Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Running Home ❯ Chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine.
Why is everyone telling me not to kill Kakashi? As if I'd kill him off!
 
Chapter 13
 
 
“You're sending search parties after him, right?” Hiro asked, subtly casting a calming charm at his cousin since he doubted the older man wanted his relationship outed because he lost it in the Hokage's office. He frowned as Tsunade stared down at her paperwork for a few seconds before looking up again.
 
“No, we simply don't have the necessary resources or intelligence to risk it.” She said stiffly and Hiroshi actually growled at her.
 
“If you don't have the information then why the hell was he sent to wherever?” The teen bit out. Iruka, under the effects of Hiro's magic, was remaining remarkable calm from Tsunade's view since he'd just been informed one of his friends was missing but she was more worried about Hiroshi's reaction since her sake glass was rattling dangerously on her desk.
 
“To get said information! We don't know enough so he was sent to gather intelligence. Obviously he was somehow compromised and caught or killed. I don't like it but I can't risk anyone else, even to retrieve Kakashi.” She replied angrily. Did the boy really think she liked abandoning Kakashi? Then again from his previous experiences with those in authority maybe he did. She sighed tiredly, she really hated telling people things like this which is why she rarely did, usually it was a team-mate but since he was on a solo mission and she didn't want anyone else learning of Hiro's abilities if he reacted badly she had to tell him herself.
 
“Where did you send him?”
 
“What? Why?”
 
“Because if you won't send him help I'll go after him.” Hiro stated seriously. Iruka spun to face him, eyes wide.
 
“No way! You're no match for fully-trained shinobi who will be trying to kill you Hiroshi.” The chuunin argued. Hiro opened his mouth to argue but Tsunade cut them both off.
 
“There are no ninja there.” Iruka turned to her with a puzzled look while Hiro's face went blank and then turned to a look of horror.
 
“Tell me you didn't.” He whispered hoarsely. Tsunade couldn't bring herself to meet his eyes.
“Where exactly did you send him?” Hiroshi hissed out. Iruka's eyes widened in shock as he realised what they were saying.
 
“Your information proved that we have lost track of events Outside. He was sent to several countries to gather up to date intelligence.” Tsunade admitted.
 
“Where was he when you last received any communication?” Hiro asked tensely.
 
“Romania.” They stared in surprise as Hiroshi began openly swearing in several languages before Iruka hit him over the head.
 
“Watch your language!” He barked automatically. Both shinobi exchanged worried looks as Hiro began laughing hysterically.
 
“Do you have any idea what you've done?” He asked softly once he finally calmed down. Tsunade arched an eyebrow.
“You have condemned him to death.” He whispered and Iruka paled.
 
“What?” He asked and Hiroshi sent him an apologetic look.
 
“Romania has always been one of the Darker countries and it's only gotten worse since Voldermorts' rebirth. It is home to the largest and deadliest vampire and werewolf clans and has always been a haven for Death Eaters. I had a friend who used to work at the Dragon Reserve there; used to because the month before I came here they were forced to flee for their lives. The country is now one of Voldemorts' main bases. And you sent Kakashi there. I'll leave tonight; hopefully I'll be back within the week with Kakashi, one way or the other. I won't leave his body there if it's too late.”
 
“Hiro…” Iruka looked at his cousin and fell silent, he knew nothing he said would be able to change the teens mind and it scared him. He'd in all likelihood already lost his lover but to loose his cousin too?
 
“Hiroshi you can't.”
 
“Why not? I'm not one of your ninja, you can't order me not to. You've thrown him into my world; I'm the only one here with a chance of getting him out. If not for him I'd probably still be in that cell or worse, I won't abandon him. You've never seen what Death Eaters do to their captives, I have. And if they let the vampires or werewolves have him…” Hiroshi closed his eyes.
“I will not leave him there.” Emerald eyes snapped open in anger and pain.
 
“There is nothing that can be said to change your mind? Kakashi is an elite shinobi, he knew the risks.” Hiro simply glared and shook his head.
“What do you plan to do?”
 
“The goblins refuse to take sides, I can go to them for some information. The rest I'll have to buy. With the extra training I've done here I should be able to take any wizards I run into. The hard part will be getting past any wards, vampires or werewolves but it isn't impossible.” He shrugged.
“I won't be able to make any definite plans till I get there and can look around.” Tsunade stared at him before nodding slowly.
 
“How would having a team at your back change the odds?” She asked carefully.
 
“They'd all have to be fast, vampires are many times faster and stronger than a civilian and they'd still have a considerable advantage over most shinobi.” Hiro told her.
 
“Then team 9 will accompany you, if you honestly believe the chances for success are over fifty-five percent.”
 
“Then you better tell them to pack.” He stated firmly.
 
“Hokage-sama I request permission to go too.” Iruka stated firmly, making the other two look at him in surprise.
“I know I am only a chuunin and an Academy instructor but Hiro has been teaching me how to fight against magic, having another person with some experience along could make all the difference.” Tsunade stared at him and he fought the urge to squirm.
 
“It isn't usually a good idea to send lover's on missions together, or to retrieve each other. Add in the fact that the `mission commander' is your cousin and that makes it worse. If, if, I allowed you to go could you swear to maintain a proper shinobi attitude? You're not known for hiding your emotions Iruka.” He stared at her in shock. They'd been so careful, how had she known?
“I'm the Hokage Iruka-kun, I know all.” She smirked.
“You'll leave tomorrow night, I know you'd rather leave sooner but the team needs to be fully briefed and shown why they should follow someone's orders when that person is a civilian in their eyes. Briefing will be at eleven am, I'll have my decision on wether or not Iruka will be a part of the team then. Either way you should come to the briefing to help explain. Dismissed.”
 
---------------------------------
Hiro put his pack down against the wall, looking around to make sure he had everything he needed.
 
$You'll keep him out of here till I return?&
 
$Yes Harry. Go now and be careful. I should be going with you.$ Vespillo answered but he shook his head.
 
$No, you need to distract Iruka if he tries to come in here. Last thing I need is for him to panic over my disappearing.$
 
$Are those things really important enough to risk it?$ The snake slithered over and he stroked her scales.
 
$If we're going to pull this off then yes. Don't worry, I'll be back before you know it.$ Ves didn't agree with that but didn't say anything as her human disappeared with a soft pop.
 
-------------------------------------
Hiro smiled as he looked around the clearing he and Kakashi had once stayed in briefly. Hopefully it was close enough for what he was going to attempt since he really didn't want to risk getting any closer, despite how confident he had appeared in front of Ves. Closing his eyes he pictured the desired objects and then let his magic flow.
 
“Accio.” HE whispered and then settled in to wait.
 
-------------------------------------
Hiro smiled at team 9 as he slipped into the briefing room beside Iruka.
 
“Harry-san are you okay?” Tenten asked and he smiled.
 
“Just a little tired, I didn't sleep the best last night. She smiled and then caught sight of something shiny around his neck.
 
“That's beautiful! Where did you get it?” Hiro fingered the choker absently.
 
“Something from home I misplaced during the move, only just found it.” He told her and Iruka frowned. He didn't, did he?
 
“Hiroshi what were you doing last night?” Iruka whispered.
 
“Just packing.” Hiro smiled and then turned as Tsunade entered the room. Time to begin.
 
TBC…
Should Iruka go with them? And should Kakashi still be entirely human or should he have a bad encounter with a vampire or werewolf? Opinions please!