Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Legacy of Fire ❯ Attempted Assasination ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author’s Note: Thank you all for continuing to read! I really understand that FF.net is an entirely different reader set than MM.org so please bear with me, I’m doing my best to write a good story. Anyways, if you’re still reading this, please review and let me know how I’m doing  You’re input shapes the story and the way it’s written so PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE REVIEW!!!

*~*~*~*~*~*
Attempted Assassination

Today was the day. The day Aiko Uzumaki had been dreading since her own father had expected too much of her and assigned her a C ranked mission. Unfortunately, the C rank was no more than having to act as a body guard to four brats. “Oh joy” Aiko thought as she trudged out of bed and made her way over to her dresser. After rubbing her eyes she gave a quick glance to her alarm clock which had yet to go off. “Hn…7:59…this day is gonna suck major ass.”

“No joke sweetheart. Babysitting four spoiled brats is going to give you premature gray”

“Really not what I needed to hear…”

“Nothin’ but the truth hon.”
Inner Aiko said as she reclined back in the farthest reaches of her creators mind.

Aiko, in defeat, sighed and trudged to her bathroom and completed her morning rituals of getting ready. As she did, she had a strange feeling about the upcoming mission. Taking her morning shower, something kept scrapping at her mind and she couldn’t place it. It was really creeping her out. The more and more she thought about it, it made her skin crawl. Was it Mr. Nagabastadu and the way he treated her that simply rubbed her the wrong way? Or was it just a case of the heebie jeebies from his creeper look? As she rinsed her short pink tresses, she continued to mull over why she was feeling so off and what was bothering her. However, Aiko reprimanded herself as she turned off the water and made a mental note never to lose her focus over something as simple as paranoia. Assumptions can be the end of any mission.“Damn…I just can’t shake this feeling…something isn’t right about this mission. Dad always tells me to trust my gut feelings and now isn’t the time to forget that.”


Finishing her thoughts, Aiko quickly dried off and raced down the stairs, bolting into the kitchen where her father and mother were sitting solemnly in the darkness. Aiko’s cerulean blue eyes narrowed as she noticed her brother had left early to the Academy, which was very unusual. Something was indeed wrong. “Now I just know something’s up…” she thought as the creaking of wood could be heard after every foot step she made. Closer and closer she drew to the table at which her parents sat, their faces covered in shadows. Slowly she pulled out a chair and sat down. It was deathly silent. Then her mother spoke.


“Aiko…your father and I have a suspicion about your mission today.” Her mother said, her voice held worry and anxiety. Sakura pulled a strand of pink hair behind her ear, glancing downwards to her lap. Aiko raised an eyebrow at her mother’s peculiar behavior. Now she was totally freaking out. Well, until she felt her father’s gaze on her. “Aiko, have you noticed anything peculiar about the mission today?” Naruto said, folding his hands beneath his chin, giving Aiko a stern leer. She however, could only manage to nod her head under his almost scrutinous gaze.


“Um…yeah dad. How come you only gave me the mission rather than my entire team? Isn’t this breaking the four-man cell rule?” Aiko said as her cerulean blue eyes met her own father’s identical ones. Naruto’s brow furrowed as he spoke. “Aiko, I want you to be on guard the entire time today. This Mr. Nagaharu…there isn’t a record of anyone living in Kohona, much less the Land of Fire with that surname. He was sent here by the Daimyo with official documents but this…something about this is off. The reason I only told you in my office is because I have a nagging feeling about this.” Aiko nodded, only to notice her mother was becoming increasingly worried. “I don’t know who this man is but I’m sure when you looked into his eyes you felt his malicious aura. I didn’t sense a henge not did he have a unique chakra signature that I could recognize…I don’t know who or what this man wants but he has a plan.”


“Just be on guard Aiko…” Sakura said as she looked at her with pleading emerald eyes.


Aiko smiled. “Don’t worry mom…I’ll be Hokage someday, just like dad. I won’t let this man get the upper hand on me.”


Naruto smiled and reclined back in his chair. “I trust you. But I gave your teammates the information paperwork just in case. They will provide back-up support and both Kenshirou and Hiroshi will be outside and hidden away. You can communicate with them via radio.” No sooner than he said that he pulled out a head piece that could be easily hidden under her hair. Aiko grabbed the headset and put it on, ready to go. All of them got up and walked over to the door. Aiko hugged her mom and dad good-bye and quickly left. Sakura looked towards Naruto with her piercing green eyes and kissed him gently on the lips. Naruto pulled her tight to his chest and re-assured her everything would be alright.



“Naruto, but what if it’s them again. What if they are after her too? What if they want to use her? What if-” Naruto kissed his worried wife, her voice was laced with fear and concern. That was unlike her but then again, she is a mother. “Sakura, she’s grown up now. She’ll achieve her dream one day and I know she’ll be fine. After all…she’s our daughter…and probably the strongest Shinobi in Konoha. Once she realizes her kekke genkai, she’ll be unstoppable.” With that, Naruto disappeared in a puff of smoke leaving Sakura to contemplate her husband and daughters actions. “Naruto…please keep her safe…”


*~*~*~*~*~*

Aiko had arrived at the Nagaharu household exactly seven hours ago and it was one of the biggest houses she had ever seen, even rivaling her own. For the first hour she had become acquainted with the four ‘brats’ who were actually pretty well behaved and surprisingly not spoiled. She had even gotten to know their nanny, Kyouko, a petite brown haired woman with dark eyes. The kids were nice and Esumi, the youngest, had even made her a picture of her defeating the bad guys. Aiko was touched and folded it up and placed it in her pack.  For the exception of getting to know the kids, Aiko was pretty darn bored.

As day became night and all four of the small children fell asleep, Aiko hatched a plan. Creating a shadow cloned of herself, she sent the clone to take care of the children while she had utilized a transformation jutsu, turning herself into nothing more than an ordinary book. However, that wasn’t all she had planned. The ‘kids’ sleeping in the living room were actually clones transformed into the children. The real kids were hidden away outside with Hiroshi and his dog, Bin, under a complex genjutsu that the Inuzuka clan utilizes.

“Damn…how much longer do I have to hold all these jutsu? I can feel my chakra wearing out...” Aiko thought as she closed her eyes, feeling her chakra slowly seeping away. She listed for signals from Hiroshi who was interpreting Bin’s reconnaissance reports. An Aiko clone was sitting on the table in her normal form and waiting for a reply from Hiroshi while being entertained by Inner Aiko and her ‘thoughts’ on the whole situation.

“You know…this is really getting annoying having to sit around here”

“CHA! YOU ARE SO RIGHT! But I’m still getting paid for this.”

“…And it better be enough to pay for something to get rid of the bags under your eyes after this all nighter.”

“Don’t remind me…”

As Aiko and her overlay persona had their discussion outside, Kenshirou was getting a kick out of his cousin and his dog being glomped by a 5 yr. old.


*~*~*~*~*~*

“DAMMIT! KENSHIROU HELP ME! GET THIS KID OFF OF ME!” the navy haired teenager yelled, pleading for Kenshirou to peel of the over joyed little girl from Bin and then yank Bin off his leg. Kenshirou was almost in tears watching his cousin trying to pry the child off his leg. Meanwhile, the other three children sat quietly. The oldest, Masahashi stared intrigued by Kenshirou’s light eyes. “Hey mister, why are your eyes like that? They look weird.” He asked bluntly. Kenshirou smiled at him as he crouched up on a tree branch. Not completely surprised by the boys question, he responded “Well…I come from a ninja clan. Each clan has a blood limit or special ability. In my family, our ability is called the Byakuugan. It lets us see through objects like walls.”


The boy was in awe and said clearly “I want to be a ninja too!” Kenshirou jumped down from the tree and kneeled down so he was at eye-level with the boy. He looked at him and said back “That’s a good dream to have. Become a good ninja one day and you’ll get to protect someone too” Content with his acknowledgement, little Masahashi closed his brown eyes and sat back against the tree with his sisters.

Hiroshi wasn’t happy about the glomping but finally gave in to the little girl’s cuteness and her shimmering brown eyes. Sitting back he let Bin go and scout the surrounding area for what seemed like the billionth time. “Hn. Already 6:00…Kenshirou, how do you think Aiko’s fairing?” Kenshirou simply shrugged his shoulders and said “Don’t know. I’ll go scout the area from the roof, okay? Keep watch on the kids.” With that, Kenshirou leapt off into the many trees that surrounded the Nagaharu Mansion.

Flying over the tree tops at inhuman speeds, he scanned the area using Byakuugan. “Nice work Aiko, I see you’ve managed to maintain the replica’s” Kenshirou noted all of Aiko’s traps carefully as to not trip them. However, his scanning was cut short when he saw the outline of a disturbingly strong chakra signature. It was strong, asserting, almost threatening. He thought it best to contact his teammates immediately.

“Aiko, Hiroshi, do you read me?”

“Loud and clear”

“Yep”

“I have an intense chakra signature coming from the back end of the property. From what I can see, the source has an accomplice…or two”

“I’m ready to kick ass”

“Got the kids secured with Bin and the genjutsu”

“Lets go!”


With that, Hiroshi bolted out from under his jutsu and hid himself in the shadows of the courtyard. Meanwhile, Kenshirou transported himself into the inside of the house and transformed into one of the sleeping kids, taking the place of the transformed clones. The shadow clone of Aiko faked sleeping. Their trap was set. Outside, the chakra force grew closer. They could feel the malicious intent of the source of the chakra as it approached. It was getting closer. Then suddenly…CRASH!


The sound of shattering glass resonated throughout the house as it flew through the air, hitting the floor. Clone Aiko headed into action as she made a direct attack on the foreign ninja clothed in black. “SHIT!” she cursed, noticing she had hit a log instead of the intruder. She could hear the sinister laugh of the enemy as he grabbed a hold of one of the ‘children’. However, as he grasped it around the neck, it dissipated in a cloud of smoke. The enemy nin frantically looked around, for the sources of the jutsu only to be met with an enraged fist from an angry Kenshirou.


Throwing his fists forward, he pounded at the enemy ninja in a barrage of physical fury, the veins around his eyes protruding. “NINJA ART: GENTLE FIST” As Kenshirou violently struck the intruder, the clone of Aiko attempted to take out the enemy nin with a hit from her kunai, but was taken down by a second enemy nin hidden in the shadow of the first. Hiroshi heard the metallic sound of a kunai hit the floor and instantly used his Twin Fang to break into the home and attack the second enemy nin. Crumbling behind him, the wall fell, rubble sending a cloud of dust inwards on Hiroshi. Forward he rushed, hitting the second enemy nin directly in the head, causing his body to fly to the opposite wall and destroy the sheet rock. However, in the midst of the cloud of dust, the nin burst forward, striking Hiroshi with extreme force in his chest, knocking him into a bookshelf and through the wall. Struggling to get up, he had had enough of the child’s play.


“Bastard!” His voice began to grow more and more beast like “DIE! BEAST TRANSFORMATION JUTSU!” Immediately, an aura of chakra began to form around him. As the chakra diminished, Hiroshi had become the beast made human. His navy hair grew long, and his ears became sharp and pointed. His body had become larger, covered in fur. His now golden eyes narrowed. Enraged he raced along the two story ceiling and bounded towards the ground at the enemy nin. Landing, the marble floor beneath his feet shattered. He cursed as the enemy nin dodged his attack and launched a barrage of kunai at him. Hearing the immediate sound of air being cut, he evaded the impending kunai and ricocheted his body off the wall behind him. As he pushed himself off the wall he launched towards the enemy nin and engaged in a flurry of attacks while Bin raced up behind to bit the enemy with all his force and might.


Hiroshi kicked only to be blocked by the enemy nin’s gauntlet and thrown to the floor. Bin was then promptly shaken off and thrown against an opposing wall. Bounding upwards, Hiroshi was hit by the enemy nin and he felt something clasp around his stomach. Trying to get up, he was surged with electricity, a wave of pain washed over him. He barred his fangs only to be electrocuted again and his jutsu faded. He felt so weak as his body hit the ground. His chakra was being sucked out of him. “Damn…you…” he said, trying to grasp the nin, his vision becoming blurry. He had fallen.


*~*~*~*~*~*

Kenshirou was desperately trying to push away the enemy nin who had gotten him by the neck. He gagged and coughed as his throat became more and more constricted. He couldn’t breathe. He had to get away. “KENSHIROU!” Aiko cried as she saw his throat being crushed. Dodging the third nin’s attacks she became enraged the more his evil laughter lasted. Using her chakra, she threw a charged fist to the enemy nin who was sent flying through the air and out the second story, balcony window to the outside ground below. “KENSHIROU! HANG ON!” She yelled, performing the Shadow Clone Jutsu. Suddenly, fifty clones burst forward only to have half taken out by Kenshirou’s body thrown at them at an extraordinary speed.

Aiko in shock, jumped forth and caught his falling body, barely dodging a flurry of kunai. Landing on her knees, she placed Kenshirou gently onto the broken up marble flooring. “I’ll be back” she whispered into his ear as he lay unconscious, his face covered in scratches and drops of blood. Quickly looking over his unconscious form, tears began to well up in her cerulean eyes. “DAMN YOU FUCKING BASTARD!!! I’LL KILL YOU!!” Aiko screamed, her voice cracking from the silent sobs she let go. “Are those just empty words? You should’ve gone home to your mommy when you had the chance”


“Bastard” she growled out “DON’T UNDERESTIMATE ME!!!!”


Letting her anger well up, she focused it. She could feel the chakra flowing through every cell in her body, the strength it brought, the warm, tingling sensation. Chakra was flowing into her hand and the nin could feel it and could see it. He slowly backed away as the aura of light around her began to change color. “BASTARD!! YOU’LL DIE HERE AND NOW!!!” With that, a clone behind her began to concentrate power into her hand.


She was determined to kill him.

And wouldn’t hesitate to see his blood splatter on the floor.


Racing forward with speed that could only match the gods, in her hand she held the legendary technique. “RASENGAN!!” the enemy nin was sent barreling through the wall, shattering his body. Limbs began ripping themselves apart, organs falling out of the gapping hole in the nin’s chest. The length that the body of the nin had taken, blood had sprinkled the ground or splattered onto the wall. Panting from exhaustion, Aiko lifted her gaze to the trail of destruction she had created. She had no remorse for what she had done for the first time. She had killed. Her legs were shaking beneath her, she couldn’t hold herself up any longer. Suddenly, as she relaxed began to fall forwards she felt a sharp pain enter through her back. Looking down she saw a shimmering blade tainted with blood emerge from her gut.


Her face became distorted with pain as she felt a burning sensation seeping into her wound. It was poison. Turning slowly, she looked behind her with blurred vision only to have her body thrown across the room and hit the remains of a piano. Laying on her side she watched the nin draw closer to her. Paralyzed from the poison, she watched every footstep he made. It was over.

I’m sorry Mom…

She heard his steps draw closer.

Forgive me bro…I never told you how special you are to me…

He stood right by her. She could hear the familiar sliding of metal.

I’m sorry Kenshirou…I never got to tell you I loved you one last time…

She saw the glint of metal out of the corner of her eye.

Dad…I’ll never become Hokage…I’m sorry…I love you Daddy…

He rose his blade above her motionless, bleeding form.

This is it…

Just as the nin thrust his blade forwards, it was blown clear across the room while its wielder was knocked into the floor. “Who the hell are you?!” The nin demanded a stranger who was cloaked in black. Aiko could barely shift her eyes to the person she who had saved her. Gazing upon the man cloaked in black before her, she squeaked out with whatever energy she could muster “Who…are you?” He slowly turned around and looked down to her, carefully examining her battered body. Calmly he kneeled down to her and said softly “I’m…a friend.” Aiko locked eyes with the man. Paralyzed by the sight before her, she felt her body relax against her will, she felt her mind begin to slowly fade away. “You can’t…be…your…eyes…” her lids became heavy as she felt him pry into her mind “they…they’re…red”