Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Lost Wolf ❯ My Name is Sayomi ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

An: Futuristic Konoha, Re-Written Sayomi-of the Wolves

Warnings: Ocs, language and blood. Contains some angst...

Disclaimer: I no own Naruto... just my OC's

Chapter 1: My Name is Sayomi

I lay on the grass staring up at the sky clouded with huge gray clouds threatening to bring rain at any minute. Any other person would be looking for shelter but not me. Shelter was the last thing on my mind.

I waited there on the grass for my inevitable death that was sure to come. I couldn't feel anything at the moment. I cracked a smile thinking, How ironic? Moments ago I was screaming in agony and pain from the deep wounds all over my body. Now I felt nothing at all. I've probably lost so much blood my body has become numb.

At first I was disappointed in myself for letting my body become so mangled, but now I couldn't think about that anymore.

I felt the first drop of rain hit my cheek. I couldn't move to touch it, even if I wanted to. I let it roll down the side of my cheek. It left a small trail that itched a little.

My heightened senses picked up the smell of a human nearby. I could smell their flesh and blood. Their sweat and stench. My senses were still intact except for my sense of touch. Even if they had found me and tried to finish me off, it would be too late. I would already be dead by then.

You may think of me as being kind of depressing but I'm not. I'm neither sad nor angry. I'm not even happy. I'm just in what people would call peace.

I've gained my freedom and if the consequences of that are death then so be it. I no longer wished to be used as a tool. I didn't care if I was sent to hell…where I would surely be going. All I cared about was my freedom.

I've never had freedom before and even if these few precious moments are all I have of it, I can still die in peace. Another drop of rain hit my cheek and then another hit my eye which reflexively closed.

I waited for it to roll away to open my eye but there was no point. The rain had begun to pour, so I kept my eyes shut. I lay there waiting for death to take over.

My ears still twitched when I heard someone or something approaching. I could hear the pounding of the human's hearts and their feet hopping from branch to branch through the trees.

I sensed their chakra and found it a lot stronger than an average human's. They were obviously an elite shinobi from a village close by. I wished death would come faster, I no longer wished to live. I just wanted freedom and death would officially grant me that. But my heart still beat, very slowly but surely still beating.

Traitor, I thought to my heart. I wished it to stop already and go silent. The shinobi's scents were getting stronger. Then I felt it closer than ever before. My consciousness started to give way. I opened my eyes one last time before death took me into its cold embrace.

I could see the rain pouring down and the clouded sky. It was beautiful and I was glad it was the last thing I saw. A shadowy figure came from the corner of my eye but the darkness overwhelmed me before I could fully analyze the figure. I was sucked into the darkness… into death.


Sasuke Uchiha looked down at the young girl, lying on the ground of a clearing in the middle of the forest. She was surrounded by the dead bodies of humans and animals. You couldn't recognize a man's limb from a dog's. The stench was overwhelming even with the rain.

Sasuke had just been on his way home from his mission, when he came across a village filled with dead people. He decided to investigate a little. Sasuke crouched down next to the girl who looked to be about twelve maybe.

She had long dark messy hair covered in dried blood and dirt. She had several deep cuts and bruises all over her body. She was almost completely covered in blood. He looked up at her face.

She had a peaceful expression underneath all the dirt and blood. Then he noticed in the mess on top of her head, two pointy blue dog-like ears. One of them had a split and was bleeding, showing Sasuke that they were real.

I've never seen a person with those before, he thought. Sasuke took two fingers and pressed it gently to her neck. He noticed her ear twitch slightly. He waited a couple seconds before he felt a pulse. It was barely there but it was something.

"Can you hear me?" Sasuke asked her softly.

Her right ear twitched a little.

"Can you speak or open your eyes?" Sasuke asked her.

He waited for her to do either. He could see her squinted and her lips quiver. It seemed she got frustrated because the bridge of her nose scrunched up a little and she let out a small whimper.

"Relax, you don't have to work yourself up," he said touching her uninjured ear.

She relaxed a little and stopped whimpering. Sasuke was surprised at how soft the ear was even though it was a little dirty. He began to rub it softly. She let out a small breath.

Sasuke looked around him. She seemed to be the only survivor and with her injuries she wouldn't last long without some medical attention. He didn't see any other option but to take her with him to Konoha. He didn't want to leave her and have that on his conscience. She let out a small whimper when Sasuke took his hand away from her ear. He smiled softly.

"Don't worry, I'm just going to bandage you up," He said taking his bag off his back.

He shuffled through it until he found his first aid kit. He then went to work on her. He finished her up carefully and then put a blanket around her. Putting one arm behind her back and the other underneath the bend in her knees, he lifted her up and pulled her close to him. She seemed to curl into him to get closer. Sasuke then leapt up into the trees with her in his arms.


So this is what death is like, I thought to myself. I stared into the never ending darkness and heard a loud beeping sound. I felt my ears twitch at the noise.

How annoying, I thought, what is this all Hell's got? Darkness and a loud beeping noise, seriously? Wait a minute I can't move. What the hell? I heard a shuffle like clothing and then I felt something touch me. I flinched.

Wait a minute, what is that touching me? Suddenly my body became warm and something soft was pressing against my skin. I scrunched my nose and my eyes.

Are my eyes closed, I asked myself.

I tried to pry them open and it was almost the hardest thing in the world. I gave up and relaxed a little. I felt something soft and warm underneath me.

A bed?

I tried to sum everything up in my mind.

A loud beeping noise, a bed, a soft blanket, and a voice? I couldn't be… no there wasn't any possible way. I had to be dead.

"Miss, Can you hear me," I heard a loud high-pitched voice yell into my ear.

What the fuck? Who couldn't, I thought to myself.

My ears went down flat on the top of my head.

I didn't understand why she thought I couldn't hear. I tried opening my mouth after she repeated herself. But all my lips did was twitch and bring in some oxygen from the mask thing that I could now feel on my face.

I settled on trying to open my eyes. After a good three minutes my eyes finally opened a little. But a bright light hit them and they closed on reflex. I tried to open them again. I braced myself for the bright light. It came and I tried to keep my eyes open.

I tried to adjust to the light by blinking. Eventually my eyes adjusted and I took in the white ceiling with the fluorescent light. It seemed to dim as my eyes adjusted. I looked to my right to see a window. I could only see the sky and the very tips of trees from where I was laying. I looked to my left and saw a woman with big green eyes and long pink hair staring down at me. She was wearing a nurse's uniform. She smiled.

"Welcome back," she said to me.

Not a very good welcome, I wanted to tell her. But all I could do was glare at her. She didn't seem to register.

"Can you move your neck?" she asked.

I tried to turn my neck to the right and then back. I nodded my head yes. I thought the quicker I did what she said, the faster she would get the hell out.

"How about your fingers?" she asked.

My brain told my body to make my fingers move. They moved all ten. I nodded and she made another mark on her clipboard. She went down towards my feet and uncovered them from the warm blanket. I curled my toes in to the soles of my feet to try and get warm. She smiled and made another mark. Then she walked back up to me.

"Can you take a deep breath?" she asked.

I inhaled the oxygen from the mask and held in my lungs for a good 10 seconds and then exhaled. I nodded my head yes. She removed the mask from my face. I lifted my head up to get it from under me.

She took it away and I could now smell the stench of the hospital and some type of vanilla scented perfume she was wearing.

I went to open my mouth but I couldn't. I realized my lips were extremely dry and probably chapped. My throat was a little parched, too. I gathered up the little bit of saliva I could on my tongue and licked my cracked lips. I could now pry my mouth open a little but now my mouth and throat were completely dry. She came back over to me with that same weird smile.

"Water," I croaked like I was some old lady.

She nodded her head. She left my sight and I could hear a cabinet and then running water. The water stopped and she came into within my line of vision again. She brought the water to my lips and helped me sit up. The water began to pour into my mouth and I savored in the taste of the tap water. I gulped down the whole cup and relaxed my strained neck. She removed her hand from my head then put the cup down on a table next to her. I could feel my lips soften up and my throat become moist. I opened my mouth and looked at her. She smiled.

"Thank you," I said with a bit more of my normal voice.

"No problem," she replied.

"How?" I asked, hoping she knew what I meant.

There was no way I could have survived that battle. All those villagers and ninjas had come after me, when I tried to leave. They attacked me ruthlessly. I didn't want to kill but I wanted my freedom. I had to kill them, all of them. They all deserved it anyway. For the things they made me do to those children and the way they treated me, like a pet on a leash.

The girl smiled down at me and said, "Sasuke Uchiha rescued you and brought you here to Konoha. The main doctor, Lady Tsunade healed your wounds. She said it would be tough due to how severe they were. I was put in charge of your care; I'm Sakura Lee by the way and have been taking care of you ever since you got here about two days ago. You've been sleep ever since. Also Sasuke has been taking the liberty of coming to visit you the entire time. He seems to have taken a liking to you and that's not something Sasuke is known for. It may be your looks."

My looks, I thought for a moment then it came to me.

He's a pervert, whoever this Uchiha person is. I didn't realize I was displaying anger until Sakura said, "Oh that came out wrong, Sasuke's not that type of guy. It probably has to do with the ears. I've never seen someone with them before."

"Oh," I replied, put at ease.

"Well if you need anything just press the nurse button on the side of your bed and I or another nurse will pop up for you assistance. Sasuke should be here shortly," Sakura stated before grabbing her clipboard and leaving.

I sighed and looked out the window. What am I going to do now? I can't go back to my village and they won't want me here after they find out about me.

I started to watch the birds flying around and wished I could be out there and catch one. My stomach started to grumble just thinking about it. I lightly put my hand to my stomach and then cringed when pain surged through my lower abdomen. I removed my hand quickly and laid it back down at my side.

It must have been from when that man with the katana sliced across my stomach. I thought I was going to die after I killed everyone. But now I ended up here… in Konoha.

I've heard about this place but never ever been to it. I wondered what it was like outside this stupid hospital. I hated hospitals because they had all kinds of smells that make my very sensitive nose hurt.

I heard footsteps outside my door and they stopped. My right ear twitched towards the sound. The door opened and closed. I could smell the scent of a man, musk, sweat, dirt, and kind of …citrusy scent? I sniffed one more time. Yeah, like a citrus fruit. That scent though, was familiar to me. I could've sworn I smelled it when I had been dying.

Maybe it was this man that rescued me then. I could hear each footstep as he came towards me. I turned my head to face him. I looked up into his face and he looked down at me.

He had dark spiky black hair with bangs framing his face and dark eyes. He was wearing some sort of shinobi outfit and had a hitate on his forehead with a symbol. Most like it was the symbol of the village. I sensed the chakra flowing within him and it was stronger than all the shinobi at my other village. He must have been a high ranked shinobi.

This was definitely the guy that rescued me. He was just staring at me expressionless. I wondered what he was thinking of me. I stared back at him with the same expressionless face. He looked me over for a moment and I didn't feel comfortable.

"What's your name?" he asked.

"I don't have one," I replied, "but you must be Sasuke Uchiha."

"How did you know?" he asked grabbing a chair.

"Sakura-san told me, you saved me and you've been visiting me almost every day," I replied.

He sat down in the chair next to me. "Hm… why don't you have a name?" he asked me.

"I've never been given one," I told him honestly.

"What about your parents?" he asked.

"I don't have any," I responded.

"How were you born then?" he asked.

"My mother and father were apparently killed right after my birth," I explained to him.

"Who took care of you?" he asked.

"No one, I took care of myself," I said looking out at the window.

"What happened at the village?" he asked finally.

I closed my eyes and remembered everything that happened that day. They had forced the demon out of me and made me devour the last child in the village. When I came to my senses and seen what I done, I couldn't handle it. I used the little demon part of me that had escaped the seal placed on me to control me and killed everything and everyone.

"They all went to hell," I told him opening my eyes to look at him.

"Who sent them there?" he asked dead serious.

"I did," I answered back heartlessly.

"Why?" he asked gritting his teeth.

"They were sacrificing children and kept me on a leash my entire life," I responded looking away.

"Explain in detail," he demanded.

"The people of my village were filled with hatred towards me. They killed my parents and then took me away. They sealed the chakra of a demon inside me to control me. They tortured me in many ways to get me to do their bidding. Somehow they found out that my powers would grow if I devoured the soul of an innocent. They started feeding me the children by forcing out my demon part. When my demon soul is forced out I lose control of myself and it overcomes me, or otherwise I wouldn't have done any of that. They wanted power to take over the world and they were going to use me for that purpose. The day I learned that was the day they fed me the last child of the village. The seal had weakened and a little of my chakra escaped. I killed everyone and everything that belonged in that village. So I'm sorry for you taking time out of your life to help me. I know that there is no doubt after this that I will be killed by the leader of your village," I explained to him.

"I don't believe I'm that heartless," I heard another voice other than Sasuke's say.

My head turned so fast I almost got whiplash. I looked over seeing a man wearing a long robe and a hat with the symbol for the Hokage on it. My heart started to beat rapidly and the beeping of the machine increased.

I was so scared.

I had no idea why but I was. He looked up at me with the bluest eyes I've ever seen and some blonde hair was coming out from underneath the hat. I thought about the words he just spoke.

"What do you mean Hokage-sama?" I asked him looking away at the ceiling.

"It seems you were just protecting yourself and you didn't want to hurt anyone anymore. You also saved my village and others from an unnecessary war. I think what you did was sort of heroic," the Hokage spoke.

I looked over at him. He was closer and I could see whiskers etched into each cheek.

"You're not going to kill me?" I asked.

"No," he stated with a polite smile.

I bit my lip to stop the tears. I had no idea why I was about to cry. I couldn't understand what I feeling. Was this what people called happiness? But I thought people only cried when they were feeling sad? I was so confused.

"Why?" I asked as I heard Sasuke get up.

"You may not know it but I also have a demon inside me," he said softly touching his stomach and I was shocked.

"People aren't scared of you?" I asked as I felt a tissue being wiped across my cheeks.

I had no idea I let a tear slip. I was disappointed in myself for letting my emotions show. I looked at Sasuke and he had a foreign expression on his face as he looked at me. I never had someone show me this before in all my life. I wondered what he was feeling. It wasn't disgust because he didn't give off that sort of vibe.

"No they aren't now but before yes. They believed me to be a monster and hated me. I was rejected by everyone and all alone because I didn't have any parents either. But I found people who cared about me and people I cared about as well. I didn't let what other people thought of me affect me because I knew they were wrong and the people I cared about didn't care that I had the demon in me. They accepted me for me," he said with a big smile.

I nodded my head in acknowledgement.

"Arigatou," I said softly and looked back at the window.

I couldn't believe I was actually going to be able to experience freedom for a little while longer. I'm sure that if someone with a demon inside him can become Hokage, then I'm pretty sure I can accomplish something with myself. I looked back at them.

"Hokage-sama?" I asked him.

"What is it?" he responded.

"Can you release the seal of my chakra?" I asked, just remembering the seal, "I can't really defend myself without it and the little I had to work with is all sealed back up."

The Hokage looked at Sasuke. Sasuke looked back at him and then down at me. They both had what looked like a worried expression. I realized what they were thinking and shook my head no.

"Don't worry; I can control the demon inside me when he's not being controlled by others," I told them."

"Are you sure?" Sasuke asked me.

"I'm positive," I told them.

The Hokage nodded. "Ok then, we will bring someone in here for that when you heal up a little more."

"Arigatou, Hokage-sama," I replied to him.

"You're welcome," he replied turning to leave.

Sasuke sat back down as the Hokage left. My stomach growled again and I bit my lip in embarrassment.

"Is someone hungry?" he asked with a smirk.

"A little," I murmured.

"Alright, I'll go get you something to eat," Sasuke said rising up.

He left the room and came back a minute later with a tray of food. He helped me sit up which was kind of hard. On the tray was a bowl of ramen, salad, fruit and a glass of juice. I devoured all the food and then drank the glass of juice.

"Quite an appetite, huh," Sasuke said.

I glanced over at him and glared. He just smirked and picked up the tray. He sat it on a counter and came back over.

"Arigatou, Sasuke-san," I told him as he helped me lay back down.

"You're welcome Sayomi," he said to me.

"Sayomi?" I questioned him.

"Yeah, I was thinking of names and I figured that it would be a good one for you," Sasuke said smiling.

"Oh ok," I said softly looking out the window.

Sayomi, I thought to myself. That wasn't such a bad name at all. I wouldn't mind it. I smiled softly which I rarely did. "Arigatou," I mumbled.

Sayomi… that's my new name? I can live with that.


REVIEW REVIEW. I tend to write more and update faster the more reviews I get and as of right now. My main focus is going to be getting in all my re-writes and then focusing completely on The Lost Wolf.