Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Legacy of Fire ❯ Paralyzed ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author’s Note: Warui, I apologize for my lateness. I’ve had a lot going on and it’s been hard to sit down and write. But alas, here it is! An epic battle awaits and Lock.lady, you’ve asked for it so here the chapter is :D Music for this chapter is “Bad Situation” , “Hurricane Suite”, “Heavy Violence”, “Nine-tail fox theme” from the Naruto OST and Naruto Shippuden OST. I’m sure you can figure out where the music belongs in that order ;)  Oh and since the spring semester is coming up, I may not be able to post the chapters as quickly as I have been but I hope you can bear with me. Onwards!!!
------------------------
“Shinrui Haimasen…” Aiko’s voice trailed off as her expression softened slightly as she gazed at the unmasked figure. He had piercing red eyes that peeked from beneath jet black tresses that hung wildly across his eyes and down his back. Aiko blushed slightly, he really was a looker. “What business do you have with me?” she demanded, her eyes flitting with furry. He merely looked down to her, a condescending glare implying his superiority. “I’m going to take you” he said, an evil smile upon his lips. Suddenly, he leapt downwards at full speed with a kunai in hand, his cloak billowing behind him. A clash of metal rang throughout the forest as kunai met kunai, the grinding of metal producing sparks as they entered into hand-to-hand combat. As Aiko’s kunai met his she spiraled a kick around for him only to disappear and reappear to her side. No matter how many knife-hands, punches, kicks she had thrown, they all missed or were met with resistance. He was fast, faster than even Master Rock Lee in his movements and kicks she mentally remarked. “Shadow Clone no jutsu!” Aiko shouted, her dopplegangers running toward Shinrui for a barrage of kicks that no enemy could escape. “U-ZU-MA-KI BARRAGE!” and with that, the handsome enemy ninja plummeted back to the fractured earth. As Aiko formed hand signs for another jutsu, again the ninja faded to clay, melting into the soil. “What the….” She mentally was in shock. That had to have been him! She had kept an eye out but his speed was unbelievable and she must have missed a clone jutsu of some kind. Then it hit her: his eyes were the key.
All of a sudden, Shinrui appeared before her about to strike with a glistening sword but she narrowly escaped with a substitution jutsu. He wore a sinister smile as he watched her disappear. However, his smile was not without warrant for the real Shinrui appeared behind her and struck her to the ground. She hit the ground with such great force that her body left an imprint in the damaged earth. Shinrui walked towards Aiko and she could hear him slide his sword back into the hilt as his footsteps grew closer. Her body was racked with pain all over and she was struggling to breathe.
“Get up. I know you have more fight in you than that” he commanded as he knelt down, grabbed her short pink hair and lifted her face from the ground. Aiko’s eyes were still clenched shut as he lifted her gaze to meet his. Her face was distorted in pain as he tightened his grip on her hair. “Open your eyes.” She obeyed his command and her blue eyes met with his fiery red ones. It was then she felt a bizarre numbness that felt like it was entering through her skull and infiltrating the inside of her body from every nerve cell. It raced from her neck into her body, and down each limb, her chakra network slowly fading. “This can’t be the end…” her eyes half lidded, she was holding onto the remnants of her gradually fading chakra. And then everything went black.
----------------------
“Kenshirou, where is Aiko. She should have been here by now. Something’s not right” Hiroshi announced, concern filling his voice. He knew Aiko fairly well and although she did have the tendency to be late on occasion she never took on anything she couldn’t handle and it worried him. He could also see worry on Kenshirou’s face, though Kenshirou was one to hide emotions fairly well. They had been waiting too long and Kenshirou knew it. He swung his long ponytail chesnut behind his shoulder as he knelt down to give Bin a pat on his furry grey head. Bin was worried too and was whining to go back. “What’s that? Yeah we should go back. Plans change right?” Hiroshi asked his cousin, his charcoal eyes pointed in the direction of where they had come from as he inquired. Kenshirou was ready to head back and he was anxious to make sure Aiko was safe as Hiroshi gave Bin instructions to head away from their current location and towards Otafuku Gai. With that, Kenshirou and Hiroshi shared a nod and headed back towards Konoha while Bin raced at top speed away from their location and towards the “Homely Woman” town, bag clenched tightly in his jaws.
---------------
She could hear the sound of dripping water echoing around her. “What’s this feeling…” Her body was numb, unresponsive. “Am I dead?” She could feel a cold dampness around her in the decrepit air. It was a foul, filled with the stench of wet rot and decay. “Where am I…?” She thought, some feeling returning to her limbs. Slowly, she opened her radiant blue eyes, her hazy orbs filled with confusion behind long eyelashes. She was in sewers? After what seemed to be a few minutes, she sat up and looked around, her body swaying as sparkling white lights danced in her vision. The walls were slick stone covered in trickles of water and long pipes that ran up and across the ceiling for miles. There were torches scattered along the walls into tunnels that looked like they went on for eternity. And above her, there were rusted iron grates where light was barely entering. “I’m not dead, but am I captured?” she remarked to herself as she glanced to the iron grates then to her unmarked porcelain hands. She was confused as to where she was and to why, as she was looking over the skin of her hands, that her bod was unmarred. Just as she gained her strength, she stood up from the damp ground, staggering as she did so. Her surroundings were dimly lit and as she surveyed them she made a note of what appeared to be long tunnels before her. There were three tunnels which to take however, a feeling to take the one right next to her. She offered a harsh glance towards the infinite black in the tunnel, her fists clenched tightly.
Aiko walked and walked, her shadow dancing along the wall as she passed each new torch. Something inside was driving her to continue walking, almost as if her body was doing it on its own. Her legs seemed to be moving of their own accord. She walked through a labyrinth of tunnels, guided by a light tingling sensation deep in the pits of her stomach.  It grew stronger as she continued on, entering empty room after empty room and tunnel after tunnel. All the rooms looked the same- slick stone walls, lit torches, metal pipes across the walls and ceilings that both merged and split into tangling monstrosities. Aiko, after what seemed like an infinite amount of time came to a room unlike the others. It was a large fog filled corridor with a ceiling she could not see and before her, two gigantic gates of iron and wood, which the fog seemed to be coming from. It was then she heard a low guttural laugh that echoed around her. She grimaced. She knew this laugh.
It was then she noticed a small seal between the two massive gates. Something was behind them. She slowly sauntered towards the gates, the sensation in the pit of her stomach was so strong she was getting goose bumps. “Come closer human” the raspy voice commanded her. Aiko took a few steps forwards, still remaining on guard for any unwanted attacks from whatever it was. Then in the darkness, a single monstrous, blood-shot eye opened and rolling red fog poured from the gates, bubbling into something tangible before her. Aiko leapt backwards and away from the fog as it appeared to be manifesting something. She watched as it took the form of something she had only heard about in tales from the First Great Shinobi War. Struck with a mixture of fear and awe as the figure barred its building sized canines, Aiko was hit with a feeling of great power, a power that held her to the ground like gravity itself. She could feel it radiating and billowing all around her; it was a chakra of infinite magnitude and quantity that was visible in the form of haze and it was smothering her. Aiko was in such shock, she couldn’t speak for before her, in the form of bubbling fog, was Kurama, the nine-tailed fox of legend. It was laughing, mocking her and her refusal to let her fear seep out and show. “I smell your fear” the fox seethed, its eyes focus on Aiko. It was taunting her.
“You…you are the offspring of Naruto are you not?”Aiko grimaced as it spoke, her delicate pink brows deeply furrowed. “Answer human, are you not the offspring of my vessel?” Aiko stood bemused and perplexed at the Kyuubi’s words. He saw her confusion and began to prod her more, a sinister smile forming. “So you don’t know then? I thought you would at least know something, especially since you have come here seeking my help”. The fox laughed, its fog-like form waxing and waning as he did so. Aiko was struck with a whirlwind of emotions that she could barely form thoughts. Her mind raced from where she was, where she had been, what was before her, and what it was saying.
Offspring of a vessel?
It was saying her own father was a Jinchuriki, a living vessel feared by all and hunted for their possession of the great demons of the world. Aiko, through the flurry of thoughts, managed to finally utter a sentence. “And if I am his offspring, what does it matter?” she said, hesitance in her voice, her body stiff and braced for attack. The fox merely tilted its head and laughed before saying “How dare you question me! I could kill you in a single swat of my paw-“ “But you can’t now can you? You’re sealed away.” Aiko retorted, her confidence finally returning as she looked square at the seal on the gates hidden in the orange fog. The fox frowned in dismay and replied “So you have guts do you not? You came to me child. I heard your cry as you entered this realm, this seal.”
Aiko’s eyes narrowed as the Kyuubi continued to speak “You came to me now what is it you desire? Do you want power? Or perhaps something else?”
“Where am I now? I demand you to answer me.”
The fox only laughed before responding “You are in the seal, a realm created by Yondaime and his mate to seal me away forever in the belly of their child. You are able to come here because you share half the blood of a Jinchuriki. Any human who shares in the blood of a vessel may share in the power of the vessel.”
Aiko was still struggling to absorb the information the demon was telling her. She could share in the power that her father possessed and that meant, she had his abilities. Aiko frowned, her face told the story of her internal struggle. “If this is all true… then Kyuubi no Youko, I demand you share your power with me” she said, her voice booming and resilient. Kyuubi laughed as he gave his response.
“Very well then human…I grant you my power.”
----------------------
“Hiroshi! I can see her!” Kenshirou shouted as his Byakugan saw her being held by the enemy. Her hair was tightly grasped in the figure’s fist. Kenshirou could feel anger welling up inside of him, ready to boil over and pour out. “Twelve o’clock! 18 meters ahead, she’s held by the enemy!” Kenshirou shouted as he glided through the air. Hiroshi frowned, he could smell the stench of the enemy. The pair jolted through the air, drawing closer to their desired location but as they did, a menacing dark chakra began to come into view. Breaking through trees to what looked to be a war-torn battlefield of turned up earth, shattered boulders, and demolished trees, they saw Aiko- and she was unconscious laid out spread Eagle and held by snakes with a dark haired ninja standing over her.
Kenshirou screamed, his voice full of rage “WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH HER?!” Hiroshi grimaced as his cousin shouted and he got a closer look. The serpents were moving, twisting around her body and limbs as the enemy ninja stood with his hand in the center of her chest. The enemy looked up to the sharp inquisition and narrowed his red eyes, his hand never leaving her chest. Again Kenshirou asked harshly what the ninja was doing to her, his right hand braced behind him in his kunai pouch. He offered no response but stood up from his knees and narrowed his eyes, his hand gently slipping from the unconscious Aiko’s chest. Aiko was beaten and bruised, fresh bleeding cuts adorning her face and exposed body. Her hair was matted with a mixture of dirt and sweat and tangled with leaves. Hiroshi was surveying his comrade’s condition as Kenshirou sized up the enemy, his pale gaze never leaving the opposing ninja’s face. Kenshirou kept his eyes to the enemy for a number of reasons but mainly because he had to keep his composure as he did not want to see his love in the state she was in. His Byakugan was still activated and he could see the flow of chakra in the enemy and he became only slightly wary. He knew the enemy had a blood limit from the intense flow of chakra ebbing around his eyes. Kenshirou grasped three kunai in right hand behind him as he asked again “This is your last chance. Who are you and tell me what you are doing to her”.
Shinrui only gazed towards the pair and offered a slight smile before announcing “I am Shinrui Haimasen. She is needed elsewhere… I am taking her with me.” Kenshirou’s eyes narrowed as Shinrui continued to speak “She is a very special kuniochi, more-so than the Hokage or the village you come from knows. The kekkei genkai she possesses is need elsewhere.” Both Hiroshi and Kenshirou frowned because they both knew she had no true clan and no abilities born into her blood other than those she had already shown. Suddenly, Kenshirou charged the enemy, throwing three kunai in his direction before leaping backwards in an attempt to evade a set of shuriken thrown in his direction. From the air, Shinrui formed his hands into several formations and then rushed force a stream of fire towards his opponent. Kenshirou retreated high into the air before pulling out a scroll from his pack, summoning a meteor hammer with an oversized metal ball at the end and launching the metal head towards Shinrui. The dark ninja spiraled mid-air evading Kenshirou’s attack which plummeted into the nearby tree line and smashed through the trunks of several large trees before being pulled back to Kenshirou, who spun its chain in circles before attempting another attack as his feet met the ground.
Hiroshi meanwhile rushed over to Aiko and began to cut away at the slithering vipers who hissed as he struck their body’s with a kunai. Inside his head he was praying that she would be okay. Furiously he slashed away at the snakes which were tunneling up from the ground and around his teammate’s body in attempt to hold their precious hostage. He did not want to be caught in the crossfire of the battle happening around him as he heard the clashing of metal and breaking of foliage. However, it was then he felt something powerful rising up around him. It was a sharp and powerful chakra that began to circle around he and Aiko. Quickly, he looked up to see orange chakra flowing around them before glancing down and noticing Aiko coming too. She cried out suddenly in what seemed like pain however, her normal cry turned into a screeching roar. “AIKO! WAKE UP!” he shouted as he finally pulled his female teammate away from the vile serpents. However, it was not he who had gotten them off of her, they had retreated of their own will. As the sounds of battle raged around him and he held Aiko, who he was about to carry off the battle field and towards Konoha, he felt her sit up but when he looked at her, her body was covered in smoke as her wounds began to sear closed. And then she looked up and into his eyes. Her eyes were no longer beautiful and blue. They were blood red with demonic pupils.