Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Last Order ❯ This is a little late...Eight Dead, One Remaining ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own all my original jutsu and OCs , the plot, and all original props. I don't own Naruto though.
 
Hey there! Hope you guys are having a happy Christmas or whatever you celebrate during this season!
 
Guess where I am? No, I'm not staying up late in my bed typing in Kansas City. I'm in NORTH CAROLINA! My home state.
 
Enough of my talking. You didn't come here to hear my ranting, you came for the chapter!
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
 
Hinata looked at her watch, then to the clock on the wall. “Alright maggots, pencils down!” she shouted, making sure that there pencils were down before Kiba and Ino started collecting the papers. “It's 45 minutes into the exam, meaning that the tenth question, described on the board since I don't feel like explaining, is about to be released.”
 
Hinata's eyes scanned over the hopefuls, a glare in her gaze as she looked for any doubt or fear.
 
There were bucket loads.
 
102 teams (306 genin) had been eliminated out of 200 teams. (600 genin)
 
The rookies were in a cold sweat, and were tensing.
 
The rain nin just wore an apathetic look and were tensed.
 
And all the others were afraid, doubt raging in their minds, like a feeding fire.
 
But yet, Naruto's genin team just didn't care.
 
Eidatsu was asleep.
 
Meimei was messing with her pencil, leaning on her desk.
 
And Chiba was asleep to.
 
Pulling out three kunai, she threw them at the three mentioned genin.
 
Shock was the only thing that could be said.
 
All the genin watched as the kunai raced at their targets, their eyes wide.
 
Meimei just threw her pencil-packed-with-chakra at the oncoming kunai, tearing it apart.
 
Eidatsu woke the second it got within a foot of him and grabbed it with his right hand, before moving faster than most eyes could see and stabbing it in the chalk board, right behind Hinata.
 
Chiba just caught it between his fingers…right in front of his forehead.
 
Hinata just stared at the three with an apathetic look, before saying, “Don't joke around in here or you'll find yourself without your life. Now,” she said. “As you know, the tenth question was to be released 45 minutes into the exam. This is a rather simple question, but there's a catch…you miss it, you lose your chance to make chuunin, and you're pulled from the ninja life…forever.”
 
“What?! That's crazy!” shouted some random kusa genin.
 
“Well then, let me ask you this. You're given a mission where you must infiltrate an enemy outpost and steal a document describing war plans. Ninja are everywhere and the survival rate is less than 5%. Do you take it or not? Do you take it and make the possibility of coming out alive, or leave it, making the possibility of your comrades dying?”
 
Hinata received no answer.
 
“Of course you do!” she yelled at them with an edge to her voice. “There is no choice! You were given that mission because they believe you could survive it! You're expected to come back alive with the document and not know anything in it. Another situation. You know information about the weak point in a battle formation, and you've been captured by enemy ninja. You're tortured into giving information to them. Do you tell them or not?”
 
Still no answer.
 
“You don't! You either survive, or take it down to the grave with you! That fact alone that you have the information means you're expected to protect with your very life!” Hinata shouted, turning around and lifting up the back of her shirt, revealing burns, scars, places of impalement, and whip lashes.
 
Meimei instantly recognized this person now. “The Sunny Immortal…Hyuuga Hinata…So she still lives…”she murmured quietly.
 
However, the chuunin and higher heard her, but said nothing.
 
“So I ask, are you ready for this responsibility? Are you ready for that burden? If you feel like you're not, you are welcome to quit, now, but bear in mind that if you quit here, you bring everyone down. If you quit, you're welcome to try again in six months.”
 
Needles to say, 47 more teams bit the dust. (141 genin)
 
Hinata's eyes scanned the genin one last time, searching for any fear. All of the rookies had made it by. And so had the rain genin that had been talking to them survived. Now, all that was left was to tell them…
 
“Congratulations are now in order. Everyone of you that has remained has earned the rite to take the second exam.” Kiba said, breaking out in a smile, revealing wolfish canines.
 
And with that, two people walked into the room.
 
“Damn, Hinata. 49 teams. Better than I did on yours…” muttered same, bald, scarred in gruesome fashions Ibiki, and beside him stood non other than…
 
Rock Lee.
 
“YOSH! ANY REMAINING TEAMS PLEASE FOLLOW US WITH YOUR FLAMES OF YOUTH! TO THE FOREST OF DEATH!” shouted Lee, putting one foot on a nearby desk and pointing at the sky.
 
Lee hadn't changed much. His bushy eyebrows still remained, and so did the green spandex (After all, he wouldn't be Lee without it.). He wore a jonin jacket over the spandex, and orange leg warmers covered weights. He wore black finger less gloves with spikes on the knuckles, making his punches do more damage, and had his left ear pierced.
 
And a gold ring on his right ring finger.
 
“Lee, for Kami's sake shut up!” yelled Hinata at the green flea on soldier pills.
 
“Gomen Hinata, but these genin have flames of youth that shine brightly!”
 
With a sigh, Ino smacked her forehead. “Honestly, I don't know how Hitomi can deal with you…”
 
“Oh yeah, well what about Shino and Hinata? They're a pretty unique couple.” Kiba said, plopping down in a chair, clearly bored…or tired…or maybe both.
 
“What was that Kiba?!” shouted Hinata.
 
*cough* “I hate to break this…interesting topic, but Lee, we have to take these guys to the forest.” said Ibiki.
 
“ALRIGHT! ALL REMAINING GENIN, WE LEAVE NOW!” Lee shouted before poofing to the forest, waiting for Ibiki with the other Proctor.
 
Ibiki put on his sadistic smile, which properly creeped out the genin, before he led them to the forest…that would lead many of them to their deaths.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
 
Naruto sat on the steps of the academy, his head in his hands. Anko had worrying about, persistent to get Naruto to tell her what he really wanted from the snake. She had been called by Tsunade for Kami-knows-what, and now here he was…
 
*sigh* “Life is to troublesome…” Naruto murmured, staring at the clouds. “Great, now I'm becoming like Shikamaru…” Standing up, he started walking towards the graveyard. He felt like he had to move on. “It's like that old saying…Time can't be reversed, only moved forward…” lifting up a hand, he ran his fingers through his golden locks. Then, he placed his hands in his pockets, and felt something.
 
Lifting it up, he realized it was a note. Opening it up, he stopped walking when he read it.
 
It fell deafly to the floor, as Naruto took off towards the Forest of Death.
 
I'll meet you where the Snake delivered Heaven.
 
Orochimaru would meet Naruto where he bit Sasuke.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
 
Ibiki arrived at the entrance to the forest with the genin in tow. After the genin all arrived, he took his place next to the other proctors where a certain silver haired masked man took the stage.
 
“Yo, You guy are late. Anyways, congrats on making it this far. The place you see behind me is known as training area 44, known to the chuunin and higher as the Forest of Death. It's divided up into 6 parts, each part corresponding to a certain mission difficulty. Hope that you pick the easy part. If not…well then good luck. Now, Lee, if you would?” finished Kakashi, stepping back.
 
Kakashi didn't change…at all. The end.
 
“YOSH! BECAUSE THIS IS MOST LIKELY THE MOST DANGEROUS PART OF THE EXAM, YOU MUST SIGN THESE CONSENT FORMS BEFORE ENTERING TH FOREST WITH YOUR FLAMES OF YOUTH!” Lee yelled as he passed out the consent forms.
 
“Consent forms? That means people are gonna die…” Eidatsu said, barely above a whisper. “How many can we kill? 3? 9? 30?!” Eidatsu murmured, a gleeful smile on his face, a crazed look in his eyes.
 
Lee returned back to the line the proctors stood in, and put on a fierce glare…all for effect. Kakashi, once again, took the stage. “Yes, people will die. These are so Konoha…in the basic sense can't get sued for your deaths…if you die. If you decide to sign them, you'll be allowed to continue. If you don't, try again in six months.”
 
Needles to say, all the consent forms were signed.
 
“Alright,” said Ibiki, deciding to take over. “Now that you all have signed, you are to go over to that booth, where you will receive either a Earth or Heaven Scroll. Which ever one you get, you want to get the other. Meaning, by the time you reach the tower I the center of the forest, which is your goal, you're to have both scrolls, all three of your teammates in a recoverable condition. Now, get moving!” he shouted at them, which got the genin to move.
 
“Alright, now that you have a scroll, pick a gate, and wait for the bell. You have five days to make it to the tower with the scrolls and your teammates and you can't leave before the exam is over. Oh, one more thing. If you open the scrolls before reaching the tower, you're disqualified.” Kakashi finished, leaning against a tree as he pulled out crack for ninjas…
 
Porn.
 
All the teams had started picking a gate, except for Team seven (Naru's team if you can't remember), who were discussing what their plan was.
 
“I say we just go straight. It's a direct path to the tower, meaning we can't go wrong.” Said Eidatsu, sitting down on a nearby rock.
 
“We should just follow the river. The tower needs a source of water, and that'd be it.” suggested Meimei.
 
“I agree with Meimei. Eidatsu, can you hear the river?” asked Chiba, looking at the orange haired teen.
 
“Tch, fine.” mumbled Eidatsu, entering a meditation pose, and listened for the river.
 
Multitudes of sounds assaulted his ears as he listened for the river…
 
A bluebird's song…
 
A lion's roar…
 
The falling of a leaf…
 
The slither of a snake…
 
The snapping jaws of a fox…
 
The rushing of water…
 
“Gate 32.” Eidatsu said, snapping his eyes open and walking to the gate with his teammates in tow.
 
“I still don't know how he does it…” mumbled Meimei, picking up a scroll she had been writing on.
 
“It's Eidatsu. Whatever training Naruto-sensei put him through paid off. Look where it's brought us.” Ciba said, catching a kunai he was throwing in the air and placing it in his pouch.
 
They arrived at the gate.
 
5 minutes later, the bell rang.
 
They ran into the forest.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
 
Naruto jumped form branch to branch as he followed the path that he and his team took during their exam. It seemed that the place where Sasuke stabbed the rain genin was still bloodstained.
 
He landed softly on the branch where Sasuke had been bitten. Ironically, he was standing where the Uchiha did.
 
And there was Orochimaru. He had abandoned his disguise, and was now wearing a black hoari and purple yukata. The signature purple bow was around his waist. Yellow eyes and long black hair with earnings were his face.
 
“Same old Orochimaru. Pale complexion and all…” murmured Naruto, not lifting his gaze from the sannin.
 
“Naruto-kun, I see you came.” Orochimaru said, smirking.
 
They started walking towards each other, until they right in front of one another, Orochimaru looking down slightly at the shorter male.
 
“May I ask what you want, hebi?” Naruto asked, glare adorning his features.
 
Orochimaru just held that evil smile on his face as he pulled out some papers. Holding them in front of his face, he said, “These are what you're looking for, right Naruto-kun?”
 
The papers appeared to be information papers, stating everything about the people.
 
And the most peculiar thing about them was that they were about Orochiamaru's ninja.
 
Naruto reached out for them, but the snake sannin pulled them back. Glaring, Naruto asked, “Whaddya want?”
 
“Oh, absolutely nothing. Except the reason why.”
 
“My late wife's death may concern a ninja of yours…”
 
“Ah…I see. Very well boy. I'll give you the papers. At least until you find what you needed.” Orochimaru said, handing Naruto the papers. “But, in this, you owe me a debt, Uzumaki Naruto.” And with that, he jumped higher into the trees, leaving the papers with Naruto on the branch…
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
 
It was dark in the forest, even though it was bright as day outside it. The giant trees surrounded them, obscuring the light, adding the feel of a holy place as team seven sat at the foot of a tree that had sunlight shining on it.
 
“Eidatsu, are you sure that people are coming this way?” Meimei asked, putting her chin in her hands, clearly bored as she sat on a root.
 
“Yes, I don't doubt you're sensing skills since sensei trained you to specialize mainly in that field, but why would they follow us?” asked Chiba, leaning against the tree.
 
“Our little presentation in the first exam made us public enemy number one, making us prime targets. That makes them think that we're weak and over estimating our skills.” Said Eidatsu, who was sitting down, leaning against the tree, one leg raised as a arm rest for his gauntlet covered arm. “They're here…” he said as he stood and faced forward, staring in front of the group.
 
A group of Taki nin bursted from the brush, smirking at them, feeling triumphant for whatever reason.
 
“Well, well! Look what we have here fellas! A group of fresh rookies, right out of the academy!” shouted Taki-nin #1
 
“Meimei-chan. Tsugo and his team are off to the side, watching us. Let them be. Alright?” Eidatsu whispered to his purple haired teammate, who relayed it to Chiba, who nodded in understanding. “Also…leave these guys to me.” He said, but loud enough for every one to hear him.
 
Tsugo, Granza, and Shiri watched on in interest as they watched their fellow rookie about to take on three seasoned genin, alone for that matter.
 
“Tch…looks like your precious crush is going to die, Shiri.” Tsugo said, snickering.
 
“Nii-san, don't say things like that…”scolded Granza, a disappointed tone in his voice.
 
Shiri just ignored them. She may have been an Inuzuka, but she, or her dog, Renka, were going to stand for his death.
 
She was about to jump out there when the Taki nin just laughed.
 
“You think you can beat us alone, kid?” laughed Taki-nin #2
 
“A snowball has a better chance of surviving in hell!” said Taki-nin #3.
 
“Oh, I don't intend to beat you…” said Eidatsu, before he blurred out of existence, and reappeared behind Taki-nin 2 and 3.
 
“I intend to kill you.” And with that, he pulled out two kunai, and jammed them into their throats, killing the stunned Taki-nin instantly.
 
And yet, his teammates weren't shocked at what he did.
 
But Tsugo and company were.
 
“W-what the hell?! Did the dobe just use JONIN speed?! Let alone kill?!” shouted Tsugo, backing away from the scene as blood began decorating the forest.
 
“This isn't the same Eidatsu…” murmured Granza, holding his throat.
 
Shiri, was just standing there, shocked at what he did. Eidatsu would never so this! And his teammates weren't even stopping him! “Eidatsu-kun…”
 
With Eidatsu and the remaining Taki-nin, who was now backing away in fear, Eidatsu was walking towards the man.
 
“S-stay b-b-back! I-I'll kill you i-if you d-don't!” he hysterically shouted, before his words were muffled by a gauntlet covered hand.
 
“You're annoying…”Eidatsu sighed, before clenching his left hand, driving the claws of his gauntlet into the man's skull, killing his brutally.
 
Searching the bodies, he eventually found an Earth Scroll, and asked, “Chiba, what scroll do we have?”
 
“Earth…”
 
“Ah…Well, Tsugo! If you need this one, you can have it!” Eidatsu shouted, throwing the scroll over his shoulder. “And make sure Shiri-chan makes it through okay!”
 
And with that, he walked away from the bloody scene…
 
The tainted holy place…
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
 
Naruto couldn't believe his eyes.
 
He had double checked them, checked for everything from genjutsu to stickers covering faces…
 
And he couldn't find her.
 
He couldn't find Sayuri's killer!
 
“Orochimaru!” Naruto shouted, jumping into the trees, leaving the papers on the branch, and grabbing the hebi-sannin by his shirt. “Are you fucking with me!? ARE YOU FUCKING WITH ME!?” he shouted, ramming Orochimaru's back against the tree. “IS THAT ALL!? IS THAT ALL OF THEM!?”
 
“All of what boy!?” glared Orochimaru at the Byakko.
 
“IS THAT ALL OF THEM!? IS THAT ALL OF YOUR NIN!? TELL ME DAMNIT!” Naruto shouted, shaking the sannin in a grip.
 
“THAT'S ALL OF THEM! THAT'S EVERY SINGLE ONE! NOW, RELEASE ME UZUMAKI!” Orochimaru shouted back.
 
Letting go of the hebi, Naruto jumped back down to the branch below going through the papers yet again.
 
She wasn't there!
 
Following the blonde below, Orochimaru glared at him and said angrily, `Just who were you looking for!?”
 
He received no answer. The papers were shoved in his hand, and he received a word of thanks, before Naruto jumped down to the ground, and raced to the exit.
 
He needed to talk to Tsunade.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
 
`Night at last…we can begin.' Thought Gira, as he stood in front of squad of nin under Regal's command. They were standing on top of hill in the pitch black of night, and not a single bit of moonlight shone. A village stood at the bottom of the hill, lights and smoke, rising out of chimneys.
 
Gira led the squad to the gates of the village, and then, the gatekeeper stepped out of his hut, and held up a lantern to see their faces. He saw 10 figures, all wearing cloaks, and straw hats, keeping him from seeing their faces very well. There was also a constant `clak clak' with every step their leader took.
 
“Who goes there?!” shouted the old gatekeeper, looking at the approaching figures. He received no answer. “I said who goes there?!”
 
The front figure, whose red haori you could see beneath his cloak, reached inside his cloak.
 
Then all of hell broke loose.
 
******
Gira saw a light being held up as the gatekeeper stepped out of his hut. The man shouted at he and his squad as they approached ever closer. He heard the man shout a second time, before he reached inside his cloak, and pulled out the Kuro Renge (Black Lotus).
 
Then all of hell broke loose.
 
****** (change in POV)
 
The gatekeeper widened his eyes in fear as he saw the black blade glint in the light of the lantern. He saw the nine men behind the man reach inside their cloaks and pull out swords as well.
 
The old man turned around and started running for the gate.
 
He never made it.
 
A sickening sound of a blade being pulled from flesh resounded before nine figures darted into the village, and screams ripped through the night.
 
Gira watched as fires started climbing into the air, roaring, burning, destroying things in the dark foggy night as he looked down at the old man's dead body.
 
Reaching down, Gira closed the man's eyes, and stood up again.
 
The blood red moon would rise at dawn…
 
%%%%%%(Time Change)
 
Gira looked at the destruction and death that had happened during the night. He sighed. He really didn't like killing innocents.
 
Scratch that. He didn't like killing people at ALL.
 
He was given an order to attack this village, it was a key point to Konoha's resources. It supplied food and water, even emergency ninja, even if they weren't that good.
 
Regal had told him to take it out, and to leave no survivors, they couldn't let his plan reach ears yet.
 
His men were looking through the remains of the village for survivors and were killing them.
 
A baby's cry rang through the dawn as Gira looked to his right, and the remains of a still burning house.
 
Pushing some scorched wood out of the way, Gira came across came across two survivors.
 
A baby and his mother.
 
The mother's eyes were wide with fear, and she was holding her baby close. She was trying to back away from him, trying to get away. He set down his blade, and looked her over.
 
Gira just stared at her. She was very beautiful, had flowing brown hair, and soft caring features that shouldn't have been racked with fear. He couldn't tell because she was sitting down, but she appeared to be about 5'4, and was…very well `equipped'. Her eyes were a sparkling hazel, and she held a caring, but cautious air about her. Her clothes were torn in some places, and she curled up into a ball, bringing her legs close, and holding her child to her chest.
 
His men would be here soon, no doubt hearing the baby's cry…
 
The women spoke with a trembling voice, but kept her words straight.
 
“What are you going to do to us?”
 
Gira picked up his set down blade…
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&
 
Tsunade sighed as she sat her desk. There were reports of a mysterious activities near Iwa, but weren't related to Iwa itself. There had been villages that hadn't been sending reports anymore, and there weren't as many people entering Konoha from the west gate anymore.
 
Also, Suna had been sending in reports of villages being destroyed, leaving no survivors. But the thing was…
 
They were all key villages in war.
 
“I'm too old for this shit…” she mumbled, rubbing her temples.
 
“Funny, Sarutobi-sensei always said the same thing too.” chuckled Jiraiya, as he sat on the railing of the balcony. “So, what's going on?” he asked, after jumping through the window.
 
“A number of villages have been wiped out. And the thing is that they're key villages in war.” said the Godaime, opening a drawer in her desk and pulling out a sake bottle. “And there have been no survivors either.” she finished before taking a swig of the alcoholic drink.
 
Jiraiya sighed as he plopped down on the coach of the couch in her office. Debating inwardly if he should tell her or not, she asked, “What have Akatsuki been up to?”
 
Looking up at her, he said, “…Naruto's the last one left.”
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
A/N: Ah, I think this is a good place to end it for today.
And if you couldn't tell…no, I won't tell. Hope you enjoyed your Christmas gift.
And for my Christmas gift from you all, can you give me reviews?