Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Curative Career of Kaori the Ninja Nurse ❯ Raidou's Story ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Raidou's Story
 
Kaori was on cloud 9.9! Kakashi didn't exactly say those three little words, but he did admit he cared about her, sort of, which for a shinobi was almost the same, given how they were trained to control their emotions, the little nurse reasoned to herself. She was optimistic that in time he would tell her he loved her. But even if he didn't, knowing that he cared about her was enough - it had to be.
 
The only dark cloud on the horizon was she still had to break it off with Raidou. That was going to be difficult, but she had to do it as soon as possible, no matter what new maneuvers he came up with to trap her. That's how she always felt whenever she was with him - trapped. The way he always made her feel guilty, especially about his scarred face, and even his proposal were traps to ensnare her compassionate nature, intentional or not, and she had to stand strong against him.
 
Kaori had avoided visiting Raidou since his proposal and now he was due to check out of the hospital that morning. Kaori made sure she caught him before he left. “I'm glad to see you're all better,” she said sincerely as she watched him pack up his shinobi gear and attach his pouch to his belt.
 
“Yes, thank you for taking care of me,” he replied, but his tone indicated he was troubled by something and he did not look at her.
 
“There's something I need to tell you,” they both said at once.
 
They stared at each other for a second then blurted out simultaneously: “I slept with…”
 
“…Kakashi!”
 
“…!”
 
-...-...-...-...-...-
 
Last night while Kaori visited Kakashi…
 
Raidou was in a more than usual bitter self-pitying mood. He had not seen Kaori since his proposal and it seemed that she was avoiding him. He knew he was taking a chance when he told her of his feelings and it seemed he lost the gamble. And since then, he had heard rumors about her and Kakashi. She must have been on the rebound when they dated and there was nothing worse than being involved with a girl who was in love with someone else. It wasn't fair. Why did women always fall for the cool, good looking guys?
 
He was in the middle of cursing his continual bad luck when he heard the noise.
 
It was late and most of the hospital staff had gone home. Shizune was off to see Genma who was recovering at home and on light assignment duty. Only the skeleton crew remained, and Hokage Tsunade.
 
Tsunade was in a relatively good mood for once. Shikamaru's team members were now all on the road to recovery. The promising genin, the future of Konoha, was preserved. So what if they failed to retrieve that Uchiha traitor. Sasuke and Orochimaru could be dealt with later. They were all safe and alive and that was cause for celebration.
 
Which meant sake! And more sake! And more sake! And more sake…
 
Without Shizune to stop her, Tsunade drank way too much. All day she had been in the hospital library archives researching cures, then monitoring the injured genin and adjusting their medication. Now it was time to relax. The hospital had a supply of super high alcohol content sake used as a solvent in extracting medicinal elements from plants and to dissolve drugs and to administer medicine in a palatable form. It was not really meant for drinking straight out of the bottle, but that didn't stop her. Over the years, Tsunade had developed a very high tolerance for alcohol, even higher than Gai's, but a couple of bottles of the 90 proof sake finally did her in.
 
“I've been a wild rover for many a year! And I spent all my money on sake and beer! And now I'm returning with gold in great store! And I never will play the wild rover no more. And it's no, nay, never… no nay never no more, will I play the wild rover, no never no more!” Tsunade sang as she roamed aimlessly through the hospital halls.
 
“Shut up! There's injured people here trying to sleep. What the hell's wrong with y…” Raidou growled as he got out of bed to investigate what sounded like a cat yowling in pain. He stopped as soon as he realized it was his boss.
 
The two glared at each other angrily. Raidou saw the sake bottle in her hand and smelled the astringent on her breath and thought how all his concerns and criticisms about Tsunade being Hokage were validated. Tsunade thought how this lowly subordinate dared to insult her glorious singing. Neither was willing to yield an inch.
 
Tsunade finally sneered, “You, you're that loser on Shizune's team who lost to a bunch of kids from the Sound. Jounin, hah, that team of genin did better!”
 
“You, you're a lousy excuse for a hokage. The other hokage are all turning over in their gra…in the Death God's stomach. In fact, your personality is sour enough to make the Death God hurl!”
 
“How dare you…you insolent boor!”
 
“Old hag!”
 
“Ugly oaf!”
 
“Fake boobed wannabe slut!”
 
“That's it!” That was the final straw. Tsunade pulled back her right arm and threw a punch as hard as she could. But being drunk made her unstable and Raidou was able to easily dodge it. Tsunade fell forward but she reached out with her left arm and grabbed Raidou by his hospital gown.
 
The two stumbled into the room. Raidou found himself on top of his boss and her very plushy bosom. Tsunade found herself under a half naked man with very fine pecs.
 
What man or woman could say no to a situation like that?
 
-----------------------
 
Author's Notes:
 
Wild Rover is an Irish drinking song.
 
Shochu is a distilled liquor (up to 90 proof) made from either sweet potatoes or rice and is a pure white liquor often compared to vodka. Sake is not distilled and has an alcohol content like beer. But I used sake since most people know what that is.
 
Was considering GenmaxRaidou (there aren't enough kunoichi to go around). But now Tsunade can fix Raidou's face and Shizune gets her dysfunctional family:)