Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Lost Wolf ❯ Hole in My Chest ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Warnings and Disclaimer in Chapter 1.
Chapter 2: The Hole in My Chest
Over the next week and a half that followed my awakening, Sasuke would come visit me every day. I kind of enjoyed all of his visits. We would talk a little, off and on. I was never much of a talker. He told me about his family. He has a wife name Shirome, a son named Sokuru, an adopted son named Riku. He was a Jounin rank ninja, which meant he was very strong. He was also an ANBU captain. His best friend was the Hokage; whose name I figured out was Naruto Uzumaki. He too came to visit me often. He was also a Sensei to a group of. They were the low ranking ninja that came from the ninja academy. Their names were Nakai, Sayuri, and Kazu.
When I wasn't spending time with Sasuke, I was training my body. I could now stand on my own but for no longer than 10 minutes. I still had pains in my stomach that shot through my body if I moved the wrong way or if I bent over too far. I couldn't wait for my seal to be removed so I could be able to heal completely.
I was sitting on my bed looking out the window, waiting to pick up Sasuke's scent or see him. My heightened senses had come back to me completely within the last few days. I looked down at the forest tops that surrounded the hospital and the dirt road where very few people walked besides doctors or people coming to the hospital. Then I suddenly caught sight of Sasuke walking with a woman with kind of long dark hair and red eyes. She looked a little older than Sasuke. My tail started wagging beneath me. I had gotten the ability to move that again too. I grabbed my tail to make it stop before someone noticed, but it was too late.
"Is it Sasuke?" I heard Sakura ask.
I glared at her but it had no affect since my cheeks were probably red. She just smiled at me and asked me how I felt.
"I feel a lot better than when I first came in," I said just as I did every day. "I just want to get out of the hospital."
"You will soon," she said as she did every time I said that.
I rolled my eyes and looked out the window. Sasuke and the woman were gone. I averted my attention back to Sakura. She was looking at my heart monitor and writing stuff down on her clipboard. I saw no use in trying to read it since I couldn't read. She looked over at me.
"Well I'm pretty sure Sasuke's almost here, so I'll just be going," she stated smiling.
"Ok," I sighed as she turned to leave.
The door opened before she got to it and in came Sasuke with the woman. I gripped my tail tighter but the tip still twitched.
"Ohayo, Sasuke-kun," Sakura greeted stepping aside to let them in.
"Ohayo, Sakura-san, how's our patient?" Sasuke asked glancing over at me.
"She's making progress, even though it's getting harder to keep her in bed for more than an hour," Sakura replied giving me playful glare.
I just smirked back. Sasuke smirked over at me. Sakura smiled in my direction and then left, closing the door behind her. I looked over at the woman and my ears flattened a little. Who was she? I wasn't used to having other people visit me. I only ever seen Sakura, Naruto, Sasuke, and sometimes when Sakura's busy, Nurse Ino. I wasn't really accustomed to being open to people.
"Sayomi, this is Kurenai Yuhi. She's going to help remove your seal." Sasuke told me walking over to me.
My tail started wagging. Sasuke smiled looking at it.
"It's nice to meet you Sayomi." Kurenai greeted walking over next to Sasuke.
"It's nice to meet you, too." I replied to her.
"So Sayomi, how old are you?" she asked with a polite smile.
"14." I responded.
"Wow, you're very pretty for such a young woman." she responded.
We made small talk for a while before they told me about the removal of my seal. They told me it was going to hurt and make my stomach a little worse. I couldn't imagine being in anymore pain but I knew it would be okay since I would be able to use the full power of the demon inside me to heal faster. They began by lifting my gown and removing the bandages that covered my seal on my stomach. It also revealed the nasty scar from my fight. Kurenai bit her fingers to make them bleed. I could smell the metallic smell of blood. She smeared it across my abdomen and then started forming hand signs. I looked up at Sasuke. He looked down at me and put his hand against my forehead. He rubbed his thumb back and forth. I could feel the warmth from his hands and the rough calluses from his training. I closed my eyes and slowly drifted to sleep as she put her hands to my stomach.
When I woke up, I was laying down on something really soft. I expected to open my eyes to the white ceiling of the hospital but that didn't happen. Instead I was looking at plain more off-white ceiling. I looked to my right to see a wooden wall as well. I was extremely confused. Where am I? I asked myself. I looked to my left to see I was in a small room with a dresser and a closet. I figured I was in someone's bedroom. I had no idea how I got here.
I removed the covers from my body and tried to sit up. I felt a sharp pain in my gut. I looked down to see my stomach once again wrapped in bandages that covered my breast and wrapped around my shoulders as well. I looked down at my legs and saw I only had underwear on. I sniffed the air, trying to find Sasuke. I smiled when I smelled him.
I forced myself out of bed. I stumbled a little but eventually I stood and began walking. My legs were shaky and I felt lightheaded, but I forced myself to find Sasuke. I reached the closet and opened it. It was full of simple yukata. I grabbed a plain blue one and wrapped it around myself. I finally reached the door after what seemed like hours. I opened the door and looked out to a hallway. I smelled to the left and to the right. I ignored the scents of the other people that obviously lived here. I followed Sasuke's trail to a kitchen. Inside the kitchen was a woman with her back to me. She had long dark hair. I smelled the air again and could smell potatoes, gravy, and some other vegetables. It smelled a lot better than the hospital food. She turned around and looked at me with dark violet eyes. She smiled. She seemed like a nice woman. Her looks seemed familiar. She looked exactly how Sasuke described her. It was Sasuke's wife Shirome. This meant I was in Sasuke's house. I had no idea why he would bring me here.
"It's nice to see you're finally awake. You've been asleep for three days. Have a seat I'll make you a bowl." She said turning back around.
I sat at the table in the dining room that conjoined with the kitchen. I watched her pour some of the stew in to a bowl and put two rolls on a plate. She placed them down in front of me. I looked down at it and sniffed. It smelled so good and I couldn't wait to dig in. My tail twitched just at the thought of having this delicious food in my belly. I hadn't realized how hungry I was until I picked up the spoon.
"Itadakimasu." I said to her and I began to eat.
"You're welcome, Sayomi," she replied going back into the kitchen.
When I was done eating, she came and took my bowl and plate. 'She sat down across from me in the chair.
"You're a really good cook, Shirome-san," I said sincerely.
"Thank you," Shirome replied. "I'm guessing Sasuke told you about me?"
"Yes," I said nodding and then remembered what I was doing before the food got to me. "Where's Sasuke-san?"
"He's out back. He took today off." She informed me.
I stood. "Excuse me." I shuffled to the doorway and eventually Shirome came and helped me. "Arigatou."
She just smiled and helped me out to the back. I walked out the door and saw Sasuke sitting on the porch with his legs over the edge. He turned around to look at me and my tail started wagging a little. Shirome helped me sit down and then retreated into the house. I sat down and let my legs dangle over the edge next to his. I looked across the backyard. In the distance, I could see houses on the right, across a small bridge over a creek. Those must have been the abandoned houses of the Uchiha compound. I could also see the forest. I longed to run through the trees like I always dreamed. But I was too weak right now to do that.
"How do you feel?" Sasuke asked.
"My stomach still hurts but only when I move a lot. Shirome-san fed me." I said looking at him.
He was looking out in to the forest. Sasuke's eyes were always dark and serious. But he also had that playful glint in his eye, just like when he teased me.
"That's good, that you're able to eat fine," Sasuke said, "even though you seem to always be able to eat no matter what."
I glared at him and turned my head. He just smirked back at me.
"Why did you bring me here?" I asked turning back to him.
"You couldn't be released with nowhere to go. Sakura wanted to take you home at first but her and Lee are never home so they couldn't watch over you correctly. Shirome is almost always here, so I thought it would be better if I took you in," Sasuke explained to me.
I felt a little disappointed for some reason. I guess I was just hoping that it was another reason. I think he knew I felt bad and he put his hand on my head between my ears. He petted my head and my tail started going. Then he dragged his fingernails across my scalp scratching. I usually wouldn't let the canine part of me get the better but sometimes it snuck out. I could always use a good scratch. Some of the kids would always pet me and give me scratches in my old village before they got in trouble for coming near me. He started scratching me on a spot on my ear that felt amazing. I leaned into his hand and my tail started wagging faster. Then suddenly he stopped and put his hand down. I pouted and looked at him. He smiled.
"I can't do that forever now can I?" he asked me.
"I guess not," I mumbled turning away.
We sat in silence for a while just watching nature around us. I glanced over at Sasuke.
"Where are your kids?" I asked him curious.
"They're off training, they should be home by dark," he replied.
"Do you think that I could become a shinobi?" I asked him.
He looked at me.
"Why do you want to become a shinobi?" He asked.
"To protect all the children of...Konoha," I told him looking up at the blue sky. It felt like forever since I've last seen it.
"That seems like a good reason to become a shinobi," he replied.
I nodded my head. "I want to protect all the children from being hurt and being alone. Then when I get strong enough, I want to protect all the children in the world."
"That's a pretty tough job to want to do," Sasuke told me.
"Were you not listening? That's why I said when I get strong enough." I repeated myself.
"Hm," he said looking back out at the trees.
I looked down at the trees too.
"I also want to protect you Sasuke," I said blushing slightly.
"Why is that?" He asked. I could feel him watching me.
"You've made me feel things I've never felt before and you also saved me from death. I owe you my life Sasuke and I plan to repay you. So even when you're an old man, I'll still be there for you, and there's no possible way of ever making me leave you," I said looking over at him, "you saved a wolf Sasuke, and wolves are the most loyal creatures in the world. We stick by the members of our pack and now Sasuke you are a part of that pack. I trust you completely and that's something I've never done before. I've only ever trusted myself and now you're the first person I trust."
He looked at me quite astonished and then smiled. He put his hand on my head and I smiled a little. I was beginning to do this more around Sasuke. It was never a full smile just a slight one. I've never smiled so much before.
"I'm proud to be a part of your pack," he said to me.
My tail started wagging. Then my stomach grumbled. "I'm hungry."
"I thought you just ate," Sasuke said putting his hand down.
"When I eat normal human food, it doesn't feel me up as much," I explained.
"What do you normally eat then," he asked.
"Boars, rabbits, fish, squirrels, cows, pigs, and deer," I told him and just the thought of eating those things raw made me even more hungry. Sasuke looked at me disgusted a little. I pouted.
"Don't judge until you try it," I replied turning around.
"Do you eat it raw?" He asked.
"Yes of course, it's best to eat meat nice and fresh. That's when all the juices are most nutritious and the meat is especially juicy," I said smiling and running my tongue along my fangs.
I looked back over at him. His eye was twitching from disgust. I smiled.
"Do you have anything like that?" I asked him.
"I don't think so," he answered, looking away, "I'll see what we can do about that later."
"Ok," I replied.
I was starting to get sleepy. I yawned and stretched my arms in the air. I glanced over at Sasuke rubbing one eye.
"Want me to carry you?" he asked.
I hesitated for a moment and then just nodded my head and closed my eyes. I felt Sasuke wrap my arms around his neck. He used his arm and slid it under my knees. He picked me up gently and I laid my head against his chest. I've never felt so warm and I could hear Sasuke's heartbeat. It was the most beautiful thing to me and I never wanted that sound to go away. As long as I can hear this, I feel like nothing can get me. But in reality I knew that wasn't true in the least. He carried me to the room I slept in before. I felt him lay me down under the covers. I immediately fell asleep as he pulled the covers over me.
I was running through the forest. My feet hit branch after branch as I ran through the tree tops. The wind blew my long blue hair all over the place and my eyes were wild. I smelled the bark of the trees and the leaves. I could catch the scents of the animals all around me, mixed in with the scent of wild flowers. I could feel the wind blowing against my skin and the birds that were up in the sky. My tail swung steadily to help keep me balanced. I had a big smile on my face that showed my fangs. I've never had this feeling before, the feeling of pure freedom. I jumped from the branch of a tree down to an opening in the clearing.
I looked around me and caught the scent of another wolf. I immediately became hostile. I bared my fangs and then I began to make a low growl. My tail hairs stood on end ready for an attack. Then suddenly the bushes began to rustle and a great large black wolf with white eyes that had gold rings. I relaxed a little. I stopped growling and relaxed my tail. This must be the demon within me. I've always had visions of him but never spoke to him in person/wolf because the seal kept us at a distance.
"Sit," it said in a deep stern voice.
I followed his demands and flattened my ears as a sign of respect. This was his territory and I didn't want to threaten him in anyway. He walked towards me with great elegance and sat down before me. His head was held high and he looked down at me with those unique eyes. They looked like they could read me like a book and held a lot of wisdom.
"It's nice to finally meet you, my vessel," he said to me.
I nodded my head in agreement.
"As you should already know, my name is Tadashi. I am the God of Wolves and the Lord of the Elements," he informed me.
I sat back in awe.
"I've chosen to grant you my power," Tadashi told me.
"Why did you choose me at all?" I asked.
"When you were born you had a strong spirit and powerful chakra. I had spoken to your father of your special gifts and we made a deal. He would seal me within you and in return I was to protect your life. The people of that village were going to come and kill your entire family. The village was already hostile towards your father but was prevented from doing anything by the leader. Once the leader died however the villagers took that to chance to kill your family. Your father and mother quickly made the deal and sealed me within you. The villagers came, but by that time the sealing had already depleted them of their charka and killed them," Tadashi told me.
I took a minute to take this all in. My mother and father had sacrificed their lives to save me. They actually cared for me.
"Thank you Tadashi-sama for saving my life," I said to him.
"There is no need for thanks, just don't ever do something as stupid as what you did before and have me waste my energy on you," he said sternly.
I blushed and nodded my head, knowing what he talking about. "Tadashi-sama, what are my father and mother's names?" I asked him.
"Your father was Tatsu Seiko and your mother was Sayu Seiko," he explained to me.
"Sayu and Tatsu," I said softly to myself with a smile.
I finally knew the names of my parents. Tadashi interrupted my thoughts with a question.
"Sasuke Uchiha is the master of Manda and Naruto Uzumaki is the vessel of Kyuubi, correct?" he asked.
"I'm not sure about the first one, but yes Naruto is," I answered him.
"Pathetic of what they have succumbed to. One has become a pet and the other a chakra dispenser. The idiots," Tadashi remarked with a hint of anger.
"Do you have something against them," I asked.
"More as though they have something against me. They've always been jealous of my looks and elegance," he said with a wolf smile.
I sweat dropped. "Really now?"
"Yes, do you doubt me?" He said making his voice boom.
"No," I mumbled as couple birds flew off.
"Hm, ok good, now be off. I will heal your body as quickly as I can but you need to eat other things besides that disgusting human food," he told me as he turned and walked off.
"Bye Tadashi-sama," I called.
He gave me a flick of his tail as way to say good bye. A light blinded me from nowhere and I woke up to my face staring at a wall.
I rubbed my eyes and sat up. I looked out the window and realized it was night time. I removed the covers from my body and got up. I walked over to the door and found it a lot easier to walk. I opened the door and stepped out into the hall. I followed Sasuke's scent into the kitchen. I could also smell food cooking and the scent of the others.
I went into the kitchen doorway and saw Shirome chopping meat. My mouth started to water. I was about to step into the kitchen when I noticed the other people sitting at the table. I stepped back into the doorway. Sasuke had his back to me. Across from him was a boy that looked like Kurenai and next to him, was a boy that looked like Sasuke. Then on the end was a boy with spiky brown hair. He also had dark gray eyes like storm clouds. I hid around the corner because I didn't want to be surrounded by so many people. I wasn't sure what they would think of me. I wasn't the most social of wolves.
"Come in here, Sayomi, they won't bite," Sasuke said flipping a page of a book.
All the other people turned and looked at me. I blushed and hid behind the door frame and looked at Shirome. She smiled.
"Sasuke's right, Sayomi," she said walking over to the table.
She sat the plate of meat down on the table in front of an empty chair next to Sasuke.
"Now if you want to eat, you have to come in here," Shirome said sitting in a chair at the end of the table. I hesitated. My ears flattened a little as I walked in. I looked down at the floor as I made my way to the seat. I sat down in the chair next to Sasuke. The boys smelled like sweat and dirt and something else... tomatoes? Whatever it was smelled really gross to me. Shirome smelled like peaches and Sasuke smelled citrusy.
"Are you okay, Sayomi?" Shirome asked.
"Yeah," I replied softly.
"Oh okay," she said, "Oh and by the way Sayomi, this is Yoshi, Sokuru, and Riku, Yoshi is their friend and Kurenai's son," Shirome introduced me.
"It's nice to meet you Sayomi," Sokuru replied.
"Likewise," I said not looking up at him.
"Hi, Sayomi," the boy named Yoshi said to me from under his mask.
"Hi," Riku said quietly.
"Hi," I replied looking down at my plate.
I began to eat slowly as they all conversed around me. I didn't do much talking. I was too nervous to talk. I never associated with people around my age.
"What are you eating?" Sokuru asked with a hint of disgust in his voice.
I glanced up at him and then down.
"The same thing you're eating just not cooked," I said taking another bite of the tasty red beef.
"Why not?" He asked.
"It's better for me this way," I replied getting a little irritated.
"Don't you get sick from eating that stuff?" he asked.
"I have a stronger immune system than most," I answered.
"Are your ears real?" Yoshi asked me.
"Yes," I mumbled knowing that question was going to pop up.
"Where you from Sayomi?" Yoshi asked.
I thought for a moment. I couldn't come up with an answer because I didn't know what my village was formerly called.
"Somewhere outside of Konoha," I replied and continued eating.
"That could be anywhere," he stated.
I just shrugged my shoulders.
"That looks kind of gross with all the blood coming out," Sokuru remarked.
I looked up and glared at him.
"Sokuru," Sasuke said sternly.
"I was just saying," Sokuru mumbled.
"It's rude to talk about what other people eat. It's normal for Sayomi to eat this type of stuff," Shirome explained to him.
I decided then and there I didn't care for these kids very much. But I would put up with them since Sasuke is now a part of my pack and Sasuke seems to care for them. They all began to talk about training stuff and I didn't speak anymore.
I finished eating and stood up.
"Excuse me," I said and walked over to the sink.
I started to wash my dish and Shirome stood next to me. She put her and Sasuke's dish in the sink.
"You okay?" she asked me.
"Yeah," I replied simply.
"Are you sure? You're not talking much," she responded.
"I've never been around people my age," I replied looking up at her, "so I don't know what to talk about with them."
"It's not that hard, just talk about stuff you like," she told me.
"I'll think about it," I said leaving towards the back porch.
I sat down and looked up at the starry sky. It was so beautiful and so was the moon. It was only a half moon and I knew in a couple days it would be full. I liked the full moons. They were so beautiful with the stars in the background. I closed my eyes and let the wind blow my bangs and press against my skin. I liked the night time. It was always so peaceful. I decided to meditate to relax my mind and help with the healing process. I placed my hands on my knees as I sat cross-legged. I focused on the place where I last saw Tadashi. He came to me in his elegant way and sat before me. I looked at him.
"It's time for us to complete our bond," he said to me.
I nodded my head. "What do you want me to do?" I asked.
"We are to combine our chakra as well as our spirits. It will enable you to use all of my abilities including being able to heal yourself and the Ookamigan, the wolf's eye. The Ookamigan will give you the ability to be able to master jutsus in any element. You will also be able to learn Ookami Sutairu no Jutsu, which is a taijutsu that I have created. It will make you extremely fast and powerful. This gives you the abilities similar to that of the Sharingan. You will be able to copy any jutsu you come across and read your opponent's moves after you've bitten them. I will assist you in battle whenever you need me. With all of these combined will make you a force to be reckoned with. You won't be able to train the Ookamigan until the next full moon, so you must rest until then. Are you prepared to become one...? Sayomi of the Wolves?" he asked me.
"Yes, I am," I said seriously.
"We will now begin," he said and stared me straight into the eyes.
His eyes began to glow and then our tails intertwined. I focused on joining our chakra and spirits. I allowed his chakra to flow throughout my body and could feel our spirits become one. We sat like this for a while until he said the process was complete. When I opened my eyes again, I was staring out into the backyard again. I felt stronger and more confident. I smirked at how good it felt. I could sense and smell Sasuke behind me. I didn't realize my tail had started to wag until Sasuke smirked looking down at it. I grabbed it and put it in my lap.
"What is it," I asked.
"It's time to take a bath," he told me.
My ears flattened. "Fine," I mumbled.
I stood up and turned around. I walked pass him and down the hall. I could hear the others in the room two doors down from mine. I went into my room and then grabbed a plain tan yukata. I looked through the dresser and found some under clothes. I left the room and Sasuke was standing outside holding a bucket with soap and a wash cloth and a towel. I snatched it from his hands.
"Someone doesn't like baths," he mumbled.
"I heard that," I replied before going into the bathroom.
I looked down at the tub filled with hot water and bubbles. I glared at them as if that would make the water and bubbles evaporated. I absolutely despised baths. I stood there for a few more minutes. Then turned around and walked back to the door. I slid it open and Sasuke stood out there with his arms across his chest. He smirked and made a motion for me to turn back around. I glared at him and crossed my arms defiantly.
"Get in the tub," he demanded looking back at me hard.
"No," I plainly stated.
He started smirking. I didn't like that look.
"Get in the tub or face the consequences," he said still smirking.
"What consequences," I asked.
"I'll hold you down and make Sokuru hug you," he stated.
My cheeks started to heat up and I then slammed the door closed on his face.
"If you want to come out you're going to have to take a bath or hug Sokuru," Sasuke yelled through the door.
I sighed and turned towards the tub. I became extremely uncomfortable when people tried to hug me. I get a weird feeling in my stomach and my face starts to heat up. After I finished the bath I went directly into my room and lay down. I stared up at the ceiling and conversed with Tadashi in my mind. I was interrupted when I heard the door slide open a little and light come in. I laid still. I could smell the boys. They didn't smell like dirt and sweat anymore. I wondered what they were up to.
"Why are we sneaking?" I heard Sokuru whisper but my ears picked it up.
"Because we don't want to wake her up if she's already asleep," I heard Yoshi whisper back.
"This is stupid, she won't come," Riku replied in a whisper.
Then light hit my eyes full force. I squinted my eyes so the light wouldn't affect me too much.
"Sayomi," I heard Sokuru call loudly.
I groaned.
"What?" I asked sitting up and glaring at them.
They all stepped back and stared at me. I could tell they were a little scared.
"She looks almost as scary as Sasuke when he's mad," Yoshi remarked straightening up.
"What do you want?" I asked kind of rudely.
"We were just wondering if you wanted to come out in the backyard with us, we're going to check out Riku's star chart," Sokuru said nervously.
"I'll pass," I said lying down, "can you turn the lights back off when you leave? Thank you."
"That was kind of unnecessary," I heard Yoshi mumble.
I rolled my eyes as the lights when off.
"Sayomi is mean," Sokuru mumble as I heard the door slide close.
I pulled the covers tighter to my body. I wasn't mean, just a little moody since the bath and the hug threat. Maybe it wasn't all necessary but what the hell, they don't need to know that. Looking at the stars wouldn't be so bad. It might be interesting. I climbed out of bed and walked over to my door. I slid it open and stepped out. I walked through the house to the back and opened the back door. They were out near the little bridge with Sasuke and Shirome looking at a map and then up at the sky. I closed the door quietly behind me. I sat down cross legged on the porch. I saw Sasuke glance over at me and then turn back to them. They all seemed so fascinated with the map and looking at the stars. I didn't understand what was so cool about it. I thought the stars were beautiful yes, but why did they all come out here?
I watched them and then Sasuke wrapped his arm around Shirome. I got uncomfortable at that. Why was he doing that, I wondered. Sasuke told me a wife is a person you love in a certain way that's different then how you would love anyone else. I had no idea what he meant. I never knew of love and never felt whatever it was. I felt something in me as I watched longer. I had no idea what it was but it kind of made me angry which was a feeling that I knew of very well. I wanted him to let go of her. I looked away from the scene to calm myself and looked up at the stars.
They looked like glitter tossed up against a black canvas and made a beautiful picture. I looked back down at the people in the backyard.
Sasuke was now chasing Yoshi around the yard. The others were laughing. I was really puzzled at this. When I was chased around, it was only for bad things. I watched Yoshi being chased by Sasuke. They didn't give off any fear or anger but something else. I was confused by this. Sasuke eventually caught Yoshi and hit him on the head. It wasn't very hard and it wasn't threatening. Sasuke just walked back over to the group with Yoshi trailing behind rubbing his skull. Yoshi said something and they started laughing. Sasuke only hit Yoshi again. I felt out of place since I didn't understand what was going on. I stood up and turned to leave. I glanced back at them opening the door. They were looking back at the stars. I felt a sudden pain on the inside and grabbed my chest. I had no idea what the pain was. I would just wait for Sasuke to see if he had any medicine to get rid of it. I walked inside and closed the door behind me.
I went to the room I slept in and laid down on the bed. I stared up at the ceiling. I searched my mind for Tadashi which was becoming easier to do.
"I feel a strange pain in my chest, Tadashi-sama. It hurts worse than I was attacked. You should know what it is right?" I asked him in my head.
"I thought you were smart," Tadashi said.
"I am, I'm just not sure what this is," I replied.
"What does it feel like?" he asked.
"Like there's a hole in my chest."
"Then fill the hole plain and simple."
"I was going to ask for medicine, but I'm not sure that's the right thing to feel it with."
"No it's not. The hole and pain in your chest can't be filled with medicine, because it's in your heart."
"I should tell Sasuke then. I might have to go back to the hospital if there's a hole in my heart."
He just laughed at me. I got mad.
"What are you laughing at?"
"You're just so naïve, Sayomi."
"What are you talking about?"
Now the old wolf was making me confused now. He started laughing at me again. I decided he was making things worse. He obviously knew something I didn't. I smelled Sasuke's scent come close to my door. He knocked and I opened my eyes.
"Come in," I said questioningly.
I wasn't sure why he was knocking it is his house. He opened the door and walked in. He walked over to me and sat down on the bed. I sat up and looked at him.
"Are you ok," he asked looking down.
I followed his eyes and realized he was looking at my hand that was grabbing at my chest.
"I feel strange in here," I replied, "I think I need medicine."
"Well what's wrong," he asked as I looked up at him.
"I was speaking to Tadashi-sama," I told him as that same foreign expression came over him from when I first met him at the hospital.
"That's the demon inside you right," he asked.
I nodded my head.
"Well," he asked urging me on.
"I told him there was a strange feeling in my chest and it hurt very badly. It feels like there's a hole there. Tadashi-sama told me that medicine couldn't fix it because the hole is in my heart. I told him that I think I might need to go to the hospital again but he just laughed at me," I explained to him.
Sasuke rested his elbow on his knee and his face in his hand. He smiled a little at me. I cocked my head in confusion.
"He didn't mean it literally," he told me, "it's more metaphorical. It just means you're missing something in your life."
"What am I missing," I half begged for the answer, "I want the pain to go away. It's always been there but I've never noticed it as much as I do now."
Sasuke put his big hand on top of my head. He ruffled my hair a little between my ears and put his hand back down.
"I can't tell you what you're missing only you will know, maybe not now but eventually," Sasuke informed.
I sighed. I really wanted this pain gone. I didn't want it anymore. I just couldn't figure out what the pain was from. So I don't know what I need in my life to fix it. I noticed Sasuke stand up to leave. I grabbed his wrist and looked down. My ears flattened and my cheeks started to heat up. I felt weird touching Sasuke like this.
"Sasuke," I said softly.
"What is it," he asked back gently.
"Can you stay with me until I fall asleep," I asked and looked up at him.
He smiled softly and touched my head.
"Of course Wolfy," he said sitting back down.
I lay under the covers a little more relaxed. Sasuke pulled the covers around me tighter. He sat next to me and began rubbing my ears softly. I smiled softly. It felt really nice and made me relax even further. The pain in my chest was long forgotten.
"Thank you Sasuke-san," I said near a whisper.
"No problem, Wolfy," he remarked softly.
"I'm glad you're a part of my pack," I said yawning.
"Me, too," he replied.
I then felt blackness surround me as my eyes closed as I drifted off into dream world.

Review and I'll give you cookies. Wait... never mind I'll keep these cookies, you people just review. HA.
Ja ne