Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Last Order ❯ Prelude to the Start ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclimer: I don't own Naruto, but I own all OCs, original jutsu, and the juusan oni yaiba.
 
Well, it's been awhile. I've gotten a new video game, gotten my homework (somewhat) under control, and those are the causes for my lack of updating.
 
I now that PDM would be easiest to update right now, but I'm still working the chapter through in my head, so…yeah.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
 
Gekido stared blindly with an apathetic look at the supposedly dead Hyuuga male before him. S-rank AND thought KIA, so that he didn't have to deal with bounty hunters, or hunter nins?
 
Lucky bastard.

“…And what can I help you with?” said Gekido, glaring at the man who he knew had ordered him strapped to the examination table.
 
“You have the Red Cross of Efreet, which hold the locations of the other crosses. When all of the crosses are brought together, as you know, they form the twin crosses, Maxwell and Origin.” Said Regal with his eyes closed,
 
“And you want me to give you their locations, right?”
 
Shaking his head with a sigh, Regal told Huhari to get him some tea. “I wonder,” Regal said as Huhari returned, “Why does everyone assume that I just want those? No, I want something else. But I'm going to need man power.” Regal said as he set down his cup of tea. “That's why I come offering you a choice…”
 
Opening his eyes, which had oddly been closed on this time, Regal looked at Gekido's blind, onyx orbs and asked, “Will you join me? And in return…”
 
Gekido waited in baited breath
 
“I'll give you the power to kill the Uzumaki.”
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
 
Naruto sighed again as Chiba threatened Eidatsu in attempt to talk to them. He had been quiet ever since they came back from Kiri. Meimei was just looking at her sensei. He had recently taught them the tree walking, and they were now working on water walking.
 
She sighed too, but on the inside. How long was Eidatsu planning on staying quiet?She was growing worried about. He hadn't been focusing as well on missions anymore had hadn't been eating much anymore.
 
Said oranged haired boy was currently staring at the polished wooden floor of the Hokage's office as his mind was amuck. Why hadn't his sensei told them that he was the Byakko? He knew that only one person could use the technique Naruto used to beat Gekido.
 
Tsunade looked at the group of four with silent confusion in her eyes. What had happened in the mist? She could the chakra of more seals on Naruto, so she guessed something big went down…
 
Ah, she could ask later.
 
“AHEM! Might I ask what you want?” she said with a tick above her brow.
 
Naruto turned his gaze to Tsunade's and sent the silent message, why am I keeping with this again?
 
She grinned on the inside and sent the message, Because I asked you to.
 
“Obaa-chan, I'd like to take my team on a training mission before the you-know-whats come `round.” asked Naruto.
 
It was here that Tsunade asked the genin to leave the room, saying that she needed to talk to Naruto alone. When the genin had left, she turned to the window and asked, “What are you planning on doing?”
 
“I plan on taking them to the other countries, break a few rules, see a couple of old friends, call in a couple of favors, and pick up a little something.” Naruto said as he stood next to her, looking over the roofs of Konoha.
 
“The war is coming Tsunade…and I want no part of it, and nor do I want them to be in it. I've only stayed as long as I have because of those three. The story of Uzumaki Naruto, man who'd defend Konoha till the bitter end, finished it's final chapter a long time ago.”
 
Tsunade sighed as she heard him. “Alright, but I'll only allow this on two conditions Naruto.” she said as she sat back down at her desk, shuffling through some papers. “You have to search for Orochimaru, and return any information you find to me, and…tell me how much longer you plan to help us.”
 
With a sigh of resignation, Naruto murmured, “Three months.”
 
“Right after the exams then? ….all right. Uzumaki Naruto, I hereby give you permission to take your students on training trip. You will have to inform their parents, and return before the Chuunin Exams.” Tsunade said as she filled out a piece of paper and handed it to the younger blonde. “Be careful.”
 
Silence.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
 
In the bar…well, since it's the only bar Konoha HAD thanks to Sarutobi (who shut most of them down incase Tsunade returned to the village) sat Anko, who's chin rested on her empty palm, just staring at the rain pouring down outside. It had been raining for a while. Her saki had gone cold, meaning she was there for a while.
 
The bar was empty, excluding the bartender, Rejuho the elderly man who owned it, who was cleaning glasses when the door opened and the bell jingled slightly. Looking up, Rejuho smiled softly, and titled his head towards Anko, who was still gazing at the rain.
 
Pulling up a chair next to her, which she hadn't heard because she was so zoned out, Naruto said, “The rain always calmed me down, did you know that?” he said, alerting her of his presence.
 
Snapping her head towards him, Anko gave a soft smiled when she saw who it was before looking back to the window. “No, I didn't know that. So, who can I help you with, Naru-kun?”
 
With a sigh, Naruto said, “I'll be leaving the village in three months, right after the chuunin exams.”
 
“What?! Why!?”
 
“I've only stayed this log for a couple of people. I'm taking my team on a training mission for a month and a half. So, I thought I might spend the last couple of my days here with my most important people.”
 
“But why are you leaving?!” Anko shouted at him.
 
“Gomen, demo…I cannot tell you…” and with that, Naruto got up and left, picking up her saki, drinking it, and getting up, leaving Anko there, sitting in her chair.
 
She was just staring at the door which just jingled, signifying that Naruto left the bar, before she noticed the note in her saki cup. Picking it up, she opened it.
 
It held five words.
 
Thank you for everything, Anko
 
“I've seen those types of goodbyes before. Never understood why the person they give it to just breaks down crying.” Said Rejuho, putting up a glass. “Go after him, Anko. This ones on the house.” He said, smiling at her.
 
He didn't need to say anything else. She was already out the door running down the pouring street. Young people are so naïve…
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
 
Naruto was getting drenched, and his heart was hurting. Back when he married Sayuri and developed feelings for her, he still held feelings for the purple haired jonin he just left at the bar. He still had those feelings…
 
After, it is possible to be in love with two people at once.
 
His hair was being matted against his forehead, his shoes were making small splashing sounds and his clothes were weighing him down, when something grabbed the material of soaked jacket.
 
Anko had caught up with him, her hair wet against her back, her pressing herself against his, holding two fistfuls of the jacket. He had stopped moving, and she was staring at the ground.
 
“Please,” she murmured, just loud enough for Naruto to hear her. “Don't go…” Anko was glad that the streets were practically empty and it was late. She didn't know why, but for some reason, she needed the blonde haired man in front of her.
 
Naruto had stopped, and could feel her body pressing against his. His back was feeling warmer now, and the rain was getting both of them soaked. There were people running down the streets rushing to get out the rain that was coming down.
 
“Please! Don't go…not now…”
 
“Anko…” Naruto said as he turned around and pulled her into his toned torso.
 
The streets of Konoha were empty now, leaving them thee, Anko's purple hair cascading down her back and Naruto's falling every which direction. They were looking up at each other now, her hands pressing flat against his muscular build, his arms wrapped around her back.
 
Ocean blue met abyss purple.
 
Gold melted with violet.
 
Breaths mingled with each other.
 
`Anko…you said you'd go with me if I asked…thank you.'
 
“Not for a while…” Naruto said, closing the distance between them, leaning down and capturing her lips in a soft, but passionate kiss.
 
-----
 
Jiraiya smiled as he saw his student and Anko. He noticed that they were both enjoying it, wanting the moment never to break. Both their eyes were closed, and their arms were pulling the other closer in an attempt to deepen the kiss.
 
He wouldn't sully this moment by putting it in Icha Icha.
 
(that was my first attempt at fluff…)
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&
 
Bored.
 
That's the only word that could describe how Gekido was feeling after staring at the roof for 29 hours.
 
Oh! Irritated was another word that could describe how Gekido was feeling.
 
The one they had called Regal had made only one appearance, the time that he offered him the power to kill Naruto.
 
He felt another presence enter the room. He recognized it as Huhari, the head nurse and the one he thought was the lover of Regal. No doubt she was carrying another tray of that damned hospital food.
 
How he hated it.
 
“Gekido-san,” Huhari said in her ever monotone voice. “Your body is well enough for you to move, and thus Regal-sama wishes you to come to his office.” She said as she undid the straps. “He knows you won't run. Your clothes are on a chair to your right from the door. Talk to anyone of the nurses for them o take you to Regal-sama.
 
She left, leaving the hospital food on his lap.
 
Knocking it aside with a clatter as it hit the ground, he felt for the door, found his clothes and threw them on.
 
No doubt Regal had his cross.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
Konoha: Day of the Chuunin Exams
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
 
“Glad you could make it.” Said Naruto, sensei of team seven as he stood infront of his genin at the door to the first exam. He had given each of them the slips for the exam, saying that they didn't all have to go, just like his sensei, as a final test. “If any one of you hadn't come, I couldn't let you through.”
 
The genin smirked, knowing that after what their sensei put them through, they were ready.
 
Eidatsu, coming to peace knowing that his sensei was the Byakko, sported a new look, wearing a gauntlet over his left arm that was littered with seals and getting both his ears pierced with silver. He wore a cloak like Naruto's, except it didn't have the black and white designs and stopped at the knee. He wore no under shirt, showing off some scars from unknown causes, some from the training he had been put through. He wore baggy navy blue nin pants and traditional sandals of the samurai.
 
Chiba had grown out his hair to his mid back and kept it out of his face with his headband. He wore a sleeveless black muscle shirt and black gloves, and particularly long one on his right. Black baggy pants and black nin sandals were his outfit.
 
Meimei had opted for a crimson mini-skirt and tight tank top overlaid by a maroon jacket. The back of the jacket held the kanji for `Sunlight' and she had on blue nin sandals. Her nin pouch didn't have any kunai or shuriken, just scrolls and tags.
 
“Good luck you guys.” Said Naruto as he opened the door for them. He didn't change one bit…not including the small change in hair length.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
 
“So the rejects finally show up!” came a brutish voice from the left of team seven.
 
“Akamichi Tsugo. Team Four. Teammates include Akamichi Granza and Inuzuka Shiri. Jonin Sensei, Nagi Tsume.” Said Chiba, walking past the now gathered team.
 
“So you guys made it too, huh?”
 
“Nara Shinzo. Team Nine. Teammates include Yamanaka Yozu and Hyuuga Kri. Jonin Sensei is the ever hot Shirigono Kuzakumaru.” Said Meimei as she walked with a gentle sway of her hips past the team on their right.
 
“Well, well, fresh genin right out of the academy. Bet the ones that just gave info are the recon and info gathering team.” Said a group of rain nin in front of all of them.
 
“Amu Triji, Kazunaku Ginji, and Renzu Shuza of Ame, Jonin sensei is ranked B-rank in Konoha's bingo book and his name is Juja Lokramaru.” Said Eidatsu, walking past them, to meet the glares of the rest of the chuunin hopefuls. “I've got message for you all…” he stopped with a feral grin on his face as his orange hair covered his eyes.
 
“If you don't wanna die,”
 
“We suggest,” said Meimei as she walked next to Eidatsu.
 
“You completely avoid Team Seven.” finished Chiba as he walked next to Eidatsu's left.
 
Laughter broke out from behind and in some in front of them, before a voice broke through it all.
 
“ALL RIGHT CUNT SUCKERS! SIT YOUR ASSES DOWN AND SHUT UP! THIS IS THE START OF THE FIRST EXAM! WELCOME TO HELL!”
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&
 
“Wow. Never thought the proctor would be her…” mumbled Naruto as he walked down the hall.
 
He had no doubt in his teams abilities, after putting them through what he had.
 
He made them learn their chakra nature.
 
Learn to summon. (by throwing them off a cliff…die or succeed)
 
And have them survive five minutes against him not holding back. (lets just say that Chiba nearly got turned to sushi…emo-sushi anyone?)
 
Yep, no doubt.
 
“You seem pretty sure of your team, Naru-kun.” said a sultry voice from around the corner before he was locked in a tongue battle with Anko.
 
“Anko-chan?”
 
“Ha-“ she didn't finish before he words were muffled by Naruto's mouth.
 
30 seconds later: Anko's back was against the wall and they were slowly sliding down the wall.
 
“Well, this is interesting.” came another voice, breaking the couple apart, but not out of each other's arms.
 
They didn't care who knew about them THAT much.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
 
After the proctor had finished writing down the rules and everyone got seated, the proctor properly introduced themselves.
 
“Due to past events in the Chuunin Exams, we have three proctors per round! To my left is Inuzuka Kiba! My right, Yamanaka Ino!”
 
`Three? Why do we need three proctors? Does it have to do with the Konoha-Oto invasion?' thought Chiba as he narrowed his eyes at the rules. `That's understandable…but what's with these rules? According to Naruto-sensei, these are the same rules he dealt with. But normally, if you're caught cheating even once you're stopped and kicked out…and the minus two thing…that means we can only cheat five times…wait a minute! The message here isn't NOT to cheat, it is to cheat! Then…that means we have to cheat very, well. And those proctors come from clans that specialize in intelligence gathering and recon…they're going to catch us anyway, so we only have to pass their standards. Meimei can probably figure it out, but what about dobe?...' finished Chiba, leaning back in his chair.
 
`So one of the demon's brats have figured it out…' thought Ino as she glared at Chiba, though making it look like she was glaring at the room.
 
“You'll be given the test individually, as they will be passed out to you. Now, I'll go over the rules…”
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
 
My ex-apprentice and the Kyuubi jinchuuriki…well, well, well…” said the snake-like voice.
 
Jumping out of each other's arms, the two ninja faced the one that was talking to them.
 
“Orochimaru…may I ask what your business here is?” asked Naruto with a slight edge to his voice as he reached for a kunai.
 
Orochimaru, who was in yet another false disguise, Naruto only recognized him through chakra feel, said, “Please boy, I haven't come to restart my war…yet. I'm looking for potential candidates for my army. The Eidatsu boy was showing some unusual chakra I his legs…”
 
Orochimaru didn't have time to finish his taunting sentence before a kunai was pressed against his neck. “You will not touch him…” said Naruto in the snake sannin's ear with an icy chill attached.
 
“My, my, boy. You do realize that while we are both suppressing our chakra signatures, and you know what I can cause here. As for the silent question, how did I get here? I was born and raised here, and thus I know the village inside and out, much like you.”
 
“I know what damage you can cause! But be warned Orochimaru, one little flare of my chakra and three jonin in the exam room will know something's goin' down. And you hace information I want.”
 
“Nani? Naru-kun, what are you talking about? What could that Snake bastard have?” asked Anko, walking up behind Naruto, taking her own kunai and readying it.
 
“Information on a murderer. So, Orochimaru, I'll make you a deal.”
 
“Naruto! You can't be serious!”
 
“Oh? A deal? What might it be Naruto-san?” asked Orochimaru, curiosity clearly evident in his voice.
 
“You let me see info on every one of your subordinates, oh and don't worry, I won't copy them, and you leave here alive.”
 
Naruto got no reply, because the Orochimaru in front of him had turned into a pile of mud at his feet.
 
He wouldn't notice the letter in his pocket till later.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
 
Now, Gekido normally wasn't curious. What people did didn't bother him unless they did something to people close to him. THEN he got started to snooping around.
 
Now when he asked a nurse to lead him to Regal, he wasn't expecting to see his best friend leaning against the wall of Regal's office.
 
“Gira? Yokozuna Gira!” shouted Gekido as he recognized the chakra signature and ran at the person to give them a hug.
 
The figure, now known as Gira, looked at the running brunette. Lifting up his leg, he slammed it point blank into Gekido's face.
 
“You two now each other?” asked Regal from his desk, turning his narrowed Hyuuga eyes from Gira to Gekido.
 
“Once upon a time.” said Gira in an apathetic tone.
 
Gira was a unique character. His hair was black and put into a small pony tail, leaving two long bags to end at his chin, perfectly framing his face. Two brown eyes looked on behind a pair of glasses, as a sword was strapped to his waist. He had broad shoulders, and a slim build. He wore a red haori with a pair of navy hakama, a black obi around the waist. The haori was decorated with the design of a black tree on the back, its branches extending to the front. A pair of wooden getas was on his feet, adding a good 2 inches making him 5'8.
 
“Once upon a time? Man, that's cold, Gira.” Pouted Gekido as he rubbed his face.
 
Leaning back in his chair, which was made of fine leather, regal said, “Well, since you two already know each other, we can skip name formalities. Gekido, Gira here is my right hand man. Now, down to business, most people believe that it is unwise to have two right hands, for it will cause them to fight over who is the true right hand.” Regal paused as he took out a cigarette and put it to his lips, lighting it a second later. “But I'm not like most people. And Gira here knows that, and that's why he's agreed to my second right hand…you.”
 
Gekido turned to the voice, and gave a mock glare, “Eh? Second right hand? What's that mean? Do I get to do what I want?”
 
Sweat-dropping, Regal sighed, “Mostly, yes. You just have to do what I ask. Unless I give you order of free-reign, you have to do what I ask, when I ask it.”
 
“And what do I get out of this?”
 
Smirking, Regal cracked open an eye and looked at he waiting Gekido, “Power, freedom…and your cross back.”
 
“Deal.” Was the only word said by Gekido in the next half-a-second.
 
Regal grinned.
 
Gira nodded.
 
“So when do we start?”
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
 
“Now that the tests have been passed out and you bastards have been seated, it's time to begin the first exam.” said Kiba as he leaned against a nearby wall.
 
“We wish you luck.” commented Ino.
 
“And welcome to your one way ticket to hell,” third proctor of the first exam stated. “Courtesy of Hyuuga Hinata.” finished Hinata.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
 
A/N: I'M BACK BABY!
 
For those who couldn't tell, I modeled Gira's body after Jin from Samurai Champloo, with a few moderations here and there.
 
…But how many of you seriously thought Hina was going to be a proctor?