Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Legacy of Fire ❯ Enter Aiko ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author’s Note: Hello everyone! Truth be told, I started this back in 2005-2006 and posted it a longggg time ago but I never finished it. Looking back, I was a rough writer back then so I have come back and edited this content (I assure you, if you’ve read it elsewhere, it was most likely my posting).  This story is a “what if” scenario that combines some features of the Naruto and Naruto Shippuden storylines but keep in mind I am allowed a little creative freedom here and there. This is the edited chapter so I hope you all enjoy! Disclaimer: I own the story, OC’s, original jutsus, and storyline but not the characters made by Mashashi Kishimoto.


*~*~*~*~*~*
Enter Aiko

“PUSH SAKURA! PUSH!! I CAN SEE THE HEAD!!” yelled Tsunade as a frantic Shizune tried to calm Sakura and stop her from squishing Naruto's hand. “I CAN'T GOD DAMMIT!!” She yelled as she crushed Naruto's hand more. “Sakura!! Your crushing my hand!! Calm down!!” The sunlit blonde barely managed to say as he tried to break free of Sakura's enormous hold. “SAKURA ALMOST THERE!!” The buxom blonde yelled as she held the torso of a tiny baby. “TS-TSUNADE!! T-THE BA-BABY!! GA-AH-AAAAH!!!!” she screamed in agony, clenching her eyes shut as the new life she had bore made its way into the world.

 
“Congratulations Sakura, Naruto!! It's a girl!!” she smiled as the baby began to cry. Tsunade couldn’t help but blink with tears in her eyes as she handed the tiny infant to Shizune, who promptly began to check the baby's vitals and then wrapped her in a tiny blanket.

 
Sakura had tears of joy streaming down her rosy cheeks and pooling onto her chest with a proud smile she held. Naruto wiped long pink strands that clung to her brow and places a gentle kiss upon her forehead. “Its okay…she's beautiful. Just like you.” He whispered into her ear as he cradled her, letting forth a few tears as well. The petite black haired woman smiled happily as she handed off the tiny bundle of joy to the proud new parents. Tsunade motioned for Shizune to follow her with her brown eyes and they left the two and their new baby alone.

 
“Naruto…she's so beautiful.” Sakura said merely above a whisper as she placed a finger to the baby's hand and her eyes wandered to every detail of her new child’s face. Sakura's emerald eyes then met with Naruto's magnificent blue ones and he gave her a soft kiss to her lips and an `I love you' before she handed the baby off to him. He stood there in awe of how tiny and fragile she was; he didn't even notice his throbbing hand. He ran a finger across a tiny pink cheek and remarked to himself how soft she was.

 
He then held her close; he just couldn't absorb the fact that he was a father. One of his dreams had come true.

 
He had a family.

 
But now he had to give her a name.

 
They had to give her a name.

 
Sakura and Naruto shared a curious glance at the new life they had created, full of dreams, hopes, desires, and a future. Naruto was clueless on what to name her and held a slight quizzical look, but Sakura knew the perfect name. Aiko, child of love. After all, Naruto could now give his child the love he never had, and after all these years, he had a lot to give.

 
*~*~*~*~*~*

16 Years Later…

 
Morning was descending upon Konoha, the Village Hidden in the Leaves. Rays of sunlight glimmered upon the sides of buildings and the streets began to fill with the sounds of a village full of life and vigor. The darkness of night had faded and the only bits of darkness left were the shadows cast by the buildings in the way of the suns warmth. Somewhere in Konoha its amber rays penetrated blue curtains that hung in the windows of a girl’s room. The ocher rays intruded upon the girl's slumber causing her to groan, flop the opposite way, and bury further into the cerulean comforter so all that could be seen was a mop of pink, disheveled hair. Apparently the girl soon was again in a restful slumber as small, muffled snores could be heard echoing in the room. However, the peaceful slumber she had reentered was short lived as a nearby alarm clock decided it was time to wake the sleeping beauty.

Or rather, the not so beauty.

The girl shot up quickly in bed jumping out ready to fight with a kunai in hand, with her eyes still closed and her clothing and hair in disarray. She yawned and fell backwards onto the bed while throwing her kunai at the ceiling after realizing it was a false alarm. “God dammit! Who the hell set my alarm clock?!” She mentally inquired as she rubbed her crystalline blue eyes, a frown of discontent playing upon her lips. Peaking them open, she stretched spread eagle while giving an enormous yawn. “Breakfast Aiko” A woman's voice called from downstairs.

 
“UGH MOM!! WHY DID YOU SET MY ALARM CLOCK?!” she yelled, clenching her pillow in her fist with her frown growing even more pronounced.

“Because dear, your father has an assignment for you”

“AGAIN?!”

“Yes again, now hurry up and get dressed, you're going to be late.”

Aiko sprung up, walked to her wall and pounded her head against it. “It’s freakin' Saturday morning! I thought I was supposed to be off today! Just because dad's the Hokage doesn't give him the right to take away my day off!” She let loose a sigh of frustration as she dragged herself to the bathroom. As soon as she finished washing up, she got dressed. On went her plum red tank top, black cargo pants, a tan zip-up vest. As she quickly wrapped her kunai holster onto her right leg, slipped on her weapons belt, and slipped on her fingerless gloves she almost forgot the most important part of her daily routine, her forehead protector. She retrieved it from a small wooden box from her nightstand and tied it around her left arm. Grabbing her brush, she quickly smoothed her shoulder length hair out. One quick glance in the mirror and she exited her room.

“Morning mom” Aiko happily stated as she cheerfully grabbed her breakfast and plopped down on her seat. “Morning pipsqueak” she said contentedly as she bit into her breakfast.

“Looks like you didn't get your beauty sleep last night. Maybe you should give up on trying to get the boob jutsu right and sleep.” A little blonde boy with green eyes stated.

A vein on Aiko's forehead popped and she shot the death glare towards her beloved brother.

“I was not doing the boob jutsu you little brat. I just couldn't sleep when I realized that I had to see your ugly face in the morning.” She smirked, crossing her arms as she reclined in her chair. “Are you sure you're not looking in the mirror and seeing your gigantic forehead” he said as he pointed at her.

That was all it took.

She had snapped.

Aiko leaped across the breakfast table and tackled her brother. Holding the young boy by his Konoha symbol shirt, she cocked her fist back ready to pound him when their mother pulled them apart with blinding speed.

Giving both a stern look she calmly stated “Have I not said no fighting during breakfast? If you want to fight, do it outside on the training grounds. Otherwise I will personally put both of you through a sparring session. Do I make myself clear?” Both shook their heads frantically remembering what happened during sparring last time.

She really could be scary after all; she can make their dad shake in his boots.

“Good then” she gave a curt smile “I trust you Naruhiko to be getting to the academy on time today.” The boy paled, dropping his spoon as he saw the time on their kitchen clock. He then quickly ran up to his mother giving a quick good bye and a peck on the cheek with a full mouth then bounded out the door. “Mom how do you do that?” Aiko inquired her mother shaking her head. Sakura merely said with a small smile “Well it's a matter of knowing what your children dislike in terms of punishment”.

Tucking a strand of pink hair behind her ear she calmly stated “Aiko” her daughter cocked her head with her mouth full “its 8:00”. Aiko's eyes grew wide as she stuffed one last piece of bread in her mouth. Quickly getting up, she gave her mom a peck on the cheek and said with a mouthful of food a goodbye. As she raced out the door, Sakura said happily “Naruto she is your daughter, indeed”.

 
*~*~*~*~*~*

Her heart was pounding as she ran at full speed, racing past numerous people on the streets. She looked at her timer in her pocket and it said 8:02. Shaking her head, she realized she'd never make it in time running on the streets and dodging civilians unless…Aiko suddenly stopped in the middle of the street.

She had an idea.

With all of the people staring at her she could care less, she jumped onto a nearby roof complex and enhanced her speed with chakra. Faster and faster she raced, adding more and more chakra to her legs and feet. However, as she did, in her wake roof tiles began shattering and flying into the air along with her dust. Forgetting completely about chakra control she began to over amplify her body and movements resulting in quite a few holes in the nearby roofs. Racing along at blinding speed down the roof tops she could soon see the tower.


Taking one last ready step she propelled herself into the air, soaring across almost 10 city blocks to the Hokage tower. Falling swiftly, she quickly formed her hands into four signs and used a tiny wind jutsu to slow her down. She had to thank Inoka for teaching her that one. Aiko landed kneeling with a loud thud onto the roof, surveying her surroundings then looking in at her timer.

 
“8:05. HAH I MADE IT IN LESS THAN THREE MINUTES!! TAKE THAT!!” she proudly yelled bounding up and down on the roof with a large grin from ear to ear. For a brief moment she heard a crack. Stopping in her tracks she listened carefully for a few seconds.

Then she felt the roof beneath her sink.

“Oh shit…” no sooner than she cursed, she stone roof began to cave in, tiles and all, sending her with it. Falling 12 feet into the room below, she landed in a heap of dust, stone, and roofing tiles. Deperately trying to rid her lungs of the intruding dust that clouded her vicinity, she hacked and coughed as tiny remnants of ruble still fell from the ceiling.

 
“Damn that hurt” she said shakily getting up from the heap of rubble. Dusting off her clothes, she failed to realize the first rule of being a ninja: always be on guard.

Suddenly she heard a familiar voice clear their throat.

She looked up as the dust cleared to see her father at his desk with his hands folded beneath his chin and a quirked eyebrow. “Hehehe…hi dad…” she smiled nervously while she was sweating bullets.

 
“As I was saying Mr. Nagaharu, my daughter, Aiko, is perfectly capable of completing this task.” Aiko got the courage to look at her father to find him staring at her, slightly amused. She knows he wanted to laugh, but had to maintain a serious demeanor for his cliente. Quickly she jumped up and bowed to her father then to Mr. Nagaharu, a solemn straight-laced man with sharp narrowed eyes and even sharper features. “Um, uh…forgive me sir for being late?” her statement was more of a question directed at the strait-laced man seated before her.

 
“You are forgiven.” His voice was laced with disgust and she could feel his hate of her. On the outside she smiled, on the inside her inner persona was flipping the man off and fighting the urge to nail him and wipe that smug look off his face.

 
“Aiko, your duty with Mr. Nagaharu concerns that of his four children. Mr. Nagaharu is a cabinet member of the Land of Fire and there has been a murder threat. You are to guard them at all costs. We don’t know who is to blame for this threat but we must not take it lightly. This mission shall be in effect three days from now and it is imperative that you are on guard at all times. Is that clear?” Naruto said again with a serious look. Aiko simply bowed and replied “Yes sir, Hokage-sama”.

 
It still felt odd calling her own father by `Hokage-sama', even after being in his care for 16 years. Naruto smiled at her and said “Good. Now Mr. Nagaharu, is there anything else we should address before you leave?” The emotionless black haired man, Mr. Naga-bastard-u, as Aiko had deemed him, replied with a cold “No, Sir”. Shaking her father's hand and with a curt nod, he began to leave.

 
But before he exited the office he turned back and said to Naruto “Well there is one more thing. Please tell this kunoichi I expect her on time and in more…modest clothing.”

Finally he left and the door shut.

“Why that shit faced bastard! What's wrong with my clothes?!”
she thought, growling with her fist formed ready to kill. However, she felt a heavy had on her shoulder and turned to see her father standing behind her with an enormous smile on his face.

 
Promptly letting her fists down, she turned around to look at her father with softened eyes. He shook his head and stated lightheartedly “You remind me so much of myself when I was your age. I know how you feel when people treat you like that but you have to control yourself. After all, I can't have you going berserk on some old geezer like him, now can I?”

 
Aiko returned a familiar toothy smile, placed her hands behind her head and replied “Yeah I guess so dad. I don't think it would be fair to demolish the man. Besides, at least I'm getting paid for this. If I wasn't, there'd be no way I'd do that.”

 
Before he returned to his desk he told her “You have my attitude but you definitely have you're mothers temper. Maybe even your grandmothers temper to top…” “DAD!” “Just saying…” She went over and gave him a big hug.

“I love you dad.”

“I love you too, Aiko.”

 
The moment was one of those father-daughter moments in which you want to stand back and take a picture. However, the time was short lived as Naruto heard people outside ranting and yelling. He listened carefully to angry shouts as he walked towards the window, a look of curiosity filling his notorious blue eyes. Aiko went to the window with him just as intrigued and then she paled. “Umm…Oh shit... D-did I do that? I'm dead…” Naruto sighed and said defeated “What now?”

Aiko was still standing there with her eye twitching.

“Aiko, what's the matter? You look a little pale.” Naruto stated as he crossed his arms and queried her appearance before looking outwards, as oblivious as ever. She turned to him and laughed nervously “Hehe…n-nothings wrong dad. I'm just uh…” Before she could even make up a reasonable excuse the secretary came bounding in

 
“S-SIR! WE HAVE REPORTS THAT A RENEGADE NINJA WENT SPEEDING THROUGH TOWN DESTROYING ROOFS IN THE PROCESS!!”

Naruto looked at the secretary then at Aiko. She was sweating bullets once again and decided it was time for her to bail. “Aiko...” he began to say in a menacing voice. “Oh, hehe, daddy would you look at the time gotta go!” She said hurriedly before grabbing the mission paper, giving her dad a quick kiss on the cheek, and bolting out the door, past the secretary, spinning the poor old woman around.

 
“Oh My! Um Hokage-sama…should I call out a search for the culprit?” the secretary asked, hiding behind the door.

 
“No that won't we necessary” he began “I think I've already found the culprit.” He sighed heavily. The secretary popped her head in more and question innocently
“Who?”

 
Naruto sat in his chair and leaned back then replied “My impulsive daughter.”

 
The secretary meekly responded with `oh' and then left. “Aiko, I guess you take after me in more than just strength and attitude. I truly believe it when the elders say your children are reflections of you. Maybe she will achieve her dream after all…”