Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Starry Night ❯ Worries and Flashbacks ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

_________________________________________________________________ _____
Sasuke's POV!
 
I knew exactly where I was going! The only person who might know all the answers that are racing across my head is Naruto. I think I'll look at the ramen shop first, since that's where he spends all of his waken moments in. I started jumping roof to roof making sure I wasn't seen by a certain someone who wants to kill me. As I got closer to the ramen shop I started thinking about Naruto and wondered of he had gotten any stronger. I still couldn't believe that Sakura was able to surpass the hokage and let alone Naruto. My thoughts got interrupted as I saw a speck of blonde jumping up and down as he got closer to the restaurant.
 
“Well, it's now or never.” I said to myself and with that I jumped from the roof and landed right in front of the boy blocking the entrance. At first he looked like he was going to say something but then quickly closed his mouth as he saw who it was.
 
“Eh…..Sasuke? What are you doing here? I thought you hated ramen!” Naruto said closing his eyes. Sasuke just looked at the boy and shook his head.
 
“I see you're still as dumb as ever Naruto…dobe.” I said chuckling to myself. I didn't want to laugh right in front of him right now. It's just not an Uchiha way.
 
“Hmpf! If I said it once I said it a million times Sasuke! You know I hate being called by that!” Naruto said waving his arms up and down. I smiled a small smile not wanting it to be to noticeable. Naruto continued to argue with me until he finally went inside and giving me a look that read `Come on before I leave you there' I shook my head and followed him inside. He ordered ramen, no surprise there and I just ordered some nice hot tea. Naruto was yapping on about something while I was trying to think about which question I should ask him first.
 
“Ehem…uh…Naruto I was wondering about Sakura. Is she okay?” I asked. I wasn't sure what to think about Sakura at the moment. I looked Naruto in the eye and his expression was very difficult to read.
 
“Sasuke…Sakura...well, she's had a very hard time since you were gone. She tried to get over you by training night and day with or without Tsunade. She has been going on solo missions and I noticed that she hasn't been eating lately. She barely smiles anymore and is starting to become cold to everyone. She usually tries to avoid people except for me, Kakashi, Tsunade, Hinata, and the one I see her with the most lately is Ino.” Naruto said and then he paused as if he didn't want to go on.
 
“Is that all or do you wish to tell me more” I said growing impatient. Naruto was about to open his mouth to speak again when there order came in. My tea was placed in front of me and it smelled sooo good. Naruto was practically drooling over his `precious' ramen'. He grabbed some chopsticks and was about to split them in half when he started talking again.
 
“The thing that brought her to be this way…I'm guessing…is when you were gone Sasuke…her parents got killed. It was a rainy midnight and all I heard was fire crackling and when I woke up I saw fire rising from where she had lived. I rushed over to see what was happening but when I got there it was too late. She told me her parents got assassin and I asked her who it was. She nodded her head but refused to tell anyone.” I hesitated for a moment and stood still.
 
“Ino knows who killed her parents too, but she refuses to tell anyone as well. But I swear once I found out who did this to her I'LL KILL THEM.” He said and he held a tighter grip on the chopsticks until they finally broke in half. I stood up to leave. I needed to rest badly.
 
“Are you leaving already? Don't worry about the bill I'll pay for it. In the meantime you should go home and rest.” Naruto said grabbing another pair of chopsticks. I looked at my untouched tea and then to Naruto before nodding my head. I walked outside and decided to jump from roof to roof again.
 
The breeze felt so nice but his mind was somewhere else. `How I wish I didn't follow his orders for once' I thought. I know what happened to Sakura's parents that cold, cold night. I knew it all to well and I wish I didn't.
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
Flashback
He knew his orders and it was the only way he could gain more power to defeat his brother. At first he wanted to refuse but then came to the conclusion that killing his brother was more important. His mission was to kill a certain someone's parents and leave the girl alive. Which he didn't understand why Orichimaru wanted her alive in the first place. He quickly packed his stuff and then out the door he went. Jumping from tree to tree. With every minute passing by he was getting closer and closer to HER house. He was the only one on the mission. He had no partners at all. It was a solo mission to prove how strong he was.
 
He was finally there and it had started raining harder and harder. He slipped in through the window and disguised his chakra so that no one was able to detect him. `Who cares anyways? That pink haired girl is weak and none of her parents are ninjas so I'll be fine' He thought. He was looking through every door trying to find the victims room. Sakura's house was huge! He couldn't believe it!
 
He walked towards the room that was in front of him and opened it ever so slightly and quietly. BINGO! He started walking towards the parents and stuck a kunai at the father's throat first and little by little he started cutting it. He was trying to do this quickly so he wouldn't get caught and just as he was going to kill his first victim he heard a very loud noise come from behind him.
 
“Just what the hell do you think your doing?!" Sakura yelled. She was standing in front of the bedroom door. He was shocked to find her standing there. How could she detect his chakra? This wasn't good either because the girl knew who he was. `How stupid can I get? I should've worn that mask!' Sasuke yelled to himself. The parents were wide awake and fully alert. They didn't know what to do. They were in shock and since they had no specialty in ninja arts they were depending on there only daughter. `This is my chance'
 
Sasuke thought and he ran to where Sakura was standing and did some sort of jutsu. Sakura was about to go attack the intruder when suddenly, she stopped. Sakura saw the man that was standing in front of her and she fell to the floor. Sauske ignored her and knew that she was no threat anymore and went back to doing his hands sign. Once he was finished he blew into his hands and when Sakura saw this she yelled. Pleading him not to do it. Not to kill her parents and saying that he should kill her instead. It was too late. The last words Sakura heard that night was.
 
“FIRE DRAGON JUSTU!” and she also heard her parents scream but before she could do anything Sasuke punched her so hard she was KO'd and Sasuke then decided to put her outside on the bench where he had left her when he was leaving after he burned her house down with her parents inside.
 
After he was done and started heading towards Orichimaru's place he was quite upset. He didn't want to do this and when he saw Sakura laying peacefully on the bench where had put her he wished he had not done what he just did. He disappeared and was in front Of Orchimaru's hide out ready to tell him what just happened.
End of Flashback
 
 
_________________________________________________________________ _____
I had been thinking about what had happened so hard that I didn't even realize I had passed my house. I quickly turned around and headed back. Once I had gotten home I was quite surprised to see that everything was the way I had left it. I walked up to my room and fell backwards on my bed. And after that my eyes got heavy and the last thing I remember saying before I went into a deep slumber was:
 
“What have I done?”
 
 
 
Well….That's it for this chapter! Please review and don't forget to scroll all the way to the top and read the little intro thing! THANKS and I'll try to update more often!