Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Legacy of Fire ❯ Diary Entry: Unraveling Truth ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author’s Note: Thanks again for keeping up with my story! I promise there’s a very good point to my story ;) Anywho, please review and let me know how much you appreciate my writing! Lol consider it a Christmas gift ;D haha Onwards!!1


--------------------------
Diary Entry 2: Unraveling Truth


Dear Diary,

Today I feel like a pile of crap. After waking up on the day you were supposed to go out on a date, who wouldn’t be? My body still aches all over, especially my stomach where I got knifed. Plus I’m a bit exhausted from healing Hiroshi. I can’t believe I did that. I mean, I just did it, I didn’t think. It was sort of spur of the moment, but I saved him from what would have been…well, I don’t even want to think about it. Ugh, I still had to deal with Tsunade lecturing me after about how dangerous chakra defibrillation is to the patient and the user if done improperly.  Even though I got scolded, Dad said she was very impressed with my ability. Maybe I can become a medic like mom when my days as an infantry kunoichi are up…but still, I’m going to complain more to you because you have no ears and if you did, you’d probably want to cut them off then stick your head in a pile of dog feces (^_^ NIN DOG FECES!) Haha!


Okay… enough with my gross and un-lady like remarks…
(But you have to admit it would be funny.)


Anywho, my chakra’s pretty worn out, my stomach still hurts( I’ve really got to tell mom to be careful next time she tries to regenerate my organs like that. For all I know, my spleen is in place of my stomach…) I took some medicine but my headache is still pounding away at my skull, I’m damn pissed that I can’t go on a date and have to wait another week, and last but not least I found out that when dad happened to come to the rescue, he saw the nin I punched out the window, hanging by a chain around his neck from the balcony. Doesn’t that sound nice? I don’t even know how he got there.


I feel even worse than crap for…you know, doing that, even though I know it’s in the job description, it’s just…it hurts to do that the first time. I’ve never fully realized that I would have to do it…but that’s what I signed up for when I declared I wanted to become a ninja. We are soldiers, trained to kill on a whim. But my way of the ninja isn’t like that. To never break my promises, to fight until I can no longer stand, to protect those precious to me, and to be the best ninja of them all is my way of the ninja. Because someday, I will become Hokage.


But enough with the Hokage spiel, I should be more concerned with the results of the mission. Although we didn’t fail, Bin protected the kids the entire time, all of my cell nearly got killed. Hiroshi got the chakra sucked out of him by some strange device, Kenshirou got poison injected into his arteries when the fucking evil whatever nin had him by the neck and I got gutted and poisoned. But what I don’t understand is why whoever would send such and obvious message and send high ranking nin to assassinate four sniveling brats. This mission was listed as a ‘C-rank’ , something I would normally be able to take care of alone. However, this was a high B in danger. Something was definitely not right, it was like the mission was set up for failure. This just…all of this is too fishy for my taste. Whoever this Mr. Nagaharu was, he knew what he was doing. I know I’m not one for such brash assumptions but this doesn’t make any sense to me.

He knew I would be there but he didn’t know my teammates would…and dad made him believe I was a chuunin with high-ranking jounin capabilities…maybe that explains why we had so many nin’s to deal with. He didn’t want to underestimate me and risk blowing the mission. But my team…My cell is not solely an infantry unit, we are mainly a recovery unit who comes behind an infantry unit. This is something we should be able to do and yet that nin’s device was able to do us in without any problem. I don’t get this at all.

Why would Nagaharu use his own children as bait? What kind of a monster is he? Whatever he is, he’s in on something.

The nin that attacked us were mystery nin because they had no identification and they resorted to only taijutsu and weapons, those chakra draining weapons, and they had speed beyond compare, even faster than I could see. Diary, we have a mystery on our hands. Well, two actually. The red-eyed guy who saved my sorry ass (and technically all our sorry asses) had to have been the one who took out the last nin. I’ve never seen anyone with eyes like his…much less heard of a kekkei-genkai with red eyes. The only lead I have is my dream…I remember when mom and dad use to warn me about a nin with red eyes and they used to tell Naruhiko about it too. If only the brat was awake right now I’d go ask him what he thought about the red eyes. It would be risky leaving such information in his hands…the brat only has three months left till he’s a genin and this is best not left to him.


Sorry Diary, but I now appoint you as my new assistant who records all my mission data. (Now I’m losing it -_-*…) I think this calls for an emergency trip to dad’s office. He’ll be away at a meeting and I can get into the hidden sealed cabinet with ease.. I know he hides his instant ramen in there, I can smell it.  Mom would blow a gasket if she found out that’s what he ate for lunch instead of her cooking. My family is the weirdest of the all isn’t it? But anywho, I think he just loves to insult my abilities…I know my father’s own chakra and that seal is as easy for me to break as it is to boil water for ramen. We do have very similar chakra signatures afterall.


I need to find the records for all clans. There has to be information in regards to kinjutsu or something from both the Land of Fire and all allied nations for all their clans. Tomorrow I’ll sneak in there, copy whatever scrolls on clan abilities and I can then go to Hiroshi and Kenshirou and see if they’re well enough to help me out on this mission. (Oh goody! I have a special mission!) I wish I could see the red-eye again (that just sounds sooo wrong -_-*) and just flat out ask him who he is because ‘a friend’ isn’t cutting it. Who does he think he is…?

But thanks again diary for your wonderful ability to listen to what I have to say.


~Aiko!

P.S. When I saw him, his chakra felt awfully familiar…but that’s a topic for another day…