Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Love Unspoken ❯ Scroll II: The Night at the Inn ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto, just some characters I created…

Summary: Naruto and co. are already 17 years at age. They came all the way to become a jounin; they have become closer over years of teamwork and hard work. But as they grew closer, two certain people have uncertainty feelings for each other. Two twins will come to their lives; will there be troubles ahead for the two or the other way around?

Scroll two: The night at the inn

Sakura walked beside Sasuke humming a happy tune, while Sasuke was amused in her mood swings but still they enjoyed each other's company as they silently walked side by side to the inn.

"Sasuke-kun! Look! A shooting star!" Sakura exclaimed as she her gaze caught a shooting star at the starry sky. She quickly clasped her two hands tight in front of her face and started wishing. When Sasuke heard her he quickly looked up to see a shooting star, just like Sakura said, a magnificent scene that caught both of their attentions.

"What did you wish for?" Sasuke eyed Sakura with curiosity.

"It's a secret!" She stuck her tongue out, playfully at him. At the sight, he just smirked, he never thought that being with Sakura is nice; after all, he should just open up a little to her.

"How about you?" Sakura asked.

"… I don't do wishes…" Sasuke answered still looking at her downwards. He just noticed that Sakura was almost a head shorter than him; she was only at the level of his nose when she stood beside him.

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. You should act like a mature all the time; it'll make you look old. Sometimes I still wonder why you still a mystery to us, you know. Of all the years I've known you… I can never crack you open! Lastly, little did you know that sometimes wishes do come true."

"Yeah? Prove it." A little smile tugged at his lips; as he found the topic interesting.

"It was one time I wished for something, and it came true." She smiled at him feebly.

"What is it?" Curiosity reign in him.

"Mi-mi-tsu! (Secret)" she exaggerated every syllable of the word; trying to maintain the cheerful atmosphere. Sasuke chuckled at Sakura's childish acts, which made Sakura a little bit surprised.

"Come on, that old Kakashi-sensei must be waiting." She pulled his arm playfully and yet he liked it; it seemed so right.

"Sasuke! Sakura! You two will be sharing rooms, because there are only two rooms left… if you don't like it you could either share with Naruto or me!" Kakashi suggested. At this Sasuke's eye twitched.

'Crap, this isn't what I wished for! Kami-sama what have I done to offend you!' she thought. [My life is ruined! Totally ruined! Dammit! I can't share with Naruto he'll hug me to death! Neither is Kakashi-sensei, he's perverted! Sasuke… well I guess he's different compared to those two. It'll be safer.] Her inner Sakura scolded.

"No thanks! I'll share with him. For tonight, ONLY!" her last word dripped with malice which made Kakashi back away a little.

They went up to their rooms and scanned the place. It's not very shabby; the only problem is… there is only one bed.

"There's only one bed." Stated Sakura.

"I'll sleep on the floor." Sasuke said.

"You can sleep on the bed, if you want to. You just sleep on your side and me on mine. It's big anyway." Sakura snorted.

"If you insist." He agreed.

They were silent for the whole night; they haven't talk much. They just did their own routine in the room. They changed to their nightdresses that they found in the cabinet of their room. Sakura went to bed first, she was facing the wall opposite of Sasuke's part of the bed.

Sasuke quietly went out of the room since he can't sleep at an early hour. He walked out of the inn to the grassy grounds and sat on them. He gaze at the stars, remembering what had happened earlier with the shooting star. He smiled.

"Yo!" said a voice from behind.

"What do you want, Kakashi-sensei?" he said as he recognized the voice.

"Can I sit here?" Kakashi pointed to the spot beside Sasuke and he nodded. Kakashi sat beside him, neither of them said a word to each other that time until Kakashi broke the silence.

"What's new, Sasuke?" Kakashi asked.

"hn?"

"About yourself! You know… I just want to know what are you thinking." At that, Sasuke shot up from his reverie and realized that he had been thinking all about Sakura. How she moves; how she smiles, walk, speak and even how her hair dances along the wind he couldn't keep his mind of her! Recently, he usually found himself staring at her more often; blush when she's near and gets angry when some guy approaches her and laughs with her.

"Nothing…" he lied.

"Oh…"Kakashi exasperated, trying not to make it look like that he was to talk to him about Sakura but how wrong was he! Sasuke just saw right through him when he remembered what Sakura have told him. "He's up to something isn't he? Better keep your eyes peeled."

"What are you getting at? It's about Sakura, isn't it?" he said in monotone.

Oh, joy. He figured out. Might as well go for it!Kakashi thought. "Not really, it's because there's something you're hiding that I want to know. And that's your feelings towards Sakura."

"I see her no more than a friend…" Sasuke lied again.

"That's what on your mind. But I want to know what's in your heart." Kakashi shot back leaving no space for Sasuke to give him an excuse.

"…"

"Sometimes you should listen to what your heart says, Sasuke."

"…" Still no answer his hair covered his eyes preventing Kakashi to see his emotion. Sasuke knew that his sensei was very good at this; he knew very well how they would act. Yet he did not answer.

'What does my heart say? I have this feeling towards yet I cannot explain. It's been only few months that she told me that she had long gave up on me to acknowledge her. Right then, I felt heavy, I wanted to tell her that it's not what it looks like but I can't bring my mouth to open. But… I managed to shove aside those feelings and images of her but now, it's coming back. Damn, Kakashi always asking me questions, why does he have to be so sharp anyway? I don't what this is called when I get near I feel tense. And now I'm starting to acknowledge her more… the question is… do I love her? Or even like her in anyway?' he pondered to himself, his brows twitched in confusion as he kept on thinking.

"You like her don't you?" Kakashi said which startled him.

"What?"

"You heard me, I'm right am I?"

"… How can you tell?"

"Simple! First, you blushed when Sakura neared you, second, I saw you get angry at Naruto for getting close to Sakura's face; third, you didn't mind that she slept on your shoulders and even caressed her face! Umm, lastly I've been watching you two… umm, you seemed to enjoy and open up a little when you're with her! Convincing?" Kakashi eyed him with glee in his eyes.

"Aa."

"I'm right then?"

"Maybe… I'm not sure…"

"Sasuke, I know that she gave up on you… you have let her know if you truly love her, or else…" he trailed off.

"Or else what?" Sasuke asked.

"You'll lose her if she falls for another guy."

"I know. Good night. I'm going to sleep." It was the last thing he said as he stood up and walked inside to his room to find a quivering Sakura on the bed. It seemed that she had shifted her position, now that she's facing his direction and her back to the wall.

He walked towards her slyly to the bed; he looked down at her. Her brows furrowed slightly, trembling from cold. He went to bed quietly avoiding any unnecessary sounds and movements to wake her. He turned his back to her, trying to sleep. Yet the coldness disturbed him, he turned to his side to face the other direction and saw Sakura still facing him. Her mouth parted slightly, shaky breath can be heard; her hands were held up near her face as it grasped themselves together.

He moved closer to her, mesmerized by her sleeping form. He felt the urge to touch her, to hold her and keep her warm. He tried to shake those thoughts off his mind but before he could do it, his face was merely an inch apart and he already felt the warmth radiated from her body.

His arms wrapped around her instinctively and pulled her closer to him until their body pressed against each other. He put his forehead on to her as he slowly closed his eyes and adjusted his head, but he suddenly felt something on his lips, his eyes widened as their lips met. He did not budge; too shocked to budge. Then, he slowly moved apart to see Sakura still sleeping. He must have been the one who caused that, sinking slowly in his thought.

"Sasuke-kun!" Sasuke looked up to see a squealing Sakura. Their gazes met; Emerald met the piercing onyx as the onyx met the warm emerald. Sakura turned crimson red at his gaze and spoke.

"Ano… Sasuke-kun…"She wanted to ask why he was so near but didn't manage because of nervousness.

"You're cold; there's no extra blankets here so I'm this close to keep each other warm from the cold temperature. If you feel uncomfortable…"

"No, it's okay. Thank you." She cut him off. Her face still wore the red hint as she buried her face in his lean chest. Sasuke sighed in relief thankful that she was not aware that their lips met earlier.

"Just go to sleep."

"…"

There was no answer of her so he presumed that she was asleep and automatically held her tighter to him; gentle yet firm. She blushed even more when felt that was closer to Sasuke compared before and slowly drifted to sleep.

Sasuke remembered their conversation. When Sakura told him something that changed his feelings towards her.

Flashback

It was New Year, everybody was up late and they were still in the festival enjoying the display of fireworks.

"Sasuke-kun? Can I talk to you? Just for a few minutes?" Sakura approached him as he stood alone not far from them.

"Aa." He answered.

"Ano… I just came here to tell you that I'm really sorry…" she was cut off by Sasuke who was shocked at her statement.

"Why are you sorry for?"

"Because I know I've been such a nuisance to you; an annoying girl. I've been thinking for quite a while, now I came up with a conclusion… I've decided that I should give up on you, you know… why should I wait till you acknowledge me, when I know that from the very beginning that you won't! I don't like to force myself into someone… so… you know what I mean right? Although I still like you, it's all been decided. Whether it hurts me or not, I decided to change from today onwards. Umm… if it's okay with you, I want to start over, I hope we can still be friends…" she finished and looked down, refraining the tears to wet her face once more.

Sasuke was aghast. He felt his insides drop; he looked at her and spoke her name. "Sakura…"

"We could still be friends right? Tears welled up in her eyes but it did not fall still looking hopeful as she smiled at him.

"Of course." He said, looking amazed.

"That's great," she mumbled under her breath. Naruto, along with their friends came, inviting them to somewhere exciting but Sakura refused.

"No thanks guys, I'm a little bit tired…" at that she walked off with pain in her eyes. Sasuke just managed to look at her; his insides really felt heavy. He felt very strange that night. Naruto neared him and spoke.

"She managed to tell you, huh? She's trying so hard and yet you didn't even see her as a friend…"

"…" He can't say anything from that moment.

"If you regret this day, try treating her differently from now on…" their roles seemed to have intertwined. Now, Naruto was the one telling him what to do and he just stands there watching his friend walk away with pain listen the other's advices.

"You guys coming or what?" Kiba growled at the two friends eyeing each other…

"Coming!" Naruto shouted. "You coming?"

"I suppose." Sasuke answered back in a monotone.

After that day, Sakura really changed attitude towards him but still he felt disturbed by the absence of her annoying attitude.

End of Flashback

He managed to shake off the memories of that day but now its haunting him again. Now, he knew why, because he had long fell in love with her but never tried to acknowledge it and denied it until now. Sleep slowly overtook his senses as he unconsciously played his fingers with her hair.

They both slept contentedly that night, especially Sasuke. Who had a genuine smile graced his features as he held her fame to him.A/N: Please give me your ideas and comments on how should the story go… okay? I already have the plot in my mind, but if you guys will suggest maybe I can add more to the story. I'll do my best to make this a great story! Pls. R&R!