Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Ten Deaths ❯ For Her Life ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

For Her Life
 
Out of all the times she has been sent on a mission, she has never been in so much danger as on this one.
 
On this mission, when she has been separated from her team members, and she's alone and weaponless but for the kunai in her hand, with her chakra low.
 
She's afraid, and then she's angry. Angry at herself for becoming so weak, for not recognizing a trap when she saw one. Angry at the enemy for trapping her, for cheating - even though she knows that a ninja avoids fair fights like Hyuuga Neji avoids fangirls.
 
And then she's moving, quickly, quietly, and the movement is perfect, graceful, complete, and its all clear. Crystal clear, her anger sharpening her senses.
 
And she fights, long after she loses her single kunai, and her chakra is nearly depleted. She shouldn't be able to, but she does, because she wants - needs - to live. She needs to live, because there are people waiting for her. Long after she loses the will to keep fighting for herself, she keeps going, because Naruto, Sasuke-kun, Kakashi-sensei, Tsunade-shishou.. They're all waiting for her.
 
And the she spins, and there's no one there. And, oh, she's so tired. And then, suddenly, the floor rushes up to meet her, and then… black. Nothing.
 
And that's how they find her: alive, bloody, and surrounded by the corpses of her enemies.