head Strong ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto I just like to write my insanely obsessed Kaka/Saku fanfiction…
 
Author's Note: Sorry it's so short, read the Footnote to find out why!
 
Chapter 5: Head Strong
 
She was near the outskirts of Konoha staring at the backside of a 12 year old Uchiha Sasuke. Tears were streaming down her face as she professed her love to the dark haired boy. She was desperately trying to persuade him to stay.
 
“Please, don't go. I love you Sasuke! If you stay, I promise to do everything I can to make you happy! So, please don't go!” Hot tears were streaming down her face. Sobs wracked her body.
 
`Didn't this already happen? Isn't Sasuke dead?'
 
The dark haired boy turned his cold stare to her over his shoulder.
 
“You say you love me Sakura, but can you prove it?” She felt that she did love him. She loved him with all of her heart and she had for a very long time.
 
“Yes, of course Sasuke-kun. I'll do anything! Just please tell me what I can do to make you stay!”
 
`Was this right?'
 
“Tell me what the scroll said Sakura and I'll stay.” She was confused now.
 
“Scroll, what scroll Sasuke-kun?” 12 year old Sasuke turned to face her with his blood red sharingan eyes piercing her own. The cursed seal leaked from its spot on his shoulder and slowly crept over his face. His sneer was evil incarnate.
 
“Tell me what the scroll said Sakura; do not play dumb with me!”
 
`This isn't right…it didn't happen this way. Am I dreaming?'
 
“Wait, you're not Sasuke-kun! Sasuke-kun is dead! I'm not 12 years old either damn it, I'm 24!” Sakura screamed at the boy in front of her who in turn cackled while closing the distance between them.
 
`If this is a dream, wake up damn it! Come on, wake up!'
 
The vision before her began to swirl and blur. Soon she found herself sitting in the dark strapped to a chair. Her body ached, burned, and possibly bled all over. Her hands were tied painfully behind her back. Suddenly, she felt like she wasn't alone. The whisper near her left ear confirmed her fears.
 
“I'm known to break a person without even laying a single finger on them. A young one like you will have no defense against me. Resign yourself to your fate. Tell me what was written in the scroll!”
 
`That sounds an awful lot like Morino Ibiki…' Just as she realized this something else hit her and this new bit of information made her stomach drop. She felt like crying, but instead that hollow laughter from before returned and it echoed in the darkness around them.
`…oh…. My…god…. He can't be serious, can he?'
 
Her body ached and she was so tired. She knew where this was going and it angered her even more if that was possible. She would have stamped her feet like a little child if she was able to, but in her tied up position the attempt was futile.
 
`Whose bright idea was this? How the hell am I supposed to take this seriously?'
 
“I can make you relive your worst nightmares and even create a few new ones. Would you like that? Why don't I give you a taste of what I can do and then see if you feel like talking shall we?”
 
`I swear to Kami Kakashi the next time I see you I'll…'
 
Sakura's train of thought was completely derailed once her vision blurred yet again. She was still strapped to her chair, but instead of being surrounded by darkness she was enveloped in a memory, a memory she didn't want to see.
 
“What makes you think that you can stop me? I have the same abilities as you! My strength is fueled by bloodlust and power; yours is backed by a sad notion of justice and honor. Kakashi-sensei, you are nothing to me now!”
 
Sasuke's chakra began to visibly twist and turn around his body. The sheer force sent the silver haired ninja sliding back through the dirt yards behind him. The masked man stood his ground as the wind whipped his hair wildly, a hand raised to shield his dark and blood red eye.
 
“I helped make you and l sure as hell intend to break you Sasuke!”
 
Sakura could only sit and watch desperately from the sidelines still strapped to her chair. It was rather odd to see the scene before her, watching herself brace her body from the forces beside Naruto.
 
Sasuke let out a maniacal laugh that resembled a guttural howl. They watched in horror as the black marks covering his body spread and changed form along with his body. The sound of ripping flesh could be heard as two huge clawed hand like wings sprouted from his back.
 
Kakashi's eyes widen in shock. Naruto had never divulged Sasuke's cursed seal phase two form to any of them. He had kept the details of the fight hidden within, too ashamed and too disappointed in his old rival to let the others know. It was done more for Sakura's benefit than anyone.
 
The real Sakura tried to force her eyes closed during the transformation, but a voice and a sharp pain behind her neck forced her lids to stay open.
 
“You will watch, you will watch and relive that pain if you are not going to tell me what I want to know. This can all stop now if you tell me what was written in that scroll.”
 
The voice was low and calm, a contradiction to what she felt. She had been utterly horrified to learn of her “true love's” new powers and form. She had for the first time in her life been frightened of Uchiha Sasuke the boy that had stolen her heart and in that instant her mind.
 
“Kakashi-sensei, your no match for him like this, let me fight him!”
 
Naruto had fought his way through the wind and whirling sand to Kakashi's side. The older shinobi didn't spare his teammate a glance as he dug his sandaled feet into the ground.
 
Sakura held her breath in her chair waiting for what she knew to happen.
 
Kakashi did a short series of seals and then he put his left hand on his right wrist. His one hand began to glow a whitish blue color. Energy circled around his fist, forming his signature move, the lighting edge.
 
Sakura heard the voice she had been expecting to hear.
 
“You must be getting slow in your old age sensei…”
 
In a blink of an eye, before the flare of Kakashi's hand had fully formed, the monstrosity formally known as Sasuke charged forward. Clawed fist met covered face and with an inhuman amount of strength Kakashi was thrown back through tree trunk after tree trunk. He had finally hit the side of the mountain that stopped his flight. His bloodied and bruised body slumped to the floor exposing the newly formed crater in the mountain side.
 
It hurt like hell to see and feel the waves of murderous intent that poured off her first love. It squeezed her heart to know that his blood lust was directed at them. She had left these memories behind a closed door that she no longer held a key to. She never wanted to think of these things much less see and feel them again.
 
She watched as her memory self rushed through the trees toward Kakashi's position. It had taken Naruto shaking her shoulders and yelling in her face to do so. She remembered praying to Kami that he was still alive.
 
Sakura's chest constricted as she watched Naruto's chakra flow crimson in color, his blue eyes changing to match his energy. She didn't want to watch what followed. She would give anything to not be able to witness her two best friend's claw and rip at each other. It had been hard enough the first time.
 
As the first savage blows were traded and Naruto's shoulder was reduced to a bloody mass she turned her head to the side. A rough hand forcefully turned her head back and the blade of the weapon pierced the back of her neck. She could feel her warm blood trickle down the length of her back and then there was that voice again.
 
“It can all stop now; just tell me what I want. What is a little information compared to the pain your feeling right now. What are a few words compared to a life time of memories. I can show you more. I will show you more if you don't cooperate, now tell me what I want.”
 
His last sentence was punctuated with the tip of his weapon forced just a tad bit further into the base of her neck. Sakura never let out a sound as the memory continued before her, but her insides curdled as she watched Sasuke turn to her memory self and move in for the kill.
 
It started with the inhalation of a sharp breath, next the burning of her eyes, then a choked back sob and finally a lone traitorous tear ran down the slope of her cheek. She watched for the second time as Naruto's resengan drilled a hole through the last Uchiha's stomach only to blow out an even larger hole through his back.
 
She watched yet again in a state of shock and horror as the dark haired boy's body was thrown brutally back by the blast and the look of sick realization on the blonde haired boy's face crumbled her defenses. The single tear turned into a Tsunami as her chest heaved and her bound shoulders shook.
 
“You helped kill the man you loved and forced the one that loved you to take his life. Look at you; you are a pathetic excuse for a ninja! Look at your self! You just stood there on the side lines; even your ex-sensei had enough guts to face your enemy even when he knew he was outmatched! You might as well tell me what I want because Konoha doesn't need a pathetic excuse for a Kunoichi like you defending it…!”
 
His words washed over her like acid as she watched her memory self cradle the dead boy's body in her arms. His brutal truth had hit a raw nerve; those had been the exact thoughts that had raced through her mind as she had watched her Sasuke-kun fly through the air the first time.
 
Her bindings bit into her flesh and she could feel the blood dampen her clothes all over her yet again. Her emotional pain mixed with her injuries and produced a clouded sense of reality. She felt the metallic taste in her mouth from biting down on her lower lip. Her sanity had reached its breaking point and she was a hairs breath away from spilling the ridiculous contents of that worthless scroll.
 
She watched her memory self pitifully crawl over to her fallen sensei. She watched as he turned to look at the carnage. She witnessed the pain that flashed for a split second over his eyes. Witnessing her ex-sensei's slight vulnerability for the first time broke something inside her even more so than the howl of grief Naruto emitted.
 
Her jaw unclenched and her mouth opened with words about to be spilled from her lips.
 
`I can't take anymore, I can't do this… that scroll isn't worth this damn pain!'
 
“T-the s-scroll…”
 
Sakura watched as Kakashi sat up and stared at the gruesome scene blankly. She felt bile rise to her throat and she forced it down.
 
“I-it s-said…”
 
Sakura watched as Kakashi wrapped his arms around her memory self's shoulders and she watched how she gave in to his comfort.
 
Then her own thoughts flashed before her eyes inside her head.
 
`As long as he remembers never to give up and no matter what that there are people rooting for him...'
 
She had understood Naruto's hidden meaning then. Next an image of a little yellow bell in her hand surfaced.
 
`I thought I taught you how to look beneath the underneath…'
 
The images cleared from her mind and she was left staring at her memory self still crying into a green vest.
 
`They believe in me.'
 
She felt another sharp pain in her neck reminding her of the other presence in the room.
 
“You were saying.”
 
Then a memory of her self sitting alone on top of her roof the first night back from that horrible mission surfaced. That's when she remembered her silent promise.
 
`I will get stronger. I will not be helpless and I will not be protected. This time I will train and give it my all. This time I won't do it because I want to bring anyone back. I'll do it for myself!'
 
Flashes of her training with Tsunade surfaced next. Memories surfaced of her broken bones and her blood spilled while under the iron fist of the Godiame.
 
`I've gone through hell...'
 
The voice by her ear was menacing.
 
“You were saying.” Her voice was slightly hoarse when she spoke.
 
`The scroll…”
 
`I've come so far…'
 
“The scroll, it said…'
 
`They believe in me…damn it… I believe in my self!'
 
When she spoke next her voice rose with every word. Confidence exploded from every pore of her bruised, battered and bleeding body. Ibiki almost smiled.
 
“…it said… that you are a sorry sadistic son of a bitch that needs to stop asking questions that he'll never get a fucking answer to!”
 
She was tired, she was bleeding and she was fed up. She just wished for the sweet, sweet bliss of unconsciousness. So she did the only thing she could think of. Sakura struggled wildly like a cat that fell into a bathtub of water.
 
In her fit the chair tipped over backwards and in her descent she prayed with all her might that her head would hit hard enough, head trauma be damned. As pain enveloped her and the vision of Morino Ibiki's face blurred to darkness Sakura Haruno smiled. Her last thoughts were…
 
`In your face you sick bastard…'
 
QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
 
 
 
Author's Footnote:
 
Holy Cow that chapter was hard to write! I was at a loss on how to do the mental exam. I knew I wanted it to be interrogation but man I don't even know where half of this stuff came from! It's safe to say I'm only happy with the end…hope it's still an enjoyable read though.
 
Ok! Next chapter, let's see…
 
Sakura wakes up from knocking herself silly!
 
Where is she! Did she pass? Is that Naruto and Kakashi? She's being put where!
 
Next up, Rest and No Relaxation!
 
Thank You for reading! Please feel free to stop in again to check out the next chapter!