Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Respect & Understanding ❯ Eve of Change ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto, I just write my little stories...
 
Chapter 13: Eve of Change
 
The Hokage's office seemed rather cramped packed with ten full grown individuals. Tsunade sat gravely at her desk with Shizune and her customary pig off to the side. The elite members of both “Fox Team” and “Dragon Team” crowded around the Godaime silently awaiting the Hokage to start the meeting.
 
Sakura stood stoically in between Naruto and a red haired young man, obviously one of her new teammates. Both she and Naruto had been surprised to see the other team there as well. Kakashi hadn't even looked at her as she had entered. She wasn't sure if she was hurt or glad. At least Yajima and Sasaki had greeted her, at least that was something.
 
`…but why are they here?'
 
Regardless, it looked as though she would be seeing a lot more of the silver haired menace then she would have liked. Truthfully, she felt as though she never wanted to see his masked face again, but another part of her wanted to turn her head and stare at him until his features were permanently etched into her brain.
 
The slam of the blonde Hokage's hand onto her desk focused everyone's attention.
 
“Right, I'll get straight to the point. The scroll that “Dragon Team” snagged is potentially dangerous to Konoha's very existence. Within its cryptic contents lays what we believe to be the secret to Orochimaru's forbidden Kuchiyose: Edo Tensei (Summoning: Impure World Resurrection) Jutsu.”
 
There were a few gasps and grunts heard around the room. The forbidden Jutsu had only been seen by the few ANBU who had watched the epic battle between Orochimaru and the Sandaime. Orochimaru had used the Jutsu to resurrect the first, second, and fourth Hokages, but fortunately the Sandaime had kept the Fourth's coffin from rising from the ground. Now that the Sandaime had passed there was no one who knew how to counter this unholy Jutsu.
 
`If Sound gets their hands on this... we really will be screwed…'
 
From what little information that had been gathered by the eye witnesses that day, it was known that you needed a live sacrifice to resurrect the dead. You could even resurrect more than one person at a time. Sakura could only speculate as to what kind of ritual had to be performed before hand to have this Jutsu work. She guessed that's where the ingredients and the diagram came in.
 
`If they get their hands on this they could bring back Orochimaru and Kabuto…hell anyone that would love to see Konoha demolished. They could even resurrect…Sasuke…'
 
Needless to say, the Hokage's words had turned her stomach cold. If she had to witness Sasuke's death again…she would surely die. Naruto looked as if his mind was running along the same thought. His fists were clenched at his sides. The Hokage continued in a grave voice.
 
“No doubt this is what your dearly departed captive had hinted at Kakashi. With this Jutsu Konoha would indeed be fated to fall. The question still remains however how Thunder Country has become involved. This we do not know. All we do know is that our alliance with them has now vanished.”
 
Sakura didn't find this so surprising seeing as how they were willing to hand over something so destructive to Fire Country's enemy. Tsunade rose from her desk and moved to stand in front of it.
 
“This forbidden Jutsu should have vanished the moment Orochimaru died. No one must uncover the secret to this tainted scroll and that is why I called you eight here tonight.”
 
Tsunade crossed her arms over her ample bosom and stared hard at the Leaf ninja before her. This was going to be a very important mission, a mission that there was no guarantee of coming back from. There stood the son of her childhood friend Sakumo, a little ways down stood her loud and obnoxious replacement, and next to him stood her beloved apprentice.
 
The rest were Leaf ninja and just like her children, but these three stood out the most. How could she ask them to do this? Of course they weren't the best for nothing and that's why she had called on their services.
 
Sakura was starting to get a bad feeling about what Tsunade's next words might be.
 
“Your mission is to infiltrate Sound and destroy that other half of the scroll.”
 
Sakura felt Naruto cross his arms beside her and could guess that the Kyuubi-container held that definitive smirk; it was evident in the pleased grunt he gave.
 
`Leave it to a male to find breaking into an enemy village an amusing challenge…'
 
Sakura vaguely wandered if her two teammates shared her new Captain's enthusiasm, but dared not to look as Tsunade continued to address them.
 
“I wanted to move on this situation earlier, but I was forced to wait for further recon information before I assembled you.”
 
Shizune handed the boxum blonde papers over the Hokage's shoulder. The Hokage sorted through them and handed each Squad captain a folder. She then withdrew a scroll and spread it out over her desk. She beckoned the others to take a look.
 
Sakura saw that it was a map of the village of Sound. Buildings were marked and intersected with streets and the like. One building had a red circle around it.
 
“Right, this is an overhead layout of the village. Captains, you each have one in your folder as well. Now it is said that the scroll is kept in a vault here.”
 
Tsunade pointed to the building with the red circle around it.”
 
`You've got to be kidding me….its in the middle of the damn village!'
 
Sakura fought hard to keep the scowl from showing on her face.
 
“Now we know that it is guarded but by whom we don't know. We have a rough estimate of 4 shinobi at a given time. The leader of the village is currently a man named Raiu. He's an S-Class criminal from the Hidden Village of Mist.”
 
`First there was Zabuza, then there's Kisame, oh let's not forget Raiga and now there's a Raiu…? Mist must not be the nicest place to live…'
 
“He's a master wind user. From what was gathered his skills are suppose to rival that of Baki of the sand.”
 
Baki had been the sand siblings' sensei and the same man that was later found out to have killed Hayate. Even through the years Sasaki's jaw still clenched upon hearing the man's name.
 
“I'll leave the exact details of the mission up to your Squad Leaders. No doubt you will want to assess the situation at Sound first hand. That's fine. I ask only that you start as soon as possible, tomorrow to be exact. I will grant you this night to spend with your loved ones…”
 
`Because we may not be coming back…Isn't that what you mean Tsunade?'
 
Sakura felt it fine either way. She had no loved ones left. Her last loved one, who she considered family, was going along with her acting as her new Captain. In a way she was glad she was going.
 
`At least I can watch over Naruto….make sure he comes back to Hinata and Ichigo.'
 
“If you have no further questions then I believe you are dismissed. Good luck and may Kami watch over you.”
 
As they all turned to leave Sasaki caught Sakura's arm, the older woman smiled at her.
 
“I'm glad we get to work together again Sakura…even though it's a risky mission…”
 
Sakura returned the purple haired woman's smile.
 
“Me too.”
 
Sasaki walked on and then Yajima clapped Sakura on the shoulder imparting his own smile.
 
“Yo Sakura, glad we get to kick some butt together.”
 
Sakura smirked at him playfully.
 
“What's the matter? Can't do anything with out me?”
 
The Iruka look-a-like laughed heartily.
 
“Aw, you know it!”
 
As the eight ANBU members reached the outside of the Hokage's office Naruto and Kakashi shared a look. Kakashi nodded at Naruto silently giving him an ok to take point. The blonde man loudly cleared his throat to catch everyone's attention.
 
“Ok! You all heard Baa-chan! Tomorrow, bright an early, I want everyone to meet at the front gates! Ok, let's say 7am.”
 
Naruto crossed his arms and puffed out his chest trying to look imposing. The look was lost on the young man. They all knew him too well. Sakura tried to suppress her giggle.
 
`Having Naruto as a leader is sure going to be interesting to say the least…'
 
“Stragglers will be severely punished!”
 
Naruto narrowed his eyes as he cast his glance around at the faces before him. His hardened jaw unclenched into a smirk as his eyes rested on the older silver haired ninja.
 
“This means you too Kakashi!”
 
Needless to say Kakashi did not look amused. He crossed his arms and raised a silver eyebrow. Naruto rubbed the back of his blonde locks as he laughed nervously.
 
“W-Well in that case you're all dismissed.”
 
As Sakura turned to walk down the staircase she vaguely wondered if Kakashi would try to speak to her. She knew his penchant for clearing the bad vibes before an important mission and you couldn't get anything more important than this one.
 
But as she walked out the glass front doors he didn't call her name. Actually she didn't feel his familiar chakra signature at all.
 
`He's probably already `poofed' home by now.'
 
As she gazed at his yellow apartment building across from her, Naruto's voice filled her ear.
 
“Sakura-chan, I'll introduce you to the guys tomorrow ok? They're really nice; I just know you'll all work great together!”
 
Sakura laughed at his undying enthusiasm.
 
“I'm sure we will Naruto. I plan to do my best for my Captain.”
 
Naruto blue eyes seemed to water at her statement and Sakura quickly started to become alarmed.
 
`Tell me he's not going to…'
 
Naruto threw his arms around her in a bone crushing hug. His whiskered face was buried deep into her neck. Sakura could swear she heard sniffles.
 
“Naruto…!”
 
The blonde haired ANBU member quickly pulled back and faced away from her. His voice slightly quivered as he spoke.
 
“S-Sorry Sakura-chan, y-you just don't know how much…that means to me…”
 
Sakura rolled her eyes but gave him a warm smile while ruffling his hair.
 
“Naruto, you're supposed to be my Captain now. So quit acting like a big baby you dope.”
 
Naruto pouted but beamed at her next words.
 
“Oh well, you know I guess it can't be helped. This is you we're talking about…”
 
Naruto's face became serious as he regarded the pink haired kunoichi.
 
“Sakura-chan, are you gonna be alright? Did you want to talk about what got you so upset earlier?”
 
Sakura scoffed.
 
“And take you away from your family! I don't think so, besides I'm fine now.”
 
Naruto quirked a skeptical blonde eye brow as he crossed his arms.
 
Sakura gave him a winning smile.
 
“Really Naruto, I'm fine.”
 
Naruto shrugged as his face fell back into an easy smile.
 
“Alright Sakura-chan, if you say so! Goodnight then!”
 
“Goodnight Naruto.”
 
Sakura watched her favorite Leaf shinobi take off into the night; obviously going home to spend what could be his last night with his family.
 
As Sakura stood there alone in front of their HQ, her eyes couldn't help but stray back to the yellow building across the street. As she stood there gazing at its peeling paint, her legs suddenly got the violent urge to move. It was like she couldn't stop herself.
 
`What am I doing? I don't want to see him!'
 
This could be her last peaceful night in Konoha, she didn't want to spend the rest of the night yelling and getting no sleep in the process. Inner Sakura spoke up suddenly.
 
`You want to see him. Admit it.'
 
In actuality she did and very much so. Sakura knew that Tsunade's words had meant to not waste this time alone. Right now she didn't want to be alone. She wanted to be with him. She wanted to be with Kakashi even though he obviously didn't want to be with her.
 
Besides there was no way she could go on this mission with things the way they were between them.
 
`But hadn't he already said everything he had meant to?'
 
Sakura felt the answer to be a yes since Kakashi had up and left. Inner Sakura's voice was a mere whisper in her ear as she spoke.
 
`Who says you should talk…'
 
Sakura felt scandalized, but Inner Sakura wasn't finished.
 
`You don't want to be alone tonight and no matter what he might say he doesn't either. This could be your last chance on earth to be with a man. Don't you want it to be with him? He may have sounded like Sasuke earlier, but you and I both know he's nothing like him. He admitted he has feelings for you. Wouldn't you want to have this last beautiful memory to call upon during your last moments of life?'
 
Sakura scoffed.
 
`Come on, even Tsunade knows the risk is abnormally high this time. It's more than just possible.'
 
Sakura silently argued that he would stop her efforts even if she tried. Inner Sakura had an answer for that one as well.
 
`Then don't let him….Think of this as closure if you will.'
 
Sakura's mind was still undecided but apparently her body had made a decision. She was currently standing in front of a white cracked door with the numbers 113 on it. Her hand was already raised to knock. Inner Sakura smiled evilly once her knuckles met wood.
 
`It's too late now for any doubts, you silly girl. You want this. I want this. No matter what, he's going to want this too.'
 
Sakura knocked twice and then waited with baited breath. No answer. Sakura argued again with herself that he obviously knew it was her and wouldn't answer. Inner Sakura ignored this.
 
`He'll answer.'
 
Sakura found herself knocking on the door again, this time a little harder. She waited.
 
Soon she heard the tell tale sign of footsteps behind the door. She sucked in a breath as the door was swung open.
 
Sakura simply stared at the vision before her. Kakashi had paused in his motion of running a fluffy white towel through his hair. He had obviously gotten out of the shower. He was wearing nothing but the bottom half of their standard issue Jounin uniform. He wore no mask or headband and his skin was still damp from the shower. His wet silver hair hung low over his sharingan eye.
 
Sakura's eyes seemed transfixed as a single droplet of water fell from the end of a silver strand. It seemed to move as if in slow motion before her. It landed with an almost audible `plop' onto his collar bone in the silence between them.
 
Her eyes watched as it began its slow, agonizing journey from his collar bone to the center of his chest. She watched the bit of moisture's decent as it followed the slight indent of his body created from years of hard training. She watched it finally pool and merge with the small body of water running down his tight and toned belly.
 
Inner Sakura cackled wildly.
 
`Tell me you don't want this!'
 
Actually Sakura couldn't utter a word at the moment. She was too busy noticing how those black pants seemed to ride dangerously low on his hips.
 
Kakashi's voice unfortunately snapped her out of her lust induced haze.
 
“Sakura…?”
 
She forced her gaze back to his face. He had draped the towel over his right shoulder. As he stuffed his hands into his pockets Sakura desperately tried not to notice how the action made his waist band dip even lower.
 
Inner Sakura smacked her lips as Sakura finally found her words.
 
“Can I come in?”
 
`Good girl, start simple. Lull him in to a false security…let him think he has the upper hand by having the “home team advantage”….'
 
Kakashi's brows knitted and he stayed silent, after another moments silence he moved aside allowing her entrance.
 
Sakura walked into the small apartment. The only light on was the illumination coming from the open bathroom door.
 
Kakashi closed the door behind her and moved to turn on the light switch.
 
`Come on girl, this is your chance! Pounce!'
 
Sakura didn't have to be told twice. Sakura swiftly and silently moved behind him. Kakashi's body stiffened as he felt strong feminine arms wrap around him.
 
Sakura pressed her body to his half naked back. She placed her palms flat on his chest and turned her head to press her cheek into his shower warmed skin.
 
“Sakura…”
 
Kakashi quickly grabbed both of her wrists and turned to face her. His face displayed his shock and slight anger.
 
“Sakura…what are you…”
 
She quickly cut him off as she pressed herself to his chest. Kakashi still held her wrists near her shoulders.
 
“I didn't come here to talk.”
 
Kakashi raised an eye as he scowled.
 
“I see that now. Sakura I told you before…”
 
“…and I told you I didn't come here to talk.”
 
She pressed her lower body onto his and reached up with her lips intent to capture his own.
 
Kakashi twisted her wrists behind her so that she now faced way from him. Her hands and arms were pressed painfully between his body and her back. She could feel his breath on the top of her hair as he spoke; his voice was gruff this time.
 
“Don't do this Sakura.”
 
Sakura's voice was a low growl as she answered. She tried to lean her head back to look at him.
 
“I'm not asking for tomorrow Kakashi. I'm only asking for tonight.”
 
Kakashi pulled on her wrists between them and pressed his body closer to her so he could whisper in her ear. His voice sounded strained.
 
“I can't do that.”
 
Sakura seemed to switch tactics.
 
“I promise that if you still feel the same in the morning…I'll move on. I can't do this mission with the way things are between us. We both know this may be our last chance to be with the opposite sex and I'm not ashamed to say I want to do this with you.”
 
His silence at least meant that she had swayed him somewhat. Her words had been truthful. If they shared this intimate moment and he still pushed her away, well she would go. Reluctantly, hurt and utterly disappointed but she would go just the same. At least it would be some form of closer. At least she would have this beautiful night to remember in her dreams, at least that's what Inner Sakura kept feeding her.
 
“Let me have this. Let me have you, if only for tonight.”
 
The silence began to press in on her as the seconds ticked by. Sakura was almost positive he was going to throw her out. She closed her eyes and leaned her head back to one side dejectedly. His grip on her wrists tightened and he pulled her tighter against him. Sakura felt him lower his head again, obviously to tell her to leave.
 
Needless to say she was startled when she felt his hot mouth press against the side of her neck. She sucked in a breath as that mouth slowly slid down the side of her throat. Whatever doubts Inner Sakura hadn't eased completely vanished now.
 
She tilted her head even further to the side to give him more access. His silver hair tickled her ear as he lavished her neck and what exposed shoulder he could reach with his tongue. His voice was low, deep, and ragged when he spoke next.
 
“I want you…”
 
His words and actions lit that familiar fire his kisses seemed to invoke. She wanted this. She wanted him and this time Sound Ninjas or even the Hokage herself be damned. She would have him.
 
She felt his grip on her wrists disappear and she quickly made use of them. She brought up one hand to twist in his hair while she threw the other she over her shoulder to feel the warmth of his strong back. Kakashi quickly set about using his own hands. One firmly gripped her hip and roughly pushed her back into him as his other hand pulled at her collar, exposing more of her shoulder.
 
His open mouth kisses on her tingling flesh made thought all but impossible. All that remained was the need. The need to claim him, to brand him, to take him, if this was going to be the only night they had together, then by Kami she would do it her way. Words seemed to flow freely, conjured and formed from her need.
 
“Mine…”
 
Kakashi's only reply was to slip his hands under the buckles of her white vest. In a flash he tossed it to the side. Next his nimble fingers were under the hem of her shirt and slowly inch by inch he slid his hands up the curve of her side bringing the shirt higher and higher. When the shirt was finally discarded, she was left in only her tight black pants and white cloth binding.
 
Kakashi nudged her head the other way with his cheek and started lavishing the other side of her neck. Sakura's passion fogged mind didn't even take in the fact that one of his hands had sneaked into her hip pouch. She wasn't aware he was now armed with a kunai….
 
…at least she wasn't until she felt her bindings suddenly fall away. Sakura's eyes opened wide at the realization that he had just cut a piece of her clothing off. Sakura's eyes widen even more when she felt him spin her kunai on his finger and then flick his wrist. She inhaled a sharp breath as she heard the weapon sink into a spot on the wall by the light switch. The darkness descended upon them.
 
`Holy sh…'
 
His voice was the deepest she had ever heard when his hands slid from her hips and over her tight tummy to find their place, covering her chest. His hands molded around her like they had always belonged there.
 
“Mine…”
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxx
 
Needless to say, neither one got much sleep that night. Words of ownership continued to rain down upon them from each other's lips. Would those words still be there in the morning when they woke? Sakura wasn't sure. Did she mean them when she said those words as she finally fell over that edge called bliss?
 
Your damn right she did. Did he mean them when he watched her reach that edge more times than he could count? You bet your ass. Would he still say them in the morning? Only Kakashi could answer that question and right now his mind was only on one thing, the feel of the woman currently sleeping peacefully in his arms.
 
“You are an amazing woman….”
 
Sakura didn't hear his words. She was already heavily under the influence of the sandman. Kakashi truly meant these words, not just for the mind numbing bliss she had just given him. She was the only woman that had ever made him feel alive, like there was still hope left in his pathetic life.
 
Hope was something he didn't believe he deserved. He was the one left behind, the only one who survived whilst his friends and family had died. He paid homage to the dead at the memorial every day as an apology that he had survived in their place.
 
Hope was also something he was afraid to believe in. If he let Sakura into his heart…if he let one more person into his heart…if something happened to her… The pain alone would surely kill him. A wound created by a weapon will heal with time, but the wounds of the heart would not. Kakashi had lots of experience with this fact.
 
As he laid there behind his pink haired lover, propped up on an elbow, he gazed down at her serene features.
 
`Sakura, I can't give you what you want.'
 
It had hit him after he had left her house that night why those words had obviously affected her so. He realized, as he had been called to see the Hokage, exactly who had said them in the first place. It had made him sick to his stomach to have stabbed that same knife into her heart. His meaning behind the words had been no where near the same as the Uchiha's, but he had said them just the same.
 
Sasuke had meant that he couldn't love her in return because he felt nothing but hate and revenge and he simply felt nothing at all for her.
 
Kakashi meant that he couldn't make her happy in the way that she deserved. He wasn't the type of man to marry and have a family. It would seem absurd to some to think about such far off things in their situation, but when dealing with scarred hearts like their own, you were either in it for the long haul or not at all.
 
He wouldn't make her a widow and he had vowed that he would never leave a child fatherless. He knew that hurt and he never wanted his son or daughter to feel it.
 
His was a shinobi and that's all he knew. That's all he lived for. Kakashi had an inkling as to what her dreams consisted of. He had seen it written all over her face when she had first introduced herself to him so many years ago.
 
Kakashi brushed a stray pink strand of hair off Sakura's forehead. His brows knitted as he continued to gaze at her.
 
For the first time in his life as he laid there next to the woman he had come to care deeply for, if but only a second, he found himself wishing he lead another life, another profession. Then as quickly as it came, it disappeared. This was his life, the only life he knew.
 
Sakura turned in her sleep and hugged him like she would a big stuffed teddy bear. She sighed contently as she laid her head on him. Kakashi's frown disappeared into a genuine smile.
 
He ran a hand through her slightly sweat dampened hair and sighed a contented sigh.
 
Sakura murmured in her sleep as he pulled her closer.
 
The words that fell quietly from between her sleepy parted lips made his hand freeze in her hair.
 
“…love you…”
 
His heart soared toward the sky… and then came crashing back to reality. His heart constricted painfully.
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 
It was early morning in the peaceful village of Konoha. The sun had not even begun to rise. Animals scampered to and fro outside the peaceful walls as most shinobi lay tucked in their beds.
 
There was one Leaf ninja who was not afforded such luxuries at this time. The name of this most unfortunate soul happened to be one Takachi Junko. Now Junko was only one of a handful of shinobi who remained awake, but for the time being let's just focus on our friend Junko here.
 
Our man Junko had just turned eighteen, oh about a week or so ago. He had soft crimson hair and even softer honey brown eyes. His smile was infectious and everyone seemed to get along with him.
 
A few months ago he had even managed to capture his Academy sweetheart's hand in marriage. Oh, he had been living the high life let me tell you when said wife came home with the news that they were now with child. Life couldn't be sweeter for the young man.
 
He was a Chuunin, just had his birthday, was married to the kunoichi of his dreams, and on top of that was expecting to have his first child, one of many more he hoped to have.
 
Junko was quit comfortable with his position in the village as well. He had just been appointed Ten-Ten-san's personal assistant in the Academy where he had first met his beautiful wife. It was a position he had always wanted. He loved kids and looked forward to be able to help mold young minds. It was also a position that afforded a safe comfort for him and his family, that was soon to be plus one.
 
Occasionally since he was still just an assistant and since the village was still in Alert-Bravo, Junko found him self pulling guard duty. Our red headed friend didn't mind his new duty at all; he kind of liked looking out over the forest from his guard tower. He found watching the rise of the sun to be breathtaking. He had only started to notice such things since he had been assigned this new duty.
 
Junko mused that a person would notice the little things when there wasn't much else to do.
 
The thought made him quietly laugh to himself and his mirth earned a raised eyebrow from his sleepy eyed friend keeping watch next to him.
 
Unfortunately for the jubilant younth, he would end up leaving behind his beautiful wife Sakumi and his unborn baby boy who would later be named after him. Junko's hopes and dreams died with him the moment a kunai slid across his throat from behind from a temporarily invisible enemy.
 
Fortunately for the rest of Konohagakure, Junko's fellow guardsman and good friend was able to hit the alarm before his life too was snuffed out at such a young age.
 
Their deaths may be tragic and untimely yes, but their deaths were still heroic for they had died in the line of duty. They were protecting the people of the village they so loved. Junko was protecting his unborn child and his beloved wife and his fellow friend was protecting the village his father had died trying to save in the last raid.
 
Unfortunately, their deaths were the first of many to follow as Sound & Cloud converged upon their target. Konohagakure would fall for certain as soon as they retrieved the scroll that their spies had told them was locked away in the Hokage's office. For the time being they would have to rely on their sheer numbers and hate.
 
Raiu, the main Raid Commander, formally from the Hidden Village of Mist was more than a little pissed off. One of his incompetent men had allowed their enemies alert to ring out. If the man in question didn't die by a pathetic Leaf ninja then he would make sure the idiotic fool died by his own hands, once Konoha was destroyed of course.
 
As Raiu stood there watching his so called ally start his summoning, he still couldn't get that shrill ringing out of his ears.
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 
Both Kakashi and Sakura bolted upright naked in bed. The darkness surrounded them, and their eyes were still blurry from sleep, but the unmistakable sound of the village alarm was crystal clear.
 
In the next instant Kakashi had flipped on the light and both sets of hands were busy hurriedly pulling on clothes and weapons.
 
All talk had been quickly forgotten as both elite Leaf shinobi rushed to defend their home, their friends, and each other.
 
The only thing shared between them was a quick look before both set off in different directions; Kakashi to gather the rest of his team and Sakura to find her Captain.
 
The look they had shared conveyed one thought and one thought only. That thought was…
 
`Don't even think about dying.'
 
QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
 
Author's Note:
 
Ok…first off I had wanted to portray that Sakura was indeed a strong woman in this story and I thought that as a strong woman she wouldn't wait for him to find her and `clear the air' so to speak. She's a strong woman who knows what she wants and takes it.
 
The whole `Junko' thing just sorta came to me as my fingers started flying. I wanted to portray a comparison to what Kakashi is afraid of and also show the tragic events of war. You know how, everyone has family who will miss them if they die and how every one has their reasons for fighting the good fight.
 
For those who love action it's save to say that the next chapters will have it all crammed in there.
 
Does Kakashi's thought at the end mean he's made up his mind about his relationship with Sakura? Hehehehehe only time will tell….
 
Hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I cut a lot out of the whole `Sakura & Kakashi' scene. I didn't want anyone to faint from an excessive amount of blood loss due to a nosebleed. I hope I left it still somewhat steamy but not too steamy for here.
 
 
 
Thank You again for reading!