Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Last Order ❯ Revenge is Sweetest When it's Red ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:…haven't we gone over this? I own what's mine. Naruto is not mine.
 
Alright, I think you all have noticed I'm focusing more on LO at the moment…that's mainly because it's easier to write right now.
 
I'll try to update PDM soon, but no promises. STMB will have to wait. That's not gonna be more than 25 chaps I promise ya on that.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
 
Naruto dashed through the forest, his eyes set in an angered glare. How dare they do this?! Sayuri was not a tool for them to use to lure them to their side. She was his late wife, supposedly killed by an Oto NOTE, Oto's form of ANBU.
 
But no, she was killed by a Konoha ANBU.
 
He was already half way to the tower. The forest was on the south east end, but knowing how fast he could run…
 
It was the same as 30yds.
 
“Naruto! What's the rush?” came a cheery voice as Naruto came to a halt.
 
“Jiraiya?”
 
The white haired sannin was beginning to show signs of aging. Wrinkles were beginning to form and his hairline was just barely starting to recede. He was smiling at Naruto kindly, his eyes showing no betrayal that Naruto could detect.
 
And Naruto was REALLY good at detecting emotions.
 
“Where you heading?”
 
“…Hokage Tower.”
 
“Going to see Tsunade, huh?”
 
“Yeah…”
 
Noticing a sadness in his pupils voice, Jiraiya placed a hand on his shoulder and said, “Naruto, is something wrong? Anything you want to tell me?”
 
“No nothing…”
 
Worry passed through Jiraiya's eyes as he said, “Alright, but know you can always talk to me if you need something, or just need to talk to someone. You're like a grandson to me kid…”
 
A pang hit Naruto's heart as he made a silent wish as he watched Jiraiya remove his hand and jump off towards some location…
 
Probably the hot springs,
 
That his theory was wrong. But if it was right…
 
He hoped to whatever Kami was listening, they would get him out of Konoha.
 
And so he continued on his way to Hokage tower.
 
 
Up in heaven, a certain green-skinned alien smiled down at Naruto as he yelled, “Mr. Popo! Send one of the angels to keep an eye on Jiraiya.”
 
The short, pure black man nodded before fetching a spirit in a bottle, and letting it loose.
 
(A/N: sorry, just had to add that. Been having tat ace in me sleeve since yah last saw kate.) (Means last Tuesday that does.)
 
 
Naruto appeared in front of Hokage tower as he knocked out the chuunin guards before they even realized what happened and then zoomed up the stairs. He knocked the two ANBU guards at the front of Tsunade's door before bursting it open, and glaaring at Tsunade, who was calmly sitting in front of him, hands folded.
 
“Alright Tsunade, cards on the table. Who was that person who killed Sayuri?!” he yelled at her, his chakra flailing, scorching the room.
 
“Naruto, you're choked up over Sayuri's death, so why don't you just sit down and-“
 
“ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION!”
 
“…Naruto calm down-“
 
“SHUT YOUR GOB OR START TALKING! WHO WAS THAT BIMBO THAT KILLED MY WIFE!” Naruto yelled at the Hokage, arms reaching across the desk, grabbing fistfuls of her shirt, and lifting her into the air. Growling, he whispered in her ear, “She wasn't one of Orochimaru's, I know that. I've met up with him and he showed me his NOTE members. So tell me Tsunade…” had trailed off as he pulled her closer, growling in her ear.
 
“Why did you and the council find the need to kill Sayuri in order to get me on your side?”
 
Tsunade's eyes widened in panic as she punched Naruto in the chest, forcing him to release his hold on her.
 
“How did you find out?!”
 
Naruto, who had been blown back into the wall from the impact, stood up slowly, wood falling off him as he glared at her. “Orochimaru's here, He showed me his NOTE members Tsunade…”
 
“Damn…there goes 20 years of hard work down the drain…” Tsunade, mumbled, pulling out a sake bottle, downing it in one gulp, and letting it crash on the floor. “I guess your gonna make Konoha pay, right?”
 
Naruto wasn't listening to her. His chakra was flaring madly, burning the room, starting fires in separate places. It would spread soon. His bangs were covering his eyes, and he was mumbling so low, she could barely hear him. Tsunade could feel the ANBU and some jonin running to their location, already seeing the flames that had started.
 
“Her death was meaningless…”
 
“She had to die!”
 
“What did she ever do?”
 
“She was keeping you out of Konoha's grasp!”
 
“Now she's dead…”
 
“And you've trained one of the best to kill.”
 
“Someone has to pay…”
 
“Then Orochimaru will suffice!”
 
“Konoha…yes…Konoha…will…BURN!” ; shouted Naruto, his chakra flaring, fluxating from blue to red to black to blue.
 
Civilians, who were just minding their own business, screamed in shock and terror as Hokage Tower, symbol of their power, bursted into flames, and Tsunade come flying out of it.
 
A crater formed were Tsunade landed, skidding along the concrete making a trench that carried on for a good couple of yards. Setting herself right back up, she watched as Naruto appeared in front of her, full battle gear on.
 
Words were no longer needed between them.
 
It was clear that one of them would die here.
 
Or both together.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
 
Jiraiya, who had been at the tower in the Forest of Death, snapped his head towards Hokage Tower as he felt two spikes in chakra.
 
Naruto and Tsunade.
 
Jumping up from the couch he was sitting on, he rushed to the door, mind racing, heart pulse quickening. Something bad was going to happen.
 
He could feel it.
 
Yet, when he reached the door, he paused, hand on the knob. There was a force in his head, nagging him not to go.
 
He didn't listen.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
 
Naruto blocked Tsunade's fist as she appeared behind, trying to take him from behind. Grabbing it, he flipped her over his shoulder, and threw her into the ground, when she promptly transformed into a piece of wood.
 
“Kawarimi…” Naruto muttered under his breath, his bangs falling over his eyes, as they scanned the area. The civilians had longed since ran away, only the bold staying to watch, but from safe distances.
 
Naruto barely had anytime to duck before a slab of concrete flew over his head.
 
“…what is with that woman and her strength?!” mumbled Naruto under his breath, reaching inside his chestplate and pulling out a scroll. Biting his finger to draw blood, he opened the scroll and swiped it across a single seal.
 
And then one big as hell zanza appeared.
 
Impaling the over-gigantic sword in the ground, Naruto put the scroll back, picked it up again, and swung it at a building about 15 ft away.
 
It cut right through it.
 
“Good. 17 ft of pure titanium is still as sharp as ever…” muttered Naruto under his breath, heaving the blade onto his shoulder, and glaring at Tsunade.
 
Now, Tsunade was hard to shock. You could through Jiraiya and Orochimaru making out in front of her face and she'd just blink and continue on her merry way. But when a blonde haired jinchuuriki uses a 17 ft long sword with ease…
 
Well…she was a fish out of water.
 
But that didn't stop from charging head on at him.
 
The Byakko saw the Godaime Hokage running at him like a freight train, shoulder aimed to ram him. Taking the zanza off his shoulder, he swung it horizontally, noticing the woman jump on it, her path not straying.
 
Cursing, Naruto instantly hefted the blade vertically, shaking off the Hokage in the process, and slammed it into the ground.
 
“One weakness of zanza's Naruto. They're heavy as hell and you can only swing them two ways.”
 
Naruto just smirked.
 
Pressing a button on the bottom of the hilt, both of the sides of the zanza opened up, and a machine held up two broadswords.
 
Each about 5”8.
 
Smirking, Naruto ran at Tsunade, who had been doing a series of handseals while he was running the 17 ft and grabbing the broadswords. Holding her fingers in front of her, she pointed them at Naruto, broadswords dragging behind him, and shouted, “Katon: Karyuu Endan! (Fire Style: Flame Dragon Jutsu)”
 
Swinging one of the blades in an upward slice, Naruto threw himself into the air, cutting the dragon's head in half. Spinning around in the air, Naruto hurled himself downward, the other broad sword poised to craterize. (A/N: is that even a word?)
 
ANBU then appeared suddenly as Naruto impacted on the ground creating a small crater, all drawing there blades, and surrounding him.
 
Flames were dancing around Konoha's south end. The building that Naruto had cut through had smashed into another, and Tsunade's madding punches had left craters in them.
 
Naruto stood up slowly, mockingly, as he balanced himself on the broad swords. He din't see the need to bring out the Yaiba, he could just as easily kill them with these.
 
The ANBU launched into action, swords being pulled behind them as they ran at Naruto.
 
Pulling up a broadsword, Naruto blocked a strike, cutting open the ANBU's chest with the other, before ducking and delivering a solid kick into another, who was pushed back onto another ANBU's sword. Spinning the blades, he placed one behind him, stopping a katana that was aiming for his neck before running the other broadsword through the ANBU to his right.
 
Tsunade watched the dance of death that Naruto was creating as she grunted in annoyance. It wasn't supposed to work out this way! He was supposed to be their puppet, one they would send on suicide missions and take on wars single handedly!
 
Naruto stood up and chopped off the head of the last remaining ANBU before turning his attention back to Tsunade, who was glaring at him. Going over her specialties in his head, Naruto thought, `Tsunade's main specialties are medic-ninjutsu, taijutsu, and mediocre ninjutsu…kenjutsu is my specialty and so is high-ninjtsu…alright, enough of this…'
 
Jumping into action, Naruto jumped back to the zanza, landing on the sharp edge of the blade, and placed the broadswords back inside it, and then the swords were pulled back inside it, and were covered with the steel.
 
“I've decided I don't need the broadswords to beat you.”
 
“You're going to need them gozu.”
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
 
Gira walked into the hideout, his soldiers following behind him. Sending them away, he looked back behind them all at the woman he had saved. She was still holding her child close, and was jumping at every sound. She locked her gaze with him, and only tensed more.
 
“W-what are you g-going to do w-with me?”
 
Gira just looked at her, before turning around and walking away. When he noticed she wasn't following, he called back to her, “Unless you'd rather sleep on stone, I suggest you follow me.”
 
The brown haired lady stared at the back of the one who led the attack on her village before slowly nodding and following, keeping her sleeping baby close to her chest.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
 
They were blurs to the untrained eye.
 
Naruto continuously dodged Tsunade maddening punches, as she did to his. He ducked under a left hook, before attempting to deliver an uppercut to her jaw. Grabbing his fist, Tsunade spun around and hurled him into a building.
 
“Katon: Aka Nenshou Tenshi! (Fire Style: Red Burning Angel!)” came Naruto's voice from underneath her, as he launched the entity formed on his fist flying at her.
 
Smirking, Naruto mumbled, “Boom…”
 
A huge explosion lit up Konoha as flames landed on building, setting the aflame and sending some toppling over.
 
Tsunade was flying backwards, her body burning. Naruto didn't give her anytime. He launched another and another at her, scorching her and turning Konoha into a burning hell ground.
 
Tsunade slowly stood up, steam coming off her body in waves, and was panting heavily. She was just staring at the ground. No way he was this strong…that thing felt like a freight train! Everything was bruning. Buildings were collapsing on themselves.
 
Looking at the sky, which had turned red for some reason, she said barely above a whisper, “Is this redemption for everything Konoha has done? Sarutobi-sensei…it hurts so much…You'd hate me for this, wouldn't you? Minato…this is our punishment from you…”
 
Standing up fully, Tsunade glared at Naruto, and said, “But…THAT DOESN'T MEAN WE'LL ACCEPT IT!”
 
Placing her hands in a sign, the diamond on her forehead began to glow as all the burns and impacts started to heal at an amazing rate.
 
Noticing the seal on her forehead, Naruto let loose all his chakra, creating a circle of wind around his feet. His hair was flapping wildly, and his eyes, cold.
 
They were blurs once more.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
 
Gekido was snoring peacefully in his room when he felt Gira enter it. Raising an eyebrow, he asked, “What took you so long?”
 
Gira just stayed quiet, before asking, “How can you tell if you in love, or if it's a whim?”
 
Now THAT caught Gekido off guard.
 
“Wha-what?!”
Gira repeated his question.
 
“…Well, how do you feel around her?”
 
“I get a warm fuzzy feeling, yet I can't shake the feeling I'm gonna regret it.”
 
“…Well, good luck!”
 
“…”
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
 
Naruto was sent flying back into a burning building by Tsunade's right hook, as attempted to land a shot on her stomach. Tsunade wasn't letting him gain any ground. Standing up, he focused on Tsunade, and shushined behind her, and struck her with his fingers numerous times, before she reached around him and hurled him away.
 
Doing a mid-air flip, Naruto jumped off a building, and showed his palms to her, “Raiton: Akarai no Jutsu! (Lightning Style: Red Lightning!” Naruto shouted.
 
As the name stated, red lightning raced towards Tsunade, who grabbed a slab of a destroyed building as a shield.
 
Slamming his palms into the ground, canceling out the previous technique, Naruto muttered the next part of the technique, “Raiton: Akarai Nagashi no jutsu…(Lightning Style: Red Lightning Current…)”
 
The earth beneath Tsunade's feet suddenly crumbled into pieces, as an ominous red lightning traveled through the ground towards her. Jumping back, she began launching herself off the slabs of rock that had been blown into the air. Just when she was about to reach the male blonde, his rang out, “RAITON: AKARAI SHINI NO JUTSU! (LIGHTNING STYLE: RED LIGHTNING DEATH!)”
 
Tsunade cried out in pain as the electricity ran through her body. The rocks had been carrying the electricity from the previous two attacks and had been laying low inside her after entering the nervous system.
 
Putting his hands into a half seal, Naruto shouted once more, “KAI: AKA KIBABAKUSOUCHI! (RELESE: RED DETONATOR!)”
 
Tsunade cried out once more as she felt the chakra bombs Naruto placed inside her explode, sending blood and tissue everywhere. She felt another explosive pain as Naruto sent another angel fist at her, burning her once again. A kick was then delivered to her temple as Naruto sent her flying into a building.
 
Naruto barely had any time to jump when the ground spilt beneath his feet. However, he wasn't expecting slugs to start popping out of the trench Tsunade's fist had created.
 
He did a flip in mid-air to face the slugs, before inhaling a large amount of air, and shouting, “FUUTON: TOONAKARI NO JUTSU! (WIND STYLE: DISTANT RED ROAR!)”
 
The slugs were suddenly blown back as a red wave rammed into them, sending hurtling back to the ground.
 
Naruto landed back on the ground rubbing his throat. That jutsu really tore it up.
 
He didn't have anymore time to think when Katsuyu took the field.
 
Damn it, he didn't need this. The only reason he wasn't as wounded as he should be was because of Kyuubi, and his chakra was beginning to suffer.
 
Raising his hands, he pushed them together a started flaring his chakra to its limits. An al to recognizable pool of white liquid appeared behind Naruto as a claw came out of it, pulling along with it the body of a white fox, nine tails swinging behind it.
 
“Hijutsu: San Yajuu Kamigami: Byakko no Kanki. (Secret Technique: Three Beast Gods: Awakening of the White Fox.)”
 
“Tsunade, may I ask what that thing is?” asked Katsuyu, facing the snarling fox, Naruto standing in front of it. “Is it a summon?”
 
“No. It's a separate technique. That thing is completely formed of chakra, yet taken physical form.”
 
“Ah…”
 
“Be careful though…it's deadly.”
 
Katsuyu then spat some acid at the form of the fox, who quickly jumped out of the way before leaping towards the giant slug, who promptly separated into tons of mini-Katsuyus.
 
With a roar, the whit fox started crushing all of the small slimy things like bugs, before reeling back in pain from a haymaker, courtesy of Tsunade.
 
Snarling again, he dove his jaws towards the Hokage, only to have to jump away from more acid as Katsuyu reformed, notably smaller than before.
 
The fox was clearly getting irritated at his prey. Bounding faster than Tsunade had seen it go, it bit into Katsuyu, forcing a scream from her throat.
 
Blood began seeping out from the wound the fox gave her as Tsunade stared wide-eyed at the blood and slug. This couldn't be happening….
 
Fires were roaring everywhere, burning.
 
Buildings collapsing, crushing.
 
Death, reeking.
 
She saw Naruto walking calmly towards her, letting the fox hold off Katsuyu.
 
Tsunade was beaten. Naruto could see that. She was out of chakra, her fear of bloodwas acting up, and she was morally dead. She was already dying anyways. Her body was a reck, from all the angels he sent at her as well as from the bombs he placed. Pulling out a kunai, he walked toward her.
 
She crumpled to her knees as she looked up at the red sky. Storm clouds were on their way, she could see them. People were screaming, some watching their battle. Her body felt numb…
 
`So…this really was our punishment…Sarutobi-sensei…I'm sorry…I treated the boy who has given so much to Konoha like a pawn…Minato…your son has grown strong. You should feel proud, no matter what he's done. Jiraiya…you've raised another prodigy…I'm so sorry…Naruto…'
 
Blood spurted forth as Naruto fazed behind Tsunade, holding a bloody kunai, from Tsunade's cut throat. Katsuyu had disappeared, her contractor dead, so Naruto felt no need to keep Byakko around.
 
With a sigh, Naruto surveyed the battle ground that was Konoha.
 
The leaf was burning, the tree dead.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
 
Jiraiya appeared at the battle, which had been finished, as he took notice of Tsunade's body, Naruto standing behind it.
 
His eyes widened in disbelief, as he stumbled over to her dead body. He collapsed to his knees, and slowly reached for her. He clutched her close, tears running down his face.
 
“No…Tsunade…No…d-don't leave…please. Tsunade, no! Come back…” the toad sannin looked at her face once again, strands of blonde hair covering her face, her eyes closed, tears on her cheeks. He pushed the strands behind her ear. He knew she was dead…but…he just couldn't accept it. She had always seemed so strong…a pillar of might and hope… “Tsunade…”
 
Picking her up, he moved her away before looking at Naruto, who was staring at him from the corner of his eye.
 
“Naruto…”
 
“Words are no longer needed, ero-sennin…”
 
They became blurs…
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
 
A/N: You guys have no idea how many urges I had to write a knew fic I had when I was writing this.
 
I've launched a one-shot titled `Curious' for Eyeshield 21.
 
There's a poll on my profile I'd appreciate you guys to take. It'll help decide who to kill off next. (or who to make you guys like more)
 
Enough of my babbling. Be happy I've written this. I had tears coming to my eyes when I wrote this.
 
The jutsus that aren't mine in this are:
 
Gokakyuu no jutsu
 
Summoning technique
 
Fire Dragon jutsu
 
Tsunade's super power-heal-thingawhatsit jutsu (You know what I mean)
 
Every other jutsu is mine