Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Started As Friends ❯ A Place to Call Home ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Three
 
A place to call home
 
The moonlight shines the path of two runaways while a breeze of cold wind made one of them shivers.
 
“Hey Hinata-chan, are okay?” Naruto asked.
 
“Yeah, just a little cold.” She replied while stroking her hands up and down her arms.
 
Then by reflex Naruto wrap his arms around her making sure that she wasn't cold anymore.
 
“Thank you.” Hinata said with a taint of pink on her cheeks.
 
“You're welcome and besides I'm a little cold too.” He too has a taint of pink on his cheeks. He didn't know why he hugged her but he felt that it was right.
 
They continue to walk deeper into the forest when they heard a loud howl which made Hinata scared and hugged Naruto even tighter.
 
“Hey don't be scared. Maybe its just dogs.” He said trying ease her worries and then he realize that Hinata had made their hug even tighter which made him blush more. “And we should look for a place to sleep.”
 
Now Hinata had become conscious that she hugged him tighter, she pulled away and just like Naruto blushes more. She simply nodded. As they walk more they found a cave near a river.
 
“Naruto-kun there's a cave over there.” Hinata said pointing at the cave.
 
“Yah and look it's close to a river.” He added.
 
The cave was dark but it will do for them. Luckily for them in Hinata's backpack were some matches, some clothing and a blanket.
 
“Naruto-kun I've got some matches here maybe we could find dry leaves and make a fire so we won't be cold.” Hinata suggested. (A/N: Of course Hinata is smart. Hyuuga or not!)
 
“Yah Hinata that's a great idea and maybe we could find food. I'm kinda hungry.” Naruto said as he rubbed his tummy. “Oh, how I wish there was ramen.” He added.
 
Hinata giggled at what Naruto said and then she heard a loud howl. It sounded like a wolf which made her scared. Just about then Naruto started to stand when Hinata grabbed his hand.
 
“Naruto-kun, I'm scared.” She said with a scared voice.
 
“Don't worry Hinata-chan like I've said before they're just howling dogs. No need to be scared.” He assured. “Why don't we both look for some dry leaves and food so we'll be faster.” He asked.
 
Hinata simply nodded. They went out of the cave and went looking for some leaves and food. As they were walking, they've found many dry leaves and bushes of blueberries.
 
“Hinata-chan, do you think this is safe to eat?” Naruto asked pointing at the berries.
 
“Naruto-kun, they are blueberries so they're safe to eat.” (A/N: Hey they got to eat, right?)
 
She began to pick a lot of berries while Naruto gathers more leaves. After picking the berries and gathering of leaves they head back to the cave.
 
“Hinata-chan, could you get me the matches?” He said while arranging the leaves in a pyramid form. Hinata handed the matches and Naruto quickly run the match stick to its box and put the lighted match stick on the leaves. After a many matches later, behold a fire.
 
“Come here Naruto-kun so we can eat the blueberries.”
 
“Okay but I don't think this can fill my tummy.” He said as he went to where Hinata was sitting. They ate in silence and seen there was so many berries Naruto was full. (A/N: If that is ever possible!)
 
“Hinata-chan, maybe we should go to sleep now.” Naruto suggested while he stretches his arms and yawned very loudly.
 
“I agree Naruto-kun. I'm pretty tired.” Hinata pulled her blanket out of her backpack. “Uhm.. Naruto-kun there's only one blanket.” She said.
 
“Don't worry Hinata-chan. That's your blanket.” He said as he move a little close but not to close to the fire.
 
“Why don't we share it? We're friends right?” She said blushing but due to the fire it wasn't visible.
 
“If it's okay with you.” Same as Hinata, Naruto is also blushing.
 
“It's okay.” As she said that Naruto moved to where Hinata was sitting and shared the blanket. As sleepiness visited the two, Hinata had fallen asleep on Naruto's shoulder and Naruto's head was against the wall of the cave. (A/N: Nobody gets any idea. They are only six!)
 
Naruto realize that again there was a large gate in front of him which could only mean that he is about to speak with Kyuubi again.
 
Kyuubi-sensei, what do you want to talk about. He politely said.
 
Looks like someone learns some manners. Kyuubi smirked.
 
And here I am trying to be polite. As I was saying what do you want? He said with a foxy grin on his face.
 
I wanted to tell you the true reason why I'm training you. Kyuubi started but interrupted by Naruto.
 
What is it already?”
 
Well I was about to say it. Stop interrupting me. As I was saying, I need you to look for my sister.
 
You're sister? Naruto asked.
 
Do I have to repeat? Yes my sister. He said remembering what had happen.
 
Flashback
 
Kyuubi in human form was walking in the forest with a twelve year old girl. The girl has long dark brown hair, blue green eyes, tanned skin and utterly beautiful.
 
Kyuubi-nii-chan, race you back home. She said as she started to run very fast.
 
Hey, no fair. He said as he dashed his way past the young girl.
 
You cheated. She yelled as she caught up with Kyuubi.
 
Cheated? Why would you say that?” Kyuubi teased the girl.
 
You use your fox speed. No fair. She replied as she pulls Kyuubi's kimono.
 
But you didn't say I couldn't use my fox speed. He defended with an innocent smile on his face.
 
Okay, I didn't say it but give me a piggy back ride home. She demanded but has a cute smile that even Kyuubi can't resist.
 
Okay, okay. Get on my back. Kyuubi smiled as he lowered himself so that the girl could get on his back. They walked and walked until they reach there house but Kyuubi felt that something was wrong. When they open the door of the house, they could see dead bodies and on the kitchen floor was the body of the girl's mother. By this time Kyuubi was enraged, his body was covered in red chakra.
 
Hide. Was the only thing Kyuubi said when he left the girl and went after the people who did that to his family.
 
End Flashback
 
I ended up in Konoha. I lost my self-control and went berserk but I did kill those bastards but I never saw my sister again because of the obvious reason. I'm sealed inside you. Kyuubi explained. And I need you to find her and for could know if she's still alive or not. He continued.
 
So you're training me so you could find your sister. Well I don't see any problem with it. I'll do it as long as you would still train me. Smiling with his foxy grin.
 
Of course I'll train you. How will you find her if you don't? he asked.
 
You have a point. So when will we start?
 
Now. First I'll teach you to control your chakra. He said.
 
Naruto simply nodded.
 
“Concentrate and put your chakra on your feet. He explained.
 
Naruto gather his chakra and put it on his feet.
 
Good now, try to climb this wall using your feet. Just relax and concentrate your chakra on your feet.
 
Naruto did what he was told and started to climb the wall. Inch by inch he climb but when he reached ten feet he fell on his back.
 
Good for your first try. Do it again.
 
Again and again Naruto climbed the wall until finally he had reached the top.
 
Yay, I did it. Naruto jumped down the wall and landed on his feet.
 
Good kit. Very good. Kyuubi praised Naruto.
 
Oh Kyuubi-sensei, what's your sisters name. He asked.
 
Hazaki Yuuko. Her name is Hazaki Yuuko. Kyuubi replied. And time for you to wake up. I sense somebody coming. And don't worry I can talk to you even when you're awake.
 
Hinata felt something warm beside her. She slowly opened her eyes and her vision was greeted with a bright orange glow. `I remembered now, I run away last night.' She thought. Then she realized that the one beside her was Naruto. A blush made its way to Hinata cheeks. `Maybe I should wake him up but it's still dark outside.' She thought as she glanced outside.
 
But before she could do anything, Naruto began to stir.
 
“Ohayo Hinata-chan, is it morning yet.” He asked while yawning loudly and then he realize how close he and Hinata were and instantly blush.
 
“Yes Naruto-kun, I think it's already morning but it's still dark outside.” She replied.
 
“Did you sleep well?” Naruto asked.
 
“Yes I did. You make a comfortable pillow.” She joked. “And how about you?” She asked.
 
Another blush made its way to Naruto's cheeks. “Yah I did too. Kyuubi trained me.” He said as he regained his composure.
 
“What did he train you?” She asked because she was a little curious.
 
“Just chakra control.” He replied.
 
Then a noise was heard outside the cave. They didn't know if it was an animal or a human so Naruto took a look outside. It was ninjas.
 
“Hinata-chan put out the fire.” He said quietly.
 
Hinata simply nodded and put the fire out. She was scared that they might hurt her or Naruto. She went back to where Naruto was and hugged him tightly.
 
“Don't worry Hinata-chan just stay quiet.” He whispered trying to comfort her and so she did.
 
“Why did our sensei give as this boring job?” The first ninja said.
 
“Oh just be quiet so we could finish faster.” Shouted the second ninja.
 
“Hey did you hear that?”
 
“Hear, what?”
 
“It's coming from the cave. Let's go check it out.” Said the first one.
 
“Hinata-chan, stay very still and be quiet.” Naruto whispered.
 
Hinata nodded.
 
The two ninjas look around the cave and found where Hinata and Naruto were hiding.
 
“Hey look there're little kids here.” Dragging Naruto and Hinata outside the cave.
 
“Not just a kid but that's a Hyuuga. If we brought to our sensei, we could get rewards for this. He is looking for a Hyuuga to experiment on.” The second ninja said taking Hinata away.
 
“Let her go!” Naruto shouted
 
“If we don't, what are you gonna do?” Asked the first one.
 
“Naruto-kun, help!” Hinata now was crying.
 
I said let Hinata-chan go Red chakra was engulfing Naruto's body. His blue eyes are now becoming red as blood. His fingernails are becoming shaper.
 
(Kit, you're feeling my chakra. Now concentrate it on your feet and hands then move towards them and kick their asses.)
 
“What is this intense chakra I feel?” Asked the second ninja as his knees began to go weak.
 
Then a shadow flew above them and attacks the ninjas. In just seconds, the ninjas were on the ground. Then the shadow reveals a person wearing a black hood.
 
Hinata who was sitting on the ground runs to the side of Naruto.
 
“Who are you?” Naruto asked as the red chakra slowly disappears.
 
“Where did that chakra came from?” The person answered Naruto with another question.
 
“I asked you first, what's your name?” Naruto asked again.
 
“Okay, when I tell you my name your gonna tell me where that chakra came from.” The person replied.
 
Naruto simply nodded.
 
“I'm Hazaki Yuuko.” She said as she removed her hood. Unveiling a beautiful woman with long brown hair and blue green eyes.
 
“You're Kyuubi-sensei's sister.” Naruto said with surprise written all over his face.
 
“This is not the place to talk. Let us go to my home. Follow me.” She started walking deep into the forest. He and Hinata grabbed her bag and followed Yuuko. They walk and walk until they reach a waterfall.
 
“Where's your house?” Naruto asked with curiosity.
 
“Just wait.” As she said that she made some hand seal and the waterfall splits and reveals a passageway. “Follow me.”
 
Naruto and Hinata was amazed at the entrance but quickly followed. At the end of the passageway revealed a huge house (but not as big as the Hyuuga manor) which was besides a beautiful koi pond. Yuuko lead them to the house. “You can both stay here as long as you would like. Sorry but what are your names?” Yuuko asked as she sat on the ledge of the steps.
 
“Sorry, I'm name is Uzumaki Naruto.”
 
“And I-I'm Hyuuga H-Hinata.”
 
Yuuko looked at the both of them. `So my stupid brother was sealed in this kid.' She thought as she was looking at Naruto very carefully.
 
“As I have said you're welcome to stay as long as you want but let me guess you're both run away.” She said.
 
Both Hinata and Naruto could only nod.
 
“That's okay. And you don't wanna be missing nins, right?” she asked.
 
Again they could only nod.
 
“That can be arranged. All we need is your blood. Here's a kunai, please cut yourselves a little on the finger and place the blood on my hands.” She explained.
 
They both did what they were told and put a drop of their blood on Yuuko's hand. And Yuuko made some hand seals and slammed her hands on the ground. When the smoke cleared two dead bodies appear. The bodies look like Hinata and Naruto.
 
“Okay, later we should put them near Konoha so that they will assume you're both dead.”
 
“Okay.” Both of them said in union.
 
“Now, I'm gonna make something for us to eat. Make yourselves comfortable.” And with that she went to the kitchen.
 
“Hey, she's really nice.” He said as he turned to look at Hinata.
 
“You're right and now we have a place to call home even if just temporary.”
 
As they both wait for breakfast they both thought that this is really a start to a new life.