Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ There's always an Angel for someone: Childhood! ❯ A New World: (Travel to the Mist Village) ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1: The travel to the Mist Village
As the portal from Radiant Garden had disappeared, the girls were now laying in the floor unconsciously as they remembered the words their friends and father said.
FlashBack
“But Daddy,” Angel asked. “Why do we have to go away? Why can't we stay with you?”
“I told you, you can't stay around here,” Cloud answered, harshly. “It's too dangerous. Plus, you and your sister need to learn to control your powers so you 2 won't be anymore trouble in town.”
“No, daddy!! I want to stay with you! And mommy!! Where's mommy?” Angel cried as she kept coming onto her father, hugging his leg. It looked like Cloud was about to snap first, but instead, he grabbed by the poor girl's collar and held her to his height.
“I told you before… mommy's not coming back… never again… she's gone forever.”
As Angel heard those words, she felt a little hurt as she started shaking when cloud put her down.
“Uh, Angel, your dad didn't mean it in that way,” Rinoa said as she bent down to comfort the poor girl.
“Yeah! Once you've controlled your powers, you'll be able to help us fight that bad guy, Sephi-what's-his-name, and everything will fine, you'll see.”
“Mm…” Angel still wasn't so sure about how her father felt for her. Rinoa saw the look on her face and felt sorry for her.
“Cloud-” She was about to say something, but then Leon came up to them, putting a hand on Cloud's shoulder.
“Come. We need to talk.” Leon said, gesturing to come with him outside. Cloud didn't care at first, but when he saw the look on Leon's face, he knew he wasn't playing, so he followed him.
“Where's daddy going?” Annabell asked, confused.
“Uh, daddy's just going to have a chat with Uncle Leon.” Yuffie said.
“Right, but not for too long,” Merlin suggested. “I suggest we pack the young ladies stuff. The time to able to open the portal will be exactly Midnight.”
“Midnight? But that's 3 hours away. Isn't there a way we can have more time?” Rinoa asked in worry.
“I'm afraid not. It would be too dangerous.” Merlin said, disappointed. “This is our only chance.”
“Well then, let's stop layin' around and let's get movin'!” Cid suggested as he started working on starting up the program for the portal.”
“Right, let's go, Annabell.” Yuffie said as she held out her hand for the blue-haired 6 year old's. Annabell took her hand and they both soon headed toward their house in fast speed.
“Angel, are you okay?” Rinoa asked as she bent down to her, patting her head.
“Rinoa-chan, does daddy hate me?” Angel asked, looking up to Rinoa with tears in her eyes.
“Of course not!! Why would you think he would?” She said, worried of what Angel would think of Cloud.
“Well...” Angel said as she soon started to tell what had happened yesterday.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile, outside, Leon was confronting Cloud on how he was treating Angel.
“Don't you think you was being to hard on her?” Leon spoke. “It's not her fault. She didn't know.”
“She killed children. There's no excuse in that” Cloud spoke, not really caring about it.
“But she's a child herself. And so is Annabell. They need your support.” Leon protest.
“…” Cloud just leaned on the side of the castle, eyes closed, not responding.
“Why were you acting that way towards her?”
“…”
“Cloud, you can't hide your feelings from everyone for long. You have to sometimes let go and let yourself talk.”
“…” Cloud still remained silent. Leon was about to speak more, but then, Yuffie appeared in a smoke-cloud effect.
“Merlin said come to tower right now.” She spoke. As the 3 of them headed back towards the tower, Yuffie gave Cloud a really angered look on their face.
“We don't have much time left.” Merlin explained. He nodded towards Cid as he started the machine.
Meanwhile, while Rinoa was giving them some last mother-like advice, since Aerith wasn't there, Leon, Cloud and Yuffie were talking about what had happened not too log ago.
“Why would you try to kill them? That's unreasonable Cloud. That's not like you!” Yuffie proclaimed.
“Hn. I'm surprised you even knew what `unreasonable' means.” Cloud spat back. He really didn't care. He knew that once those girls would be sent to the world, they couldn't come back until they were strong enough to defeat Sephiroth. But also, in his view, this would give him time to get stronger.
“You are just… Ugh!!” Yuffie yelled in angered, face redder than a brick. She gave Cloud a hard smack in the face as she soon walked away from the area.
“…” Leon shook his head, as he looked over at loud, giving him a disgusted look. Cloud didn't bothered to pay attention to him as he soon walked away into town.
“…” Rinoa had a little angered in her eyes. But then, her anger started to fade away as soon as she heard sobbing. She turned next to her to see a sad sight.
Angel was crying after hearing her `so-called' father argue with the people she cared about. Annabell was trying so hard to stop her crying, that she couldn't resist crying either, both knowing they knew the truth.
Cloud had never really cared for them… the one who loved them the most… their mother… was gone… and they were about to be sent away from the other people who had really cared for them…
“It's true… daddy really does hate us!!” Angel said as she sobbed onto the floor. Ice soon appeared under her slowly as it spread towards the area. Rinoa saw this and had to act fast, knowing that if Angel didn't stop crying soon, she would freeze up the whole place before they got the girls to safety through the portal.
“Leon!”
“Angel!” Annabell cried.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At this time, Yuffie had just came back from ruining the training grounds
Meanwhile outside, little did they know that once Cloud went outside, he was really Sephiroth in disguise? He soon looked at he now normal form as he whispered his plan to himself. Turns out, he had taken the opportunity to mess with the girls relationship with their father as part of the plan to gain the girls trust. Plus, he was planning to kill Cloud by obtaining her body.
At this time, Yuffie just came back from ruining the training grounds in anger. She looked over and saw Cloud. As she walked over, she noticed that something wasn't right. She hid behind a corner and gasped as she soon saw the one called “cloud” transformed into Sephiroth.
`No wonder Cloud was acting jerky!!' She thought. She soon turned away and 'poofed' herself backed to the tower.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Angel,” Rinoa screamed while the wind soon blew as snow and ice flowed everywhere as she went over the ice and held the poor girl in her arms. “Listen to me!! I know everything seems bad right now!! But trust me, everything will be fine!!”
Soon, the wind stopped blowing with snow and ice in the air as Angel looked up to Rinoa in confusion.
“Even though now, everything isn't fine now, it's all just a lie. But we want you guys to train hard and soon come home to bring peace.”
“She's right,” Leon said. “It's seems bad for now. But everything will be fine.”
“Yeah, sis.” Annabell said, as she turned to her sister. “Daddy's wrong. We'll prove it. We'll go to this weird world together, train ourselves hard and prove dad wrong and get back peace in this world. No matter what happens, I love you my dear sister.”
Angel looked to her twin, gasping as she heard those words. And then she smiled. And as the young ice wielder was no longer sad, the ice and snow started to disappear without leaving any drops of water behind.
The group looked around and was amazed at this. Merlin has saw this and smiled.
“It seems that when one person sadness and anger may cause destruction, but if they can learn to understand that anger is not everything, they will find the road to happiness.” he spoke in wisdom words.
Rinoa and Leon looked to Merlin and nodded in agreement while the girls, and Cid, looked at him confused. Soon, the silence was broken…
“I don't know what the heck he just said, but I've got news!” Everyone looked towards the door to find Yuffie running towards the group.
“What's up, gal,” Cid asked. “Still mad at blonde?”
“No, but that's what I wanted to tell you,” Yuffie started to explain. “That wasn't Cloud in the room with us. It was Sephiroth!!”
“What?!” The group yelled in union. Then Yuffie began to explain about what she saw and heard of Sephiroth's plan while Rinoa held Angel closely in her arms as Angel ha listened to Rinoa's heartbeat.
“Then we must get the girls out of here immediately!!” Merlin proclaimed.
Angel soon closed her eyes.
End flashback
The Girls were now lying in a misty forest, no one around, until a tall shadow soon loomed over the girls.
End Chapter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AR: Lots of suspense, huh? I not rushing this story because it has been my idea for who knows how long, and I've finally had the time to write it. Please review, my fellow readers.