Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Ninja's Little Book of Poetry and Rants ❯ A Broken Fan ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Never to Love Again
 
I said it once, and I'll say it again: I don't like you. Not any part of your human existence. Your smile, your laughter, your clothes, your looks…none of them.
 
You asked the wrong questions, Sakura. Listen carefully:
 
I didn't like you…I loved you.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
“Sasuke-kun…”
 
He looked at the rosette blankly, with no emotion whatsoever. What could she possibly want this time?
 
“What?”
 
The onyx-eyed male saw her fidget in her seat—he had taken them out to eat lunch after three hours of hell from Kakashi, Naruto, and Sai.
 
“A-ano…do you like me?”
 
His eyes widened a fraction, before turning away, keeping his eyes on the dessert on his plate. “Iie.”
 
I love you, he wanted to say, but he couldn't; it would be `un-Sasuke' of him.
 
Her emerald eyes flashed a sign of hurt, before asking quietly, “None of me?”
 
“Aa.”
 
I love all of you.
 
“I see…” she replied, giving him a fake smile. Looking at the silver watch—which he had given her on her birthday—and frowned. “I have to go; there's a patient I need to see soon.”
 
“Hn,” he replied, looking out the window, half ashamed of what he had just said. She was lying, and he knew it. He was lying, but she didn't know it.
 
His heart wanted him to take it back, but his conscience had forbid it.
 
“Thanks for treating me out for ice cream, Sasuke-kun,” she waved, before leaving him alone on the table.
 
The dark-haired ANBU stared at her retreating form, replying to her leave. “…Any time…”
 
His teammates appeared to him a month after his “dessert-date” with Sakura. He had been avoiding them (including her) because of the stupid A-class missions the Hokage had assigned him…that, and he was ashamed, afraid of speaking to HER again…
 
“Long time, no see, teme! Is baa-chan murdering you with missions? I'm surprised you're not dead yet! Got any food?” Naruto, the Jounin fled to the kitchen, along with Sai, who just gave him another one of his fake smiles.
 
Kakashi coughed, trying to get his attention. “From Sakura,” he said, and produced a white envelope from his green vest.
 
Not long after reading it, the last Uchiha's eyes bled crimson. “No. Fucking. Way.”
 
-
 
-
 
-
 
Mr. Hiashi Hyuuga
requests the pleasure of your company
at an evening reception to celebrate
the marriage of his nephew
Neji Hyuuga
to
Miss Sakura Haruno
at The Four Seasons Hotel, Konoha,
on Saturday 29th of May
at 8 o'clock.
 
-
 
-
 
-
 
Neji and Sakura. Together.
 
Not the Sharingan user, but the Byakugan prodigy. As Neji would say, “It was fate.”
 
Damn him.
 
His ex-sensei saw him crumple the paper on the floor and digging into it with the heel of his boot. Sai and Naruto stood in the kitchen area, silently observing him as they raided his fridge.
“Sorry, Sasuke, but…”
 
He shook his head. “I know.”
 
Sasuke could hear his blonde friend laugh at him as the group disappeared in a cloud of smoke, leaving him and the wrinkled invitation.
 
I'm too late for you, Sakura
 
I'm sorry.
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *
 
 
Author's Notes:
 
My Disclaimer is that I don't own Naruto. Kishimoto does, though, the lucky bastard…
 
I told you it was a serious moment! My first try of an…angsty? Up next…well, I dunno. -sweatdrop- I'll get back to you on that.