Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Lost Wolf ❯ Hidden Leaf Village ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer in Chapter 1
Warning: This chapter may get a little angsty.

Chapter 3: The Hidden Leaf Village

I woke up the next morning bright and early. I felt almost brand new. I didn't feel the pain in my stomach anymore and decided to go outside. Sasuke was gone but I knew that when I heard him in the middle of the night. I went out to the back porch and found the sun just rising above the horizon. I inhaled the fresh morning air and the hazy scenery. I walked down to the small bridge over the creek and looked at the little fish swimming around. I sat down on the bridge and began to meditate.

It was kind of early when Riku woke up. He scratched his head and looked around the room. Yoshi and Sokuru were still asleep. He silently got up and walked out the room. He went to the bathroom and decided to go out back for some fresh air. He opened the door and looked around. He saw Sayomi sitting down on the bridge with her eyes closed.

She seemed to be meditating. He watched her for a minute. He hadn't said much to her the day before. He couldn't even look at her. He wanted to say something to her but wasn't sure what. He started walking over to her. He got really close to her and took in her presence.

She was wearing a plain tan yutaka. He couldn't really see much of her body and then looked at her face. She was really pretty. No she was beautiful. She smooth skin and perfect high cheek bones. Her lips were full and pink and she had a cute nose. He couldn't see her eyes but he could see her pretty long eyelashes and she had perfectly arched eye brows and he knew she had the prettiest light gray eyes. Her bangs framed her face perfectly. She had really cute dog-like ears on top of her head that were entirely blue. They were surrounded by long blue hair with lighter blue highlights tied into a large braid. Her hair looked like silk and looked really soft. Her tail was wrapped around her waist and placed on her lap. The fur looked really soft and the tail was elegant. The more Riku thought about how beautiful she was, the more calm he became.

His nervousness completely went out the window. He never saw a girl that was so beautiful. His girlfriend, Hana Lee, was pretty no doubt, but she was nothing compared to Sayomi.

I could smell Riku standing there. I felt his eyes on me. When he first came out I could sense something weird radiating from him. I thought maybe it was anger from his heart beating so face and the little bit of perspiration coming off of him. I was prepared to leave. But then as soon as he close he had calmed down completely. I wondered what was up but still irritated that he was staring at me. I got fed up with it since it was ruining my meditation. I opened my eyes and looked over at him. He was just standing there looking at me.

"What?" I asked impatiently.
Instead of him yelling or something like I'd expect, his cheeks just turned a rosy color. I was worried that he might be having trouble breathing or something. I quickly stood and walked down to him from the bridge. I placed the back of my hand against his forehead. It was only slightly warmer but not more than usual. I was about to pull my hand away when I heard something from within him. It was his heart beat. It was off a little. I wondered what was wrong with it. I removed my hand and looked down at his face. He was frozen and looking up at me.

"Are you ok?" I asked with a little concern.

He finally snapped out of it and looked at me. We were about the same height. He was maybe an inch taller.

"I'm fine," he mumbled before turning around and stomping off.

I just cocked my head to the side. "I wonder what that was all about," I thought to myself out loud.

I shrugged my shoulders and decided to forget about it. I sat back down and began to focus.

Two more day, I thought with a smile, and I'll really be free. I never expected them to let me live here forever. I believed they just wanted me to stay here until I was healed. Even that I questioned though. Why are they giving me a place to stay and some food? Are they expecting me to repay them back? I don't have any money but I guess I could work for them. They helped me a lot and I should repay them in some way.

I sighed. My meditation was already ruined from when the boy came over. Now my mind was racing and that didn't help my meditation. I stood up and began walking back to the house. I decided to ask Sasuke what he wanted for compensation.

I walked into the house and could smell food cooking. I went into the kitchen and saw Shirome making breakfast on the stove.

"Ms. Shirome what is that you and Sasuke want from me?" I asked her.

She turned around to face with a confused look on her face.
"What do you mean?" she asked me.

"You must want compensation for giving me food and a place to stay," I explained.

She just smiled understanding what I meant. I waited to see what she wanted.
"You don't owe us anything sweetie," Shirome replied, "we did this because we wanted to not because we felt obligated or wanted something from you."

I was taking back by this.

"But that doesn't make sense," I replied in shock.
People always want something back for doing things for you. It's how life goes, isn't it? Eye for an eye?

"Of course it does," Shirome said still smiling, "you have to understand Sayomi that there are people out there that don't always want anything back when they do something good for another. They just expect to be giving kindness and respect in return is all. You're not obligated to do anything in return for us."

Kindness and respect is all they wanted? That doesn't make sense, what good will that do for them?

"Kindness?" I question, not sure what the word meant.

"Yes," she replied turning back around to continue cooking.

"What is that?" I asked looking away as she glanced back at me.

"When you're not mean to someone and show them respect. You don't talk rudely or disrespectfully to or of that person," she replied.

I thought this over for a minute. I didn't think being kind was too much for me to do.
"Is there anything else I can give you in return?" I asked.

"Be a good person," she stated.

I looked up at her. "What's a good person?"

She seemed to hesitate for a minute and then began to speak. "A good person is someone who is kind to all and respectful. They aren't mean to someone unless that person hurts them in some form. They aren't selfish. They take other's opinions in to consideration and don't judge people based on their past. They do what's right."

I thought about all of that. I couldn't think of how I could do all that immediately but I thought I could try for Sasuke and Shirome's sake.
"I'll try to be a good person," I said softly.

"Good, I'm glad," Shirome replied as Riku and Sasuke walked in.

I looked over at Riku. His face wasn't red but then he looked at me. His face turned red then. I wondered why his face did that. Was he angry or something?

"Are you ok?" I asked him.
"I'm fine," he mumbled before walking passed me and to the dining room table.

He sat down. I looked at Sasuke with a confused expression. He just shrugged his shoulders and smirked. Then I saw him walk over to Shirome and place his lips against her cheek and make a wet noise. I was confused at what that was.

"What was that?" I asked him as he walked towards me.

"A kiss," he said slowly.

"Why did you 'kiss' her?" I asked tilting my head.

"It's to show a sign of affection. You kiss people in different ways to show how you feel about them or depending on their relationship, for example I can kiss Shirome on the lips or anywhere else because we're married," Sasuke explained.

"What's affection?" I asked.

"Affection is anyway you show that you have positive feelings for someone. You can hug them, kiss them, or something of the sort," Shirome explained sitting plates on the table.

I nodded my understanding and then got a little upset. I've never been shown affection before. I went and sat down across the table from Riku. Riku wasn't looking at me. I had the feeling he didn't like me. I was use to it but it made me feel a little upset. Riku looked up at me and he gave me this hard look while his cheeks turned red.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" he asked.

"Why does your face keep getting red?" I asked curious.

His face got redder and looked away.
"None of your business," he mumbled.

I glared a little and then looked away.

"Good morning," I heard Sokuru announce loudly.

I guessed that Yoshi left because his scent was no longer in the air.

"Good morning," Shirome replied as he sat down next to me.

I didn't want him sitting there. I preferred Sasuke being next to me.

"Good morning, Sayomi," he said to me.

"Good morning," I mumbled.

"How'd you sleep Riku?" Sokuru asked him.

"Fine," Riku mumbled not looking at him.
I guess I put him in a bad mood.

"Why you so grumpy this morning," Sokuru asked.

"I'm not," he mumbled and then spoke louder, "did Yoshi leave?"

"Yeah, this morning, he said he had to go do something," Sokuru answered as Shirome started putting food on our plates.

We all began eating afterwards. I would glance up at Sasuke on occasion who was reading a newspaper as he ate.

"Hey Sayomi," Sokuru said a little too loudly.

"Yeah," I replied as my ears twitched.

"Do you want to do something later, I could show you around since I don't have training today?" Sokuru asked me.

"Sure," I said glancing at him, "what do you mean by training?"

"I'm a genin," Sokuru told me.

Oh yeah, I thought, how could I forget? Maybe it's because he looks so innocent.

"Oh yeah," I replied.

"Riku and Yoshi are genin too," Sokuru informed me.
I ears twitched at the sound of Riku's name. I was still confused about his behavior. It seemed like he didn’t like me but he wasn’t this way yesterday. I wonder if it was something I had said earlier.

"How did you become genin?" I asked him after I blocked the thoughts of Riku out my mind.

"Well you to go the academy for a couple years and then you have to pass a group of tests called the genin exams. You have to pass a written exam and perform three jutsus. You have to do the transformation jutsu, the clone jutsu, and substitution jutsu," he explained to me.

I've never heard of those jutsus. But they sounded pretty easy to do.

"Can you show me them?" I asked him.
"Yeah, are you going to try and become a shinobi, too?" he asked.

"If it's possible then yes I do," I replied to him.

"Cool, so what kind of jutsus can you perform?" he asked me.

"I can't do any jutsus as of right now, I’m not as strong as I usually am. Once I am healed up then I can show you. I don’t really have names form them. By the way do you have the sharigan?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I do but it's not as strong as it can be, so I'm training to increase it's abilities." Sokuru replied.

"The more you train, the stronger your Sharigan gets?" I questioned.

"Yeah, that's right," Sokuru replied with a nod of his head.

"So, then Sasuke's Sharigan must be extremely powerful, yeah?"

"Uh, yeah, but my dad is pretty much all kinds of powerful," Sokuru said smiling.

I looked at his face, studied it. It was full of such innocence and purity. How could he be able to take the life of anyone? I just couldn't see it.

"Sokuru," I said softly.

"Yeah, what is it," Sokuru asked.

"Why are you a shinobi?" I asked looking away.

"To protect the people I care about," Sokuru said as I looked back at him.

His answer was purely genuine. I looked back down at my plate of food, that I had barely touched. Then I looked up at Riku. He was just messing around with his food with a scowl on his face. I guess he doesn't like me either. Oh well, I'm use to it by now.

"Hey Riku, you should come with-."

"No, I have to train," Riku interrupted him and stood up, "excuse me."

I slightly glared at him for being so rude to Sokuru. I glanced over at Sokuru. He had sadden look in his eyes at Riku's actions but then perked up again when he noticed I was looking at him. He gave me a big 100 watt smile. What's up with that, I thought, how could he just smile like that when he was so rude?

"So I guess it'll just be me and you then, if you don't mind," Sokuru remarked.

"I don't mind," I replied.

"Awesome," Sokuru said.

Sokuru and I were walking down the streets of Konoha. It was a nice village, everyone in it seemed so happy.

Shirome gave us some money for me to get some clothes. I tried to decline but she insisted I couldn't go around wearing a yukata everywhere. So now we were searching for a clothing store.

I looked around at the different people. I could feel their eyes on me. They were watching me intently. I could even hear some of the whispering, nothing too clear though. But I could assume what they were saying. What they were all thinking. They probably thought of me as some sort of freak or demon. No normal human being has ears or a tail. They didn't want some stranger like me here.

My ears flattened on top of my head as I looked at the ground. The more self conscious I became, the closer I became to Sokuru. I didn't realize I was so close until I bumped in to him. My head shot up and I looked at him. He just looked at me.

"I'm sorry," I said putting distance between us.

"It's fine," he replied giving me a small smile.

We continued walking for a little while until a store caught my eye. It was a simple clothing store. It didn't look too expensive. What caught my eye was the outfit that was hanging in the window. I walked up to the window to examine it closer.

It was a simple outdoor outfit. A gray top that stopped below the breast and was held up by black straps. The shorts were a matching color with black straps criss-crossing it with blue fur going around the waist. It was my style.

"Do you like it?" I heard Sokuru ask me.

"Hai," I replied looking at him.

"Well then let's go get it," he told me smiling.

"But, it looks expensive," I responded unsure as he opened the door of the shop.
"Come on I'm sure it'll be fine," Sokuru said as he held the door open for me.

I stepped inside with a small, "arigatou." He followed me in after and let the door close.

There were a few people in the shop and they all turned to look at me. I looked away from them, to try and ignore their gazes.

I followed Sokuru over to the mannequin with the outfit that I liked. The entire time I could hear their whispers and feels their eyes on me. I knew what they were saying. They were wondering how the Hokage could let a demon into the village. They thought I was a freak.

During my self-loathing, I hadn’t been paying attention to where I was going and ending up running in to Sokuru… again. My cheeks heated up as my head snapped up. He just smiled.

“Maybe you should keep your head up, so you won’t bump in to me as much,” Sokuru remarked.

I knew he was kind of joking but I was still embarrassed nonetheless. I felt the presence of another person behind me. I swiftly turned around preparing for someone to finally grow enough of me being in the store and wanted to kick me out. I looked at the person that had approached me. It was a boy about Sokuru’s age. He had short spiky dark blue almost black hair. His eyes were white with no pupils. I’d never seen eyes like that… they were fascinating.

“Hey, Kai,” Sokuru said stepping p beside me.

I snapped out of my daze for a minute and then looked at Sokuru. ‘Kai’ did as well.

“So is this the uh, girl, you told me about?” Kai asked.

“Yup, Kai this is Sayomi, and Sayomi this is Nakai, or you can just call him Kai,” Sokuru introduced us, “he’s the Hokage’s son.”

“The Hokage’s son,” I repeated softly as I examined Nakai once more.

Now that Sokuru told me, he really did look a lot like Naruto, just shorter. Not that much though.

“It’s nice to meet you Sayomi,” Nakai said extending his hand.

I looked down at his hand. I had no idea what he wanted me to do. I’ve never had someone raise their hand to me unless it was to strike or touch my ears. Maybe he wanted to touch my ears but he wanted to ask permission first? I thought for a minute before it became a stupid. I put my finger to my lip as my head cocked to the side, still trying to figure out what to do. I… don’t know what to do. Maybe I should, repeat it, I thought finally. I lowered my hand from my mouth and was about to reach for it. His hand came forward a little and by reflex, I smacked it away. I immediately regretted that.

“Hey, what was that for,” Nakai asked with a frown on his face.

I immediately snapped my eyes shut and flatted my ears to my head in submission.
“Gomen nasai,” I said as I prepared for him to strike.

“It’s no big deal, but I was trying to give you a handshake, you apparently aren’t that much of people person,” Nakai said rubbing the back of his hand.

I opened my eyes and glanced at him. He had the same smile as the Hokage. I looked back down at my feet. I could heat begin to rise to my face. How embarrassing… not only do I look like a freak but apparently I act like one as well. I let out a soft sigh.

“Sooo, what are you doing here, Kai?” Sokuru asked.

“I was about to go get some ramen,” Nakai replied.

I silently stepped away, not wanting to be a nuisance. I walked up to a lady that was putting clothes on to a stand. I was going to open my mouth to say something, but I couldn’t. I tried it again, but nothing came out. I was too nervous. I didn’t want to interrupt this lady’s work, but I really wanted to get out of here. I opened my mouth to say something once again, but still nothing.

My cheeks began to heat up even more since they hadn’t cooled down since I embarrassed myself in front of the Hokage’s son… THE HOKAGE’S SON. My chest started to feel tight. OH NO, I thought, I hit the Hokage’s son. I turned around to look back at him. He was chatting with Sokuru still. I hope he doesn’t tell, that would get me in trouble and Sasuke, too. OH NO, Sasuke, I thought grabbing my hair by the roots. What if Sasuke finds out? He’s the Hokage’s best friend, so he would surely found out what I did too. He wouldn’t want some violent animal in his home. I’ve always been on my best around Sasuke, so he doesn’t how much of bad girl I can be. So this is why, I must’ve been punished all the time. Dammit, how could I screw up already. My one chance at a new life and I screw it up already. No, I can’t do it, I can’t face Sasuke. I don’t want him to be disappointed in me. I don’t want Ms. Shirome to be either. All they asked of me was to be a good person and I screwed it up by striking the Hokage’s son. My chest started to tighten. After Sasuke finds out what I’ve done, he will no doubt not want me anymore. I can’t believe, I’ve messed up already.

“SAYOOOMMMII,” I heard a voice yell, startling me from my thoughts.

I looked around and noticed everyone was staring at me. Sokuru was looking at me and he had his hand on my arm. I couldn’t read the expression on his face. Was he worried? No. He couldn’t be, I just struck his friend. He must be disappointed in me. Yes, that’s it.

“Sayomi are you ok?” Sokuru asked me.
My throat felt dry, so dry. It was like a desert. I couldn’t say anything.

“Sayomi, you’re bleeding,” Sokuru said bringing my arm down to my face.

I could smell before he showed me it. There was blood on my claws. Who’s blood was this? Was this Nakai’s blood? Oh no. I sniffed my fingers. No, it was my blood, but something else with it. My eyes widened at the fact that I could smell Nakai’s scent on my claws. Oh kami, I made him bleed. I looked at his hand and in fact there it was. Blood. He was bleeding but only from a small scratch. But it was still enough, enough to make the Hokage’s son bleed.

I looked up at Nakai’s face.

He was glancing down at his hand. He lifted it up and I knew he noticed the scratch. Oh kami, I thought. His lips moved but I couldn’t hear the words over my rapidly beating heart beat.

I glanced around me and saw people watching us. They were all thinking the same thing. How dare this beast come in to the village and attack the Hokage’s son? I could feel their hatred towards me. I could feel Sokuru and Nakai’s eyes still on me.

I couldn’t breath and I couldn’t hear anything but the pounding voices of the people in the store. I couldn’t take it anymore. I can’t handle it.

I snatched my arm away from Sokuru and yelled “gomen nasai,” before making a quick getaway. I ran out the door and down the street. I could feel the people’s hatred towards me and their eyes judging me. Their voices in my head, yelling. I couldn’t understand exactly what they were saying but I knew they were all yelling at me what a monster I was. It felt like I was back at the village, but this time everything was 100% on me.

Then I caught a whiff of the Hokage’s son’s blood on the tips of my claws still. I had to get it off. I had to find water. I tried blocking the voices out to find some source of water. I focused until I heard it. I was finally able to do it and found the sounds of a river. I ran towards the river as fast as I could, not paying attention to anything else except getting the blood off of my hands.

Finally, I had come to a river and not too many people were around. I ran down the river side and put my hands into the water. I scrubbed my hands together viciously. My claws even began to dig in to my skin and make more blood. But I couldn’t see it as my blood. All I saw was red, blood. The children’s blood. I froze as the image crossed my mind. The image of young children being devoured by a beast with red eyes. I started to shake my head to get rid of the images.

“That’s in the past, it wasn’t my fault,” I screamed as my hands latched on to the roots of my hair.

I shut my eyes tight to try even more to block the images. But I knew it was useless. The images were in my head and there was nothing I could do. I just sat there with the visions of me killing all those children when I went berserk. I couldn’t stop myself. I couldn’t control it at all. I could hear their screams and see their blood everywhere. The metallic smell was so strong, it was if I was actually there again. Then someone’s hand touched my arm.

I started to panic thinking the Hokage had already sent someone to kill me. I hesitantly looked at the person that had touched my arm. I saw the white eyes without pupils. They were the same as Nakai’s but different somehow.

It was a boy with long dark brown hair. His features were soft yet stern at the same time. He wore some sort of traditional robes that were entirely white.

“Are you ok?” he asked me with a deep yet soft voice.

I opened my mouth but couldn’t speak. When his hand had touched me the visions disappeared. Visions that I tried so hard to get rid of but with his simple touch he made them go away.

“Are you…ok?” he repeated.

“Arigatou,” I replied looking away and lowering my hands.
There were still blood on them but it was mine. The pain from my scalp was an indicator to where it came from. I washed my blood off my hands.

“For what,” he asked me.

“For making the visions stop,” I replied standing up.

He stood up to his full height as well. He was a few inches taller than me. I couldn’t but help to look at his face once more. My stomach started to feel funny and face felt hot. I had no idea what was going on.

“You had visions,” he asked.

“Hai,” I said looking back down at the ground.

“Of what,” he asked.

“I’d rather not tell,” I said softly.

“Well the must have been terrifying, from the things your were mumbling,” he remarked.

I just nodded my head. I noticed him stick his hand out towards me. My face heated up more as I remembered what I had done before when Nakai had done the same thing. I swallowed my pride.

“I don’t know… what you want,” I asked glancing at up at his hand and then back to my feet.

It was silent for a few seconds before he said something.

“Just take my hand and tell me your name,” he informed.

I looked at his hand and then looked at mine. I raised it slowly towards his. It seemed forever before I actually touched his hand. My fingers grazed over his palm and then I softly wrapped my hand around his. He closed his hand around mine. My face was so warm by this point. I shyly glanced up at him. He wasn’t smiling but he didn’t have an angry expression on his face either.

“Say--omi,” I mumbled and quickly looked back down to my feet.

He released my hand and I quickly put my hand back down at my side.

“I’m Akiro Hyuuga, you must be the wolf girl that Sokuru has been telling my younger brother about, it’s nice to meet you,” Akiro replied.

“Nice to meet you, too, Akiro-san,” I said back.

I wonder why Sokuru is talking about me. Does he not like me or something?

“Sokuru is looking for you, he asked me to take you to Ichiraku’s if I see you, so here I am,” Akiro told me, “so come on let’s go”

He turned around to leave and I followed him. Thoughts of early were no longer in my mind. I was thinking of Akiro and that handshake. That was the first time I’ve ever touched a boy, well that was my age… and that was on purpose. His hand was so soft and warm. I’d never experienced anything like it before.

I also noticed that Akiro was dressed elegantly. He stated that his last name was Hyuuga. I believe that I’ve heard of a clan with that name before.

“Akiro-san,” I said just loud enough for him to hear.

“What is it?” he asked as we began walking through the streets.

“You’re part of the Hyuuga clan, right,” I asked him.

I started to follow him a little closer, when the people started to increase in number.

“Hai,” he replied.

“Nakai-sama, has the same eyes as you,” I remarked.

“He’s my cousin and the same bloodline as me,” Akiro explained, “the Hyuuga bloodline is a dominated gene. So he would possess the Byakugan, too even though his father is not a Hyuuga.”

“What’s the Byakugan,” I asked.

“The kekkai genkai of the Hyuuga clan, the same way the Sharigan is in the Uchiha clan,” Akiro replied.

I nodded my head in understanding. The rest of the time we spent walking to Ichiraku was silent. It wasn’t an awkward silence for me but somewhat peaceful. I was busy going over the things that I had learned about Konoha. It was definitely different from my old village.

We arrived at a small bar kind of place. I could smell food cooking inside. It smelled really good. Akiro stepped through the curtains that covered the place and I followed after him. I saw Nakai and Sokuru already sitting there with food in front of them. It appeared to be some sort of noodle soup.

“Sokuru, I’ve found her,” Akiro stated.

Both boys turned around and looked at him and then me. I looked away from them to the floor. I was ashamed of my earlier actions.

“Sayomi,” Sokuru shouted, “we were worried about you. Why’d you run off like that?”

“Gomen nasai,” I mumbled.

“I’m leaving,” Akiro said turning around.

“Why don’t you stay and have some ramen with us,” Sokuru asked.

“No thank you,” Akiro responded as he left.

I looked up at Nakai.

“Akiro is no fun, I like Kazu way better,” Sokuru said with a smile. “Sayomi why don’t you come sit with us and eat.

He then turned around before he got my answer. I looked over at Nakai to see if he was ok with it. I was hungry but I didn’t want to be rude to Nakai.

“It’s fine, don’t worry about earlier,” Nakai responded with a smile and he turned around.

I smiled softly and sat down next to Sokuru.

“Oi! Sokuru get off my ramen!” Nakai shouted.

“Don’t be stingy, learn to share,” Sokuru shouted back.

“My father taught me to share anything else, but not ramen, so back off!”


Finally finished this chapter. Let me know what you think. ACTION in the Next Chapter. It’s going to be a big step for me, since I’ve never really written a fighting scene since like the 3rd grade. XD But just be honest and leave me reviews. REMEMBER REVIEWS MAKE ME UPDATE FASTER.
Ja Ne
Kiyomi-Chan