Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Show Me Love ❯ Part 2 of the Chunnin Exams ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 5

Kai’s POV

you shuddered in anticipation. You knew this arc like the back of your hand. You surveyed the ninjas around you, looking for the brightly clothed genin of the Leaf village. You caught a glimpse of pink hair, and reached for Makou’s arm. “Ah?” she questioned and looked down at you. “Let’s go to the front with Team 7! Then we can watch Anko in action!” you whispered excitedly. Makou smiled and nodded, then grabbed the back of Rei’s collar and dragged her along, with Yotsuba in tow. You giggled as Rei slapped at Makou’s hands and began stumbling along on her own, like a small child would. “You think that scares me?!” You heard Naruto cry. And sped up, dashing easily in between the much taller (and scarier) genin. Finally you got to the front, standing a few feet behind Sasuke. “Kids like you are killed quickly.” You stifled a gasp as Anko was suddenly behind Naruto. You didn’t even see her move! Could you do that? You made a mental note to ask Enma soon. “Spraying that red blood I love…” Anko continued, her voice sounding sickly sweet. You felt Makou bump into your back, she and the others made their way through the crowd too. “Here’s your kunai.” You jumped in your skin a bit. A long haired woman with an even longer tongue was given Anko back her Kunai. You have to get used to that moving-super-fast thing. You heard Makou swoon behind you. “It’s him.” She sighed. “And his ridiculous body.” You mock sighed, and she nudged you roughly with her elbow. “Thanks, but please, don’t sneak up behind me unless you expect to die.” Anko said while straightening up and then gently took the kunai off of Orochimaru’s tongue. “Sorry, it’s just I get so excited when I see red blood. Plus you cut some of my precious hair with that kunai of yours, I couldn’t help it…” she/he said, pulling his/her hat back down over his/her eyes. Anko apologized and cleared her throat. “Before we start, you have to sign these release forms. This test won’t be nearly as easy as the first one, there will be plenty of blood shed, and I don’t want to be held responsible.” She giggled. Then she frowned, and seemed to look directly at you. Your eyes widened, and you looked up at Makou for support. Makou stepped up and Anko looked up at her instead. “I’ll need to see you after you sign the forms.” Anko said sternly. Makou didn’t falter. “Yes ma’am.” Anko turned around and picked up the large pile of forms while explaining the objective of the test. “The scrolls…” Makou muttered under her breath. “Huh?” you looked to her again, but now she was deep in thought. Yotsuba walked next to you. “Our squad is making the teams uneven; there will be an uneven amount of scrolls.” She told you quietly. “…are we in trouble then?” you asked. Yotsuba smiled a bit, “We’re gonna find out aren’t we?” then she followed the other genin up to Anko to get the forms. “AW CRAP!” Rei shouted. You turned around and could tell that Makou explained the situation to her. “So much for not changing to the plot too much, we’re fucked now!” “Calm down, who knows what they may have decided to do with us.” Makou said and began to rub her temples. Yotsuba came back and handed everyone a release form. “Pretty crazy stuff their having us agree too.” She said and began to read the form aloud. “Proctor is not responsible if the examinee is: eaten by Arena 44’s large wild animals or is severely injured by them,” she sighed. “oh man, the odds are really against us.” You skimmed through the form and out of the corner of your eye you saw Rei signing it. “Rei!” Makou reprimanded. “Do we really have to read through it? It’s not like we have a family to leave behind. Well, at least, Makou and I don’t.” She looked over at you and Yotsuba. “… I don’t either, just a puppy.” Yotsuba said and Akemi barked in agreement. You stood there awkwardly as they’re eyes rested on you. “Um, I might, but, she wouldn’t care, I think.” You said the memories in your head blurry. Makou raised an eyebrow, “You think?” she asked. You nodded and looked away. There was a girl a little younger than you, your sister, but she hated you for some reason. That’s what your memories told you anyway. Where was she now you wondered? “Alrighty then, well, hurry up and sign so we can talk to Anko.” Rei said and passed the pen over. You signed your new signature and passed it to Yotsuba. You followed Rei over to where Anko and 2 other ninjas were sitting. One of the nameless ninjas took your forms and Anko stood and motioned for you to follow her. You ended up by the large fence surrounding the forest. “Alright you little trouble makers, I don’t know what the Hokage was thinking, but we made a special exception for you. Since you have when extra squad member, you have it a little easier, so we’re making it harder for you.” She reached inside her coat and took 2 scrolls. “You will receive both an earth and a heaven scroll. All you need to do is a take 2 teams down, and take whichever scroll they have. Then, if you make it to the building in those 5 days, you must have all 4 scrolls, 2 heaven and 2 earth.” “That’s not very fair.” Rei pointed out. “You have 4 team members, no sensei, and have made a name for yourself as legal ninjas from different villages before you were even genin. I think your task is fair enough.” Anko replied coldly and began to walk past you. “Besides,” she called over her shoulder. “I’m rooting for you! Can’t wait to see you guys in the 3rd exam!” You gawked at the back of her head. “Is she bipolar or something?” you asked to no one in particular. “Come on, we have to find a gate.” Makou said and you went searching. You found a gate with an instructor standing in front, all ready unlocking the padlock. All 4 of you (plus Akemi) stood there quietly and watched as the rest of the teams found gates. You saw as they passed that they would gaze at you for awhile. You were probably their first target. “What’s the plan Makou?” you heard Yotsuba break the silence. Makou looked around and said softly, “The deeper into the forest the better.” The instructor tapped his foot and looked at his watch; his hand was clutching the gate close. He was probably nervous for us. “The second test of the Chunin Exam begins… NOW!” Anko’s voice rang and the gate in front of was thrown open. Immediately, you all ran deep into the forest, and didn’t look back to see if anyone followed you. How were you able to run this fast? And so easily, your endurance was incredible. You looked ahead of you and saw Rei jump onto a low branch and followed suit. Before you knew it, you were traveling through the thick dark branches of the Forest of Death’s trees. You felt the breeze pushing back your brown hair and lifting your bangs up off your forehead. You felt so free like this. You slowed down so that Makou’s hakama wouldn’t knock into you and looked to your left. Yotsuba was running on all fours with Akemi next to her. She would disappear suddenly onto lower branches then swing herself back up. Ahead of her was Rei, who would jump off the actual trunk of the tree, and almost hit Makou a few times. It was like this for about 2 hours, when you were sides began to hurt and you had to slow to a stop.

Yotsuba: Another chapter, yay~