Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Running Home ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine.
Now established KakaIru. Harry will either be no pairing or with Neji.
 
Chapter 6
 
 
Iruka tore into the room, weapons in hand and ready to defend his cousin from any attackers only to stare in shock at the sight of Harry writhing on his bed, locked in a nightmare. Weapons vanished as he moved to the bed and gently placed a hand on Harry's shoulder only to pull back as the teen lashed out.
 
“Harry wake up, it's just a dream.” He called as his cousin continued to twist and scream in his sleep. Harry jerked away and seeing a figure leaning over him threw himself into the nearest corner, curling up to protect his body while babbling.
 
“Sorry…so sorry Uncle. Please don't hit me. I'll be good. Please.” Iruka had frozen as Harry had moved to the corner but upon hearing that he was moving again. He knelt in front of Harry and gently reached out to cup his face.
 
“Harry look at me. It's Iruka, not your uncle. You're safe here, whatever you saw was a dream.” Iruka kept talking as he slowly moved into a better position and then cradled the scared teen in his arms, rocking him gently. He nodded at the shadowy figure in the doorway and it left without Harry noticing. He smiled as he felt Harry slowly relaxing in his arms, so much for Tsunade's jutsu lasting six hours, it had only been three.
 
“Iruka?” Harry finally asked, voice hoarse from his screams and crying.
 
“Yeah, you okay now?”
 
“I'm sorry.” Harry whispered.
 
“For what? This? Everyone has nightmares sometime Harry. Though that seemed a little more violent than the usual.”
 
“I…” Harry went tense and Iruka sighed, he knew the teen wouldn't just suddenly open up to him just because they were family.
 
“You don't have to tell me Harry. Let's get you back to bed, Hokage-sama let you out on the understanding that you would get plenty of sleep.” Iruka stood, helping Harry to his feet. It was only then that Harry realised they were no longer in the hospital.
 
“Where are we?” He asked, looking around at the unadorned room curiously.
 
“My house, your home now. This will be your room, we can work on it and decorate it how you want later.” Iruka explained.
“I think the grand tour can wait until tomorrow.” He helped Harry back into bed and tucked him, making the teen blush from embarrassment but Iruka could see that he was enjoying the attention.
“Just call if you need anything.” Harry nodded and got comfortable, quickly drifting back off to sleep and Iruka left the room.
 
“Everything okay?” The chuunin smiled and stepped into Kakashi's embrace.
 
“Nightmare, he's asleep now. The way he was screaming…I seriously thought he was being attacked.” Iruka was content to just stay in the warmth of his lovers arms and not move but his stomach reminded him that he hadn't eaten since lunch.
“Dinner?”
 
“Thanks.” Kakashi smiled as he watched Iruka move around the kitchen. He was a little worried about what they were going to do now. Their relationship was a complete secret but now with Harry living with Iruka how would they be together?
 
“Don't worry about it.” Iruka stated quietly, startling Kakashi and making the smaller man smile.
“We'll work something out, somehow. I'm not losing you.” Iruka finished quietly, moving in to steal a kiss before returning to his cooking.
 
“By the way, Ves is in your room.” Iruka rolled his eyes.
 
“Thanks. Any problems smuggling her here?”
 
“None. You okay with sharing a house with a highly deadly snake?”
 
“Guess I'll have to get used to her.” Iruka shrugged.
“Where did you find Harry?”
 
“Iruka…”
 
“I know, don't ask about your missions. I'm sorry.” Iruka leant back as Kakashi moved behind him and wrapped his arms around the chuunin's waist.
 
“Let's just say that his first impression of shinobi wasn't the best and that he's handy in a tight situation. Not bad at first aid either.” Kakashi buried his face in Iruka's hair and smiled.
“He's different now to how he was when we met. He's a lot less secure and confident then he was.”
 
“Maybe it was the circumstances? By the sounds of it you were in a fight or something so maybe he can handle a fight but isn't as sure when around new people. He's affection starved Kakashi, the same as Naruto when I first started showing him I was there for him. Does it sound weird that I want to know who hurt him and why and fix it? I don't even know him!” Iruka shook his head, frustrated and heard Kakashi sigh before he was turned in his arms and found himself staring into his lover's unmasked face.
 
“No it doesn't, I found myself feeling protective of him pretty quickly too. He hasn't had an easy life, not as bad as some shinobi but still not easy. There's a lot of hurt and fear below the surface Ruka, he needs help.” Iruka moved and kissed Kakashi softly.
 
“Then he'll get it.”
 
----------------------------------
“Good morning Harry.” Iruka greeted as the teen stumbled into the kitchen. Harry blinked sleepily before muttering a hello and collapsing into a chair. Iruka chuckled and put a plate of food down in front of him. The smell finished waking the teen up and he stared at the plate in shock.
“Eat up, we need to do some shopping. You can't wear my clothes all the time and we need to personalise your room.” Harry shocked look hadn't disappeared but it had changed targets from his breakfast to his cousin, much to Iruka's amusement.
 
“You don't have to go to any trouble for me.” Harry murmured, slowly beginning to eat the, to him, strange food. He still wasn't used to the local cuisine but he would adjust, at least he was being fed regularly.
 
“I know that but I want to. We're family Harry and that's something I haven't had in a long time.” Iruka smiled and ruffled Harry's hair, ignoring the teen's flinch.
“Eat up and then we'll go. Also, you might want to start thinking about what you want to do. I could see about getting you a tutor if you want to learn more about our world. You could find a job somewhere if you want to but there's no rush. There aren't a lot of teens your age around since the majority are shinobi but there are some since a village can't survive with only ninja. I have to be at the Academy tomorrow so you'll be on your own for the day and most of the time after that. After class I work at the missions office for a few hours but I'm home on the weekends unless a mission comes up that they need someone to take and there's no one else free or I need to do one to keep my record up.” Iruka explained and Harry nodded.
“Go get dressed and we'll get started Harry.” The teen went back to his room and put the oversized pants he'd received the day before back on, tucking the shirt that he'd slept in into them. When he came back out he smiled.
 
“Hello Kakashi.” He greeted the masked man.
 
“Yo. Hokage sent me with a gift.” He tossed something and Harry caught it easily to Iruka's surprise but he wasn't the youngest Seeker in a century for nothing. Harry frowned slightly at the wallet but opened it only to stare blankly at the money inside before looking back up at the two adults.
 
“I don't understand.”
 
“A reward for saving a shinobi's life, twice. I owe you Harry.” The teen blushed slightly but smiled, thinking about something.
 
“My name stands out, doesn't it?” The other two males gave him odd looks but nodded anyway.
 
“Since you come from a remote rural area but still from our world your name will stand out.” Kakashi confirmed.
 
“Your clan name is easy enough, you are an Umino after all.” Iruka told him, smiling as Harry focused on him.
“But Umino Harry still sounds a little…”
 
“Odd?” Harry quirked an eyebrow and Iruka nodded.
“So what if I change it? Pick something more local.”
 
“Don't see any reason why you can't. You haven't been introduced to anyone and the records from your stay in hospital have been sealed due to the reason you were there and your abilities. By the way, you can't tell anyone where we met or what happened.” Kakashi explained and Harry gave him a puzzled look.
 
“Because it was a classified mission I was on and we don't want you to be the subject of kidnap or assassination attempts if word if your abilities gets out.”
 
“Good reason.” Harry conceded.
“So, any suggestions? Need a name in case we meet anyone.”
 
“Lets go see the Hokage, she'll need to know you're changing your name. I'll take Harry Iruka-sensei.” Kakashi rested a hand on Harry's shoulder and they disappeared in a flurry of leaves, Iruka following them.
 
------------------------------
Tsunade stared at the three males standing in front of her desk. The teen had a good point; his name would mark him as an Outsider more than his appearance ever would.
 
“I don't see any problems with changing your name Harry. You'll be taking Umino as your clan name I assume?” She asked, looking between the cousins and smiling as Iruka put his hands on Harry's shoulders.
 
“He will.” Iruka smiled down at Harry who smiled back.
 
“Next question is would you prefer to use a name that is in your family or just find one you like the sound of?” Tsunade asked and Harry frowned in thought before looking to Iruka and Kakashi.
 
“Could always give him a baby name book to read.” Kakashi offered with a shrug.
 
“What about Hiroshi?” Iruka offered suddenly.
 
“Umino Hiroshi? The name's vaguely familiar.” Tsunade said, thinking about it and Iruka nodded.
 
“He was my grandfather. I think he would approve of his great grandson bearing his name. Plus it starts with the same letter as your birth name.” He explained, addressing the last to Harry.
“The name means generous.” He continued to explain and Kakashi chuckled.
 
“It suits you.” He pointed out, smiling behind his mask.
 
“Umino Hiroshi.” Harry said slowly, testing it out for himself.
“Are you sure? He was your grandfather.” Harry said looking to his cousin.
 
“He was your family too Harry. He would have liked to meet you, I know it.” Iruka smiled and ruffled the teen's hair, once again ignoring the wince. He would do everything he could to get Harry used to non-painful contact. Harry slowly smiled and nodded.
 
“Welcome to Konoha Umino Hiroshi.” Tsunade smiled at the group.
“I'll have the paperwork done. Now get out of here and get him some clothes that fit!”
 
---------------------------
Harry, now legally Hiroshi, collapsed on the couch much to his companion's amusement. It had been nearly five hours since they had left the Hokage tower and they had finally finished shopping. He was now the proud owner of a wardrobe that actually fit as well as several books and other things that had caught his interest. They had also picked up a few bits of furniture to personalise his new room. All in all it had been a very productive, if tiring day. The left over money had been put in a bank account under his name for the future so that he wouldn't be totally dependant on Iruka.
 
“Hey! I just got out of hospital, give me a break!” the teen grumbled.
 
“Well, as fun as today has been I need to go. See you around Hiroshi, Iruka-sensei.”
 
“Bye, thanks Kakashi.” Hiroshi waved tiredly.
 
“Thank you for your help Kakashi-sensei.” Iruka said politely and then the jounin was gone.
 
“So how long have you two been together?” Iruka froze at the innocent question and turned to see the genuine curiosity on his cousins' face.
 
“What gave you the idea we're together?” Iruka stammered out, nervous.
 
“I can just tell.” Hiroshi shrugged and pushed himself off the couch, gathering the shopping bags.
 
“Hiroshi, you can't tell anyone. Please. He's a jounin and I'm just a chuunin instructor. We have to act as comrades only anywhere in public, even if it seems like we're alone. We can't be caught!” Iruka explained, not wanting to beg. Hiroshi smiled and nodded.
 
“I won't tell anyone, I promise.” With that he disappeared into his room to put away his new belongings before dinner. He smiled as he hung up his new shirts. It looked like life here would be good and without the life of Harry Potter intruding. Anyone who managed to get this far would never find him because Harry Potter didn't exist here.
 
TBC…
About changing his name. Harry Potter would stand out far too much especially with the cover story the Hokage gave him. Found the name and it's meaning on a baby name site, hope it's correct. I'll be calling him Hiroshi for now on, unless he returns to the Wizarding World. What should I shorten it to for a nickname?