Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Respect & Understanding ❯ Large and Growly Bear! I hate mornings! ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto. I am just an obsessed KakaSaku fangirl
 
Author's note: This chapter is somewhat short but for good reason I was busy doing this…
 
Chapter 6: Large and Growly Bear! I hate mornings!
 
As consciousness burst forth upon Sakura, her body twitched. It was still reacting to the lingering memory of the previous events. Her side lurched forward and her last thoughts slipped past her lips.
 
“…bastard…”
 
“D-Did Sakura-chan j-just call me a bastard?”
 
She swore she could hear a familiar chuckling coming from behind the first voice. It hurt to even try to pry her eyes open. The fluorescent lighting burned into her pupils as her lashes fluttered.
 
Before she could even take in the color of the ceiling above her she found blue orbs staring down upon her and they were a little too close at that. She shakily brought up a weak hand to his cheek, intent to push his face away.
 
“…N-Naruto…” Her voice came out in more of a whine than anything.
 
Naruto getting the wrong idea pressed her shaking hand lovingly onto his cheek and stayed where he was. Sakura gave up and settled to turn her face away from her friend to gaze at the other visitor in the room.
 
Kakashi stood with his arms crossed while leaning against the wall. He gave her a little hand raise and an eye crinkle. She smiled in return; it was nice to be back in a familiar place with people who weren't out to kill her. The exam had taken a lot out of her; even though her cuts and bruises had been healed she was still exhausted.
 
`The exam…'
 
“Sakura-chan, I've been worried sick! I've been sitting here waiting for you to wake up since last night! Well, this morning really, but it was still dark outside so I kind of still consider it night time….”
 
“How'd I do?”
 
“H-Huh?” Sapphire eyes blinked down at her confusedly.
 
“I believe she means her exam Naruto.” Kakashi pushed off from the wall to walk forward. He quickly swiped the abandoned stool from behind Naruto's rump. He pulled it up beside her head and slumped down into a slouch, hands ever present in his pockets.
 
“That, dear Sakura-chan is why I am here.” His cheery façade faltered as he took in the glare the disheveled pink haired woman sent him.
 
“Hmph, you're not here because you were worried about me? I should have known someone forced you to…scroll writing bastard…”
 
Kakashi's silver eyebrow rose to his hairline in utter shock at his former students use of fowl language directed at…him self no less.
 
`Bet the sorry hentai reading blockhead thought I forgot about that little tid-bit…'
 
Naruto laughed his head off. Kakashi was finally the one in the woman's bad graces instead of himself. Once the older ninja regained his senses he nervously scratched the back of his head and let out a few forced laughs. Sakura was still glaring daggers at him from her prone position on the hospital bed.
 
“Ah-ha-ha-ha-ha! Sakura-chan must have meant you earlier and not me Kakashi! Looks like you're in real deep shi…” Naruto was silenced with a gloved hand upside the back of his head compliments of the shinobi sitting to his right.
 
“You know it's very unbecoming of a lady to use such foul language, I believe you've been spending a little too much time around our blonde friend here.”
 
She wasn't going to let him off so easily.
 
“I never said I was a lady and you are far from a gentleman…reading your pathetic Icha-Icha…July 23rd…I hope Ero-sennin gets writers block for the rest of the damn year!”
 
Kakashi looked scandalized, but hastily recovered under the guise of a few coughs into his hand.
 
“Well, I was not worried about you Sakura because I knew that you could take care of yourself. Now, do you want to hear how you faired or would you like me to be on my way since you don't seem to be too thrilled with my presence.” Kakashi's voice held a slight edge to it.
 
“I suppose you can stay… granted that you are going to tell me I passed, because if you have any intention of telling me I failed then you can just walk out that door right now…”
 
Kakashi shook his head sadly with his arms crossed over his chest.
 
`Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning…but she did have one hell of a night. I'll let it slide…for now.'
 
“You are to report to ANBU HQ, room 2h at 7am tomorrow morning for your orientation briefing. Don't forget to bring your pass with you or you won't be able to pass through the seal.”
 
Naruto launched himself at her as Sakura flew up to a sitting position taking in the good news. She was so ecstatic that she didn't try to throw off Naruto's bone crushing hug.
 
“Sakura-chan! Sakura-chan! You made it! Congratulations! You're one of us now!”
 
“T-Thank you N-Naruto…air…” Naruto let her go and smiled sheepishly. Then he sighed and spoke.
 
“Well, hate to hug and run but I'm supposed to take Ichigo to the park this afternoon. Oh, Hinata sends her love. She said she's sorry she couldn't wait with me, but she had things to take care of with Neji this morning. You know Hyuuga stuff…”
 
Sakura was well aware of the Hyuuga Clan issues. It had only been recently that Hinata had given over her position as head to Neji. There were still some in the clan who disagreed with the pearly eyed Kunoichi's decision. They do say that over coming adversity is never easy…
 
“Give her and Ichigo my love and tell her that I'll come by later this week.”
 
Naruto leaned in to give her a hug good-bye, this time not so tight. Naruto looked back to Kakashi sitting behind him and then whispered in her ear secretively.
 
“I believed in you too Sakura-chan, but don't let Kakashi fool you. He's the one who called me and told me that you'd been brought in. I think he was worried about you too.”
 
Sakura smiled widely and returned the hug. She watched Naruto slap Kakashi's shoulder in a good-bye as he walked by.
 
“See ya Sakura-chan, Kakashi.”
 
Sakura said a cheery good-bye while Kakashi only put up a hand and waved it over his shoulder once. Then she watched him get up from his stool.
 
“Well, guess that's my queue as well.”
 
She knew he would `poof' any second now, but she had just a few questions that needed to be answered first. She reached out her hand like the strike of lightening and grabbed his wrist before he could get any further in his departure. He stopped, looked down at his wrist, and then at her questioningly.
 
“Please, if you're not busy, please stay. I have a few questions that I'm curious about and since you are the all wise all knowing Hatake Kakashi, the famous Copy….” Kakashi glared at her and interrupted.
 
“I told you before that flattery does not work on me Sakura, try again.”
 
Sakura sighed suppressing a growl.
 
“Yeah, yeah, ok. Will you stay though, come on please? I'm pretty sure you can answer all my questions seeing as how you're an ANBU captain and all and seeing as how I don't see any other ANBU personnel standing in my room…”
 
She gave him her best smile and he sighed dejectedly as he retook his stool.
 
“You are in luck… I happen to have the rest of the day off.” He re-crossed his arms and raised a brow in wait.
 
Sakura's smile widened.
 
“Great! Ok, first question, when do I get my tattoo?” Sakura had not meant to say it like she had a present that she couldn't wait to open. It was just that she had seen Naruto and Kakashi's tattoo on more than one occasion and she had decided that the dark swirl wouldn't look too terrible inked on her own skin. Kakashi merely chuckled as he replied.
 
“Are you sure you wanted to join to help save lives and not just for the body art?”
 
Sakura scoffed at the idea.
 
“Of course not, how could you say such a thing!”
 
Kakashi shrugged a shoulder and raised a gloved hand to his chin feigning thought.
 
“Routinely it's done after your Orientation briefing, so you are in luck. You should be getting yours tomorrow.”
 
Kakashi was almost certain that Sakura's eyes had just sparkled. She shook her head to clear her daze to fire her next question.
 
“Is sword training mandatory and if so is there a class that teaches it?”
 
“Mandatory, yes, although it is required as an essential piece of your equipment and part of your new uniform it is not mandatory to use in battle. I believe you are better suited to your fists and kunai, no?”
 
“That's good to hear, but is there training? I have always thought sword fighting was rather interesting.”
 
“Yes, I could see how you would think so. It is rather a fluid sort of art form. Training is scheduled by your Squad Captain. It's usually given during your personal time off and your sensei is up to your Captain's discretion.”
 
Sakura found this to be rather odd. If it was required why not have the training taught in a dojo type setting with a sword master. Kakashi, ever the mind reader decided to explain further.
 
“You will learn that as ANBU most missions are unexpected and instantaneous. With this irregular type scheduling it would be hard to have training in the type of setting you're no doubt thinking of. It is just easier and more convenient for the squad and the team member if they are taught this way. Depending on your squad captain, he/she could teach you him or herself and also during missions if time and the mission permits.”
 
Sakura nodded thoughtfully mulling over his words.
 
`Guess he's right, but then again when isn't he?'
 
“Any more questions lingering inside that head of yours?”
 
Sakura smirked at him.
 
“Last one, how did you know when I was brought in here and now that I think about it, why did you stay when you could of just had Naruto tell me when I woke up?
 
Kakashi remained in his cool collected stated sitting there with his arms crossed lazily regarding her from his position next to her bed. The slight eye twitch would have gone unnoticed by anyone else, but Haruno Sakura was known to have eyes like a hawk.
 
It always came in handy when pressing an enemy for information; she had gotten rather good at interrogation, but still thousands of years away from Morino Ibiki who shall forever remain in her blackest of books. Kakashi's voice as usual betrayed not the slightest bit of emotion.
 
“I happened to be sitting on my roof reading when they brought you in. You do remember that I happen to live within eye sight of here.”
 
“But, it had to be well passed one in the morning when they brought me in; surely you don't stay up reading that late…”
 
It seemed like she was learning new things about this man everyday, but this new fact didn't settle too well with her.
 
`That can't be healthy…' He seemed to pick up on her thoughts and hurriedly went on to her last question.
 
“I stayed here because although I knew that you were quite capable of passing the exam, when they brought you in you were more or less a bloodied rag doll Sakura.”
 
This made her forget her previous thoughts of explaining to the older ninja why prolonged lack of sleep can be hazardous to one's health. She knew Kakashi was well aware of the facts, obviously he just chose to ignore them. His current words were the closest thing she was going to get to an open admission of the man worrying about her.
 
“So you are human! I can't believe you were actually worried about me.” She gave him her cheekiest grin. He glared.
 
“I'm beginning to think that I made a wrong decision in coming here much less staying.”
 
She smiled sheepishly at him and decided not to push her luck.
 
“Sorry, sorry, I am grateful that you came and that you stayed. You have to understand it's just a bit of a shock to the system you know. This is the first time I've been in the hospital where you actually stayed around till I was awake. I remember the last I was in here. The only clue that you had dropped by was that daisy you left. The nurse had to tell me “some cute silver haired ninja” dropped it off or I would have kept on thinking that it came from Lee-san.
 
Kakashi's eyebrow rose.
 
“Cute?”
 
She forced the blush from her face and tried to nonchalantly wave the word off.
 
“Eh, that was what she said, although I don't believe “cute” is a relative term in your case.”
 
Kakashi simply stared at a loss for words. For one he was waiting on some elaboration from her and two he was slightly shocked that Sakura would be so bold as to say anything on the subject of his attractiveness or lack there of. Sakura took in his look and started back peddling with her words.
 
“W-well, you see “cute” is used when describing puppies or something and we all know you're no puppy…not that I'm implying that you're old or anything!”
 
By this time a look of utter horror crossed her face, inwardly Kakashi was laughing at her state but outwardly his brow rose and he crossed his arms, intent to fluster her even more. He was enjoying the show.
 
“I mean it's not like your old enough to be my father or anything, at least that's what I told Ino after she called you old… But she still thinks that you're pretty hot for an old guy! But she has Chouji now anyway and I can't believe I just told you that…she's so going to kill me…ok shutting up now…”
 
Silence filled the room as Sakura tried in vain to still her beating heart. Her face was as red as a tomato. Kakashi took in the fact that unbeknownst to him a certain blonde Kunoichi, a certainly younger blonde Kunoichi had looked at him as more than her best friend's sensei/team leader.
 
`When did this occur?'
 
Kakashi sat in deep thought, trying to bring up any stray memory that would confirm this new information. Surprisingly enough he couldn't think of a single instance.
 
`Women are a mystery…'
 
Sakura's voice broke into his thoughts.
 
“Ok…well, that's all of my questions. So, I am truly grateful for you being here and all Kakashi , but I believe it's only fair that you should get some sleep as well. You know, 7.5 hours is the recommended time and if you've been here all night…”
 
Kakashi sighed exasperatedly while putting both his hands up to stop her.
 
“Hai, Hai. I'm going, I'm going.” He rose from his stool and walked toward the door.
 
“Kakashi?” His hand was already on the doorknob when he turned back toward her.
 
“Hm?” She was scooting up further in her bed as she gave him a warm smile.
 
“Thanks.” He gave her an eye crinkle and a wave and then he was gone.
 
Sakura flopped back on her bed. She couldn't wait to get her tattoo!
 
QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
 
Author's Footnote:
 
Ok sorry for the short chapter, not much in it, I hope I didn't disappoint.
 
Next chapter
 
Sakura learns sword fighting! Her sensei looks familiar… Sakura begins to think this person maybe a very bad influence! Why does Inner Sakura sound like Ino!
 
Next up!
 
Meet The Squad!
 
Thank You for reading or scanning through!