Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Running Home ❯ Chapter 24

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine.
 
Chapter 24
 
 
Hiro walked quietly beside Iruka towards the house. So far the feared yelling hadn't really happened but when they got inside? Yeah, he really wanted to put it off.
 
“Hiro? Hey you're back!” They stopped as Kiba nearly barrelled into them.
 
“Hey Kiba, nice to see you too.” Hiro answered with a grin.
 
“Where have you been? Your cousin here wouldn't say anything.” Kiba pointed at Iruka who stood back against the wall, arms crossed.
 
“Had to head home for a bit, unfinished business. It's all done now though so I'm back to stay.” Hiro explained since Kiba wasn't one of the Rookies who knew the truth and it was true enough, in a way.
 
“Good to hear. I'll let everyone know you're back. See you for lunch at the usual?”
 
“If Iruka ever lets me out of the house again.” Hiro answered and Kiba laughed as he walked away.
 
---------------------------
Kakashi looked up as the door opened, Iruka was home awfully early. He put his book down and stood only to freeze as a familiar figure entered, followed by Iruka. He took a half step towards the young man who had changed their lives so much. He was taller and had a few new scars visible but it was his eyes that had changed the most. Gone was the look of hopelessness and pain and in its place was...peace.
 
“Hiro?” Kakashi took another step forward and the teen grinned at him, moving forward to hug the ninjas. Kakashi tensed for a split second before wrapping his arms around the kid.
“It's good to have you back in one piece even if a bit damaged.” Kakashi traced the scar that ran across Hiro's left eyes and then the one that only just missed the main artery in his neck to vanish under his shirt.
 
“Not as bad as they look.” Hiro tried to ignore the scars only to get twin stares from Iruka and Kakashi.
“Can I at least dump my stuff and grab a shower? Then you can interrogate to your heart's content, promise.” It was then that they both saw the well hidden fatigue.
 
“Go get a shower, I'll start on lunch.” Iruka gave Hiro a gentle push towards the hall.
 
“He's exhausted.” Kakashi commented softly as he followed Iruka into the kitchen to watch him cook.
 
“So light food that will give energy but not be heavy in his system.” Iruka got out what he needed for soup. Iruka lowered his knife and stared into the pot. Kakashi got up and wrapped his arms around his lover's waist.
“Is he...is he really okay?”
 
“The scars aren't too bad and are well healed. He's lucky, he must have closed his eye and jerked back fast enough that the damage is only to the lid. I'd have to see him without clothes to see what else happened but you don't mean physically do you?” Kakashi sighed and hugged Iruka close.
“He'd been in a war Iruka and that'll stay with him. But he's an Umino; he's a lot stronger than he looks. And he has us to help him.”
 
--------------------------------
Kakashi opened the door quietly and stared at Hiro's body. The teen spun around hand raised and magic gathered only to let it dissipate as he saw Kakashi who had frozen in fear.
 
“Shi. Kakashi I'm sorry. I wouldn't have...it was instinct.” Hiro babbled and Kakashi slowly relaxed. He stepped fully into the room and shut the door behind him, eyes roving over the old injuries that had been hidden by the teen's clothes. He stepped up and put his hand against the wound nearly over Hiro's chest, the marks matched up with a human hand but one with very sharp claws.
 
“Werewolf?” Kakashi asked and Hiro nodded, Kakashi had a similar mark over his left him.
 
“Werewolf, the one on my shoulder's from a vampire. It was war Kakashi, injuries are expected.” Hiro shrugged and began towelling his hair dry.
 
“You planning on telling Iruka about all of them?” Hiro stopped and arched an eyebrow in the silent question of `do you think I'm nuts?' Kakashi chuckled.
“Yeah, guess not. But there's no way he'll never see you without a shirt again.”
 
“Glamours are a wonderful thing. No one'll ever see if I don't want them to. How have you been?” Hiro asked, changing the subject. Kakashi shrugged.
 
“I'm back to training and I'm not having as much trouble telling the difference between what's real and what's not.” Kakashi admitted and Hiro smiled.
 
“Good to hear. I...I um spent some time with a mind healer. If you want I can see if there's anything more I can do to help.”
 
“I'll think about it.” Kakashi answered and Hiro nodded.
 
“So, anything interesting happen while I was gone? Could you really hear Iruka yell form Suna?” That made Kakashi laugh.
 
“He wasn't very happy to find you gone...neither was I. You didn't need to sneak out Harry.” Kakashi told him and he shrugged, not commenting on the use of his real name.
 
“I didn't want to argue. I knew Iruka would want to come or have a team go with me and I couldn't let him.” Hiro admitted and Kakashi nodded in understanding.
 

“Lunch is almost done.” With that Kakashi left the room.
 
------------------------------------
Hiro smiled at Ibiki as he spotted the interrogator standing beside Tsunade. Most people were petrified of the man but he'd never scared Hiro. Kakashi and Iruka followed him in and shut the door, they'd come along despite having heard the story the day before. Hiro sat in the middle seat offered and his family sat either side of him. Because that was what they were, family.
 
“I can't order you to tell me what happened in England Hiroshi but I would like to know.” Tsunade folded her hands together and Hiro nodded.
 
“I went to the ruins of Hogwarts and had Fawkes call the remainders of the DA and Order. After that we started fighting, mainly hit and run battles. We'd find a target, get in, do maximum damage and then get out before they could attack back. Didn't always work.” His hand went up to the scar over his eye. It was more of a guerrilla war than outright fighting. Then when we'd managed to wear his army down the `final battle' happened. Ves killed Nagini and I fought Voldemort. I don't know how long it lasted but in the end I took his head off with Gryffindor's sword. I told the few wizards around that I was done, that from now on they could handle their own messes and apparated back to Remus' cottage. Passed out on arrival. Poppy fixed me up and I hung around for a week to recover and spend time with Remus. Then I apparated back, landed two days walk away and met Naruto on the road back.”
 
“So if I insist on a medical?” Tsunade pushed and Hiro shrugged.
 
“Few new scars but I'm fine now.” She glared but he didn't flinch.
 
--------------------------------
“So Hiro is your cousin?” Naruto asked Iruka as they sat eating ramen.
 
“Second-cousin. My Aunt is his grandmother. So technically his mother was my cousin.”
 
“Oh. He seems nice.” Iruka lowered his chopsticks, realising what was wrong.
 
“He is, risked his life to save Kakashi more than once despite not being shinobi himself. I think the two of you will get along great if you give him the chance.” Naruto blushed slightly.
“Naruto...he's blood family yes. But you are family too. Just because he's here doesn't mean things will change.” Iruka explained, reaching over to ruffle the blonde locks.
 
“I missed you.” Naruto admitted and Iruka smiled.
 
“I read all your letters. You've grown a lot since I was your sensei.”
 
“Thanks.”
 
TBC...