Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Sakura Petals ❯ Request ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Three

Title: Request

Disclaimer: Naruto and Co. belongs to Masashi Kishimoto, not me, and I am not getting paid to write little dribs and drabs like this. I merely like to show off my creativity. *grins*

Summary: When you have to give in before someone else takes your place. [SasuSaku]

A/N: Wow. I never expected I’d write anything SasuSaku. I’m not exactly fond of the pairing. I got this idea from reading too many Shippuden spoilers. This contains a little.

Oo Oo Oo Oo Oo



Finally, he could breathe a little. The two ANBU that had been on his tail for the last six months were gone. He had served and finished his sentence for betraying Konoha three years earlier. He wasn’t entirely free from the Hokage’s hold; he wasn’t yet allowed outside of the village and he had no place he had to be.

Upon Sasuke’s return, the Hokage sentenced him to a chakra surpressing cell for three months. He wasn’t allowed any visitors but for the two ANBU guarding the door, and they didn’t talk much. Sasuke spent a large amount of his time either sleeping or meditating.

After the three months were up, the ANBU guarding his cell became his personal babysitters. The only person who had come to visit him was Kakashi, and the man hadn’t said anything about his old teammates. He was curious as to what Sakura and Naruto were up to.

As usual, the streets were packed with shoppers and little kids, some of which were glaring as Sasuke walked down the crowded streets. He ignored all the looks he got and continued on his trek to Ichiraku, where he was hoping to find the rest of Team 7. All he found, though, was a restaurant void of said team. He was about to give up and go home when he was tackled from behind.

“Sasuke-teme! Where are those dudes with the masks?! Did you ditch them?!” The blond boy on top of him exclaimed loudly. His blue eyes shifted suspiciously, trying to find said dudes with the masks. “Oh, hey, why did you leave the compound?”

“Naruto!”

“Oh, no! Sakura-chan…”

“Get off of Sasuke-kun!” The pink-haired girl grabbed the boy by the back of his jacket and nearly through him in the air. “Sasuke-kun!” she squeaked. “It’s good to see you.”

“You too, Sakura.” Sasuke lifted himself off the ground and dusted off his black pants. The girl in front of him had changed drastically. She wasn’t the same Haruno Sakura from their academy or Genin days. She was a completely different person. “I was just looking for you two.”

“Really?” Sakura asked. Her eyes misted over for a minute, then she shook her head. “We were just going to Ichiraku for lunch. Do you want to join us?” Her voice was so full of hope that Sasuke couldn’t say no.

“Yeah.” Sasuke said. He allowed himself a little smile as he followed his teammates into the stools at the front of the counter.

“Hey, old man!” Naruto said to the old man behind the counter. “Three bowls of ramen, right here! And keep ‘em coming!” The blond grabbed three pairs of chopsticks and passed two down to his friends.

“So what have you two been doing?” Sakura asked quietly. The dark-haired boy’s question was directed more towards Sakura than anything. He wanted to know if the pink-haired girl was seeing anyone.

Naruto spoke first, “I’ve been training non-stop with ero-sannin! He’s been teaching me a lot.”

“Naruto’s dating someone, too.” Sakura cut in, giggling. Her statement sent the boy next to her into a nervous stutter, his cheeks aflame. “But it’s true, isn’t it?” she asked the blushing boy.

“Is it Hinata?” Sasuke asked curiously. When the blond boy shook his head, the Uchiha frowned. “If it’s not Hinata, then who is it?”

Sakura started to full out laugh then, and wrapped her arms around her stomach to stop them. “You’re not going to believe it, Sasuke-kun.” She giggled.

“We’re not dating! We’re just friends!” Naruto protested weakly, just as his bowl of ramen was set out in front of him.

“Kakashi-sensei saw you kiss him! You can’t claim to be ‘just friends’, Naruto!” Sakura told the blond boy sternly. She reached over for her own bowl of ramen.

“Wait…” Sasuke turned towards his other two teammates, his mouth hanging open. He was confused. He was confused. “Kakashi-sensei caught you kissing a ‘him’? Who exactly?"

“It was the Kazekage of Suna.” Sakura said matter-of-factly. “Gaara-san.” The pink-haired girl erupted into another fit of giggles.

“What else did I miss?” Sasuke muttered, glaring into his bowl of ramen. He didn’t even like ramen, so why was he starting now?

“Um, Sasuke-kun?” Sakura ventured quietly. She was folding a napkin between her fingers nervously. When the dark-haired boy gave her his full attention, she almost lost her nerve. “Sasuke-kun, tonight do you maybe want to…go on a date with me? I mean, so I can catch you up on-“

“-Sure.” Sasuke met her eyes briefly, and then Naruto, slamming his hand palm open against the counter, ruined the moment.

“More ramen, old man!”