Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Shattered Hearts ❯ Tsunade ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

R_S: Woohoo, second and final chapter! Tsunade's pov.
 
 
Shattered Hearts
Tsunade
 
He'd made his offer, and she'd refused. She'd made her choice, and it would haunt her until the very end.
 
“Sakura, it's been a long day. Go home and get some rest.” She ordered. The cherry blossom smiled. It was forced; not even reaching her devastated eyes, was a failed attempt to mask her loneliness.
 
“Hai Tsunade-sama. Let me just gather some papers and I'll go. You should as go as well; you look tired. Sayonara!”
 
“Sayonara.”
 
Gazing across her desk, she sadly observed her young apprentice who sorted through papers not too far away. With luscious pink locks cropped to be so spunky and end just above her shoulders and emerald eyes so dulled and far away, she was destined to walk in her mentor's footsteps. Walk them in all possible ways. Such was the penalty for falling love with a criminal.
 
Yes, she loved him. It called for another bottle of sake. It had been so unfair, his heartless insults when they were younger. She was in the midst of a mindless crush, beating away a perverse Jiraiya while silently pining. But he never glanced her way; never saw her as anything other than an annoyance. But nonetheless she'd loved him, her heart palpitating as he came near, using training as an excuse to spend time with him. He was practically the sole reason she'd grown to become as strong as she was, her desire to be around him pushed her to train as hard as she possibly could. And now look where it got her: sitting alone and drunk in her office, secretly pining for a man who wanted her dead. Things were fan-fucking-tastic.
 
She knew it was wrong of her to complain, she had had so much already: a loving family and sweetheart, power, accomplishment. Even if some of it had been taken away from her, at least she'd had them. That was more than most people could boast. And yet, she couldn't bring herself to stop complaining. All the details of her life, good and bad, meshed together in her mind forming a tapestry that lay thickly across her brain, leaving a dulled fuzzy feeling as though it were of velvet rather than memories. To reminisce did her no good, only leaving her head even more jumbled than before. And the sake certainly wasn't helping.
 
She just couldn't get him out of her head. His presence endlessly tormented her, even in her subconscious. She dreamt of him often. He'd lie above her and scream her name. She'd rest bellow him, dragging her nail across his back. Afterwards was the inevitable heartbroken parting, perhaps where one of them died. And yet it was beautiful, oh so beautiful.
 
The blond wondered, fleetingly, if he ever thought of her. If he ever just sat down and remembered their Genin days when they'd sit and laugh and care for each other. She supposed not. What use would he have for such trivial thoughts? None. Did that make her a fool? A pawn in the confusing game of love? His toy? He had her wrapped around his little finger, despite her best efforts to resist, and he didn't even realize it.
 
He would come back, she knew. Another attack was just on the horizon. Would he assassinate her, like he did the last Hokage? Or try to at least. She knew she'd be able to hold him off if only for a short amount of time. What words would be exchanged during that battle? Would he ridicule her? Would she divulge her feelings? She didn't know.
 
In a sudden feeling of rage, she chucked her porcelain cup at the wall. She cursed herself for thinking such thoughts, cursed that criminal for making her think them. She couldn't love him, she'd force herself not to. There were so much more important things to be done. She needed to prepare, for when he attacked again he needed to be stopped. As much as it agonized her to admit it, she would be forced to kill him when he arrived. And kill him she would, she'd force herself to, for his treason was inexcusable.
 
It was time to face facts: she and he were never meant to be. But that didn't stop her heart from loving him completely.
 
The End
 
 
R_S: So, that's the end of my challenge fic. I hope you all enjoyed! I definitely had fun writing it, so I'm glad I accepted.
Finalement: How bad was it? Are you sorry you gave it to me?
Leave a review!