Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Last Order ❯ Battle of Brothers: Crime and Punishment ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto, but I own everything that won't show up in the manga or Anime, forever!
 
Read, just Read…AND QUIT THE CHAIN FLAMING!
 
Byakugan789: If you can read this, quit thinking you know everything I'm going to do, I hate that. AND If I'm not mistaken, you haven't done a single fucking on this entire site but lurk and review. Hell, your Biography if fucking empty!
 
I will block people who chain flame, for three chapters, I won't make it permanent, but if you blow your second chance, you're permanently blocked. Flames based on something that is actually rational and an ACTUAL problem, shall be accepted with grace.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&
 
Gekido looked on at Naruto as he set down the Red Cross of Efreet, and he lifted up his blade.
 
“It's been a while since I've seen the sheath of the Tenpi no Kyoujaku.” Said Naruto as he braced himself for what was about to come.
 
Gekido looked at the sky as he thought back in his past to all the good times he had with the blonde in front of him, “Ironic, isn't it? You're the last person I would have wanted to kill…” he said before snapping his gaze back to the Yaiba wielder infront of him. “But someone must pay, and it'll be you. You failed to protect her like I asked.”
 
The three genins were wondering what they were talking about before the Mizukage said, “This is a battle of brothers, don't interfere.”
 
Gekido drew the Tenpi as he tossed the sheath next to the cross. And then he charged.
 
Not one to miss a beat, Naruto quickly sent the Zuiichi flying at the speeding brunette, who fainted left before rolling towards Naruto.
 
Katon: Gokakyuu no Jutsu! (Fire Style: Grand Fireball)” yelled Naruto as he sent the flying ball of fire at the rolling death.
 
“Damnit!” yelled Gekido as he launched himself up into the air as his onyx eyes looked down at the ground, before he heard one of the genin gasp.
 
“Naruto-sensei!” shouted Meimei. “That man, he's blind!”
 
Naruto widened his azure eyes as he looked at the landing man. “What?...Don't tell me he…”
 
Throwing his hair back, Gekido looked on in eternal darkness, “I told when you saved my sister, I would find the Red Cross of Efreet that belonged to my family, and find out how to survive it's effects, this was the price.”
 
Naruto grunted as he eyed the bandaged cross. He had a feeling that was it. However, he didn't have much time to think before a pain scraped his senses and blood flew everywhere.
 
Gekido smirked as he felt the Tenpi pierce the flesh of Naruto as he pivoted to follow threw with a slash to the blonde's back.
 
Naruto canceled the Zuiichi as fast as he could and quickly placed the Bure-ka between him and the oncoming devil blade.
 
“Tch…”
 
Naruto panted as he looked at the blade that injured him. It was a grayish steel with a midnight line running down to a yellow handle. Unlike the other Juusan Oni Yaiba, this was shaped more like a katana than the others. It's hilt was a sun that conjured fire as the guard, and it held the face of the Goddess Amaterasu in it's handle.
 
Then, much to the surprise of everyone, Naruto pulled out the Kaika in conjunction with the Bure-ka and Tetsujin, putting two of them in one hand and the other in his right. (Two of the swords are pointing opposite directions and the other is in normal position.)
 
`So he's go three now…I can feel their power…'
 
Gekido didn't waste any time rushing at the blonde, who rushed to meet him as well.
 
“Herufaia! (Hellfire!)” shouted Gekido as the flames of hell danced across his blade as he charged at Naruto before jumping up.
 
“Gekkou Denka! (Moonlight Charge)” called Naruto as he readied the blades for impact against the burning blade, leaving a trail of moonlight from his swords as he jumped to meet the Seishi heir.
 
“Majinrengazan! (Demonic Chaos)” came the ringing voice of Gekido as a wave of energy erupted from his body, sending Naruto hurtling towards the ground, and him continuing his deadly fall.
 
Naruto back flipped in mid-air before he crashed, to look up and see Gekido falling towards him with his blade raised. Naruto knew one thing now.
 
Gekido may be blind, but he made you hell of an opponent.
 
“Damn you…Hitenshouku (Rising falcon) Naruto said as he jumped back into the air, waiting for Gekido to get closer to the ground.
 
Gekido landed on the ground with a small tap, and then heard air being displaced. Widening his blind eyes, He quickly turned around and shouted, “Gurenken (Hell Pyre!)”
 
Naruto began spinning the Bure-ka Naraku around when he saw Gekido launch a ball of condensed fire at him. When the fireball came in contact with the blade, it exploded, knocking Naruto slightly off course, and giving him a nasty burn in the process.
 
The burn that he received wasn't what was bothering Naruto, nor the gash in his ribs. It was the fact that his brother-in-law had done something so dark, so sinister, just to find a family heirloom. He knew that the Red Cross cannot be stopped after three times using it!
 
Yet, Naruto felt oddly proud to know this man, who was a pure samurai with semi-ninja abilities, would go this far.
 
“Don't get sidetracked Naruto! Tensa! (Heavenly Chains)”
 
Suddenly, Naruto found himself being pulled to the ground as Gekido held a half tora seal. The gasps from his genin team and the worried grunt from the Mizukage confirmed his suspicions…
 
Gekido was planning on using one of his killing techniques this early, or so he thought.
 
Mashiro Tenshi: Shikkyaku Inai Munashii Omoide… (Pure White Angel: Falling Within Empty Memories)” said the red and black overcoated heir as he held his blade to his side, as it took the form of an angel.
 
“The power to bring forth the entity that resides in the blade…so he's succeeded…”murmured Naruto as he looked on at the pale skinned goddess.
 
Gekido swung the blade in a sideways arc as the pale angel took on a burning silhouette as it flew at the chained down Naruto.
 
Naruto's blue eyes widened as a bead of sweat ran down his cheek. He began placing a chakra barrier in his chest area, just before the chains around him shattered, just before the angel hit him.
 
Naruto wasn't quick enough to jump out of harm's way, but all the angel did was enter him! Thinking the technique failed, Naruto summoned the gleaming Tetsujin into his hand as he prepared one of the moves the brunette taught him.
 
Yon Togatte Konpasu: Yon Kaze Oni: Hibiware Kaze no Gunryo (Four Pointed Compass: Four Wind Demons: Soldiers of the Cracking Wind) Naruto said as he held the Tetsujin in front of him, blade facing the sky, as it duplicated into four, separate blades. Attaching chakra strings to them, Naruto hurled them at the brunette, who's eyes were closed.
 
Gekido felt the blades coming ever closer. The hurricanes that were starting to form around them distorted the air violently as he sighed in his head. Did Naruto really think he didn't have a counter technique for that? It was his second strongest attack with an Oni Yaiba!
 
(Some of you might recognize the next tech. name…) Looking at the blades that were flying towards him, Gekido pointed the Tenpi at the oncoming blades that had mini-hurricanes brewing around them, as he closed his eyes. Opening his blind eyes, he murmured, “Kengai Douji (Sword-Wielding Child Shaman King)
 
Naruto narrowed his azure eyes as he saw the brunette close his eyes, open them, and then murmur something. Quickly changing his gaze to the swords, that had mini-hurricanes around them, he noticed cracks forming on the wind and he smirked.
 
The blades flew ever closer as the wind around them exploded, revealing four figures, one carrying two chakrams, another with two axes, one with a scythe, and one with many…many a kunai and shuriken. Before they could get even close to Gekido, a dark flash of dark light erupted in front of both of the people, before taking the shape of a small child.
 
The child was wearing a white mask with black slits for eye holes and had a sword sheath at his waist. The sword that was missing was currently positioned so all the wind warriors weapons were blocked.
 
“You summoned me?” came a soft voice from the child as he moved his slightly to face Gekido.
 
Gekido stared at the ground as he nodded softly to the voice. He knew the end was coming soon. His technique would soon take effect, then, he would reveal the trump card to end it all.
 
Turning his gaze back to the wind men, the child smirked beneath his mask.“Though you may just be chakra, today's your…” he said before disappearing and reappearing behind the axe-man. “Rather Unlucky Day.” The boy said before he took his nodaichi and sliced through the axe-man, turning him into air.
 
Quickly turning around, the scythe man swung the blade at the place the child was before he sidestepped a downward slice from the child.
 
Hefting is right leg into the air; the child did a spin kicked that knocked away everyone else. When he slowed down, the boy noticed a couple things.
 
One thing was that the other three remaining wind people were taking defense position outside the blue gates of Kirigakure.
 
Another thing was that his necklace was jingling.
 
And the last was that the genins' mouths were on the ground as the Mizukage examined Gekido with a critical eye.
 
Suddenly, he sidestepped as a chakram flew by him and he sped toward the chakram man. Bringing his blade in an arc, he prepared to slice threw him before the (Let's call them Scix (Scythe) Chars (Chakram) and Shogon (Kunai)) Shogon hurled a handful of shuriken at him.
 
Scix quickly took a run at (Jazen (Child)) Jazen while he dodged the shuriken and turned his attention to Shogon. Lifting his scythe into the air, he impaled it into the ground before pulling back, making a small fissure in the ground. Then, out of the fissure, came a number of white and black flames that swarmed around Jazen as they rammed into his back.
 
With a grunt from being hit it the by the flames, Jazen sported not many injuries, besides the fact his back was fire. Taking off his mask, which oddly was sharp on the edges, he threw it at Scix as the man was the man was to slow to bring the scythe to block, and was then dissipated into air.
 
Standing up shakily, you could see what he looked at underneath his mask. Onyx eyes that had seen the falls of many friends and deaths of many were cold underneath elegant black eyebrows. A mop of shaggy black hair covered most of his forehead, but you could see an `X' shaped scar on the upper right part of it. Baby fat was on his cheeks, but there was little of it.
 
Turning to Chars, he faced a flying chakram coming at his face, but he quickly pulled up his blade to block, sending it clattering to the ground. Slipping into a run, he began running at the inwardly cursing Chars.
 
Jumping into the air, Jazen Placed the edge of his blade in front of him, facing Chars, who was beginning to spin the other double-edged chakram in his hand, and was about to jump into the air.
 
Chars jumped into the air to meet Jazen in the in a clash where one of them would be dissipated. Spinning the chakram faster in his hand, Chars placed it where Jazen's blade and it would meet when they clashed, and he jumped into the air.
 
Shogon pulled out six shuriken, and placed them in between his fingers, as he took of at where Jazen would clash with Chars, and blurred out of existence, waiting for the right moment to attack…
 
Chars and Jazen clashed in air, sets of eyes watching as energy, their life force, rolled off them in waves as Jazen began winning the battle, pushing Chars' double-edged chakram into him, dissipating him into air.
 
Shogon, now deciding this was a good time to strike, appeared behind Jazen, and thrusted the six shuriken into the entity, before onyx eye narrowed and and a hand reached up and brushed across a necklace.
 
Shogon's eyes widened in pain, as he gave a choked cough from being impaled by three giant blades. “San Hagane Oni Boshi: Kujo (Three Steel Demon Stars: Destruction)” came the raggedy voice of Jazen as he disappeared into a dark mist, signifying that his battle with the wind peoples battle was over.
 
Gekido and Naruto were now locked in a stare-blind stare competition before Naruto clutched his head, and fell panting to the ground, resting on one knee.
 
`Wha-what the?! Everything's spinning…Gekido, what d'you do to me?!' Naruto raged in his mind.
 
Gekido smirked as he stared on in eternal darkness. “My techniques finally kicked in. Did you think that I'd create a technique that did nothing, but was just for show? No, of course not.” he said. “The Pure White Angel doesn't affect the body, it affects the mind.” he said, pointing a finger at his own head for effect.
 
Eidatsu, Meimei, and Chiba stared at their kneeling sensei, fear and worry clearly evident in their faces
 
“Aka Shi-shi no Gekido (Red Lion Gekido). I finally remember where I've seen him. The man who decimated Iwa all over a simple heirloom of the Tsuchikage, which he claimed belonged to him.”
 
Chiba had a bead of cold sweat run down the side of his face when he heard that. “The Iwa Decimation…the leveling of the Shengou rock…”
 
“Exactly.”
 
Everything was spinning as Naruto stood up, attempting to level his vision. He could clearly see that Gekido was walking towards him, except that there was a LOT of him.
 
Balancing himself on the Tetsujin, he attempted to resist any bodily harm by pushing chakra into the parts of his body that had little skin resistance, such as his face, legs, stomach.
 
“You know that won't help you, Naruto. This next technique will…END IT ALL!” he shouted, drawing amazing stores of chakra out of his body, and pushing it into the Tenpi.
 
Naruto widened his eyes as he braced himself, knowing well that Gekido didn't bluff.
 
“Mujin Kasai Oni Daitoppa: Kakashi Sakurifaisu (Great Fire Demon Breakthrough: Scarecrows Sacrifice I CLAIM ALL RIGHTS)” Gekido shouted, using on of his arguably best moves to attack the dizzy Naruto.
 
“Zuiichi: Gun Daitoppa: Heki Hinode (First: Force Breakthrough: False Sunrise I CLAIM)” rang the voice of the Red Lion as he charged at the waiting Naruto, blade poised to slice.
 
Swinging the blade upwards, as if attempting to cut him in half from the bottom up, Gekido cut the air in front of Naruto, an inch away from Naruto's nose as Gekido threw himself into the air before flipping in air, and delivering a downward slice on Naruto's shoulder.
 
A pained grunt escaped Naruto as he refused to scream. He wouldn't give him the pleasure of knowing that Gekido succeeded in hurting him. Besides, Naruto knew that all he had to do was take a couple more blows, and he could launch a counter attack…
 
If he lasted that long.
 
Gekido smirked as his feet touched the ground infront of the bleeding man. He could feel Naruto's scream fighting against the strains, but he would not bow to the pained howl. Yes, Naruto had grown from that naïve boy that showed up on their burned down inn. Yet, he still failed.
 
Sadly.
 
“You know that I could have killed you there Naruto. But I'm not ready for you to die yet. Sad that you locked away Kyuubi. You could use his healing powers right about now. Nidaime: San Saishi Sakurifaisu: Chouin no Buddha! (Second: Three Priest's Sacrifice: Sealing of the Buddha” rang Gekido's voice, as he hefted the Tenpi onto his shoulder, and jumping away from Naruto.
 
The Tenpi then took on a glowing light as Gekido placed it front of him, pointing upwards, as it made two copies of itself, producing from the hilt, making an upside down `Y' shape star.
 
Spinning it infront of himself, Gekido charged at the panting-bleeding-dizzy Naruto, and placed the `star' on the blonde's chest, and seemingly passed through him.
 
But that thought was dismissed when blood erupted from Naruto.
 
“I'm not done!” shouted Gekido as he appeared next to the cross. “Sandaime: Ni Se-“ Gekido never finished his sentence.
 
All because of a white claw sticking out of his stomach.
 
“Y-you know…that y-you ne-never leave you-your back open….Gekido. You know…I'm no-not one to just take crap and not d-do anything. Hijutsu: San Yajuu Kamigami: Byakko no Kanki Kai. (Secret Technique: Three Beast Gods: Awakening of the White Fox Release.)” Finished Naruto as the raging white fox behind disappeared and the Tenpi fell from Gekido's hands.
 
Flashback no Jutsu
 
Gekido arrived at the burned down inn that was going under repairs. His bag dropped as he ran over to his sister, who was talking to a blonde man who was on the roof.
 
He was told the story of how the man Naruto saved his sister.
 
“Thank You, Naruto.”
 
End Flashback no Jutsu
 
“Gekido…you always were a drunkard…”
 
Flashback no Jutsu
 
All the lights were turned on in the newly rebuilt inn as the music blasted and people shouted.
 
Sayuri giggled as she saw her brother and Naruto, arms draped over each other's shoulder, laughing drunk, Gekido more so than Naruto.
 
“Sayuri! Whazza ya doin!? Thiss iz az party! Have zum fun!” Gekido shouted, clearly more drunk.
 
Sayuri just laughed.
 
End flashback no Jutsu
 
“But now…You can protect Sayuri yourself.”
 
Flashback no Jutsu
 
Gekido pulled Naruto away from talking to his little sister, saying that he wanted to talk to him.
 
They were standing outside of the Inn, and it was past 9 o'clock.
 
“Naruto, I'm leaving soon…so I have one request.” Gekido said as he turned to Naruto. “Keep her safe, Naruto, or else I'll kill you…or the other way around.”
 
End Flashback no Jutsu
 
Gekido's body hit the ground.
 
The Tenpi appeared in Naruto's hand.
 
Then Naruto's world went black.
 
&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&
Mizukage's residence
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&
 
The light entered his sight on the edge of his vision as he opened his eyes to stare at the face of Meimei.
 
“Naruto-sensei! Guys, Naruto-sensei is awake” shouted Meimei as Eidatsu and Chiba slid into the room, the Mizukage calmly walking behind them.
 
The Mizukage took a puff from his pipe as he looked at a heavily bandaged Naruto, who fighting to push himself up, against the wishes of an arguing Meimei. “So, Naruto-san…mind telling us how you know Aka Shi-shi no Gekido?”
 
Blond locks of hair fell over azure eyes as they shadowed fling tears. “I'd rather not talk about it.” Naruto said before wiping his eyes. “Anyways, where is Gekido.”
 
“Ah, right…about that…after you passed out, we took you here. When I went to retrieve Gekido's body, it was gone. And so was the cross.” The Mizukage said, taking another puff from his pipe. “There was a trail of blood, so I think that he's still alive…or that someone came and took his body, along with the cross.”
 
A hitched breath came from Naruto as he stared wide eyed at the blue robed Mizukage. There were only three people in the shinobi nations that even had the slightest interest in Gekido, that was further than his bounty.
 
“Regal…Orochimaru…or Juhdda…” Naruto murmured under his breath.
 
Deciding to change the subject, the Mizukage said, “I do believe we haven't been properly introduced. My name is Kezokou Jenai, Mizukage of Kiri.”
 
Naruto wiped away some more tears and looked up at the smiling face of the slightly older man. “Uzumaki Naruto, former shinobi of Konoha, genin sensei of Eidatsu, Chiba, and Meimei.” Naruto said, raising his hand to shake the other's.
 
Oh yes, Naruto had just made another ally.
 
“So Eidatsu, you wanna know who that kid in the picture was?”
 
A look of remembrance came over Eidatsu's face as he scrambled over to his bag, and pulled out the picture and brought it over to Naruto.
 
Taking the picture from his student, Naruto pointed to everyone in the photo. “Sakura, Sasuke, Kakashi-sensei…and me.” Naruto said as he pointed to his younger, smiling self before giving a small grin at his genin's reactions.
 
Eidatsu's mouth was on the ground,
 
Chiba's eyes were wide,
 
And Meimei had a small look of interest in her face.
 
Naruto broke out in laughter.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&
Unknownlocation
&&&&U&&&&&&&&& amp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& amp;&&&Y&&&&&&
 
“Regal-sama, welcome back!”
 
“Ohayo, Regal-sama!”
 
“Regal-sama!”
 
A brown haired man in a pair of jeans and a cargo jacket walked down the street as he waved to everyone, a smile on his face. When he reached the end of the road and came to his house, he opened the door and quickly walked over to the wall, and went through it.
 
“Ohayo, Regal-sama. The patient's status has been stabilized and we are currently working on bringing him back to consciousness.” Said Huhari, the head medic, to her master, who's warm hyuuga eyes turned to cold, pale, lavender, hyuuga eyes.
 
Taking off his jacket, Regal revealed a ripped body as he watched the operation on Gekido's body commence as he sat in his chair. “Soon…yes very soon, Gekido…”
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&
Konohagakure no Sato
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&
 
Team Seven was dismissed after the debriefing. The mission went without conflict, mainly because the Mizukage revealed that there was no assassin, he just wanted to meet Naruto.
 
Right now, Naruto was sitting in bar, sake in his hand, and his forehead on the countertop.
 
“Uzumaki Naruto, is that you?” came female voice from the entrance, turning all, well, since Naruto was the only one in the bar, heads towards her.
 
Looking over his shoulder, Naruto groggily said, “Whaddya want Anko?” he said as he scooted over, making room on the bench for her.
 
Taking a seat next to the blonde, Anko just grinned. “What? A lady can't say hello to her little gozu?”
 
“I'm not little! And I'm not yours!”
 
“You were, and yes you are.”
 
The two friends sat ins silence as time clicked by. It was broken by Naruto when he asked, “Ne, Anko…do you think you would've gone with me if I asked?”
 
Anko widened her eyes as she looked at the blonde. She knew this was a hard question for him to ask. A small smile graced her lips as she replied, “Let's not talk about the past and `what ifs'. You know you shouldn't dwell on the past Naruto.”
 
Getting up to leave, Anko took one last drink and started for the door when Naruto murmured , “Arigatou, Anko.”
 
“Anytime Gozu, and yes, I would've gone.”
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&
Training Ground 14
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&
 
“Yo!”
 
“YOU'RE LATE!”
 
“Gomen, but I kinda got a hangover…”
 
Sweatdrops graced the back of the heads of team seven as they stared at their sensei. It was a plausible excuse, but what kind of ninja got hangovers!?
 
“And thus, training is dismissed for toady, Ja!” and then `poof' went Naruto.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&
Regal's residence
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&
 
Gekido's opened his eyes to be met by a very bright light, shining down on his face.
 
“Regal-sama, the patient is awake. Orders?”
 
The Red Lion waited to hear the rest of the conversation as he strained the little chakra he had into his ears. He heard the fabric of a chair return to it's normal position as the man spoke, “Let me gat my jacket Huhari, then I'll talk to him myself.”
 
“Hai.”
 
Gekido pulled the chakra out of his ears and waited, then the man known as `Regal' came into the room, whose walls were a transparent white, and introduced himself. “Seishi Gekido, A-rank wanted nin who has a bounty equal to that of Uzumaki Naruto, the Byakko. I am Hyuuga Regal, S-rank Thought KIA nin of Konoha…pleased to meet your acquaintance.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&
A/N: At last! It is complete! I got over my writer's block earlier than expected, so be happy!
So who is Regal, and what does he want with Gekido? And is there some kind of romance brewing in between Anko and Naruto?