Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Affairs ❯ Oyasumi Nasai ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Affairs
Chapter 4: Oyasumi nasai
 
She is so beautiful… even when she is asleep...
 
Meet me at the field after the sunset.
Hinata had read the short note for the third times. He got it from Neji at the afternoon, and now it almost reached the sunset. Hinata wondered why Neji called him outside the compound. It would be easier to both of them to meet there.
`But maybe,' she thought, `maybe he would give me something and just to embarrassed to give it at the compound, under the risk to be caught by other'.
“Hinata, where are you going?” Kiba called her off when he saw her heading to the field, not the compound. Akamaru barked questioningly while Shino only stood wordlessly beside Kiba.
“Umm… ano… I have something to do…” she quickly hid the paper on her pocket.
“What's that, Hinata?” Kiba tried to reach her hand but she had backed up quickly, and then she stuffed the paper in her pocket.
“No- nothing…” Hinata blushed.
Meet me at the field after the sunset… who had sent this, Hinata?” Shino waved the note in front of her eyes. One of his kikai had taken it secretly from her pocket.
“G- Give me that!” Hinata tried to reach the note from Shino, but Kiba had taken it first before her.
“Wow, slow down babe!” Kiba giggled, he sniffed on the note.
“Got it!” exclaimed Hinata, she had took the note back.
“Who had sent it?” Shino asked to Kiba in a small voice. But being wary, Hinata had heard it.
“A boy's smell, it seems that our little Hinata have got a boyfriend…” Kiba winked roguishly at her.
“Who?” Shino asked calmly, but his action couldn't hide the eagerness in his voice.
“Hyuuga Neji, her old-time crush,” Kiba grinned.
“D- Don't tell it to anybody! Or I will… I will…” Hinata threatened, her cheek getting redder than before.
“It's okay, Hinata! I can watch my mouth!” Kiba patted her back.
“Or more correctly, I can watch his mouth,” corrected Shino.
“Promise?” Hinata asked.
“Of a lifetime!” said both of them at the same time.
“T- Then… I'm leaving right now… He might have been waiting for me… dewa matta ne, Shino-kun, Kiba-kun and Akamaru-kun,” Hinata smiled and waved. Leaving all of them surprised.
“Well, I think we should talk about this, Shino. Hearing Hinata has got a boyfriend, is a real surprise… Let's eat before we go home, my treat!” Kiba offered him. Shino nodded once and followed Kiba who had lead the way.
***
Neji ran quickly on the main street. His Byakugan activated, sweats were rolling down on his forehead. His head looked for everywhere that he could see. He was so concentrated in search for something, until he bumped right on someone, sent both of them fell to the ground.
“I'm sorry, but I'm in a hurry,” Neji stood up from the street. He didn't bother to look at the guy he had bumped in.
“Hey! It's you, lucky guy!” Kiba, the victim of Neji's patientless, pointed him right on his nose, making Neji winced.
“Lucky guy what?” asked Neji questioningly. He didn't have any idea why would Kiba call him like that.
“No need to be silly! You've to be hurry then, she might have been waiting for you too long! It's not good to make a girl waiting,” Kiba slapped on his back, a naughty grin appeared on his face.
“I- I still don't get it, Kiba-kun, what are you talking about? What waiting? What girl?” Neji wrinkled his forehead. Kiba, who has struck back to the real fact, knew that Neji did not really know what he was talking about. Was it just him that can't explain good, or that Neji had lost his geniousness?
“It's Hinata, y'knaw…that blushing Hyuuga…” said Kiba slowly, acted like he was talking to a person with the IQ was under than 50.
“Oh yeah, did you see her? I've been waiting for her on the compound, she was late for her training, so I went out to catch her,” explained Neji.
“Training in the compound?” This time, Shino was the one who talk. Both of Kiba and Neji looked at him.
“Yea right, Shino! Didn't Hinata say to us that she went to the field to meet… you!” Kiba's voice become tense on the last word. He had become aware of the true fact.
“I didn't make promise to meet her at the field! We are going to have our usual training today!” Neji shouted in disbelief.
“But we saw the note that you gave her this afternoon,” Shino explained calmly.
“I didn't give her anything this afternoon! Indeed, I haven't met her from the morning!”
“But the smell of the note, it's yours, Neji!” Kiba doubted.
“Someone might have been stole it away from me,” Neji said, more to him self rather than to made Kiba and Shino know it.
“She is waiting for you, or anything like you in the field right now!” Kiba pointed at the field near the Konoha hills.
`Anything like you' Kiba's words were spinning on Neji's mind. Suddenly, the worst thing that might be happen appeared on his mind.
“Hey, Neji? You okay?” Kiba called him.
“I'm okay… I have to catch her soon, or something bad might have been happened…” Neji left the rest of Team 8 in a quick move.
`Anything like you'
The words appeared again on his racing thoughts.
`No, it would never been like that,' Neji tried to calm down, though he couldn't.
And he was sure that nothing of his hunches would be right.
`I have to be hurry!' Neji fastened his speed, not even bothering humans or things that he bumped to.
***
Hinata looked around the field. The time had already passed sunset, and the sky got darker. She shivered. The cold air was tickling her neck.
“Long waiting, huh, Hinata?” someone appeared from behind a tree in front of her. Hinata quickly focused all of her attention there, but what she saw really shock her.
“You are not… Neji-niisan…” she uttered in disbelief.
“Righty,” Tenten smirked sarcastically, “that noon I disguised as Neji using the henge, and you might've been blinded by love, `cause you didn't know that I am Tenten. So idiot… what's the use of that Byakugan, anyway? No doubt that they called you as the trash of Hyuuga. You're pathetic, Hinata… I wonder why Neji loves you…”
“Shut up! No need to bring Neji-niisan here! There's no connection with him!” Hinata shouted. Anger had appeared on her voice, though her face kept (or tried) to be calm.
Tenten raised an eyebrow in disbelief. She didn't know that Hinata could be angry.
“No different actually, Hinata. The reason why I called you here is Neji.” Tenten's voice became tense.
“I… I don't get it…” Hinata lied.
“Don't act like you don't know anything, Hinata! I know that you kissed him three days ago! You! In love with him!” Tenten shouted furiously. Her finger pointed right to her.
“And what's so wrong if I am in love with him!?” Hinata shouted back at her.
“HE IS MY BOYFRIEND!” Tenten shouted with a louder voice than her. Their conversation has changed into a shouting competition.
“HE IS INSISTED TO BE YOUR BOYFRIEND! IN FACT HE DOESN”T LOVE YOU! AND HE NEVER WILL!!” Hinata has never shouted as loud as this time, her face getting redder by angriness.
“SHUT YOUR MOUTH!” Tenten slapped Hinata on her cheek with all her might. Hinata's body crumpled to the ground.
“I'm telling the truth, Tenten-san, and you afraid of it…” Hinata had stood up, her legs trembled. She was not shouting anymore, but her voice getting dangerous.
Tenten gritted her teeth in anger. She had taken five kunais from her waist pouch and threw them at Hinata. Hinata, who didn't expect the attack from Tenten, could only dodge a bit. One of the kunais stabbed on her right shoulder. The blood was wetting her jacket.
“HINATA-SAMA!!!” Neji appeared in time before Tenten could throw more kunais. He quickly stood in front of Hinata, covering her from Tenten.
“GET AWAY, NEJI!” Tenten shouted.
“HOW COULD I GET AWAY!? YOU'RE HURTING HER!” Neji shouted furiously. Both of Hinata and Tenten never saw him as angry as this. The calmness that usually hanging on him has slipped to nowhere.
“She is right, Neji-niisan. This problem is between me and her,” said Hinata seriously. She moved a step from behind Neji's covering.
“But Hinata-sama! You are wounded!” Neji doubted.
“You hear my words, Neji-niisan! Back up! It's an order!” shouted Hinata without looking at Neji. Neji flinched, Hinata was really angry. He knew, he was a Bunke, he should obey her order, especially that she was his master, and he was her guardian.
“I'm sorry, Hinata-sama,” without Hinata's awareness, Neji had knocked some Tenketsus on her body. Hinata's body fell limply, but Neji had caught her before she touched the ground. He had supported her to walk to a tree, and laid her against the trunk.
“I cannot obey your order this time, Hinata-sama. I'm your caged bird… I'm your guardian… more importantly, I love you. I'll protect you no matter what…” he whispered to her and then kissed her forehead. Hinata was too weak to react, but her eyes' stare still showed that she didn't agree with his decision.
“Have you done it lovers!? Why don't you just fuck up there, `cause that will hurt me more!” Tenten mocked.
Neji's eyes squinted in hatred. It would be okay if Tenten was hurting her, but not Hinata.
“If you want to hate, Tenten… it should be me, not Hinata-sama! She is not the one to be blamed! I should! I was the one who choose her, I was the first to kiss her, and I was not in love with you! The one you should hate and hurt is me! Not her!”
“You told me to hurt you because you love her! And you don't want to see Hinata hurt! But is it fair, Neji!? I love you, and I can't stand to hurt you! TELL ME IF I AM WRONG!” Tenten shouted. She threw more kunais and shurikens.
Neji had put himself into the Jyuuken stance. He was ready to release the Kaiten if the range of the weapons has fitted. But, to his surprise, the attack was not headed to him. Tenten threw them right at the place behind him. The place where Hinata was.
“SHIT!” Neji abused. He quickly ran towards Hinata, who now was shutting her eyes in fear. Tenten stunned. She didn't believe Neji would be as far as that in risking his life to protect Hinata.
When Hinata had opened her eyes, all she saw was Neji's face. He was smiling.
“Are you okay, Hinata-sama…?” he asked, his voice trembling. He fell on top of her. At that time, Hinata knew that three kunais and four shurikens have stabbed on his back.
“NO! NEJI-NIISAN!!!” Hinata screamed in fear. She quickly activated some hand seals with her trembling hands, and released her body free from the knocks on some of her Tenketsus that Neji had made before.
“Niisan! Hold on! I'll heal you!” She turned Neji's body and laid him on her past place. She activated her Byakugan and made seven complicate hand seals. The next, strong-blue chakra appeared on both of her hands. She had pulled all the weapons on his back and began to recover all his wounds.
“WATCH OUT!!! HINATA-SAMA!!!” Neji shouted. His eyes widened in shock. Tenten had thrown more attack at Hinata.
Without expectation that Tenten would attack her while she was recovering Neji's body, Hinata didn't dodge. Moreover, she covered Neji's body in a protecting embrace, and she received all the attacks. She was wounded on many places. Her wounds were worse than Neji's. One of Tenten's kunais has pierced her right chest. Blood spread from the wound, and stained on Neji's face.
`HINATA-SAMA! NO!!! HINATA-SAMA~!!!!” Neji tried to move his body, but the wounds were not allowing him too.
Hinata smiled, comforted him.
“I'm okay… Neji-niisan… let me heal you first…” Her voice was shaking weakly. She then made the same hand seals again, and this time instead of the strong-blue chakra that it should has been appeared, fade-blue chakra changed its place on both of her hands.
“No, Hinata-sama! Keep your chakra to survive! Don't waste it in shake of me!” Neji yelled. But Hinata ignored him. She kept recovering his wounds.
“It's… done…” Hinata smiled weakly at him.
Neji could move right now. He quickly approached her body and put her in his embrace. Her body was getting cold.
“Hinata-sama…” Neji uttered in a croaking voice. A tear fell slowly on his cheek.
“I'm okay… Neji … I always wanted… to call you Neji… May I…?” Hinata smiled weakly.
“Of course, Hinata-chan…” Neji whispered.
One of Hinata's hands has struggled to reach Neji's face. She wiped the tear that rolled down on his cheek. But more tears came down.
“Don't cry… Neji… what are you crying about…? You should be happy… I've proven that I'm not weak…. I helped you…” Hinata whispered, she didn't have the strength to continue speaking anymore.
“You are not weak, Hinata-chan… You are strong… You've proven me it…” Neji smiled painfully. He felt the salty taste of his own tears.
“Yes… I did… but now… let me rest… I'm so tired… I want to sleep… oyasumi nasai… Neji… Aishiteru…” Hinata slowly closed her eyes. A fade, but clear smile appeared on her pink lips.
Oyasumi… Hinata-chan…” Neji kissed her tenderly on her lips. The kiss before an eternal sleep. The one… last kiss.
Tenten watched them in fear. She didn't mean to wound Hinata like that. If Hinata dodged, she would have been saved.
`And why… she didn't dodge!?' Tenten eyes widened. `How big is the love between them!?'
“Tenten, come over here,” Neji called in a croaked voice.
Tenten walked sluggishly to him. She kneeled beside Hinata's body. She watched her. Hinata was so beautiful, her face filled with peace, serene beauty. Looking at Hinata in a close range has made Tenten burst in tears.
“I…” Tenten couldn't continue her words. Now she felt really sorry for what she had done. All the killing intention she had before has gone. Now she would do anything to get Hinata back.
“Look at her beautiful face… you see, she is so gorgeous… She was my sunshine… my life would be dark without her…” Neji whispered
Tenten stunned.
“You are my friend, right, Tenten?” asked Neji. He was still looking at Hinata's face. The embrace on her body was getting tighter.
“Y- yes…”
“Do a favour for me, Tenten…”
“W-what…?”
“Kill me,” replied Neji calmly.
“WHAT!? ARE YOU INSANE, NEJI!?” Tenten shrieked in disbelief.
“As you see, Tenten… Hinata was my sunshine… I can't live without her… I will never can…” Neji explained, he caressed Hinata's hair softly.
“Ne- Neji… please… don't…”
“My life will be worse than death without her… Please, Tenten… kill me… This is my only request… I never have one on you before, so please… make it true…”
“I-” Tenten burst into more tears, “W- why don't you t- try to find another Hi- Hinata!? She is not… not the only girl in the world! You could find the better!!!”
“Tenten,” Neji smiled softly at her, the tears on his face have dried, making a strange stain on his expression, “Listen, Tenten. There was only one Hyuuga Hinata in this world… the only one. And there is only one Hyuuga Neji who lives by her serene light… and this Neji, he could not find the other Hinata. Never. Whether the others were better or best than her, no one could change her place.”
“B- But! Neji!”
Onegai shimasu, Tenten, kill me,” said Neji, his voice was fully begging.
“I…” Tenten stiffed. She wiped the never-ended flowing tears on her face. She stiffened as she said, “o- okay…”
“Use these, then…” Neji gave two kunai for her; one kunai of his own and one of Hinata's.
Tenten took the kunai from him, she then backed up from the couple for five meters. Her eyes winced, tears had blurred her vision. She targeted the vital points on Neji's body. One on his neck, and the other was on his left chest. Closing her eyes, she threw the Kunai at him.
Neji didn't even make a sound when the kunais has stabbed him. Indeed, he smiled peacefully. He was going to be with Hinata again, and this time was forever. Be with her in the eternal place.
Aishiteru… Hinata-chan…” Neji whispered on her ear with his last breath. He died embracing her body. His head fell softly on Hinata's, lips brushed on her forehead.
Tenten kneeled limply to the ground. With the tears covered face, she mumbled:
“I'm sorry…”
***
Owari
***
AR: I'm sorry for you too, readers. The last part was a hard one for me. Overall reviews please, don't be mad at me. I thought `deaths' would make the story more dramatic. But I promise, for the next fic, no couples will be died…. Nyaaah T~T….
Okay, next fic: Hanabi & ….!!!